Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. (35615 Views)

How To Upgrade Tecno Phantom F7 (A+) To Kit-kat. / How To Install Android 4.1 Jellybean Luncher On Your Tecno N3 Smartphone / HELP! How Do I Upgrade Rooted Gingerbread To Jellybean. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
flexing my CyanogenMod Kit Kat on my HTC One XL,since HTC has refused 2 release an official kit kat update

1 Share

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by jibbzion(m): 7:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
Mention:
Nope its not..
A lot of bug fixes and improvements...
If you ain't too tech savvy, you may not notice its huge difference

Well, that's why this thread was created. To know the difference.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by bjt(m): 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
Can I upgrade directly from play store or from where?
I can see kit kat rom downloaded and kitkat launcher on Google play store. I don't know which one. Am using galaxy grand2
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by bimbor(m): 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
chemmerfrank: na u knw wetin u download.its nt upto 2gb

Some just like to argue on what they know not.....

See for yourselves.....the attached picture is the exact file size after extraction.

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by eluquenson(m): 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
There must certainly be a difference that's why they call it upgrade.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by bimbor(m): 7:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
The basic argument for this file size is for you all to understand that the update size varies from device to device. Mine is Samsung Galaxy S4.....and I downloaded directly from Sammobile, the official site for Samsung Firmwares. Your own device firmware may have a smaller update size, so it all boils down to which device you use.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
bimbor:

Spot on bro. With Jelly bean my phone used to get so hot that sometimes I would think it may just fry!

With this new kitkat upgrade nothing like that at all. The phone now feels so cool from morning till night.
pls how can i update my tecno q1:iccream 4.0.0 to kitkat 4.4.2.

Any help??
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by bimbor(m): 7:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
stardragon:
pls how can i update my tecno q1:iccream 4.0.0 to kitkat 4.4.2.

Any help??

I think you should visit the official support page for your device manufacturer.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by generalissimo(m): 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
The only difference I noticed btw jellybean and kit-kat android OS is that u dont have to cook jelly bean b4 u eat it but u will need to kill, get rid of the hair, remove the intestine etc plus cook the kat before u can eat it. I dont know why pple still prefer the kit-kat sha. grin

1 Like

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by stexsy(m): 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
please can i upgrade my tecno G9? Its currently on jelly bean. Thanks
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Kessleek(m): 7:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
generalissimo: The only difference I noticed btw jellybean and kit-kat android OS is that u dont have to cook jelly bean b4 u eat it but u will need to kill, get rid of the hair, remove the intestine etc plus cook the kat before u can eat it. I dont know why pple still prefer the kit-kat sha. grin
For your mind now you don crack joke

4 Likes

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by nollyway(m): 7:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
bimbor:

See for yourselves.....the attached picture is the exact file size after extraction.
actually dats for the total upgrading of the ios...but ota goes straight to the point....hope am making some sense here..
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by nani667: 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
AOSP.... The best way to enjoy your Samsung Galaxy device..... ✔

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by 3kay945(m): 8:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
I miss my xperia phone. Wasn't tired of flashing and upgrading custom ROM till I finally killed it.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Tomjazzy2: 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
pls guys, whats the smallest file size of the kit-kat upgrade. i am currently on bellyjean on my sg4. Battery life sucks big time. awaiting your prompt response. tnx
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by LordMecuzy(m): 8:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
I use d kit kat 4.4.2 over a month now and it's draining my battery so fast. tho yesterday I saw a new upgrade. Pals pls wats D new upgrade cos am even scared of updating
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by DjAndroid: 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
bjt: Can I upgrade directly from play store or from where?
I can see kit kat rom downloaded and kitkat launcher on Google play store. I don't know which one. Am using galaxy grand2

Go to settings, > about device> software update. If you cannot upgrade to kitkat from there, then samsung has not released kitkat for your grand2. You wait for it to be released or you root your device and look for a custom rom.

1 Like

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by meks007(m): 8:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
shocked
sauceEEP: We are in the same shoe bro. I upgraded my Lg G2 from jellybean to kitkat. The only difference i noticed is that the device is now faster.

thought Lg G2 was released with kit kat? shocked
sauceEEP: We are in the same shoe bro. I upgraded my Lg G2 from jellybean to kitkat. The only difference i noticed is that the device is now faster.

thought Lg G2 was released with kit kat?
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Tomjazzy2: 8:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
LordMecuzy: I use d kit kat 4.4.2 over a month now and it's draining my battery so fast. tho yesterday I saw a new upgrade. Pals pls wats D new upgrade cos am even scared of updating
realy? what is the name of ur device
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by epoxide(m): 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
haibe: No

via custom rom Yeah but ota Nope
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by maxibrainz55: 9:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
if you want to use glo Bis on your Samsung phone call or add me on whatsap using 08126609722
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Slowpois0n: 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
UchihaItachi:

The one I'm using now(CloudyG3) is based on stock G3 rom, stock kernel. The battery is not that great but the UI has kept me glued to it. If you're looking for battery improvement, try CloudyFlex and apparently, dorinmax kernel is best for battery improvement..so I heard, never tried it

I haven't used an AOSP rom on the phone before but I once tried SOKP, it was cool but battery life was terrible
im running Cloudy G3 also. very cool UI. Im definitely not flashing cloudyflex. SOKP battery is awful.. i once used it on my Nexus 4.. great features and tweaks though. I think I'll try CM 11 soon. heard there will be a L update from LG for the G2 and G3.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by chemmerfrank(m): 9:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
bimbor:

like i care what you extracted you android wanna be geek!! am talking about the ota update...wateva u wannabe android prof did...ion rili care!
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Izzyizzie(m): 9:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
Jst checked d review of LG G2, wanna go for LG Optimus G pro E985 b4 bt since i saw d specs of G2 i got confussed on which one 2 go for.... Jst hlp me out in selectin outta d two cos dy both match my taste. Jah bless.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by chemmerfrank(m): 9:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
some people just root their phone cus everyone else is doing it...kids! if u want a better function y dnt u buy a beta phone and quit all dis custom rom crap! lol...android wanna be's dey wanna feel like geeks..no reasonable person does dat root crap

1 Like

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by nwaobitex: 9:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
100Cents:

Exactly.

Intelligent people...
wink
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Slowpois0n: 9:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
StealthyMe:

Bro,i don't think you'll like CM11's battery

Its extremely poor....on my device tho
not on all devicess.. but you are right to some extent as recent builds from Cyanogen team tends to focus on features than quality. nothing beats CM 7 and CM 9 battery

1 Like

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by bjt(m): 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
DjAndroid

Go to settings, > about device> software update. If you cannot upgrade to kitkat from there, then samsung has not released kitkat for your grand2. You wait for it to be released or you root your device and look for a custom rom.

Thanks
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
chemmerfrank: some people just root their phone cus everyone else is doing it...kids! if u want a better function y dnt u buy a beta phone and quit all dis custom rom crap! lol...android wanna be's dey wanna feel like geeks..no reasonable person does dat root crap

It's not a must to comment.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Slowpois0n: 9:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
gustav25: too me kk and jb are almost similar .....android l is a different ball game
yeah. bro.. you should see how smooth it is. the stacked style multitasking.. overall UI material design.. very fast. runs art out of the box.. boot time just 24 seconds
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
DjAndroid: I just upgraded my galaxy note3 from 4.3 jellybean to 4.4.2 KitKat OTA. But honestly, I see no difference between the two apart from the colour of the icons on the notification bar which changed to white.

Am I missing something? Please what's the difference between the two?
Kitkat comes out with awesome smiley to every coner of your device including Gmail and the rest.. and it supports your rock all android apps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos: How Many Of Us Still Do This? / Deactivate MTN Music Plus In My Phone / MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.