Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,946 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

"Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment (15546 Views)

The Banana Experiment / Posting Will Be Disabled For A Few Hours / Why Was Posting Disabled For Some Time Today 27/8/2006? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by adanny01(m): 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
When bringing it back, dont forget to introduce the dislike option cos i really would like to dislike some posts.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Opiosko: 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun: Fellow Nairaland Members,

You may have noticed that you can no longer "like" posts. This is because we temporarily disabled the feature as part of an experiment.

We plan to bring it back as soon as the experiment is complete, though that outcome also depends on the result of the experiment.

Please bear with us; we do not mean to inconvenience you.

PS: Please use the share button to share posts that are worth sharing, so that great posts will flow through the follower network.

Whatever you are experimenting with, pls we need a 'dislike' button. Work on it and bring the two features back.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Seun(m): 1:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: How does the share button work? And who am I sharing with?
Your followers.

I clicked it once but can't unshare.
You can now un-share posts instantly after sharing them.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
All dis freshers in NL, u guys are causing nuisance here.... What concerns us if you are the first or last to comment.

@Seun boss keep the good work!
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Awoofawo(m): 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
ironheart: seen, I am abit addicted to nairaland, it forms the basis for my news and information, at times when am sad I kind of come here to read comment and I feel happy again. but in recent times, I have noticed that the front page is not a lot boring. no good news and a lot of political jargons. please I will like to make a suggestion, though I don't really know how you come about bringing post to the front page. I will like you to make front page topic base on the total number of votes or likes. if a topic has a higher enough likes, it should be sent to the front page automatically
1million likes
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Firefire(m): 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
Opiosko:
Whatever you are experimenting with, pls we need a 'dislike' button. Work on it and bring the two features back.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun:
Your followers.

You can now un-share posts instantly after sharing them.

Isn't it better to have only the like button and an option for my followers to see the posts I liked instead of forcing it on them with the share button?

And sometimes I might anonymously like a post but wouldn't want my followers to know that I liked it.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by tinkinfela(m): 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
What you should consider bringing back is the mini profile badge so we can easily differentiate newbie posters from old forum members or any other technique to differentiate seniors members from 15 year olds who seem to have taken over Nairaland!
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Seun(m): 1:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
Iko5000: I don't really understand Nairaland , a site as big as this should have a staging site to experiment on and not a live production site.
Dude it's a social experiment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by kendrick93(m): 1:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
can someone tell me wat dis share button/feature does.. wats d uses of it cos i cnt figure d sh1t out
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Idrismusty97(m): 1:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun: No, we want you to use the share button to share posts that are worth sharing, so that great comments will flow through the follower network.
Does everybody have followers? A good percent of Nairalanders are not following anybody and don't have followers. The "share" feature is good but the "Like" feature is far more better. This idea might crash. What about the newbies?
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Leetunechi: 1:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun plz

we dont want to see dos who like our comment..

Mhen..if its all bout known who likes comment...den. I'm not gonno be clickin like again undecided

we need deslike button angry
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by kendrick93(m): 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
osystein: rather have a dislike button
true. or maybe even both
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Seun(m): 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
kendrick93: can someone tell me wat dis share button/feature does.. wats d uses of it cos i cnt figure d sh1t out
It shares posts with your followers.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by benkings(m): 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
No biggie! We will replace like button with share button so if u have 5share know that 5 people liked ur post cheesy
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
Jonathan ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh embarassed
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Seun(m): 1:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
benkings: No biggie! We will replace like button with share button so if u have 5share know that 5 people liked ur post cheesy
Good idea.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by fuckyouhard: 1:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
but i can post undecided
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by hydeka: 1:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
ok
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Leetunechi: 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
tinkinfela: What you should consider bringing back is the mini profile badge so we can easily differentiate newbie posters from old forum members or any other technique to differentiate seniors members from 15 year olds who seem to have taken over Nairaland!

grin grin grin grin
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by lakside000: 1:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
but some sensible comments deserved 'likes'
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun:
It shares posts with your followers.
how wud i knw dose following me
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Seun(m): 1:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
hayurmidey: how wud i knw dose following me
https://www.nairaland.com/followers
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Spidermon: 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
Na Share & Quote buttons go suffer am
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
seun becareful not to leave a trail of vulnerable loopholes . .cos have been seeing some lately.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by cirmuell(m): 1:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun: No, we want you to use the share button to share posts that are worth sharing, so that great comments will flow through the follower network.
why not do it like this...let us be able to share with people of choice (i mean even those that are not following us) by just searching for someone you want to share with and then tick a radio button beside their names or something. Just saying tho.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by MORNDEW(m): 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
I hadly notice anything o this site anymore. I only watch. Nd time will tell.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by cirmuell(m): 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
asokoromadam: I still prefer the polls,it gives a much better opinion
yes i wish he can bring that back to.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Idrismusty97(m): 1:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
lakside000: but some sensible comments deserved 'likes'
Exactly! Not all comments with "likes" deserve to be shared. Your followers have different opinions/Perspectives, you would just bore them with too many shares. I have over 54 pages of "Liked posts". Imagine if i shared all those posts. Likes is far more important and Nairaland would be meaningless without it. It makes readers take a second look at a post and see the meaning in it.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Idrismusty97(m): 1:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
lakside000: but some sensible comments deserved 'likes'
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Decryptor(m): 1:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
The EXPERIMENT: Seun wants to liaise with Banks to put in a feature whereby when someone likes a comment, nairaland gets N10 per like. 5naira goes to NL, 3naira goes to the Poster and the remaining 2 Naira to the bank.

Seun, abeg no ban me o... i see wetin i talk for dream lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Watch The Full Leaked Viral Video Of Maryam Booth And Uba Sani / PHCN Strike: Do You Have Light In Your Area? / Pic Of Nairaland Celeb In Niger Delta Swamp.(oildorado)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.