Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

World's Most Amazing Ship. - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / World's Most Amazing Ship. (39240 Views)

20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History / 10 Most Amazing Ancient Objects Of Mystery In History / Eight Of The World’s Most Stunning Bridges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by makazona(m): 2:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
woooow.what if e touch NEPA Pole for up
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by kilokeys(m): 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
Feraz: Bro, I get your point. I wanted to blame the govt for it but I decided not to. I know we can't make much progress if the steel industry isn't functional and the power sector comatose but I made the above statement because you generalized.

As for your assumptions above, you're wrong. I'm not as young as you think. . . .

lol at your last paragraph. . .

Did you ever think of selling your idea or improving on it OR you rather gave up?

lol.. its nt like a new idea.. its just a needful machine like many other needed machines in Nigeria.

our tropicalized problem cant be solved for us..
the white man doesnt give a hoot abt egusi and ogbono or garri.

it is we that need to wake up, and harness this resources properly for our own good by building machines and developing prototypes.

guy d koko na money..

pay a handful naija engineering guys $5000 a month (which is still stipends in d international community)
give them a target and unlimited access to engineering materials , in ten years u would be amazed how much local issues we have solved for ourselves.
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by Feraz(m): 3:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
kilokeys:

lol.. its nt like a new idea.. its just a needful machine like many other needed machines in Nigeria.

our tropicalized problem cant be solved for us..
the white man doesnt give a hoot abt egusi and ogbono or garri.

it is we that need to wake up, and harness this resources properly for our own good by building machines and developing prototypes.

guy d koko na money..

pay a handful naija engineering guys $5000 a month (which is still stipends in d international community)
give them a target and unlimited access to engineering materials , in ten years u would be amazed how much local issues we have solved for ourselves.
The bolded is the main thing here. Besides, there's a body which is supposed to fight for those but we don't hear anything from them.
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by jsunex(m): 3:05pm On Sep 13, 2014
Creativity
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by kilokeys(m): 3:20pm On Sep 13, 2014
Feraz: The bolded is the main thing here. Besides, there's a body which is supposed to fight for those but we don't hear anything from them.

i no get power to talk naija matter.. for instance consider the IITA. a brief description from wikipedia shows:

The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture, with the ultimate goals of reducing hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. IITA's research-for-development (R4D) focuses on addressing the development needs of tropical countries.

The institute was established in 1967 and is headquartered in Ibadan, Nigeria, with several research stations across Africa. IITA is a nonprofit organization governed by a Board of Trustees, supported by several countries and the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR).

but its laughable to note that the last time the site was upgraded was 2009..

go to www.iita.org. and u would see this..

Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by Feraz(m): 9:47pm On Sep 13, 2014
kilokeys:

i no get power to talk naija matter.. for instance consider the IITA. a brief description from wikipedia shows:

The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture, with the ultimate goals of reducing hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. IITA's research-for-development (R4D) focuses on addressing the development needs of tropical countries.

The institute was established in 1967 and is headquartered in Ibadan, Nigeria, with several research stations across Africa. IITA is a nonprofit organization governed by a Board of Trustees, supported by several countries and the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR).

but its laughable to note that the last time the site was upgraded was 2009..

go to www.iita.org. and u would see this..
Hehehe!! Bro, look up the USA dept of energy and that of Nigeria. Compare and contrast, especially in the design and contents of the website. You'll cry cry

1 Like

Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by Nobody: 1:09am On Sep 15, 2014
Tinyemeka:
I don't understand those semi subs.
Do they actually float? On air?

They float on water partially submerged. If you want photos you can do a google search or youtube for videos.
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 29, 2014
Tinyemeka:
I don't understand those semi subs.
Do they actually float? On air?

No they float in water. Partly submerged in water.

I will post some personal photos and some from the internet of the Sedco Semi Sub Express Rig which I have worked with for a short time. Sedco express is owned by Transocean. Very clean and nice rig.

Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by Tinyemeka(m): 8:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
dabriggs:

I will post some personal photos and some from the internet of the Sedco Semi Sub Express Rig which I have worked with for a short time. Sedco express is owned by Transocean. Very clean and nice rig.
Yeah I eventually did a Wiki search on it. It had always amazed me how super-structures of such tonnage could float in water, till I saw pics of their ballast size compared to the rest of the structures (deck, etc).

Amazing!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by Tinyemeka(m): 8:54pm On Sep 30, 2014
dabriggs:

Your Sedco semi sub is relatively new. smiley
Re: World's Most Amazing Ship. by tck2000(m): 10:35am On Jun 07, 2019
Wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kpakpando Akaeze, World Science Champion From Nigeria (Photo) / Snake Wrapped Under A Gas Cylinder, As Man Raises Alarm / Humans To Be Implanted With 6G Chips - Pekka Lundmark (Nokia CEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.