Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,870 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Reuben Abati Lied - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati Lied (14740 Views)

Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT / Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by arsetalks(m): 10:37pm On Sep 10, 2014
manny4life: Another lies from the pit of HELL... Where is the link to substantiate this ridiculous claim? Someone wake me up when the truth is told. SR will stop at nothing in their means to broadcast false / fake news...
When the news broke Abati and you GEJ fans said it was a lie, an ambassador who should ordinarily support GEJ has said it is truth and now you doubt it again. I am sure if GEJ himself confirms it, you will say it is a lie as you must support him at all cost.

5 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by shizzleStar: 10:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
nonsense
Re: Reuben Abati Lied by arsetalks(m): 10:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
APContherun: To substantiate their claim SRs shouldcprovide a video link to the alleged statement made by the Minister.
The minister is not dead, he can deny it if he feels SRs are using his name for their "agenda".

Or better still sue them. Off course he won't because he made the statement and because the figure released by SRs is correct.

4 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by manny4life(m): 10:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
arsetalks: When the news broke Abati and you GEJ fans said it was a lie, an ambassador who should ordinarily support GEJ has said it is truth and now you doubt it again. I am sure if GEJ himself confirms it, you will say it is a lie as you must support him at all cost.

This isn't about GEJ fan or not, I will tell it like it is.

Unfortunately I can't confirm this, post a link to him confessing such... If he did say that, there are million ways to verify such. 547 persons aren't 54 persons; imagine the logistics involved, the coordination, as a matter of fact, who granted 547 persons travel visas?... Please tell me another story.

tim411:
Calm down Gej Defender
Watch the minister press conference on Channels
He said exactly what was written here

Post the Channels link, and if he did say that, then I will "calm down" like you have requested... Till then... undecided
Re: Reuben Abati Lied by Superstar007(m): 10:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
bleep the stupid mod that hid my post when I did nothing wrong.
Re: Reuben Abati Lied by emmatok(m): 10:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
manny4life:

Unfortunately I can't confirm this, post a link to him confessing such... If he did say that, there are million ways to verify such. 547 persons aren't 54 persons; imagine the logistics involved, the coordination, as a matter of fact, who granted 547 persons travel visas?... Please tell me another story.

Post the Channels link, and if he did say that, then I will "calm down" like you have requested... Till then... undecided

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/09/09/foreign-affairs-minister-size-delegation/

8 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by benardtotti(m): 10:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
manny4life:

. Find your way to channelstv on youtube and go search for it,after all your d one who is doubting,go and do your due dilligence and if its a lie you can counter this thread.

5 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by elsauud1: 11:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
naija i hale ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by elsauud1: 11:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
naija jagajaga
Re: Reuben Abati Lied by emmatok(m): 11:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
benardtotti: . Find your way to channelstv on youtube and go search for it,after all your d one who is doubting,go and do your due dilligence and if its a lie you can counter this thread.

I just gave him the link lets see how he is gonna spin it. grin

8 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by rman: 11:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
emmatok:

You just shot him in the heart bro.

I still don't understand what is in it for all these GEJ defenders personally

6 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by MissBritney(f): 11:24pm On Sep 10, 2014
This is crazy

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by benardtotti(m): 11:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
emmatok:

no mind am! You notice he has disappeared from the thread!

5 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by brownlolly(m): 11:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
But this is just so embarrassing.

3 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by emmatok(m): 11:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
benardtotti: no mind am! You notice he has disappeared from the thread!

LOL, he come back with another ringtone.
Re: Reuben Abati Lied by Lucasbalo(m): 11:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
That is one of many reasons the country is in bad shape. Stealing and wasting commonwealth funds for nothing. May the curses of almighty start raining on those bent on destroying a good country.

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by jmaine: 11:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
emmatok:

Followed the link but failed to see the exact numbers as quoted by SR . . . .
Re: Reuben Abati Lied by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 11, 2014
APContherun: To substantiate their claim SRs shouldcprovide a video link to the alleged statement made by the Minister.

Mumu go to youtube,its on channels tv news,i watched it myself,i felt embarrassed,now i believe sahara reporters

3 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by BetaThings: 12:03am On Sep 11, 2014
manny4life: Another lies from the pit of HELL... Where is the link to substantiate this ridiculous claim? Someone wake me up when the truth is told. SR will stop at nothing in their means to broadcast false / fake news...

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/size-of-fgs-delegation-to-un-assembly-embarrassing-wali/
http://www.thescoopng.com/minister-foreign-affairs-complains-nigerias-delegation-un-assembly-just-large/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=minister-foreign-affairs-complains-nigerias-delegation-un-assembly-just-large

I used to respect your views even when I disagreed with them
But declaring a matter a lie when you have not investigated should be a personal letdown
I saw the minister mention "80% don't add value, even China and there are 1.3 billion of them, embarrassing, Nigeria always have the largest"
Lying is a calling to some people; we all have a choice to make on whether to join them

8 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by omenka(m): 12:24am On Sep 11, 2014
And yet again, the people's police is vindicated!!

I have sad it over and over and over again!!! I would rather believe SR if they told me that Obasanjo has a farm on Mars than Abati or the FG if they told me Nigeria is a country in West Africa!!

That was how Abati lied through his nose earlier today that the presidency wasn't aware of and didn't sanction the #BringBackJonathan2015 when Okupe's twitter handle still carries the evidence that Abati's statement was a fat lie on its timeline!! Barcanista (whatyf) posted same here!! I keep wondering, how the hell did Abati wind up this way??!!

Such shameless bunch of corrupt and stark naikid troglodytes!! God punish them all!!

9 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by omenka(m): 12:29am On Sep 11, 2014
BetaThings:

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/size-of-fgs-delegation-to-un-assembly-embarrassing-wali/
http://www.thescoopng.com/minister-foreign-affairs-complains-nigerias-delegation-un-assembly-just-large/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=minister-foreign-affairs-complains-nigerias-delegation-un-assembly-just-large

I used to respect your views even when I disagreed with them
But declaring a matter a lie when you have not investigated should be a personal letdown
I saw the minister mention "80% don't add value, even China and there are 1.3 billion of them, embarrassing, Nigeria always have the largest"
Lying is a calling to some people; we all have a choice to make on whether to join them
Stop wasting your time. His likes abound in cyberspace. Soon they'd say the man has been infected with eBola Tinubu virus, or has been bought by APC. They are hardwired to resist and revolt against common sense and logic.

8 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 11, 2014
fabiano09:

Mumu go to youtube,its on channels tv news,i watched it myself,i felt embarrassed,now i believe sahara reporters
You guys think you are smart don't you? I asked for a video link to the statement and all you could do is point me to an article on channelstv home page where the minister is alleged to have sought a review of Nigeria's delegation to UN General Assembly. Where in the report did Wali mention figures as mischeviously carried by SRs and being pushed by gullible phoolls like you? Where in the Channelstv report did Wali confirm SRs earlier report that GEJ travelled with 600 people to New York?
If the channels report is anything to go by Wali only sought a review of the number of delegates but never mentioned any figure as you and SRs would want us believe. If actually he did show me?

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by Nobody: 12:42am On Sep 11, 2014
arsetalks: The minister is not dead, he can deny it if he feels SRs are using his name for their "agenda".

Or better still sue them. Off course he won't because he made the statement and because the figure released by SRs is correct.
Sometimes the best answer to fools is silence, I don't think the Minister is that jobless to be running around the court with SRs. Once again I demand a video link so I could judge.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by vicadex07(m): 2:19am On Sep 11, 2014
MissMeiya: Smh at these responses. No one is even surprised at anything this country does anymore. No wonder these criminals are so bold.

I'm surprised this made it to the front page. There must be an angle somewhere that somehow makes the administration look good in this.

grin

I think its because Zeun has slept

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by Jabioro: 2:39am On Sep 11, 2014
In the land of Truth, Uncle Jona and my cousin are terrorist; both can lie to a dead body that would annoy his dealth angel leave 2 wake.....

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by badaru1(m): 5:24am On Sep 11, 2014
Full story
…says 80 % of team add no value

The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Bashir Wali has described as embarrassing, the size of Nigeria’s delegation to the United Nation General Assembly every year.

He regretted that not even China with a population of over one billion people can compare with the number of delegates that Nigeria sends to the annual general assembly each year.

According to the minister, 80 per cent of members of the nation’s delegation to the annual event do not add any value to the team’s work at the assembly.

The minister made this disclosure yesterday in Abuja while addressing heads of government ministries, departments and agencies at the inter-ministerial meeting of the 69th regular session of the United Nation General Assembly, UNGA, to adopt the country’s working documents to guide Nigeria’s participation at this year’s United Nation General Assembly, which comes up next week, September 16, in New York.

The theme of this year’s gathering is: “Delivering on implementing a transformative post 2015 Development Agenda.”

Wali, who expressed shock that 576 delegates from Nigeria attended last year’s General Assembly pointed out that when compared to countries like Germany, South Africa and Egypt, which had about a third of Nigeria’s population, “certainly, something has to be done to put a stop to this embarrassment.”

He said he is awaiting the approval of President Goodluck Jonathan to place ceiling on the number of delegates that will be in New York this year.

“The size of Nigeria’s delegation to the United Nation General Assembly last year was 567, that is something that is certainly way way out; certainly it is unacceptable. On that basis I asked that they send me the list of three countries, Germany, South Africa and Egypt to compare with what we in Nigeria have. None of them is up to one third of our own delegation,” the minister said.

“So, you can see that there is certainly need to really take a second look and see that those of our delegates that go the UN General Assembly do have value. It is not a question of having a jamboree, but indeed, it is more like a jamboree.”

“I happen to have observed for four years as Nigeria’s ambassador to the UN, the delegation of Nigeria to the UN General Assembly. So, I know and if we are going to be honest to ourselves, I know that 80 per cent of the delegates that go from Nigeria do not add value to our team to the UN.”

He however assured that his ministry is currently working to ensure that at least, the country has value for money, stressing that there ought to be some measure of accountability and responsibility on the part of our delegates.

“So, I am appealing to the MDAs to please ensure that we abide by the directives which I am waiting to send to Mr. President in terms of the sealing of our delegation. Certainly we cannot afford to have 567-man delegation.

“So, it is certainly something we will have to take a second look at again and see how we can look credible when it comes to issues like this,” the minister said.

It is generally acknowledged that public servants seize the opportunity of travelling abroad on socalled official assignments including countless workshops, seminars and conferences to collect generous travel allowances known as estacode.

Many do not even bother to show up at such conference and instead indulge in shopping trips, visit relatives and attend to other private businesses.

Source: http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/size-of-fgs-delegation-to-un-assembly-embarrassing-wali/

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by EddyNumerouno(m): 5:30am On Sep 11, 2014
The problem here is that most Nigerians don't know what Investigative reporting is...all we get from our national dailies are coverages and political write ups

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by Nobody: 5:44am On Sep 11, 2014
Who issued visa to them, or did they went there without a visa? CNN did n't see them, only saharareport.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 11, 2014
EddyNumerouno: The problem here is that most Nigerians don't know what Investigative reporting is...all we get from our national dailies are coverages and political write ups

Local reporters and their envelopes. Or long-winded opinion pieces. That's what passes for journalism in Nigeria. And whenever journalists outside the claws of Nigerian politicians can investigate freely without fear or undue influence, they say "eeyah they want to rubbish us" or "how do they know that". So used to false stories and retractions, they don't know how careful real journalists outside are, to verify facts before they publish.

Only envelopes we know. Statements from the government. Democracy? I laugh.
Re: Reuben Abati Lied by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 11, 2014
I'm watching this thread closely, I want to see how manny4life spins this.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati Lied by nhiyo(m): 7:50am On Sep 11, 2014
Sahara reporters, we know you have an agenda against GEJ and you are doing a very good Job tongue tongue
Re: Reuben Abati Lied by emmatok(m): 7:56am On Sep 11, 2014
django1: I'm watching this thread closely, I want to see how manny4life spins this.

The guy ran away.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ima Niboro Dumps PDP For APC / Breaking: Atiku Casts His Vote In Adamawa / Hardship Will End Soon, FG Tells Aggrieved Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.