Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Huggies Diapers Received Under False Pretence, Paid With Fake 100 Dollar Notes - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Huggies Diapers Received Under False Pretence, Paid With Fake 100 Dollar Notes (1159 Views)

Original U.S Huggies Diapers Wholesalers...we Deliver Anywhere In Nigeria / Huggies Diapers At Wholesale Prices / Clearance Sales: Huggies Diapers For Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huggies Diapers Received Under False Pretence, Paid With Fake 100 Dollar Notes by dupeoraf(f): 11:47am On Sep 10, 2014
This is a learning for all.

I am an entrepreneur that trades baby diapers, wipes, baby formulas etc.

The story line the fraudster gave me was that they got my pin from olx and wanted to buy.

That they are based in Gambia and a air hostess helps to move the goods by airfreight to Gambia.

Order was for 110 cartons of huggies diapers, 24 cartons of huggies wipes, 5 cartons of sma.

The mobile number of the girl named Bola is 09098097297.

The BlackBerry pin is 32305A4C.

Goods were delivered opposite chicken republic at Ilupeju, in front of a closed shop that belongs to Alhaja. The address given was actually 10, Ogunji road, Ilupeju but because the street was busy, she advised that I offload to the shop off the road.

She paid me with fake 100 dollar notes and sent me a bbm the next morning to thank me for the goods and how the dollars were fake and adviced that I should not go to the bank or bureau de change cos i'll be arrested for tendering fake dollars.

Their mobile number is still working as they probably have other people that they are working on to dupe.

The network provider-Etisalat doesn't have their address registered against the number.

The learning is: don't be in a haste to trade.
Ask for bank transfers if you'll be dealing with foreign currencies, and large amount.

The value of the goods is 515,700 naira.

EFCC say the amount is too low to pursue the case.

Police is requesting for 15,000 to issue a petition so as to get the details from the network provider.

The person's name on bbm is Nikky's place.

I'll appreciate if this person can be brought to book.

Your suggestions will be most appreciated.
Re: Huggies Diapers Received Under False Pretence, Paid With Fake 100 Dollar Notes by BJO: 8:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
This is rather unfortunate. You have to be very careful with suggestions from NL and other social media, the fraudster will definitely keep tabs.

However, the PIN is a good means to track her down...
Re: Huggies Diapers Received Under False Pretence, Paid With Fake 100 Dollar Notes by Vengeance: 11:17am On Sep 12, 2014
grin
Business 101:

1) unless you have a near-flawless fraud detection mechanism in place, all customer payments should be made to your bank account. This is a basic business policy that had you practiced it, you could never have been in the mess you're in now.

As for the recovery, the SCID or SARS is your best bet; but nothing goes for nothing with either. Forget about 100% recovery, if you can reach a side deal with them, say maybe 70:30, you will likely get your money back sooner than later. 70% (or even 60% recovery) is better than no recovery at all.

Business 101 :
2) minimize your losses...

That said, wish you the best. Decide wisely!

angry
Re: Huggies Diapers Received Under False Pretence, Paid With Fake 100 Dollar Notes by Nastydroid(m): 10:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
hmmmn

(1) (Reply)

How To Generate Free Bitcoins Online / Buying And Shipping From Ebay.com Your Take! / Who Can Supply Me Palm Oil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.