Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,726 members, 7,955,745 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:13 PM

BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport (41915 Views)

Pls why do African Ebola Patients die In The US but others survive / Good News! First Ebola Patient Discharged In Lagos / Ebola Patient Final Pictures Before Dying (viewer's Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Damsman10(m): 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
UnknownT: It is now turning to a cycle? They must have heard that we successfully isolated the 1st case with less % casualty, now Nigeria is now a haven for them? Maybe its hightime the press started reporting the wrong news that Nigeria cant fight Ebola
U've got brain, bt wat of awa ppu
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Ninilowo(m): 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
fyneguy: Why are they heading to Nigeria?
Divine healing nah
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by guttentag(m): 4:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
So e don Enter SA? I NO GO AGAIN!

Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by slap1(m): 4:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
I hope she doesn't have AIDS as well.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by amtoxic66(f): 4:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
Send her back to the pit of hell were she is coming from
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by dabigwalls: 4:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
UnknownT: It is now turning to a cycle? They must have heard that we successfully isolated the 1st case with less % casualty, now Nigeria is now a haven for them? Maybe its hightime the press started reporting the wrong news that Nigeria cant fight Ebola

You right here are a major trip! loooollll
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Ayed44: 4:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
What about pple who flew on the same plane with her? Can they be traced?
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by ghettodreamz(m): 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
Kudos to those operatives. Only God knows how many people would have been infected with the virus if they had not been able to apprehend her. embarassed

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by 100Cents: 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
What of her first degree contacts ?

God, take away this Ebola disease..
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by kobonaire(m): 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
missojugo: Is she a criminal? Who arrests sick people
LOL, very true. The fact that daily post is the news outlet reporting it makes me skeptical
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by 360command: 4:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
This news is falsificado. I believe they are yet to confirm if she has ebola. The source the OP posted was that of the liberian caught at lagos airport. I was unable to open the link. The S.african lady status is yet to be known. I say this because Reuters says different and the source op gave is a different thing entirely.

http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKKBN0H613M20140911?irpc=932
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by ibkgab001: 4:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
You mean why they are all heading to dumping ground? grin
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by kevoh(m): 4:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
They can't even do small things like getting the name of the airline right.It''s AIR MAROC not Air morok. Useless copy and paste Nigerian media outfits.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by cirmuell(m): 4:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
ideee03: I guess they'v been reading from the back of their screens grin
I tire o.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Wiinnd(m): 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
Abi oo. As e be say dem nor wan let us rest.
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Ryabcool(m): 4:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
ayodeji752: Kill d bitcch immediately!
see am... See wetin he dey wish on him fellow human being. Yet this goat i'm quoting must have vented on social media after the ALUU 4 killings. Smfh!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Koolking(m): 4:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
ceo4eva: DailyPost has just been informed that a South African woman identified as Folswe Elizabeth Maria has just been arrested at the Lagos International Airport after showing signs of the dreaded Ebola Virus Disease.

Operatives at the airport arrested the woman when she disembarked from the Air Morok flight.

After a quick virus test was conducted on her, report says she showed positive result and was immediately arrested. She was from Casablanca in Morocco.

Our Airport source said she was quarantined and taken away almost immediately.

http://dailypost.ng/2014/09/11/breaking-liberian-ebola-patient-arrested-lagos-airport/

This sounds like sensational journalism considering the bold phrases. SMH for some our news reporting.
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by RuffRhyder(m): 4:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
Àwon alaakoba gbogbo.

Don't know why they're running to Nigeria after been infected.
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by debrihachi(f): 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
*sigh. ..baba God na ur hand I dey o
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by karkel(m): 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
They believe that there is a healing powers in naija...................welllll any body with such dreaded virus dat enter naija shall recive dia healingzz
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by deletrue: 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
But I think them dey say Nigeria not good, Nigerian no good, yet dem dey rush come here. Like someone jokenly said, maybe we should turn round and say Nigeria is the centre of ebola to stop more ebola people coming in. I hope not be apc dey...........
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by begwong: 5:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
So naija has become a dumping ground for every infected ebola tom d!ck and harry.
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Litmus: 5:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
If it had been the other way around and she had been a Nigerian in transit in South Africa the South Africans would have said nothing and then quietly send the suspected Ebola carrier to Nigeria.

1) They wouldn't want to quarantine no Ebola suspect in their Nation and risk being labeled Ebola nation.

2) They would keep mute and send her packing to Nigeria without any consideration for Nigerian officials the Ebola might infect .

Nigerians are good people we haven't got the machinations of wicked souls down to a T yet.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by epospiky(m): 5:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
Their plans shall not succeed. God help us to tackle this mess.
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Jellyfishdude: 5:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
dayosaurus: WTF are these Liberians looking for, haven't they heard we have enough problems already.. ebola is the last thing we need.. jeez, can't we sue the Liberian government angry

how u wan do am na?
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
hmmmm i've read the story and even visited the page so am i blind or are some of you just incredibly stoopid? the lady is a south african coming from Morrocco, where are all the liberia comments coming from?
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by MrDoGood(m): 5:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
fyneguy: Why are they heading to Nigeria?

i no just know
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
missojugo:

Is she a criminal? Who arrests sick people
Don't worry she'll be brought to your house so that you can give her a befitting welcome. And who says only criminals are arrested , or don't you know the meaning of "arrest".
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by deletrue: 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
jerseyscustom: It a pity we only need to step our effort to battle this issues yet our leaders are concentrating their effort towards 20150 election
What the hell is inside your brain? What fight are you talking other than this? Someone is held red handed, you are still complaining. If this person had entered and spread this desease, would you have killed the leaders? Damn senseless individual you are
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by successking: 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
We Nigerians don't always see what other African Nationals see about this Almighty Nigeria, blessed with both human and natural resource, commanding respect even in the midst of several problems, playing big brother to all African States and ready to defend the course of Africa in continental matters even when some African States who cannot defend themselves always lunch verbal attacks and show high sense of disrespect to the Almighty Giant of Africa.

The woman should be treated of the virus and if survived, returned to SA for the fact to be reaffirmed that NIGERIA is indeed the GIANT OF AFRICA.

GOD BLESS MY FATHER LAND
NIGERIA

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
besides she is only suspected of having Ebola based on the symptoms she displayed which could easily be something else so whats up with the fuss? SMH
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by deletrue: 5:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
stevecantrell: Now tell me, what happens to those who arrested her ? Don't they immediately become contacts ? Will they not have to undergo surveillance ?

Unless Nigeria takes drastic measures at curtailing immigration from ebola hot spots, the min of health shouldn't make unguarded statements like "No ebola in Nigeria"

if na only the people wey arrest the woman, he for still good. What about those in the flight?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Most Terrifying Insects In The World(photos) / YPO COVID-19 Isolation Centre In Lagos Shut Down / Four UK Health Workers Jailed For Abusing Elderly Patient

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.