Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,229 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

"Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment (15553 Views)

The Banana Experiment / Posting Will Be Disabled For A Few Hours / Why Was Posting Disabled For Some Time Today 27/8/2006? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
Click on "SHARE" if you LIKE my post...[color=#770077][/color] grin
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
Which kind yeye experiment. Abi na due to poor maintenance of nairaland by your so called moderators.. Seun abeg remember to activate the nairaland account deactivation button to o.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by cirmuell(m): 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
flawless911: Click Like
done smiley
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by hertz9te(m): 12:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
Forcing me to quote a comment just to tell d person say I dey feel am??.....Haba seun people will start being pompous.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Burger01(m): 12:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
Abeg Seun, let us experiment with 'unlike' feature angry
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by agedmanng: 12:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
olaeffect: Was thinking that my iPhone6 had fault ni. grin

Thank God!!!

Effect of Ola
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by vicadex07(m): 12:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
Eyepencil: Seun by removing "Like" button you site will generate traffic cos most users will end up quoting the person they want to like dia comments. Don't bring it back unless u no like the benefits

Gbamest!!!

I believe that is the purpose of the experiment...to monitor which of the two scenarios generates more traffic (Before and after).

I can certainly presume our dear "likes" will be no more cause theoretically "after" will generate more traffic because peeps will be forced to quote each other just like am quoting you now. I would have definitely just "liked" your post and move on "before"
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by gen2briz(m): 12:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
Please let it come with dislike bottom.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by datguru: 12:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
Wtf
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by oseiwe(m): 12:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun: Fellow Nairaland Members,

You may have noticed that you can no longer "like" posts. This is because we temporarily disabled the feature as part of an experiment.

We plan to bring it back as soon as the experiment is complete, though that outcome also depends on the result of the experiment.

Please bear with us; we do not mean to inconvenience you.
By the time you bring it back, if you decide to, pls, I don't want to know who liked my posts. Thanks.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Ksslib(m): 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
Lol. I guess the experiment is to see if members post comments to contribute or just for likes.

Those who feed on likes will def become anorexic. . grin
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by ajf(m): 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2014

Thank God!!!
Sorry, no like for you
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by cirmuell(m): 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
Sunkyphil: grin u don't want ur secret to come out in d open,but it would reveal many things though
maybe the guy has liked too many unclad pics on Nairaland. grin
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by dabayomi(m): 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
Was thinking it's end time...
Please.. at the end of your experiment, add a DISLIKE button. grin
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
iammo6: I hate to do this but we should improve on our vocabulary...'Please bear with us; we do not mean to inconvenience you'...
Guy you're a fool, are you trying to insuniate that Seun is not good in terms of vocabuary.

If that is what you mean, then i must request you hug the transformer fool.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun: [s]Fellow Nairaland Members,

You may have noticed that you can no longer "like" posts. This is because we temporarily disabled the feature as part of an experiment.

We plan to bring it back as soon as the experiment is complete, though that outcome also depends on the result of the experiment.

Please bear with us; we do not mean to inconvenience you[/s].
We aren't kids Mister
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Sunkyphil(m): 12:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
cirmuell: maybe the guy has liked too many unclad pics on Nairaland. grin
grin
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Idrismusty97(m): 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
Tbillz: Advantage of that; childish and myopic comments will be eliminated, others pages aside page (1) will gain relevance.

Implication of the experiment; visitation reduction! As a loyal nairalander we wish to view the result of the experiment!
Likes or no likes, all pages are relevant depending on the individuals and their interest. If seun is removing the like button permanently because of this! Then that would be the biggest mistake in Nairaland history.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
dytbabe:

U go borrow me ur own na
Lol
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2014
This guy and his weak team. What "experiment" can you not carry out offline?
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by cirmuell(m): 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2014
IrishKez:

Hope the experiment involves adding "dislike" cos I can't wait to click that button due to some comments that churn the stomach here cool
evulz. grin

People like you will abuse it.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Eyepencil: 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2014
vicadex07:

Gbamest!!!

I believe that is the purpose of the experiment...to monitor which of the two scenarios generates more traffic (Before and after).

I can certainly presume our dear "likes" will be no more cause theoretically "after" will generate more traffic because peeps will be forced to quote each other just like am quoting you now. I would have definitely just "liked" your post and move on "before"
Thats the strategy bro... I don't expect to see the LIKE button back.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by adewasco2k(m): 12:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
ecode1: You drew my attention to it. I never noticed it.

*liked (1)*
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by boujaye: 12:20pm On Sep 10, 2014

If you like add "LOVE"
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by WoodcrestMayor(m): 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
Absence of the "like" button doesn't make it impossible to like a comment.

I like dis comment grin

Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by p2t2r(m): 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
Suen, instead of "Like" feature, bring back a "F*ck you" feature. Nairaland really needs it because of some comments and threads I see here.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by ironheart(m): 12:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
seen, I am abit addicted to nairaland, it forms the basis for my news and information, at times when am sad I kind of come here to read comment and I feel happy again. but in recent times, I have noticed that the front page is not a lot boring. no good news and a lot of political jargons. please I will like to make a suggestion, though I don't really know how you come about bringing post to the front page. I will like you to make front page topic base on the total number of votes or likes. if a topic has a higher enough likes, it should be sent to the front page automatically
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
so does that warrant you calling me a fool cant you make ur point without using that language?? Pls lets respect ourselves on here
pelij: Guy you're a fool, are you trying to insuniate that Seun is not good in terms of vocabuary.

If that is what you mean, then i must request you hug the transformer fool.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by ERCROSS(m): 12:22pm On Sep 10, 2014

Pls broh..
We need an unlike button too, it will make it all fun.
Thanks
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 10, 2014

Thank God!!!
your iphone or your symbian phone. No lie for us o
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by ignis: 12:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
AdeniyiA: #bringbackourlikes

Liked
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by daveP(m): 12:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
Sunkyphil: i would av suggested d likes should bring out the names of people dat way it would be interesting
i like your post o! grin no button, so il say it

Yeah! Would love to see those that liked my post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos / PHCN Strike: Do You Have Light In Your Area? / Pic Of Nairaland Celeb In Niger Delta Swamp.(oildorado)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.