Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

What Are The Benefits Of Giving To God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Benefits Of Giving To God? (2761 Views)

Peter Mutharika Accuses T.B Joshua Of Giving A Fake Prophecy / See What This Dude Is Giving To God / The Act Of 'giving To God' As Explained By Pastor E. A. Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Benefits Of Giving To God? by oyebod200: 9:45am On Sep 10, 2014
When it comes to giving God what you have (i.e. your talents, your tithes and offerings) God will bless you in your faithfulness and answering his calling on your life. Like, if you are called of God to help the homeless (just an example) or even if you have artistic talents, you can use that for God and he will bless you in return. Yes, even artists can work in the kingdom of God by helping with children’s programs, backgrounds, designs, power points, etc. It doesn't matter. Give your talents to God and use them for His glory and he will open up doors for you and provide for you, even in your darkest hour. For tithing, it is your responsibility to give one tenth of the money you make to your church. Don't think of it as paying for a church. This is a biblical principle talked about in Malachi 3:10 and really, a tenth of everything you owe and give is God's. So really, you are giving it to God. No, God doesn't use the money. But the church of God does to meet the needs of bills, payments, and furthering the kingdom of God. Offering is something besides your 10% you give to God, which is a stretching of your faith by sacrificing and giving more unto the Lord. It is not required, but very much upheld. There is another biblical principle stated in Luke 6:38 (Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.) Also, in Matthew 6:33, it says that you should seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness. Then, all these thing shall be added unto you. That is why it is important to give to God.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving To God? by brocab: 2:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
Tithers always use the Malachi 3-10 verse in the bible, another favored is Hebrews 7, never reading the hole story, but choose verses just to prove what they think is right. The bible has a story to it, you either read it' and try to understand it, as the lord said the truth will set you free. But of course we die of lack of knowledge-Wisdom comes from the word, without that' those who recieve tithes, and those who give tithes, with out knowledge can only qwist words around to suit a tithers needs.. Don't forget it's all about Monies? How much do you earn a year-100%? An old testament law' as it is written: And here we are to imatate Jesus, and jesus lived poor, but rich in word. Birds have nest, foxes have holes, jesus said I have no place to rest my head, so jesus being a priest, totally ripped off because the tithers wern't paying their tithes? And yet today's priest {Pastors} have got big houses, fancy cars, and travel. So what's wrong with this picture, wasn't jesus worthy to recieve tithes? You would think that his Father God could have helped him. So this picture isn't adding up, Jesus being the high priest lived on the streets,and done many Miracles, rising the dead, healing all kinds of sickness, the blind now see,, he even walked on water. We don't see that happening in our everyday churches...Matthew 6-33, does not talk about Monies or even Tithing' it talks about seeking his kingdom, and his righteousness, It has nothing to do with a tithe, a tithe means a percentage. The lord said seek all, by reading the word. And in Luke 6,38 Give, again it is not talking about tithing. But its your choice, if you really believe jesus is worth a small 10%, then deal with it.
oyebod200:
When it comes to giving God what you have (i.e. your talents, your tithes and offerings) God will bless you in your faithfulness and answering his calling on your life. Like, if you are called of God to help the homeless (just an example) or even if you have artistic talents, you can use that for God and he will bless you in return. Yes, even artists can work in the kingdom of God by helping with children’s programs, backgrounds, designs, power points, etc. It doesn't matter. Give your talents to God and use them for His glory and he will open up doors for you and provide for you, even in your darkest hour. For tithing, it is your responsibility to give one tenth of the money you make to your church. Don't think of it as paying for a church. This is a biblical principle talked about in Malachi 3:10 and really, a tenth of everything you owe and give is God's. So really, you are giving it to God. No, God doesn't use the money. But the church of God does to meet the needs of bills, payments, and furthering the kingdom of God. Offering is something besides your 10% you give to God, which is a stretching of your faith by sacrificing and giving more unto the Lord. It is not required, but very much upheld. There is another biblical principle stated in Luke 6:38 (Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.) Also, in Matthew 6:33, it says that you should seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness. Then, all these thing shall be added unto you. That is why it is important to give to God.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving To God? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
brocab: Tithers always use the Malachi 3-10 verse in the bible, another favored is Hebrews 7, never reading the hole story, but choose verses just to prove what they think is right. The bible has a story to it, you either read it' and try to understand it, as the lord said the truth will set you free. But of course we die of lack of knowledge-Wisdom comes from the word, without that' those who recieve tithes, and those who give tithes, with out knowledge can only qwist words around to suit a tithers needs.. Don't forget it's all about Monies? How much do you earn a year-100%? An old testament law' as it is written: And here we are to imatate Jesus, and jesus lived poor, but rich in word. Birds have nest, foxes have holes, jesus said I have no place to rest his head, so jesus being a priest, totally ripped off because the tithers wern't paying their tithes? And yet today's priest {Pastors} have got big houses, fancy cars, and travel. So what's wrong with this picture, wasn't jesus worthy to recieve tithes? You would think that his Father God would have helped him. So this picture isn't adding up, Jesus being the high priest lived on the streets.. So where did the tithing monies come from, and where did jesus say give, or tithe, monies? Matthew 6-33, does not talk about Monies or evening Tithing' it talks about seeking his kingdom, and his righteousness, It has nothing to do with a tithe, a tithe means a percentage. The lord said seek all, by reading the word. And in Luke 6,38 Give, again it is not talking about tithing. But its your choice, if you really believe jesus is worth a small 10% percentage, then deal with it.. Amen..

Giving to which of the gods? Besides i think an advanced being will give the money to the poor. About your talent, yes that should be better used to better humanity and the society.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving To God? by brocab: 3:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
I had re-written it below
ifeness:

Giving to which of the gods? Besides i think an advanced being will give the money to the poor. About your talent, yes that should be better used to better humanity and the society.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Giving To God? by brocab: 10:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
So now it proves we worship two differen't lords, one that changed the old covenant to the new covenant-which is Jesus Christ our lord, and the other jesus, was just another man-rolling in cash when tithing was in place? My jesus lived on the streets performing Miracles, healing all kinds of sickness, the blind now see, and he walked on water, and" died for me. But that other Jesus' had" to be rolling in cash, because many followers are paying that very same tithing in our everyday churches today.. My jesus said; you can't worship mammon and God at the same time, you either love the one and hate the other, and also said; seek his kingdom and his righteousness, and the truth will set you free. Also say's in James 2-5, listen my beloved brethren. Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which he promised to those who love him. Mark 13-6 clearly say's for many will come in my name, saying" I am he and will decieve many. And these so called men of god that preach the money sermons, {Tithing} and those who pay the tithes, are no better then the preacher, because they all want the same finances as the prosperity preacher teaches. So we either find the truth in word-all we can continual to take verse out of word and use them just to suit our tithing needs..
ifeness:

(1) (Reply)

My Last Question For Nairaland Atheist / Atheism Is A Mental Illness, A Cry For Attention. / Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.