Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

World's Most Amazing Ship. - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / World's Most Amazing Ship. (39254 Views)

20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History / 10 Most Amazing Ancient Objects Of Mystery In History / Eight Of The World’s Most Stunning Bridges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
ojeffo:
EPILEPSY OF THE BRAIN

You actually got me laughed, you try, you funny small. I have since updated the texts you quoted.
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by free2ryhme: 9:07pm On Sep 12, 2014
Shame to the nigerian universities
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by asids55: 9:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
film trick..i no believe
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by Austindark(m): 9:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
free2ryhme: Shame to the nigerian universities

why
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
That cannot carry world largest aircraft carrier!

1 Like

Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 12, 2014
Damn! This is amazing! cool
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by osnova(m): 9:15pm On Sep 12, 2014
Awesome......but remember make una white men no invent something you people go use challenge GOD....like TITANIC,cos ma GOD IZ INVINCIBLE. ;DAwesome......but remember make una white men no invent something you people go use challenge GOD....like TITANIC,cos ma GOD IZ INVINCIBLE.
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by allergiicc(f): 9:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
Sile12: Ships are designed to float above the water. But the Dockwise Blue Marlin is not an ordinary ship. It’s one of the world’s strongest semi-submersible heavy lift ships.What this ship can do is simply stunning, to say the least. It’s designed to transport large numbers of ships, a gigantic oil rig, or even a warship.
Blue Marlinis a semi-submersible heavy lift ship from Dockwise Shipping of the Netherlands. Designed to transport very large semi-submersible drilling rigs above the transport ship's deck, it is equipped with 38 cabins to accommodate 60 people, a workout room, sauna and swimming facilities.Blue Marlin and her sister ship MV Black Marlin comprise the Marlin class of heavy lift ship.

Specifications**

Length overall: 217 m (712 ft)*.
Length PP: 206.5 m (677 ft)*.
Breadth moulded: 42 m (138 ft)*.
Depth moulded: 13.3 m (44 ft)*.
Summer draft: 10 m (33 ft)*.
Deadweight: 56,000 metric tons*.
Submerge depth above deck: 10 m (33 ft)*.
Free deck length: 178.2 or 157.2 m (585 or 516 ft)*.
Free deck area: More than 7,215 m2(77,660 sq ft)*.Main engine output: 12,640 kW (17,160 BHP)*.
Bow thruster: 2,000 kW (2,712 BHP)*.
Cruise speed: 14.5 knots (26.9 km/h; 16.7 mph)*.Cruise range: 25,000 nautical miles (46,000 km; 29,000 mi)*.
Accommodation: 55 people*.
Building yard: CSBC,Kaohsiung

Post-2004*.
Depth: 13.3 m (44 ft)*.
Max sailing draft: 10 m (33 ft)*.
Max draft submerged: 29.3 m (96 ft)*.
Water above deck submerged*.aft 16 m (52 ft)*.forward 12 m (39 ft)*.
Deck space: 63 m × 178.2 m (207 ft × 585 ft)*.
Deck area: 11,227 m2(120,850 sq ft)*.
Propulsor output: 4,500 kW (6,035 hp) each.

siros

Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by Akalia(m): 9:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
The ship looks ordinary but it's massive size. Then considering the working principle behind this ship's mechanism is d big bang. Awesome! Awesome work of man I must say.
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by osnova(m): 9:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
Awesome......but remember make una white men no invent something you people go use challenge GOD....like TITANIC,cos ma GOD IZ INVINCIBLE.
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
Ok but

endtimeship shaa tongue
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by gatiano(m): 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
if you show this to an indian, he will so what?
you show it too a pakistani, he would say nice work
show it to the arabs he would say they can now transport their fighter jets
show it to japanese, he would say impresive, but its nothing.
show it to a peruvian, he would say karaku! my boat too can do same
show it to the native american, he will say, well its their time, let them enjoy it while it last.
show it to an african, he would say his fathers are bastard, and hate himself and then begin to glorify other than himself.

the african man is so lazy, that he can read, even when you make him a video of intelligent things on youtube, he is not patient to learn, moreso the book he hypocritly claims he loves so much than life itself (bible), he does not read that too except a pastor tells him to open to a particular verse or chapter, and at the end may not or never understand its meaning. what a pity african men and women. so like a pastor, i will implore you to open to the book of Genesis 6:15,

it says, Genesis 6:15 - And this [is the fashion] which thou shalt make it [of]: The length of the ark [shall be] three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

As you can see GOD, A SUPREME HUMANBEING taught Noah, how to make a ship. any ship that any living soul will or must or want to make must follow in the dimension. ratio lenght to breadth to height must be 10 : 5 :3 metre/cm/mile/ nautical mile. you can cut it any shape you fantasize of or dream of, you can put the sun on it, it will float as long as you follow that dimension.

now children, check any carrier, boat or ship. and tell me that i wrong. don't go on praising people, openning your mouth wide on what your baby boys can do.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by tellwisdom: 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
Sorry, what does it do apart from carrying other ships?? sad
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by obisage(m): 9:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
it's very simple!
oyibo does not believe in impossibility!
if u can imagine it. you can achieve it.
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by clem305D(m): 9:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!! I can't shout. this is awesome!!

Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by Justicemy: 9:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
obisage: it's very simple!
oyibo does not believe in impossibility!
if u can imagine it. you can achieve it.
if u dnt have anytn diffrnt 4rm wat others av said why dnt u go nd sleep, and stop wasting the little mb ur parent got 4 u, photocopier
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by amanze15(m): 9:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
jesu!!!!!!!!, this is bonkers shocked, it actually carry a oil Rig, what the F, the shear weight distribution on this monster is crazy shocked, while some think some are wasting time grin, when them dey enlist for crew members abeg wink
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by free2ryhme: 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2014
Austindark: why

You are asking me why?

Is it not evident enough?

Are you pleased withe level of engineering achievements in this country
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 12, 2014
osnova: Awesome......but remember make una white men no invent something you people go use challenge GOD....like TITANIC,cos ma GOD IZ INVINCIBLE.
_

Your type, eh... SMH.
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by finofaya: 9:36pm On Sep 12, 2014
This is sorcery.

Great Ship please spare my soul.
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by NewDelhi(m): 9:36pm On Sep 12, 2014
lilprinze: Things like this makes me keep wondering when Africa would also start developing or inventing things that would change the world.
The only things we know how to invent are new ways of looting money and new diseases like Ebola.
Baba it will take a hundred years to do that. We are far from civilization and optimum economical development.

1 Like

Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by piagetskinner(m): 9:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
What a carrier...Truly amazing!! Does an oil rig float on water
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by Drdreluv: 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
Na lie jor photoshop ni jare
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by kcdivinefavour: 9:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
My dad is one of the engineers in this ship and he is the only black man.
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by agedmanng: 9:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
SimonAndal:
So let those federal university and private university students that were making noise all over this forum design and manufacture one. Please, I dey beg. If not keep your mouths shut. Tank you don menshon.

You are so correct. I respect your sense of reasoning. And also the first class dude that was all over NL yesterday. Kids couple phones in China, artisans handle 80% of car productions here in Germany. We believe in the power of certificates in naija. Innonso and the rest springing up, all I see naija graduates do is ridicule their factory. I see we are not ready to invent or grow.

4 Likes

Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 9:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
SimonAndal:
So let those federal university and private university students that were making noise all over this forum design and manufacture one. Please, I dey beg. If not keep your mouths shut. Tank you don menshon.
Wat the F r u saying
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
The world largest aircraft carrier at 99,000 tonnes(89,811.28926 metric tonnes or tons).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqLn1wKJAw

1 Like

Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by Austindark(m): 9:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
free2ryhme:

You are asking me why?

Is it not evident enough?

Are you pleased withe level of engineering achievements in this country
America was not built in a day man

we will b dere sum day
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by iluvpomo(m): 9:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
Ship we de carry anoda ship .. simply wonderful
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by Japhteez(m): 9:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
Awesome! But was looking out to see a long/stretched upto 300ton inbuilt crane on the ship. Maybe am not seeing it well from the angle the picture was taken from
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 12, 2014
Extreme Engineering.

1 Like

Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 12, 2014
I smell racism,tribalism,insultism,&fightism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Temitope Ogunsemo, Founder Of Krystal Digital, A $3 Million Edtech Company / Kpakpando Akaeze, World Science Champion From Nigeria (Photo) / Snake Wrapped Under A Gas Cylinder, As Man Raises Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.