Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,714 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? (2242 Views)

5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook / Man Orders Wife To Refund N1.4 Million He Spent In Marrying Her In Lagos / Do You Believe In Marrying Young? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 13, 2014
obongproff:

No ma, it was only a typical example of 'I-no-go-gree! I-no-go-gree!' attitude. cheesy

So it's about attitude and not logic?
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

So it's about attitude and not logic?

Yes na! Its d attitude, not d logic. I tried to explain dat one can be educated and fluent but not eloquent becos eloquence is for public speaking but u no gree gree na. U too much jare!
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 13, 2014
obongproff:

Yes na! Its d attitude, not d logic. I tried to explain dat one can be educated and fluent but not eloquent becos eloquence is for public speaking but u no gree gree na. U too much jare!

And I am saying that a well-educated individual is both, fluent and eloquent.
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

And I am saying that a well-educated individual is both, fluent and eloquent.

Dat is exactly wot am saying. U no day gree. Wot do u mean by d term 'well-educated'?

How many of ur lecturers in school were eloquent?

Eloquence has a lot to do with public speaking and little to with being 'well-educated'. An SSCE holder can be eloquent while a Phd holder will not necessarily be eloquent except he or she learns d art. Eloquence is not taught in school. Its personal development.

I rest my case!

2 Likes

Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 13, 2014
obongproff:

Dat is exactly wot am saying. U no day gree. Wot do u mean by d term 'well-educated'?

This is a question that I could write an essay on but let me keep it short.

To be well-educated means that

- a person can read and write accurately (in his/her country's official language)

- a person has basic knowledge of different disciplines such as, for instance, geography, politics, history, biology etc.

- a person has developed skills to expand this knowledge

- a person can, not only read, but also summarise a text

- a person can analyse a text

- a person can judge based on facts and in the light of life's complexities

- a person has developed skills to solve problems in a planned and systematic way

I could go on and on.

How many of ur lecturers in school were eloquent?

Redundant question because if one of them wasn't, then he/she lacked proper education.

loquence has a lot to do with public speaking and little to with being 'well-educated'. An SSCE holder can be eloquent while a Phd holder will not necessarily be eloquent except he or she learns d art. Eloquence is not taught in school. Its personal development.

Eloquence is necessary for public speaking. As you said, Jona is not eloquent, so he should not be a president. A president's job among others is to talk to his country people in public and to represent the country abroad.

Eloquence is taught in schools in countries where people like Patience have no chance to run the Ministry of Education.
But even if it wasn't, an educated person, whose forte is not speaking, would be smart enough to know that he/she is not qualified to do jobs that require public speaking.

I rest my case!
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

- a person can read and write accurately (in his/her country's official language)

- a person has basic knowledge of different disciplines such as, for instance, geography, politics, history, biology etc.

- a person has developed skills to solve problems in a planned and systematic way

I could go on and on.

Redundant question because if one of them wasn't, then he/she lacked proper education.

Eloquence is necessary for public speaking. As you said, Jona is not eloquent, so he should not be a president. A president's job among others is to talk to his country people in public and to represent the country abroad.

Eloquence is taught in schools in countries where people like Patience have no chance to run the Ministry of Education.
But even if it wasn't, an educated person, whose forte is not speaking, would be smart enough to know that he/she is not qualified to do jobs that require public speaking.

So u wd disqualify a good leader with a vision becos he lacks eloquence? Yar Adua lacked eloquence. Fashola lacks eloquence. Late Dora Akinluyi also lacked eloquence.

If eloquence is ur yardstick for measuring good leadership. If eloquence is ur yardstick for measuring being 'well-educated', no wahala, carry go. After all, Carefreewannabe is entitled to her opinion. cheesy
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 13, 2014
obongproff:

So u wd disqualify a good leader with a vision becos he lacks eloquence? Yar Adua lacked eloquence. Fashola lacks eloquence. Late Dora Akinluyi also lacked eloquence.

First of all, it's your opinion that the people mentioned were all good leaders. Secondly, it's your opinion that they all lacked eloquence.

If eloquence is ur yardstick for measuring good leadership. If eloquence is ur yardstick for measuring being 'well-educated', no wahala, carry go. After all, Carefreewannabe is entitled to her opinion. cheesy

I have mentioned plenty of points that make a person well-educated, proper command of the English language, or some other official language, is one of them.

And yes, someone who runs for a public office SHOULD be eloquent because it requires public speaking. It is one of the necessary qualities you must have in this job. Saying that a politician does not have to be eloquent is the same as saying that a doctor does not have to be able to stand the view of blood and cut off body parts.
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 13, 2014
For ya information, being a president or governor is 1% public speaking and 99% decision-making. For God's sake ur d president and not a newscaster, who was trained by stv/channels on public speaking.

Well, being a lecturer requires a higher level of eloquence but more importantly is the ability to make ur students undastand wot ur teaching.

Well, it was nice rubbing minds with you argumentatively...

U make me smile in an annoying way sha. U day try sha... I cut cap for you. Kay afo may ma adi song iwod abogo.

1 Like

Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 13, 2014
obongproff: For ya information, being a president or governor is 1% public speaking and 99% decision-making. For God's sake ur d president and not a newscaster, who was trained by stv/channels on public speaking.

In a well-functioning democracy the leader of a country talks to his/her citizens on a regular basis. Besides, in a well-functioning democracy politicians very often debate in parliament and these debates are public.

In developed countries, people who want to run a public office, attend courses in public speaking. They know that language is power.

Well, being a lecturer requires a higher level of eloquence but more importantly is the ability to make ur students undastand wot ur teaching.

How else does a lecturer want to make himself/herself understood if not with language?

Well, it was nice rubbing minds with you argumentatively...

U make me smile in an annoying way sha. U day try sha... I cut cap for you. Kay afo may ma adi song iwod abogo.

It was nice, yeah. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Bigsteveg(m): 2:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

She OBVIOUSLY is NOT.
Ure being mistaken, she is a graduate. Goodluck was her lecturer then.
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Bigsteveg(m): 3:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I could go on and on.

Listen to what obongproff is saying, u can be fluent when speaking, dat doesn't mean ure well educated. And u can be educated, Dats not a guarantee that u'll speak fluently. Ask those ladies in school, dey can blow grammer but upstairs, they are empty.
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 13, 2014
Bigsteveg:
Listen to what obongproff is saying, u can be fluent when speaking, dat doesn't mean ure well educated.

I didn't say you cannot be fluent when you are not educated but if you are well-educated, you know how to speak properly.

And u can be educated, Dats not a guarantee that u'll speak fluently. Ask those ladies in school, dey can blow grammer but upstairs, they are empty.

Then you are not well-educated.
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2014
Bigsteveg:
Ure being mistaken, she is a graduate. Goodluck was her lecturer then.

She is a graduate from a failed education system then and a proof for how bad the education system is wink

Being educated is not the same as being well-educated. wink
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by EfemenaXY: 6:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
^^ Haha!! grin grin
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Bigsteveg(m): 6:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I didn't say you cannot be fluent when you are not educated but if you are well-educated, you know how to speak properly.

Then you are not well-educated.
Even the way u argue shows u have nothing in ur brain, eva listens to what other are saying, Miss am always right.
But Pls, what's ur achievement in life, I may not be well educated in ur eyes but I bet if u can achieve what I have in d next 10 yrs of ur life.
I may not be well educated but I graduated from from a university of technology (electrical electronics engineering), I may not be well educated but have the privilege to work in a mobile telecommunication company also in an oil and gas company.
I may not be well educated, guess what I luv myself as I am.

PLS U THAT U ARE WELL EDUCATED LIKE THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND, WHATS YOUR ACHEIVEMENT IN LIFE?
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
Bigsteveg:
Even the way u argue shows u have nothing in ur brain, eva listens to what other are saying, Miss am always right.
But Pls, what's ur achievement in life, I may not be well educated in ur eyes but I bet if u can achieve what I have in d next 10 yrs of ur life.
I may not be well educated but I graduated from from a university of technology (electrical electronics engineering), I may not be well educated but have the privilege to work in a mobile telecommunication company also in an oil and gas company.

PLS U THAT U ARE WELL EDUCATED LIKE THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND, WHATS YOUR ACHEIVEMENT IN LIFE?

Who was talking about you? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Bros plz don't take it personal na. She just doesn't like or respect ebele or his wife. Plz just leave her alone, she is my little baby sister way no want hia word.
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 13, 2014
obongproff:

Bros plz don't take it personal na. She just doesn't like or respect ebele or his wife. Plz just leave her alone, she is my little baby sister way no want hia word.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Bigsteveg(m): 9:29pm On Sep 13, 2014
obongproff:

No p bro. It is well.
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by rawpadgin(m): 11:18pm On Sep 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

In a poor country, people worship money. Developed countries know why education is important. This is why they are so well developed.
oh yeah, u want me to mention more than 50 peeps from the western world that didn't go to college yet it didn't stop them from impacting the world positively?
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
rawpadgin: oh yeah, u want me to mention more than 50 peeps from the western world that didn't go to college yet it didn't stop them from impacting the world positively?

We were talking about politician. Name them.

By the way, does education begin and end in school / college for you?
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by rawpadgin(m): 12:09am On Sep 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

who talking about politician? go back & read the topic, please
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by rawpadgin(m): 12:10am On Sep 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

who's talking about politician? go back & read the topic, please
Re: Is Der Any Disvantage In Marrying A Lady Dat Is Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 14, 2014
rawpadgin: who's talking about politician? go back & read the topic, please

I was in my first comment. I kindly recommend that you go back.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Surprising Things Your Kids Learn From Your Marriage / Husband Strip Butt N3ked For Marternity Shoot / What Is A Perfect Marriage Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.