Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,742 members, 7,955,831 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:24 PM

Pls Help Review This Site [constructive Minds Only] - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls Help Review This Site [constructive Minds Only] (735 Views)

Kindly Review My Website With Constructive Critisim.... / Help Review This Forum Site / I Need Constructive Review Of This Site, Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Review This Site [constructive Minds Only] by moderatorr: 8:45am On Sep 11, 2014
The site is Brain tem .org

Its a social network for small and large business. It already has a lot of members, but it needs to be perfect before we can even think of going on a large scalw campaign.
i would appreciate any comment on anything.
Re: Pls Help Review This Site [constructive Minds Only] by moderatorr: 5:40am On Oct 02, 2014
moderatorr: The site is Brain tem .org (pls join the spaces)
i would appreciate any comment on anything.
Re: Pls Help Review This Site [constructive Minds Only] by Sibrah: 12:51am On Oct 04, 2014
Good looking site.
Re: Pls Help Review This Site [constructive Minds Only] by moderatorr: 9:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sibrah:
Good looking site.
wow! but is it so perfect that you have nothing to recommend, correct or contribute to it?
Re: Pls Help Review This Site [constructive Minds Only] by Sibrah: 9:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
moderatorr:

wow! but is it so perfect that you have nothing to recommend, correct or contribute to it?
I am relatively new into the web design world and wouldn't want to say what i am not sure of. If you would tell me what you used[CMS+paid theme or CMS+customized theme or hand coded] maybe i can squeeze out some recommendation and corrections and contribution.
[Edited]

On a closer look i think:
-The news links at the middle if the page could look more appealing if it has pictures along side.
-Also the Article pages i clicked on looked inferior to the Front Page and i Noticed it was lacking a Pix. I clicked on the Vanguard Investigation about Shekau and saw no picture to spice it up.
-The heading or Article Title appeared to be centre-aligned and the article body didn't spread out well on my desktop (Chrome Browser).

Re: Pls Help Review This Site [constructive Minds Only] by moderatorr: 6:41am On Oct 05, 2014
Thanks a lot. Everything was coded from scratch, didnt use any sort of theme.
However, i'll fix the recommendations you suggested in 1.
But the empty space in 2 is a standard problem in many websites , even in Nairaland and Facebook. If people post on your site with mobile phones, the largest width of the text, will be the width of the mobile phone that was used. If you decide to programmatically spread the text, it would remove even all the paragraphs and new lines making it one whole body of text without new lines and paragraphs.

I still hope there will be a way to fix that in future.

The last suggestion you made, some times people make posts without adding pictures. If you intend to display them by the right, the picture to use to spice it up becomes a problem.

It seems android solved this problem in their email app on phones, where they use the first letter of the title to form a picture. Do you recommend that solution? Do you think it would be cool on a site?
Re: Pls Help Review This Site [constructive Minds Only] by moderatorr: 8:52am On Oct 05, 2014
Your suggestion no. 1 has been fixed.
Thanks.
Pls confirm again your chrome device.

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Do Your Work Freely For You And Get Free Stuffs / Domain Name And Web Hosting. Can I? / Email Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.