Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Do You Believe In Marrying Young? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Believe In Marrying Young? (12454 Views)

10 Surprising Benefits Of Marrying Young / Man Orders Wife To Refund N1.4 Million He Spent In Marrying Her In Lagos / Any Disadvantage in Marrying From Another Tribe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by djeezy(m): 8:10am On Jan 07, 2013
By young I mean under 25. Someone I know asserted that it is a bad idea and that young marriages do not last and hence contributes immensely to 60% divorce rate. Howbeit I am yet to ascertain the veracity of his claim and on the other hand, many people say age is just a number. So what's your opinion? Mature responses please.
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by cantell(m): 8:23am On Jan 07, 2013
djeezy: By young I mean under 25. Someone I know asserted that it is a bad idea and that young marriages do not last and hence contributes immensely to 60% divorce rate. Howbeit I am yet to ascertain the veracity of his claim and on the other hand, many people say age is just a number. So what's your opinion? Mature responses please.
Age is not just a number when it comes to marriage. Marriage is for mature minds and age has a lot to do with maturity.
A man should be at least 28yrs old(minimum) before he can think of marriage. For a woman, as long as she's passed the teen age stage, she's good to go.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 07, 2013
cantell:
Age is not just a number when it comes to marriage. Marriage is for mature minds and age has a lot to do with maturity.
A man should be at least 28yrs old(minimum) before he can think of marriage. For a woman, as long as she's passed the teen age stage, she's good to go.
I'm not really against marrying at a young age so long as the individuals involved are matured and emotionally stable enough to embark on such a lifetime journey.

Like you rightly said, age is just a number.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by go4value(m): 8:40am On Jan 07, 2013
i married @ 28...now iv got 2 kids

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 07, 2013
go4value: i married @ 28...now iv got 2 kids
How has your experience been?
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 07, 2013
As long as you have achieved 7/10 of your life ambitions,fine then,you can marry

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Gambrosia: 7:10pm On Jan 07, 2013
I used to. . .till I discovered MARRIAGE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO OUT-DATED in 2013!
Welcome to the new world! cheesy
Old o. . .Young o!
I just wish I was born an American. . .I NOR GO MARRY LAI LAI! grin
Not to an AFRICAN. . .MY AGNOSTIC GOD FORBID NEXT TIME!

Na manage we just dey manage to see who go fOrst quench caRREH life insurance LOTTO! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by dayokanu(m): 7:38pm On Jan 07, 2013
I dont believe
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by jmoore(m): 8:07pm On Jan 07, 2013
If you don't want to marry when you are young then marry when you are old at least from 60 years

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by cigaricon(m): 9:51pm On Jan 07, 2013
Ya I so much blieve in marrying young cos 1 u would be able to train all ur children in school before getting old hence not subjecting the eldest one under the responsibility of struggling to pay sibling's school fees and also fending for his family.
I knw of a man who married in his early ywenties, say 22 or 23 but am certain his wife is just a year younger and they have lived hapily up till their late 30s and there was no case of divorce or the husband abusing the wife, their son will be twenty one by this year and at evenings u see the man and nis son playing badminton. U will need someone who knows that family very well to convince u that one is the father of the other, u will likely mistake them for old skull buddies who are catching fun.
Talking about age and all that, there are some couples who got married in their thirties and still divorced, why ddnt their age come to play? I'm not saying. That marrying in your thirties or early fourties is bad, all I'm tryna say is that ur age is just the number of yrs u have existed on earth and doesn't determine ur level of maturity, maturity of the body is diff frm maturity of the mind so if u think u can hold a family in ur twenties fine and if u feel in ur thirties, good for u and if I want it in ur fourties, its ur choice, what matters is ur ability to hold a family.

My five shekels wink

44 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by ifyalways(f): 9:51pm On Jan 07, 2013
Must everyone marry?

Marry @ 20 divorce @ 40 or marry @ 40 divorce @ 60, love is when and where you find it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
I think marring young is really cool so long that both parties both love, understand, and re loyal nd honest to each other....imagine having a grandchild at 50.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:38pm On Jan 07, 2013
Yes
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
NO!!! I don't even believe in marriage, so the age, or lack thereof, shouldn't even come into question. SAY NO TO MARRIAGE! SAVE YOUR DAUGHTERS' VIRGINITY!!

this message is brought to you by the federal ministry of islamic affairs.
_
The Federal Ministry Of Hindu Affairs warns that marriage is likely to cause gayism. Say no to gays. Ban heterosexual marriage today!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Pringozie02(m): 10:48pm On Jan 07, 2013
SimonAndal: NO!!! I don't even believe in marriage, so the age, or lack thereof, shouldn't even come into question. SAY NO TO MARRIAGE! SAVE YOUR DAUGHTERS' VIRGINITY!!

u b gay or lesbian wch one or witch
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Kaxmytex(m): 10:49pm On Jan 07, 2013
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by AlabaSlim: 10:49pm On Jan 07, 2013
SimonAndal: NO!!! I don't even believe in marriage, so the age, or lack thereof, shouldn't even come into question. SAY NO TO MARRIAGE! SAVE YOUR DAUGHTERS' VIRGINITY!!

Excellento
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by DANILSA(m): 10:52pm On Jan 07, 2013
[quote author=cigar icon]Ya I so much blieve in marrying young cos 1 u would be able to train all ur children in school before getting old hence not subjecting the eldest one under the responsibility of struggling to pay sibling's school fees and also fending for his family.
I knw of a man who married in his early ywenties, say 22 or 23 but am certain his wife is just a year younger and they have lived hapily up till their late 30s and there was no case of divorce or the husband abusing the wife, their
seconded, my one denari

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by UNLEASHED(m): 10:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
Marriage so so old fashioned!

BEFORE MARRIAGE:

Husband - Aaah! ...At last! I can hardly wait!
Wife - Do you want me to leave?
Husband - No! Don't even think about it.
Wife - Do you love me?
Husband - Of course! Always have and always will!
Wife - Have you ever cheated on me?
Husband - No! Why are you even asking?
Wife - Will you kiss me?
Husband - Every chance I get!
Wife - Will you hit me?
Husband - Hell no! Are you crazy?!
Wife - Can I trust you?
Husband - Yes.
Wife - Darling!

AFTER MARRIAGE: read from bottom to top.

7 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Dygeasy(m): 10:55pm On Jan 07, 2013
It all goes down to being capably ready.... If you're 22 and yhu have money without the necessary matured mind to live with a woman and start a family, deal with the problems you'd face.

If you're 30 and not financially okay and you get married, deal with the problems you'd face.

If you've money and sense, abeg what are you waiting for? Marry that girl.

Age has nothing to do with it! It still is just a number.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by VirginFinder: 11:01pm On Jan 07, 2013
When you marry young you enjoy a lot of support and goodwill from family members and beyond.

Your success as a young couple will be paramount on everyone's mind.

Also, when you decide to marry young, no one will expect you to foot your wedding bill.
Many will be quick to support you financially and in kind.
This enables you start your marriage with your bank account still in blue.

Whatsoever you'll face in marriage will be patiently waiting for you whether at 25 or at 45. Hence, its better to take the challenge head on as early as possible and overcome it by the grace and power of God.

Early marriage also helps one keep from maintaining multiple sexual partners to a large extent.

And other advantages abound.

I support early marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 07, 2013
I tot this topic has been threaded b4 abi na new year start afresh? Make I go generate old topics post.
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 07, 2013
Like this right ? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 07, 2013
Dygeasy: It all goes down to being capably ready.... If you're 22 and yhu have money without the necessary matured mind to live with a woman and start a family, deal with the problems you'd face.

If you're 30 and not [b]financially okay [/b]and you get married, deal with the problems you'd face.

If you've money and sense, abeg what are you waiting for? Marry that girl.

Age has nothing to do with it! It still is just a number.

Whats your definition of financially ok? Pls qualify E.g, what amount should i have in the bank,ability to pay rent.....has steady source of income etc.

Financially 'OK' is kinda vague.
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 07, 2013
By d way poster do u think marriage is childs play or first to finish if u r not ready psychlogically don't bother going into it, its a thing of d mind body n soul so check yourself b4 going in.
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by afm4ever(m): 11:06pm On Jan 07, 2013
Getting married early is good for me i will
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by vizion: 11:08pm On Jan 07, 2013
djeezy: By young I mean under 25. Someone I know asserted that it is a bad idea and that young marriages do not last and hence contributes immensely to 60% divorce rate. Howbeit I am yet to ascertain the veracity of his claim and on the other hand, many people say age is just a number. So what's your opinion? Mature responses please.

lots of the people that married in the 60's and 70's married young my your definition. The reasons for divorce should be investigated, and if you use nairaland as a case study, you won't have to look far. Marriage is not honeymoon, it has it's ups and downs, but many ppl chose to divorce because don't take seriously the vows they took at marriage.

P.s., most marriages days are not young by your definition of young, but the percentages of divorce are alarming.
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Symphony007: 11:09pm On Jan 07, 2013
My uncle married at the age of 22 and his wife was 19 but today they've been married for 40 years. I think it depends on mindset, intellectual maturity and of course most importantly "true love".
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by ogbonssam: 11:09pm On Jan 07, 2013
Early marriage is the best so long as one has the wherewithal.
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:10pm On Jan 07, 2013
Na marrying as a foetus sweet pass

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Advocatesam(f): 11:15pm On Jan 07, 2013
Age is nothing but ordinary number. I married at age 21 and I ve never regretted my action till today. Always happy. But honestly there are many factors dat must be considered b4 marriage inwhich I think age is the last factor. Factors like ur financial status, emotion stability, academic (formal or non formal) achievement, etc are very important b4 thinking of marriage. So age is baseless cos if are even 35 without all these, then u are not good to go.

*let me go and meet my dearest*
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by mhozzis(m): 11:15pm On Jan 07, 2013
I had plans of getting married at 25 before, under certain pre-stated conditions but at 24 those conditions were not met by me so I could not achieve my dream.
there is something nice about being young and youthful say about 35 and ur children in university or even out, this will enable you to be able to relate on a friend level with ur children and also you and your wife will have enough time to enjoy yourselves together.
>>>>>I hope u guys understand dis post cus I'm sleep typing it<<<<<

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? / Sex During Fasting For Christians (RCCG) / Advise : My Wife Is Pregnat For A Stranger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.