Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? (1887 Views)

Fayose: Atiku, Northern Leaders Have Withdrawn Supports For Buhari / Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters / AIT Cameraman Beaten At Obasanjo Son's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by edoyad(m): 11:42am On Sep 10, 2014
It's not enough for you to come to TV and speak fancy words about leadership; what effort, sacrifice or commitment are you putting in to the Nigeria project ?
The following are some of the known names who have ruled in this country in one capacity or the other, I believe they have sons and daughters too. They have all come out to speak about the security challenge in the country too.

1. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida is father to sons

2. Mohammad Buhari ...well

3. Abdusalami Abubakar

4. Shehu Shagari

* more to come

2 Likes

Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by edoyad(m): 11:48am On Sep 10, 2014
5. Lai Mohammed

6. Oby Ezekweseli.

7. Kema Chikwe.

8. She hu Sani.

........... ...

2 Likes

Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by edoyad(m): 11:55am On Sep 10, 2014
9. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

10. Nasir Elrufai (At least one of his sons is a Twitter Soldier).

11. Sale Lamido ( if they're not busy smuggling dollars out of the country)

12. T Y Danjuma.

13. Ihejerika

Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by jumobi1(m): 11:59am On Sep 10, 2014
Perhaps they aren't in the military?
Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by edoyad(m): 12:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
jumobi1: Perhaps they aren't in the military?

Of course they're not in the military. They busy enjoying their fathers' share of the Nigeria cake. Meanwhile a lot of the people I mentioned are the fiercest critics of the military operations in the North East.
By the way, have you once heard OBJ criticize the military since this problem started ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by Gbawe: 12:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
@OP.

Stop putting Nigerian leaders on the spot childishly regarding what they have no control over !!! The problem is that many of you never try and walk in the shoes of others before you make your biased conclusions and then go public with such. Are you a parent? Do you know how, for a good and modern parents, it is about letting children have the freedom to choose their own employment/career path? Should all our leaders dictatorially force their children into the Army to demonstrate to people like you, who fail to separate leaders from the choice their adult children are free to make, that they are committed to Nigeria? When you become a parent get back to me. Before then, I suggest you stop talking about what you know zilch about.

You should have kids and promptly enrol them in the army, even before their birth certificate is printed, to show you are the most patriotic Nigerian on Earth. I can tell you now that, in today's world, the free choice of your kids, when they become adults entitled to decide their own path in life, will defeat you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by edoyad(m): 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
10. Sarah Jibril

11. David Mark

12. Aminu Tambuwal.

13. Balarabe Musa

1 Like

Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by SamIkenna: 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
edoyad: It's not enough for you to come to TV and speak fancy words about leadership; what effort, sacrifice or commitment are you putting in to the Nigeria project ?
The following are some of the known names who have ruled in this country in one capacity or the other, I believe they have sons and daughters too. They have all come out to speak about the security challenge in the country too.

1. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida is father to sons

2. Mohammad Buhari ...well

3. Abdusalami Abubakar

4. Shehu Shagari

* more to come

Lol! Why would their children serve...for what purpose?

Here in the US, Biden's son is in the military, McCain's in it, even Palin's son is in active duty too. Go to UK the royals serve also. In the so-called 'One Nigeria' its mainly poor people's children coming home in body-bags.

I have never been a fan of OBJ but after learning about his son's close shave with death in the hands of Boko Haram my respect for that man just went up. OBJ has shown his gospel on One Nigeria is not a fluke. He's shown his belief in Nigeria doesn't only depend on how much of our oil wealth he's cornered. He fought in the trenches against Biafra and his son is fighting today against Boko Haram, what more proof does anyone need to know that of all the pretenders who sermonized on One Nigeria, OBJ is the only real believer.

Whoever says that parents' inputs and choices do not matter at the realm the OBJs, IBBs, Abachas, Danjumas, and Buharis of this world forage politically is being disingenuous. I just had a quick look at OBJ's bio and found out that he's one of the very few Nigerian leaders and power-brokers who never pampered their children. I guess that explains why OBJ's daughter could not stand him. Now, juxtapose OBJ with other loud mouth One Nigerian believers up north and see if you have the stomach to count the number of Lamborghinis and Bentleys in their son's garages.

Gwoza is calling and Gwoza is seeking for believers in this failed experiment. The hour has come to translate all the online belief in Nigeria to real practical belief in the trenches of Gwoza.

7 Likes

Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by egift(m): 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2014

1 Like

Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by s3nn2x(m): 2:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by hardywaltz(m): 3:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
What of that Blom Blom son of GEJ?

1 Like

Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by edoyad(m): 3:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
SamIkenna:
Lol! Why would their children serve...for what purpose?
Here in the US, Biden's son is in the military, McCain's in it, even Palin's son is in active duty too. Go to UK the royals serve also. In the so-called 'One Nigeria' its mainly poor people's children coming home in body-bags.
I have never been a fan of OBJ but after learning about his son's close shave with death in the hands of Boko Haram my respect for that man just went up. OBJ has shown his gospel on One Nigeria is not a fluke. He's shown his belief in Nigeria doesn't only depend on how much of our oil wealth he's cornered. He fought in the trenches against Biafra and his son is fighting today against Boko Haram, what more proof does anyone need to know that of all the pretenders who sermonized on One Nigeria, OBJ is the only real believer.
Whoever says that parents' inputs and choices do not matter at the realm the OBJs, IBBs, Abachas, Danjumas, and Buharis of this world forage politically is being disingenuous. I just had a quick look at OBJ's bio and found out that he's one of the very few Nigerian leaders and power-brokers who never pampered their children. I guess that explains why OBJ's daughter could not stand him. Now, juxtapose OBJ with other loud mouth One Nigerian believers up north and see if you have the stomach to count the number of Lamborghinis and Bentleys in their son's garages.
Gwoza is calling and Gwoza is seeking for believers in this failed experiment. The hour has come to translate all the online belief in Nigeria to real practical belief in the trenches of Gwoza.

I couldn't have said it better

hardywaltz: What of that Blom Blom son of GEJ?
You expect a 12 year old to enlist in the military ? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by MisterLongman(m): 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
edoyad:

I couldn't have said it better

You expect a 12 year old to enlist in the military ? undecided
Even if the boy is 42 year old, do you expect him to enlist in the military..... Be honest please.
Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by zurine(f): 3:45pm On Sep 10, 2014
nice observation
Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
I wonder o
Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by EddyNumerouno(m): 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
ermmm, @OP, are you in the military?

1 Like

Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
Joining the military is by choice. Just because Obasanjo's son joined the military,does not mean every other son of a rich man must join.
There are children of very extremely rich people that are in the army but they are not well known.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by edoyad(m): 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
berem: Joining the military is by choice. Just because Obasanjo's son joined the military,does not mean every other son of a rich man must join.
There are children of very extremely rich people that are in the army but they are not well known.

Even the Future King of England and his younger brother served in the military, Harry was even in Afghanistan two years ago. How can you rule people you are not prepared to serve ? The warriors who are always quick to criticize soldiers who are dying for their country in Borno are the same people whose family members never join the country.

1 Like

Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by gatiano(m): 6:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
i can imagine the reply of the mentioned leader, it will be like "hey son, oya o come and go to london, son, do you have you green card? get going now, and you girl, before this lowly nigerians says ladies too. oh my God, they might call me too, abi wetin i go do now? that obasanjo pikin na one kind, like papa like son causing trouble everywhere, i see gun before?

lol
Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by omenka(m): 6:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
Op what's the point of your thread?? You are the son of your father, aren't you?? Why aren't you in the military??
Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by UnknownT: 6:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
Edoyad, had it been this Obasanjo's son wasn't shot and wounded by Boko Haram, would you have known that one of his child is in the military? And you forget that recruitment into our military has always being 90% for the elite and then 10% merit.

1 Like

Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by tpia1: 6:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
what are the names of the other people who were affected?

1 Like

Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by edoyad(m): 10:37pm On Sep 10, 2014
tpia1: what are the names of the other people who were affected?

May be that El Rufai's pikin was in the military too
Re: Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? by mapet: 11:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
1. Please stop talking about what you know nothing about. Military is 90% for the elites? Rubbish

2. This OBJ'S son had been in the military since 1988. He was at NMS Zaria and NBA Kaunakakai. The only benefit of sort he exploited was when he went for his PHD.........

3. It seems when we can't match or achieve a feat, we say it's hijacked by the elite o the rich. Admission into NDA has always been on merit. Some of the children of serving top generals had their sons explelled.
UnknownT: ............ And you forget that recruitment into our military has always being 90% for the elite and then 10% merit.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stolen Goods From Malls In Sa Heading To Nigeria / Breaking News: River State APC Chairman Dumos Party For PDP. / Hausas Will Get 20years Of Free Oil from Biafra If..- Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.