Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. (5498 Views)

What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by dam007(m): 1:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
Funny how men view things these days... I'm of the opinion that some things aren't supposed to be ignored regardless of the influence of our colleagues... Helping one's spouse with some house chores isn't mandatory but I feel men frown at it because it looks #demeaning to them as the man of the house.. Here's my view as regards this.. I help my partner with some of "our house chores" when its clear that she's too tired to or for Some reasons unable to do it all.. To me, I do it not because I should, nor because I'm mandated to but because its our house.. Ps I'd love more opinions happy nairalanders!...

3 Likes

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by DickDastardly(m): 1:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
dam007: Funny how men view things these days... I'm of the opinion that some things aren't supposed to be ignored regardless of the influence of our colleagues... Helping one's spouse with some house chores isn't mandatory but I feel men frown at it because it looks #demeaning to them as the man of the house.. Here's my view as regards this.. I help my partner with some of "our house chores" when its clear that she's too tired to or for Some reasons unable to do it all.. To me, I do it not because I should, nor because I'm mandated to but because its our house.. Ps I'd love more opinions happy nairalanders!...

Weak in Pocket

1 Like

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by dam007(m): 1:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
DickDastardly:

Weak in Pocket
really?? You think Well, to a very large extent, you're wrong.. Besides... Not like you've gotta.. You choose to! Wrong?? What's your opinion??

2 Likes

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Dreyl(m): 1:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
I've nothing to say because am not yet married.
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Mrval20(m): 2:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
In my view, there's nothing wrong with it... Don't just overdo it and don't make her feel you're playing your role. If there's understanding in the marriage, she'd know you're just being a sweetheart.
Don't also start what you can't finish... If you know you wouldn't continue, then don't even start it because when you suddenly stop helping her out, she'd conclude you don't love her anymore or that she's sharing you with someone else.
#My opinion.

9 Likes

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by whatsmyname(m): 2:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
What do you mean by "...its demeaning?" What is demeaning in you doing your own share of the chores? What's wrong with some people! Is she your house maid? She is your partner, your soul mate, your friend. Do you tell your friend or partner to go do all the work while your sit your lousy black a.r.s.e somewhere only for the reward to show and you stick your tongue out like a dehydrated dog wanting a piece of the goody? I bet you will not. For your info, my wife and I share house chores. So, look no further; c'est fini.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by AfricanApple(f): 2:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
dam007: Funny how men view things these days... I'm of the opinion that some things aren't supposed to be ignored regardless of the influence of our colleagues... Helping one's spouse with some house chores isn't mandatory but I feel men frown at it because it looks #demeaning to them as the man of the house.. Here's my view as regards this.. I help my partner with some of "our house chores" when its clear that she's too tired to or for Some reasons unable to do it all.. To me, I do it not because I should, nor because I'm mandated to but because its our house.. Ps I'd love more opinions happy nairalanders!...
I simply see them as caring men.

5 Likes

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 08, 2014
there's not wrong or demeaning about it. if a woman is submissive enough, she deserves all ur loyalty nd submission as well. doing chores 2geda cud b a way of bonding, provided d wife doesn't 4get dat it is her duty

3 Likes

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by dam007(m): 2:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
Mrval20: In my view, there's nothing wrong with it... Don't just overdo it and don't make her feel you're playing your role. If there's understanding in the marriage, she'd know you're just being a sweetheart.
Don't also start what you can't finish... If you know you wouldn't continue, then don't even start it because when you suddenly stop helping her out, she'd conclude you don't love her anymore or that she's sharing you with someone else.
#My opinion.
correct!!
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by dam007(m): 2:35pm On Sep 08, 2014
Mrval20. help discern overdo??.. It would be of help!
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Mrval20(m): 2:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
dam007: Mrval20. help discern overdo??.. It would be of help!
More like really making it a responsibility, your duty, or as I said earlier on, one of your roles in the family...."man, it's saturday again and I have to wash all these clothes; I hate washing though but I have to do it." My opinion is that if you have to struggle to help her out (even when she doesn't have much to do herself), then you're overdoing it.
#My opinion.
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Godmystrength: 3:13pm On Sep 08, 2014
Really??
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Haywhymido(m): 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hmmm, nairalanders solving people problems since 2005
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by shizzleStar: 4:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
My view is that it is commendable and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. It will not in any way bellitle the man neither does it imply any sort of weakness. If anything, it 'will' or 'should' increase the respect the wife has for him. any man who considers it demeaning is not only myopic, shallow and silly but full of unbridled pride and ego

6 Likes

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
As a real african man that I am, I believe women should do their job in the kitchen and let me do mine in the bedroom angry
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Godmystrength: 6:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
alutacontinua: As a real african man that I am, I believe women
should do their job in the kitchen and let me do mine in the bedroom
angry
aluta na MAN? shocked shocked
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by dam007(m): 6:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
alutacontinua: As a real african man that I am, I believe women should do their job in the kitchen and let me do mine in the bedroom angry
question is, does the "real African lifestyle" still apply in Nigeria these days?.

2 Likes

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by dam007(m): 6:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
Godmystrength:
Really??
got a contrary opinion?
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Dygeasy(m): 7:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
dicefrost: there's not wrong or demeaning about it. if a woman is submissive enough, she deserves all ur loyalty nd submission as well. doing chores 2geda cud b a way of bonding, provided d wife doesn't 4get dat it is her duty
Seriously?
SMDH!

3 Likes

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
What is the duty of a husband?

1 Like

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by dam007(m): 8:25pm On Sep 08, 2014
folly65:
What is the duty of a husband?
put food on the table, love respect and protect his wife, Father the kids... Does that cover it??
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by dam007(m): 8:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
What's the duty of a wife folly?
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by OmoAlata1(f): 8:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
Who die and say woman duty is to housework Shouldn't it OUR duty instead of just one person?

When a woman works and make salary, the same idiiot men in here who say "it is her duty to do house chores" will be the one asking where is her own share of financial contribution to the household. And give her the silent treatment if she doesn't contribute. If you expect her to follow gender rules, then you should do the same. When she works, even if she earns more than you, don't use that stinky mouth with yellow teeth of urs to ask her to contribute financially to the house. You bring home the money and she can keep her salary n still make sure your is house clean, your clothes are clean, your kids look clean, food is ready , etc. And at night whether she is tired or not, she can spread her legs eagles for you and you can go up n down for ur boring 5 minutes action without pleasing her sexuaal needs

7 Likes

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
...Although, its not compulsory...But i believe they are caring and understanding....Even if he cant help with the kitchen chores, i ll love it if he gist with me or just be around me and say silly things to each other....

1 Like

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by dam007(m): 9:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
OmoAlata1: Who die and say woman duty is to housework Shouldn't it OUR duty instead of just one person?

When a woman works and make salary, the same idiiot men in here who say "it is her duty to do house chores" will be the one asking where is her own share of financial contribution to the household. And give her the silent treatment if she doesn't contribute. If you expect her to follow gender rules, then you should do the same. When she works, even if she earns more than you, don't use that stinky mouth with yellow teeth of urs to ask her to contribute financially to the house. You bring home the money and she can keep her salary n still make sure your is house clean, your clothes are clean, your kids look clean, food is ready , etc. And at night whether she is tired or not, she can spread her legs eagles for you and you can go up n down for ur boring 5 minutes action without pleasing her sexuaal needs
different strokes for different folks tho.. I just believe, its dependent on the individuals...
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by dam007(m): 9:14pm On Sep 08, 2014
Besides some men construe it as some cause for disrespect.. But then.. It could way of bonding for some couples and for some others, asking the husband to lend a hand may come out rude..
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
dam007: put food on the table, love respect and protect his wife, Father the kids... Does that cover it??
this is 2014 women are now helping them so half of their role of putting food on the table undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
dam007: Besides some men construe it as some cause for disrespect.. But then.. It could way of bonding for some couples and for some others, asking the husband to lend a hand may come out rude..
so if he can't pay all the bills solely for sometime and he asks her to "help out with the bills" will it come out as rude?

4 Likes

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 08, 2014
OmoAlata1: Who die and say woman duty is to housework Shouldn't it OUR duty instead of just one person?

dont mind some of these goats they scream gender equality when its only to their benefit and then scream african culture and values when it comes to another thing

5 Likes

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
dam007: question is, does the "real African lifestyle" still apply in Nigeria these days?.

my wife is always treated like the African queen that she is, like our forefathers treated their queens. cool
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by crackhaus: 10:14pm On Sep 08, 2014

Mondisweets: dont mind some of these goats they scream gender equality when its only to their benefit and then scream african culture and values when it comes to another thing

Nigerian women...taking things personal & making emotionally charged responses since 1914 AD.

5 Likes

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by crackhaus: 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
alutacontinua:

my wife is always treated like the African queen that she is, like our forefathers treated their queens. cool
Going to the farm, birthing babies, and doing all the household work plus cooking is how you want to be treated? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Women Like The Sight Of Another Woman's Breasts? / ... / Please I Need Advise!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.