Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young (1604 Views)

10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive / Five Things We Must Stop Doing As Nigerians / Crazy Stuffs You Believed As A Kid Which You Still Believe Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young by kokoye(m): 3:08pm On Oct 30, 2008
Here's a few

- The Citroen car could really fly

- We could see Obafemi Awolowo chilling on the moon after he died.

- The sun and moom were fighting whenever it rained and the sun was out. Or some Lion was giving birth

- There's a python chilling by the side of a river whenever a rainbow was visible.

- there's some Ojuju Calabar (masquerade) out to get you whenever NEPA too light

more??
Re: Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young by kokoye(m): 3:24pm On Oct 30, 2008
whenever you did anything wrong / bad, do these things any you would not be punished:

- twist ur eyelids

- say the Lord's prayer 3 times.

rub the dirt from ur earhole on any boil on ur skin and the boil will dissappear. think it worked for me though- still gross.
Re: Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young by Sammy107d(m): 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2008
dat satan eats your biscuit when it falls
Re: Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young by damiso(f): 4:17pm On Oct 30, 2008
- that there was indeed a tooth fairy that put money under your pillow when u lose a tooth
-that your hand would turn crooked when you put your hand out of the window of a moving car.
-that babies were bought at the hospital(my mom says that i told her to return my younger sis to the shop she bough her from as she cried too much grin)
Re: Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young by tboy1(m): 4:23pm On Oct 30, 2008
I believed i could just jump into a swimming pool (right in d middle) without learning how 2 swim . . . my ass nearly got drowned if not for my cousins.
I ain't gone near a swimming pool since
Re: Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young by kokoye(m): 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2008
- Bruce lee killed himslef by tearing his chest apart.

I believed this till I was 16.
Re: Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young by kokoye(m): 5:25pm On Oct 30, 2008
- the world would cease to exist in 1988, then 1992, then 1998, then finally 2000.

I'm still here
Re: Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young by DavidDylan(m): 5:26pm On Oct 30, 2008
whistling attracts snakes at night. I've been whistling ever since and i'm yet to see any snake.
Re: Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young by SeanT21(f): 5:29pm On Oct 30, 2008
1. That When I Chew Gum, The Gum will tangled around my intestine and I wont breathe.

2. When I swallow seeds, The seeds will grow into a tree in my stomach.

3. That My Step Dad was my real dad.

4. That I could sing
Re: Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young by kokoye(m): 5:31pm On Oct 30, 2008
DavidDylan:

whistling attracts snakes at night. I've been whistling ever since and i'm yet to see any snake.

- If you want to kill a snake you dont call it snake - call it 'okun ile' so the snake can come out of its hiding. b.s
Re: Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young by kokoye(m): 5:35pm On Oct 30, 2008
- countries with white people were above the sea level and located beside the stars - thats why planes were needed to fly high.
Re: Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young by whatever90(f): 5:36pm On Oct 30, 2008
anytime my eldest sis was eating sthg,if i beg her she will tell me dat shes eating her eye balls,and dat if im interested i should come take some,i never begged her again,cos i really tot she was eating her eye balls then sad
Re: Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young by kokoye(m): 5:40pm On Oct 30, 2008
- the dangling stuff between my legs is an insect
Re: Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young by whatever90(f): 5:41pm On Oct 30, 2008
that a woman can conceive by mere staying close to a guy sad
Re: Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young by SeanT21(f): 5:45pm On Oct 30, 2008
kokoye:

- countries with white people were above the sea level and located beside the stars - thats why planes were needed to fly high.

Haha, I belived that too. I always thought that was the reason why the airplanes went into the cloud. I thought that America was above the clouds. Silly Me!! My grandma was the one that corected me!!
Re: Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young by arramyjay: 7:32pm On Oct 30, 2008
Used to believe birds were angels.
Re: Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 30, 2008
Don't know why, but I used to believe that women only had to have sex once in their whole life and they will get pregnant constantly
Re: Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young by kokoye(m): 7:36pm On Oct 30, 2008
- food sacrifices left in the center of a 3-way junction were taken away by real spirits grin
Re: Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young by Lexcom20(m): 9:41pm On Dec 05, 2013
kokoye: - Bruce lee killed himslef by tearing his chest apart.

I believed this till I was 16.
Hahahhahahaahhahahaha i used 2 tink dat bruce lee died from 2 much power in a way dat his veins just xplodz. Guyz na mugu dat time sha
Re: Silly Things We Believed When We Were Young by Ruq: 2:26am On Dec 06, 2013
Actually crossing your finger hoping your parents will forget some shady ish you did. I thought it worked atimes.

to grow a new tooth you have to look for rat poop and some other freankin ish and avoid lizards seeing them.

If you ate the eyes of fishes or drank coconut water you gon be a dumbo.

I got over the belief of Santa quickly and all other costume fairies because i caught them changing their costumes.

since 2k8, Posta your hope worked.

(1) (Reply)

Where On Earth Do They Speak Igbo? / Natural Skin Beauty Solutions / Breaking-out Time For Women In Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.