Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport (41744 Views)

Pls why do African Ebola Patients die In The US but others survive / Good News! First Ebola Patient Discharged In Lagos / Ebola Patient Final Pictures Before Dying (viewer's Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by dayosaurus(m): 6:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
Jellyfishdude:

how u wan do am na?

Iono too
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by stevecantrell: 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
messpero90: im saying GOD FORBID AGAIN. My friend think and say positive things.

Tell your govt to have a re-think on resumption dates and draw-up contingencies and theoretical models for possible scenarios in this regard. THEN you can think positively !

My friend has one child, a son, only 5 years old. He told me he's NOT sending his only son back to school anytime soon sept 22, 13th oct, whatever the date. Do you blame him ? Or will you tell him to "think positively" ?
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Dreambeat: 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
Did she show any sign of EVD?Was she screened because she was from Liberia?
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Forwetinnah: 6:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
Bia...make dem stop this rubbish o!! What nonsense is this...Nigeria don turn Ebola depo abi na wetin? Anyone with the virus runs to Nigeria...God punish satan!!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by cy4ril: 6:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ebola is not just a merely disease.
Ebola is a perfect biological weapon

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Hugo7(m): 6:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
Not Again!!! Hope its turns out -ve
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Forwetinnah: 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
cjrane: Which kain bio-terrorism be this?

My dear, no be small thing. And the disease dey kill the same way wey someone exposed to nuclear radiation dey die. .E no funny at all
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by ahaika23: 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
Unless Nigeria takes her fight outside her shores, Ebola infected people all over West Africa would do anything to get to Nigeria.
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by M4gunners: 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
Not again.
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by buckeye(m): 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
"Arrested" seems to be a wrong choice of word. Is she a criminal?
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by whytepawn1(m): 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
omerta: How come dailypost is the only outlet with this information? Stop spreading rumours, abeg! Always get confirmation from the health minister before dishing out such sensitive information...
and you think the health minister is the only source of credible information?. Some people get this information before it gets to his desk.
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by dayosaurus(m): 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
messpero90: im saying GOD FORBID AGAIN. My friend think and say positive things.

By living in denial right..
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by phreakabit(m): 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
Close the borders now! If this shit enter streets e don finish be that oh!
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Forwetinnah: 6:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
stevecantrell:

God forbid it too, but if ONE pry. 4 pupil catch ebola, he/she will give it to half his classmates, his teacher, his toddler sibling, his neighbours, and parents at home. We know parents will not abandon their kids even in the face of certain ebola infection.

Parents will take ebola back to work and also to the child's paediatrician and other staff, who will in-turn take it back to their own families at home. Many who are supposed to report ebola cases in their homes to the health authority will hide (them) away.

You don't even want to think of the implication of that happening.

And never mind what the media is saying about mode of transmission, ebola is clearly not spread by clinically sick people alone, not this time. I believe a few lucky people, with some genetic immunity had picked up the virus but did not fall sick but also gave it to other unlucky people with lowered immunity, possibly by droplet transmission.

Hey, its just a theory. God protect us all.

God bless you plenty much. It amazes me why anyone would compare market or church to a school which is mainly for kids. All these private proprietors wey dey ginger..who go pay school fees when Ebola cases begin spread from their schools?

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
Munalove: shhh she shd b treated and we shd pray 4 her to live.shes a human like u o remember

She should be catapulted back to South Africa for treatment. If naija makes the mistake of treating her, we shouldn't complain when Liberians start crawling through our borders for cure. I pray she recovers;if she had no ill intentions.
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by ceejay80s(m): 6:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
fyneguy: Why are they heading to Nigeria?
because na so naija open lìke ashewo toto
useless country
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
stevecantrell:

Tell your govt to have a re-think on resumption dates and draw-up contingencies and theoretical models for possible scenarios in this regard. THEN you can think positively !

My friend has one child, a son, only 5 years old. He told me he's NOT sending his only son back to school anytime soon sept 22, 13th oct, whatever the date. Do you blame him ? Or will you tell him to "think positively" ?
i totally undastand but dnt worry bcaus my siblings too aint ever going 2 resume too. "soon dis whole ebola tin will b in d past.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
dayosaurus:

By living in denial right..
its well
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by ceejay80s(m): 6:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
omerta: How come dailypost is the only outlet with this information? Stop spreading rumours, abeg! Always get confirmation from the health minister before dishing out such sensitive information...
health minister wey lìe pass FG
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Aegon(m): 7:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
Litmus: Strange how this news of a South African Woman with Ebola being quarantined in Nigeria hasn't reached BBC Africa front page news yet. Whether the news is true or false is beside the point since BBC Africa has never let facts get in the way of its negative publications on Nigeria.
Bro's this your post make sense die
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Antell95(m): 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ebola + HIV = BluIvy, kgr28,

Tonylyte Iconise cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

CHEEEEE!!!!!!!

How did the Poor South African get the Ebola Virus disease?
And WHY was she heading into Nigeria? was she on transit to SA via Lagos??
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Jellyfishdude: 7:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
dayosaurus:

Iono too

Omo i think say u kno o
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by linnyx: 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
[quote author=dayosaurus]WTF are these Liberians looking for, haven't they heard we have enough problems already.. ebola is the last thing we need.. jeez, can't we sue the Liberian government angry[/quot
e]
Chief, she's South African and not Liberian from Morocco.
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by 9jatatafo(m): 7:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
It is very good that the people at the nation's entry point were able to identify this S.A. woman who is EVD positive. These foreigners who are EVD positive should stop importing this deadly disease to Nigeria. God help us all.
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by mecusbosco(m): 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
jerseyscustom: It a pity we only need to step our effort to battle this issues yet our leaders are concentrating their effort towards 20150 election
Who are the "we"? No be person arrest the woman? Abi president go come turn to a health worker?
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
stevecantrell:

Thank you! The FG should be more concerned about equipping schools and sensitizing teachers and parents at this time, not the feelings of greedy school owners who already have plans for the money we will pay in September.

I have children in Nursery and pre-nursery classes and I've seen them play in school several times. They hug, they play with their friends without a care. Chukwu is not a stakeholder-we parents are and I think it's about time we step up and step out with placards!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
God help the poor woman cry
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Tonylyte(m): 7:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
Antell95: Ebola + HIV = BluIvy, kgr28,

Tonylyte Iconise cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Hahaha, have u 4gotten i baptised them yesterday with it? She laughed yesterday and she's crying today, now who is the boss?
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by dayosaurus(m): 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
[quote author=linnyx][/quote]

The op said she was Liberian at first... blame the op
Re: BREAKING: South African Ebola Patient Arrested At Lagos International Airport by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
thank God For the Nigeria government. they are really showing sign of seriousness. But I tink her country should be sued for allowing her to come to Nigeria. They have really taking us for granted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I'm Dying Of Social Killer(bad Breath) / Months After Her Arm Was Amputated, Nigerian Lady Shares Recovery Photo / Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.