Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

About Paying For This Car Kindly Advice - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / About Paying For This Car Kindly Advice (6738 Views)

Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) / what will you do if you got This Car As A Gift ? / Who Remember This Car? Who Can Guess Nickname? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Paying For This Car Kindly Advice by Eyop: 8:58am On Oct 28, 2014
blakky97:

C class is prone to theft. Oya slap me

You have just confirmed that you know little or nothing about automobiles. No point exchanging messages with you.

Cheers.
Re: About Paying For This Car Kindly Advice by FlyboyZee: 9:39am On Oct 28, 2014
Dear Nairalanders, there is no point wasting time with Blakky97. His mind is made up as his mechanic has told him that the only car he can enjoy without frills is the Toyota pencil light. Or maybe he is one of those 'buy pencil light' mechanics that goes around to tell people to keep buying a 1997 car. lol. All his post on this topic so far had made much nonsense of being senseless or let me just rephrase like Hon. Obaigbon, leave him to continue in his senseless senselessness. Lol...
Re: About Paying For This Car Kindly Advice by Ikenna351(m): 9:57am On Oct 28, 2014
blakky97:

Fortunately, you did slap yourself, with your very own hands. Because the reverse is the case in what you said above.

If I may ask, how many security did you mount in your Camry tiny light? A lot of people have about 5 in those Camrys tiny light: factory immobilizer, factory alarm, aftermarket immobilizer & alarm, aftermarket steering lock rod, aftermarket pedal lock, aftermarket gear lock, etc.

Oh! I forgot to add, car tracker. What about comprehensive insurance? All in one car just to scare thieves away from their daily bread. Why not ask C-class owners how many of them have all that in their cars or did all that for their cars?

Funny enough, these Camry Tiny lights still get stollen even with all the above listed installed in them. What gives? undecided

Don't get me wrong please, there is nothing wrong with your Toyota Camry. They are good and serve the purpose they were designed for, point A to point B. But you need to know where your boundary stops while comparing it with other cars.

Ikenna
Re: About Paying For This Car Kindly Advice by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 28, 2014
blakky97:

How many toyotas have you owned?

How many have you driven?
Before I started owning cars, I had family who did and who still owned toyota.
Just on friday, my uncles 1998 camry was stolen in Mararaba.
My aunt immediately sold her 2001 camry and rushed to an RX300, I laughed at her because she heard camry and corolla was easily stolen and easily vandalized. But lexus is still toyota so?
Last year, I was driving one of my relatives highlander, when guys in okada accosted us, double crossed us and almost snatched the car from us. If not that I had been trained to handle and react swiftly to such risk exposures, that car would have been stolen and cannibalized.

I owned a toyota carina ii liftback, it was all tales of woes. From one sad tale to another. Two silly freak accidents and heavy bill to keep that lemon running. I sold her off.
Used an infiniti QX4 for 1 year with no single issue. I only changed oil 3 times, drained the hydrulic fluid, ATF, and coolant fluid (just at my own wish not because anything was wrong).

I am currently using a highlander and an RX330 Lexus. I can't travel outside Abuja with any of them neither can I go to some remote parts of Abuja with them because I'm afraid of vehicular theft although they're insured, have trackers, pedal locks, and steering locks.

I recall using my highlander keys to open another highlander same colour as mine early this year. I had lots on my mind and wasn't paying attention. I went to the door pressed the fob no reply. Inserted the key and voila it opened. I entered and observed it didn't have the centre console but mine had. Immediately the owner came and started cussing. I pleaded profusely. I had to go bring my own car nearby where it was parked before he calmed down.
You CANNOT try that with a Beemer, a Benz or a Peugeot.
So what are you now defending?

So what is your point to prove?

FIY, I'm only on toyota/lexus because I see their parts abound and mechanics abound. My choice is actually any Benz and Beemer.
Re: About Paying For This Car Kindly Advice by Eyop: 12:24pm On Oct 28, 2014
lomomike:

My aunt immediately sold her 2001 camry and rushed to an RX300, I laughed at her because she heard camry and corolla was easily stolen and easily vandalized. But lexus is still toyota so?
Last year, I was driving one of my relatives highlander, when guys in okada accosted us, double crossed us and almost snatched the car from us. If not that I had been trained to handle and react swiftly to such risk exposures, that car would have been stolen and cannibalized.

I owned a toyota carina ii liftback, it was all tales of woes. From one sad tale to another. Two silly freak accidents and heavy bill to keep that lemon running. I sold her off.
Used an infiniti QX4 for 1 year with no single issue. I only changed oil 3 times, drained the hydrulic fluid, ATF, and coolant fluid (just at my own wish not because anything was wrong).

I am currently using a highlander and an RX330 Lexus. I can't travel outside Abuja with any of them neither can I go to some remote parts of Abuja with them because I'm afraid of vehicular theft although they're insured, have trackers, pedal locks, and steering locks.

I recall using my highlander keys to open another highlander same colour as mine early this year. I had lots on my mind and wasn't paying attention. I went to the door pressed the fob no reply. Inserted the key and voila it opened. I entered and observed it didn't have the centre console but mine had. Immediately the owner came and started cussing. I pleaded profusely. I had to go bring my own car nearby where it was parked before he calmed down.

FIY, I'm only on toyota/lexus because I see their parts abound and mechanics abound. My choice is actually any Benz and Beemer.

Lomomike,

Your detailed post well appreciated. Since you have insured your RX and Highlander,i see no reason why you shouldn't move freely with them. The only issue is that some robbers can be very deadly to the point of killing the driver. May God not allow us see evil,Amen. My friend's 1997 Toyota camry pencil light was stolen at gun point @ Mafoluku and he was almost killed when he initially lied to them that there was no security installed thinking he would be allowed to go but on a second thought,they kept him inside and drove another 30mins before the car went off.

He said,they beat the living day light out of him and stripped him naked after he showed them the security before they allowed him go. He said was initially happy because the fuel gauge was already indicating yellow and that they won't get where to refuel but only for him to remember that he bought 25 litres of fuel for his Gen set which was in the boot and that same day,they snatched 4 other Toyota. The challenge he had was that people refused to assist him because they thought he was a mad man until one good samaritan stopped and picked him up. My guy said when he got home,the wife was happy some how because the husband won't be going out late again.

Another was my neighbour that owned a Toyota Avensis and similar thing happened only that they drove him all the way to Sango-Ota before they removed his clothes and kicked him out only with his pant.
Re: About Paying For This Car Kindly Advice by blakky97(m): 12:45pm On Oct 28, 2014
FlyboyZee:
Dear Nairalanders, there is no point wasting time with Blakky97. His mind is made up as his mechanic has told him that the only car he can enjoy without frills is the Toyota pencil light. Or maybe he is one of those 'buy pencil light' mechanics that goes around to tell people to keep buying a 1997 car. lol. All his post on this topic so far had made much nonsense of being senseless or let me just rephrase like Hon. Obaigbon, leave him to continue in his senseless senselessness. Lol...
Omo! You fit kill person for car o.
Ure insulting me. I'm sure the 17 years old boy that designs cars abroad will be laughing by now
Re: About Paying For This Car Kindly Advice by blakky97(m): 12:54pm On Oct 28, 2014
lomomike:

Too much a reply for my comment. Learn to meet the brief with brevity and the severe with severity. Do I really need to know all you wrote above just because I said c class is theft prone? Wow! I hope you don't bore your wife with stories
Re: About Paying For This Car Kindly Advice by FlyboyZee: 11:14pm On Oct 28, 2014
blakky97:

Ure insulting me. I'm sure the 17 years old boy that designs cars abroad will be laughing by now
Ol boy, I swear you funny die. I designed my first car when I was 8 or thereabouts. Na only God know where my prototypes dey now. I told friends long ago that reverse cameras, parking sensors and satelite navigation would one day become the ish with which cars would be sold, yet no one took me seriously. Alas, what do we have today? Those your 17 year old car designers are even too old for the brains we have in abundance here in Naija. I love cars. I admire cars. I study cars. I buy cars. I sell cars. I learn cars. I do cars. And, I live cars. Is that too much for a young man to be engaged in?
Re: About Paying For This Car Kindly Advice by FlyboyZee: 11:18pm On Oct 28, 2014
blakky97:

Well! no pun was intended. I was just observing the guy code when some bottles of beer don involve for the matter. #WinkyEvilGrin
Re: About Paying For This Car Kindly Advice by blakky97(m): 4:01am On Oct 29, 2014
FlyboyZee:

Ol boy, I swear you funny die. I designed my first car when I was 8 or thereabouts. Na only God know where my prototypes dey now. I told friends long ago that reverse cameras, parking sensors and satelite navigation would one day become the ish with which cars would be sold, yet no one took me seriously. Alas, what do we have today? Those your 17 year old car designers are even too old for the brains we have in abundance here in Naija. I love cars. I admire cars. I study cars. I buy cars. I sell cars. I learn cars. I do cars. And, I live cars. Is that too much for a young man to be engaged in?
Lolz..... All you needed was a patent right for you to dine with Otedola and Dangote. But should I believe you designed a car @ 8? You probably ended up a mechanical engineer
Re: About Paying For This Car Kindly Advice by FlyboyZee: 7:03am On Oct 29, 2014
blakky97:

Lolz..... All you needed was a patent right for you to dine with Otedola and Dangote. But should I believe you designed a car @ 8? You probably ended up a mechanical engineer
No my friend. When I grew older, especially in my teens, I found another love in medicine. But by my Twenties, I became an Agricultural Economist with versatility in almost every field of human endeavour. A lot of guys still feel, think, assume and call me 'Engineer' or 'Doc' depending on what issue we are discussing or dealing with. Life itself has a way of creating, re-creating, inventing and re-inventing you. Lol...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rav4 L Or J / Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? / Just Bought This Car At 500k, Is It Worth It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.