Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Alaafin: The Hypocrisy Of Africans (Nigerians) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaafin: The Hypocrisy Of Africans (Nigerians) (1051 Views)

Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring / Alaafin Of Oyo Steps Out Again With His 4 Wives (photos). / Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alaafin: The Hypocrisy Of Africans (Nigerians) by 175(m): 6:44am On Sep 10, 2014
The so called African, Nigerian Cultures and Traditions and
the Hypocrisy of Africans (Nigerians) to condoning and
promoting them. . . . . . . .Imagine a Sunny Ade or D
banj or Tu Face or an elected politician traveling to the
Uk to celebrate a birthday party and ends up having 4
obvious low self esteemed and money chaser women
by his side showing off as his wives, how will the same
set of people who kept praising a 'king' who traveled
to the Uk with his 'wives' react? ? ? . . .

Hypocrisy is everywhere in the world but i stand to be corrected thatNigerians when it comes to accepting, promoting, condoning stupidities in the guise of cultures and
traditions are so very high in the ranking. . . Here is the
truth. . . For everybody who finds it so easy to attack
what they see as Christianity because they see it as a
cheap target to flaunt their insecurities and fake morals
for better Nigeria or world at large, but keep so quiet to
the so many stupidities in the name of African cultures
and traditions which are at the very roots of promoting
many ills in the society, are nothing but a mega
hypocrite. . . Even the so called vocal women right
activitists kept quiet at this disgraceful 21st century
show off by the 'king'. . . You are free to call it
Polygamy but i call it Corruption and Lowest display of
morals at it's peak and public degrading of the women
folk. . . If only the so called women rights people know
the conscious and unconscious message the king and
his so called very low self esteemed wives have passed
and are passing in the name of so called culture and
tradition of polygamy.

We live in a society wherewomen right activists will tell you nudity of ladies inpublic, movies, music videos, etc should be sensoredbut the same people are so comfortable with a so
called king flaunting low self esteemed wives. . . These
activists are also very fast to claim women should be
given equal opportunities in our country forgeting this
as great as it sound is so anti many bad cultures and
traditions that are against the women in this part of the
world. Yes, polygamy is the number one breeding
ground of very low self esteemed women! Quote me on
this statement! No woman from her heart loves to share
her man with another woman but with cultural,
traditional and even religious condoning and promotion
of low self esteemed women, hypocrites who are fast to
point at the immoralities of others believes it is
normal. . . No wonder there is no developed country in
today's world that officially and nationally promotes
one man, many wives expect a few.

Yemi Odunaike

1 Like

Re: Alaafin: The Hypocrisy Of Africans (Nigerians) by bigt2(m): 7:08am On Sep 10, 2014
Do you have any tangible thing to do than using paracetamol on another man's headache? I guess no. Listen, young man or woman or whatever you are. This its none of your business.stop being tribalistic. The culture had been there for ashen-even before the inception of your grand parents.it is that way presently, and will continue to be so.of you can not afford many wives, marry only one.final.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Alaafin: The Hypocrisy Of Africans (Nigerians) by hushmail: 11:23am On Sep 10, 2014
op dis has nothing to do wt women rights activists. D women r there by choice and r adults.

Bt u can make ur arguements based on christianity, not women's rights
Re: Alaafin: The Hypocrisy Of Africans (Nigerians) by djon78(m): 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
hushmail: op dis has nothing to do wt women rights activists. D women r there by choice and r adults.

Bt u can make ur arguements based on christianity, not women's rights

The King was simply displaying our African culture. It is just that modernity/ western civilisation has influenced and changed a lot of things in our cultures. Most of us are just 2nd generation from polypamy, my Grandpa from my Dads side married 3 wives, while on my Mums side, her Dad married 4 wives. It was just from my Dads generation that it became 1 wife. So the op should leave the King alone.
Re: Alaafin: The Hypocrisy Of Africans (Nigerians) by redsun(m): 2:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
djon78:

The King was simply displaying our African culture. It is just that modernity/ western civilisation has influenced and changed a lot of things in our cultures. Most of us are just 2nd generation from polypamy, my Grandpa from my Dads side married 3 wives, while on my Mums side, her Dad married 4 wives. It was just from my Dads generation that it became 1 wife. So the op should leave the King alone.

There are so many 21st century Americans that are still very polygamous till date. Some with three or four wives. Man is polygamous and as long as he can afford it,the sky should be the limit.

Same applies to women if they can handle it.
Re: Alaafin: The Hypocrisy Of Africans (Nigerians) by Beckharm: 2:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
I do hear " on re Oyo, oun kan ju, Alaafin o re bi kan" . But this Alaafin travelled na. Will I still meet him in his palace cheesy grin.

Alaafin is promoting the culture. Even they do give out wives to kings. Thanks to my step mum, just finished my lunch.

Can't my marry two wives though. I can't share love.
Re: Alaafin: The Hypocrisy Of Africans (Nigerians) by bigt2(m): 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
Beckharm: I do hear " on re Oyo, oun kan ju, Alaafin o re bi kan" . But this Alaafin travelled na. Will I still meet him in his palace cheesy grin.

Alaafin is promoting the culture. Even they do give out wives to kings. Thanks to my step mum, just finished my lunch.

on point bro, on point! Wa gbayi
Re: Alaafin: The Hypocrisy Of Africans (Nigerians) by bigt2(m): 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
Beckharm: I do hear " on re Oyo, oun kan ju, Alaafin o re bi kan" . But this Alaafin travelled na. Will I still meet him in his palace cheesy grin.

on point bro, on point! Wa gbayi grin cheesy
Re: Alaafin: The Hypocrisy Of Africans (Nigerians) by tpia1: 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2014
djon78:

some areas have had monogamy since the 1800s or even before.

thus, their great grandfathers, or great great grandfathers, were monogamous.

but for most of nigeria, polygamy is the norm.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Is Back / Drivers, Traffic Warden,cook Make National honours List / Intimidating Crowd As Pdp Storm Benin City,edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.