Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,805 members, 7,820,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Senate President David Mark: I Will Pursue State Creation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate President David Mark: I Will Pursue State Creation (1137 Views)

PHOTO: Former Senate President David Mark's HELIPAD In Benue / David Mark: I Can Die For Stability Of Nigeria's Democracy / Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate President David Mark: I Will Pursue State Creation by igbokwesampson(m): 8:49pm On Sep 10, 2014
Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/ill-pursue-state-creation-mark/

President of the Senate, David Mark, on Wednesday vowed to pursue the creation of additional states in the federation to address the imbalance in the polity.
Mark said this while receiving a delegation made up of four members of the House of Representatives and nine local government councils from his Benue South constituency, in Abuja, on Wednesday.
He explained that most Nigerians desire the creation of additional states to correct some imbalances so as to give every Nigerians a sense of belonging in the system.
The President of the Senate said the demand by Nigerians for additional state was legitimate.
Mark said, “Even if it takes my last breath, I want to pursue the creation of states. I will put in my last breadth to ensure the creation of Apa state for my people.”
Responding to an earlier call by the delegation to contest the 2015 Senatorial seat, Senator Mark said “I am a loyal, faithful and dedicated party man, I will only make my intention known when the Peoples Democratic Party releases the guidelines and programme for the elections.”
He urged them to remain steadfast and loyal to the PDP because there are good reasons including guaranteed dividends of democracy to remain in the party.
He however cautioned those aspiring for political offices to base their campaigns on issues that would positively impact on the citizenry instead of engaging in mudslinging or character assassination.
Earlier, the leader of the delegation, who is also the Chairman, Ogbadibo local government area of Benue State, Sunday Adah Ojo explained the reason for the visit.
According to him, the visit was necessitated by the immense pressure from citizens and opinion leaders from Benue South Senatorial district to compel Senator Mark to contest the 2015 Senatorial seat.
Ojo noted that the Idoma nation presently has no better candidate than the Senate President adding that the body of the Chairmen and the executives of the Nine Local government councils from the Zone have endorsed his candidature.
Re: Senate President David Mark: I Will Pursue State Creation by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ok...nonsense...his people still want him back in Senate for another term.
Why would he not pursue his State Creation plan on the report? He wants to spread his political tentacles and capture more states embarassed

1 Like

Re: Senate President David Mark: I Will Pursue State Creation by estyvino(m): 9:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
The imbalance should be addressed. This will strengthen our unity in diversity.
#teamadadastate
Re: Senate President David Mark: I Will Pursue State Creation by slimfit1(m): 10:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
Have they even sustained the current state. Mark is not much of a bright thinker in the first place so its not strange this is coming from his mouth

1 Like

Re: Senate President David Mark: I Will Pursue State Creation by worthytalk: 11:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
It was TAN urging Jonathan to contest now it is Idoma people of Benue state endorsing David Mark. Hmmm who go compel me?
Re: Senate President David Mark: I Will Pursue State Creation by mistudreh(m): 11:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
Eh!!! Senate again? For the fifth time! This man has been the senator since 1999 nah... Where are the leaders of tomorrow? Rise up and say no this time around
Re: Senate President David Mark: I Will Pursue State Creation by PenSniper: 2:19am On Sep 11, 2014
[quote author=worthytalk]It was TAN urging Jonathan to contest now it is Idoma people of Benue state endorsing David Mark. Hmmm who go compel me?[/quote

Go and mobilise your people to stage-manage a visit to you.
Re: Senate President David Mark: I Will Pursue State Creation by PenSniper: 2:20am On Sep 11, 2014
[quote author=worthytalk]It was TAN urging Jonathan to contest now it is Idoma people of Benue state endorsing David Mark. Hmmm who go compel me?[/quote

Go and mobilise your people to stage-manage a visit to you. Its all a game.
Re: Senate President David Mark: I Will Pursue State Creation by tpia1: 4:00am On Sep 11, 2014
i see more of nigeria's money going where it usually goes, in typical fashion.
Re: Senate President David Mark: I Will Pursue State Creation by juman(m): 6:05am On Sep 11, 2014
Hiss

The senate is a failure and waste of the country's resources.
Re: Senate President David Mark: I Will Pursue State Creation by juman(m): 6:07am On Sep 11, 2014
mistudreh: Eh!!! Senate again? For the fifth time! This man has been the senator since 1999 nah... Where are the leaders of tomorrow? Rise up and say no this time around

grin

Abi.
Re: Senate President David Mark: I Will Pursue State Creation by size38: 7:57am On Sep 11, 2014
Mr senate president, The states in Nigeria are too much. We don't need anymore states in Nigeria. Instead think of how to decentralise power in nigeria and make the existing states viable. So many states in Nigeria can't survive without federal allocation. So many states in Nigeria can't generate up to #2 Billion naira internally yearly.

(1) (Reply)

Prophet TB Josua's Church Collapse, Many Dead, Others Still Trapped / TAN's Fraud And President Jonathan's Ambition / US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.