Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,319 members, 7,836,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Photos: Joan Rivers Farewelled In New York - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Photos: Joan Rivers Farewelled In New York (737 Views)

Davido Reunites With Girlfriend, Sira Kante In New York (photos) / Photos: Joan Rivers Buried With A Red Carpet In Her Grave / Joan Rivers Stops Breathing During Surgery, Said To Be In Critical Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: Joan Rivers Farewelled In New York by 247tops(m): 1:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
Joan Rivers’s directions for her own funeral service were printed in the program the ushers handed out on Sunday at Temple Emanu-El on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. “I want my funeral to be a big showbiz affair with lights, cameras, action,” the paragraph-long directive said. “I want paparazzi and I want publicists making a scene! I want it to be Hollywood all the way. I don’t want some rabbi rambling on.”
More than an hour of tributes and reminiscences followed from friends who occasionally found themselves turning to Rabbi Davidson, the synagogue’s senior rabbi, as if to say not “Can we talk?” — one of the phrases Ms. Rivers made famous — but “Can we talk like that here?” after uttering language not usually heard in a place of worship. Continue reading the main story Related Coverage An Appraisal: Joan Rivers Could Never Stop WorkingSEPT. 4, 2014 Joan Rivers, a Comic Stiletto Quick to Skewer, Is Dead at 81SEPT. 4, 2014 On the Runway Blog: Memories of Joan Rivers at New York Fashion WeekSEPT. 7, 2014 On the Runway Blog: One Last Appearance at Fashion Week for Joan RiversSEPT. 7, 2014 “Sorry, rabbi,” the columnist Cindy Adams said. She was not the only one who looked his way.

MORE PHOTOS HERE: http://247tops..com/2014/09/photos-joan-rivers-farewelled-in-new.html

Re: Photos: Joan Rivers Farewelled In New York by stexsy(m): 1:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
chai..rivers people will miss this great woman..lolz
Re: Photos: Joan Rivers Farewelled In New York by Lilimax(f): 1:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
stexsy: chai..rivers people will miss this great woman..lolz
undecided
Re: Photos: Joan Rivers Farewelled In New York by Dreyl(m): 2:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hmmm undecided
Re: Photos: Joan Rivers Farewelled In New York by swaystunna(m): 2:51pm On Sep 08, 2014
This was her wish

(1) (Reply)

Jim Iyke And Nadia Buhari Shares First Picture After Break Up Rumor / Linda Ikeji Loses $1.2 Million ‘virtual’ Empire / Patoranking And Seyi Shay In Romatic Affair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.