Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,325 members, 7,954,315 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:32 PM

No One Is Born Gay - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No One Is Born Gay (681 Views)

Born Gay? It's Not Your Fault / Are People Born Gay Or Is It By Choice? / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No One Is Born Gay by peteregwu(m): 10:53am On Sep 09, 2014
If there were reputable scientific evidence that
some people were born homosexual, I would have
no problem accepting this. After all, my theology
tells me that as human beings, we are all created
in God's image and yet we are a fallen race, and
so all of us carry aspects of that fallen nature to
the core of our being, and that could theoretically
include homosexuality.
But the fact is that there is simply no reputable
scientific evidence that anyone is born gay.
As stated by gay activist and history professor
John D'Emilio, "'Born gay' is an idea with a large
constituency, LGBT and otherwise. It's an idea
designed to allay the ingrained fears of a
homophobic society and the internalized fears of
gays, lesbians and bisexuals. What's most
amazing to me about the 'born gay' phenomenon
is that the scientific evidence for it is thin as a
reed, yet it doesn't matter. It's an idea with such
social utility that one doesn't need much
evidence in order to make it attractive and
credible."
In other words, because the "born gay" idea has
proved so useful, the fact that there's virtually no
scientific support for the theory hardly matters.
It's an idea that has worked wonders for gay
activists and their allies.
As noted years ago by gay scientist Simon LeVay,
"There [was] a survey in The New York Times
that broke down people on the basis of whether
they thought gays and lesbians were born that
way or whether it was a lifestyle choice. Across
the board, those who thought gays and lesbians
were born that way were more liberal and gay
friendly."
And so, the argument goes, "If I'm born this way,
how can my attractions be wrong? And if I'm
born this way, how can you expect me to
change?"
Of course, even if no one is born gay, that doesn't
mean that homosexual attractions are not deeply
rooted. In most cases, those feelings are very
deeply rooted to the point that many gay men
and women truly believe they were born gay.
And even if no one is born gay, that doesn't mean
that homosexual attractions are easily changed.
In most cases, they are not.
But why base a so-called civil-rights movement
on lies? Why not tell the truth?
One of the most gay-friendly professional
organizations in our country is the American
Psychological Association, and yet even the APA
states that, "There is no consensus among
scientists about the exact reasons that an
individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay,
or lesbian orientation."
Similarly, in England, the pro-gay Royal College of
Psychiatrists recently backtracked on an earlier
statement that homosexuality was biologically
determined, now saying that "sexual orientation is
determined by a combination of biological and
postnatal environmental factors." And while they
stated clearly their belief that homosexuality was
not a mental disorder and that it should be
accepted, they added, "It is not the case that
sexual orientation is immutable or might not vary
to some extent in a person's life."
That's why psychiatrist Nathaniel S. Lehrman,
former chairperson of the Task Force on Religion
and Mental Health said in 2005, "Researchers
now openly admit that after searching for more
than 20 years, they are still unable to find the
'gay gene'" (in the Journal of American Physicians
and Surgeons).
advertisement
Why then do we constantly hear about people
being born gay? First, it has worked wonders for
gay activism; second, many gays and lesbians
believe it to be true, since as far back as they can
remember, they felt that they were different.
But political expediency and personal feelings do
not change the facts, and those facts remain the
same: There is no clear scientific evidence that
anyone is born gay
According to lesbian researcher Lisa Diamond ,
"The queer community has been obsessed with
cultivating the idea that we all have fixed sexual
identities. We've crafted terrific narratives and
political platforms based on the notions that all
gays are 'born that way.' But what if sexuality is
more complex? What if biology actually intersects
with environment, time, culture and context?
Could we possibly be more fluid than we've
supposed?"
Camille Paglia, a social critic, academic, feminist
and lesbian, was even more blunt, famously
stating in her book Vamps and Tramps , "Our
sexual bodies were designed for reproduction. ...
No one is born gay. The idea is ridiculous ...
homosexuality is an adaptation, not an inborn
trait."
Paglia also asked, "Is the gay identity so fragile
that it cannot bear the thought that some people
may not wish to be gay? Sexuality is highly fluid,
and reversals are theoretically possible."
Remarkably, when a school chaplain in Tasmania,
Australia, posted Paglia's opinion on social
media, there was an outcry against him, causing
him to issue a public apology: "I've made a
mistake and learnt from it. I'm deeply sorry for
any offence I've caused. I was very careless in
posting that image for discussion. I will work with
my employers to ensure there is no repeat."
Despite this apology, he was still fired —and the
organization he worked for was Christian! That is
how toxic today's climate has become, and yet
this chaplain simply posted the accurate
reflections of a lesbian academic. How could this
be considered hateful or bigoted?
Again, this does not mean that same-sex
attractions and desires are not deeply rooted in
some people's lives, nor does it mean that they
chose to be gay. (You can choose to act on your
attractions but that doesn't mean you chose to
have the attractions.)
It simply means that one of the major gay-
activist talking points, one that has even
infiltrated parts of the church, is based on lies,
not truth.
It's time we speak the truth in love. Lies never
help anyone in the long run.

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/in-the-line-of-fire/45308-no-one-is-born-gay
Re: No One Is Born Gay by advocate666: 11:07am On Sep 09, 2014
So what if they choose to be gay? How is that your business?
Re: No One Is Born Gay by peteregwu(m): 11:10am On Sep 09, 2014
advocate666: So what if they choose to be gay? How is that your business?

then there destination will be hell fire because they destroyed the body God have to them.

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Re: No One Is Born Gay by advocate666: 11:15am On Sep 09, 2014
peteregwu:

then there destination will be hell fire because they destroyed the body God have to them.

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Ok. So they are going to hell, so what?
Don't worry, they won't be alone in hell. Some of you preachers are going to join us there. Get your arzzez ready cheesy
Re: No One Is Born Gay by rinrin23(f): 11:22am On Sep 09, 2014
peteregwu:

After reading the post, I honestly expected a more educated response from you.
Re: No One Is Born Gay by peteregwu(m): 11:28am On Sep 09, 2014
WHO TOLD U EVERYONE IS GOING TO HEAVEN. YES MANY WILL STILL GO TO HELL FIRE. BUT ITS A CHOICE, AND THAT CHOICE WILL BE MADE NOW WE ALL ARE ALIVE. .AND THE ONLY WAY IS TRUE JESUS BY REPENTING AND FORSAKING OUR SINS AND ACCEPT HIM AS OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR. REMEMBER IT IS A CHOICE, NO ONE IS FORCING U INTO IT. THAT IS WHY I LOVE JESUS.
Re: No One Is Born Gay by advocate666: 11:37am On Sep 09, 2014
And that is why I love Satan.
Re: No One Is Born Gay by peteregwu(m): 11:52am On Sep 09, 2014
advocate666: And that is why I love Satan.

BUT HE IS BOUND IN HELL WAITING TO BE CAST INTO HELL FIRE ON THE JUDGMENT DAY. WELL IF U CHOSE TO GO TO HELL FIRE, FINE.

Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Re: No One Is Born Gay by Folksyharry(m): 12:09pm On Sep 09, 2014
I have been able to understand at this point in my life that everyone have the right to believe whatever they choose to believe. But as a christian I believe everyone will be judged according to all their activities while on earth so I know I can't choose to believe and practise anything that falls outside the principles by which I must live my life. If anyone chooses to be gay then the person should accept the truths about it like those stated in this post. Until scientists can prove that gay gene is in humans gay men and women should not use this as the reason for their choice.
But most significantly, I encourage them to take a honest look at the Bible and see how God wants us to live our life.
Re: No One Is Born Gay by advocate666: 12:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
peteregwu:

BUT HE IS BOUND IN HELL WAITING TO BE CAST INTO HELL FIRE ON THE JUDGMENT DAY. WELL IF U CHOSE TO GO TO HELL FIRE, FINE.

Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Haha. Delusions.
I choose hell fire and Satan.
Re: No One Is Born Gay by hungryboy(m): 12:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
No one is born straight either
Re: No One Is Born Gay by rinrin23(f): 2:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
hungryboy: No one is born straight either
Seconded!

2 Likes

Re: No One Is Born Gay by plaetton: 3:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
peteregwu:

Whether people are born gay or whether there are environmental or postnatal psychological factors that contribute to it, the case remains that an individual does not choose to be gay . What people do is to CHOOSE to come out and be themselves instead of hiding and feeling guilt for no wrong that they have done.

Whether biological, psychological or environmental, gays have always been with us from the very beginning of human civilization.
Therefore, if there is anyone to blame for the biological, psychological or environmental errors , it is the mediocre and incompetent supposed designer and creator of the universe , environment and human life, aka god.

So, by your logic, god ought to throw himself in hell first for his incompetence in creating, allowing for and not correcting the extraneous factors that result in homosexuality.

I find very very odd and funny that you christians would rather see other humans thrown into your hell for being and expressing their innate personality than to hold your skydaddy/skyfairy/skymonster god , who supposedly created all things perfect , responsible for the imperfections of his creations.

God is like Nigerian leaders who are never held accountable for their actions.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No One Is Born Gay by Apostle999: 6:14pm On Jul 25, 2016
advocate666 pls reach me on this email: abfmchurch@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Why Dont You Believe??? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/01/15 / Islamic Burial Role Of Women .. Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.