Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,275 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans (706 Views)

Police Bans Use Of Fireworks (Banger) In Lagos / Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? / The Constant Abuse Of The Romance Section By Idiots Posting Stupid Threads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans by darlingtonNYIG(m): 8:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
I have noticed most times here in Nigeria we refer to the so called big boys or guys that know what's up as "niggas", we derive joy in been referred to as a nigga, but abroad such is seen as a derogatory word in referring to a black man as a nigga. Most people liken it to the so much influence of the Hip Hop world but me tend to disagree; I see it as mere stupidity and the joy to belong or to identified as a "wanna be" person. I don't really know why we don't learn things that are positive from our brothers in Americas or Europe.

2 Likes

Re: The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans by darlingtonNYIG(m): 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
Front page please oga MOD.
Re: The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans by Mynd44: 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
Nigga please

1 Like

Re: The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans by darlingtonNYIG(m): 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
Mynd44: Nigga please
Re: The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans by darlingtonNYIG(m): 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
oya push am go front page
Re: The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans by Mynd44: 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
darlingtonNYIG: oya push am go front page
No nigga
Re: The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
Yh #real niccurz
Re: The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans by DickDastardly(m): 8:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
cheesy Caught trolling grin
*searching for ban button wink

1 Like

Re: The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans by darlingtonNYIG(m): 8:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
Mynd44:
No nigga
my name is ejezie elochukwu darlington I am no nigga

2 Likes

Re: The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
Mynd44:
No nigga
ur dispeakable! grin don't u use that word on me
Re: The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans by ggrin(f): 8:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
Niggaundecided
Re: The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
darlingtonNYIG: I have noticed most times here in Nigeria we refer to the so called big boys or guys that know what's up as "niggas", we derive joy in been referred to as a nigga, but abroad such is seen as a derogatory word in referring to a black man as a nigga. Most people liken it to the so much influence of the Hip Hop world but me tend to disagree; I see it as mere stupidity and the joy to belong or to identified as a "wanna be" person. I don't really know why we don't learn things that are positive from our brothers in Americas or Europe.

It's commonly used here too.

Personally I don't socialize with folks that use derogatory terminologies and consider those that do to be uneducated.

Martin Luther King and others suffered and fought for us to shed these sorts of social inequities.

If you want to copy the US, copy our space programs, copy our mechanized agriculture, copy our great healthcare, copy our interstate freeway system, copy our military might, copy our world leading healthcare system, copy our blind justice, copy our freedom to pursue life and liberty.

Please don't copy calling each other the N words or wearing your pants down at your knees.

"Alagemo ti bi omo re, aimo jo di owo e".

3 Likes

Re: The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans by swaystunna(m): 8:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
You know amma Ride for the Niggas that ride for me..I got Two words For u Love and Loyalty !!!

My Nigga-YG ft Jeezy n Rich Homie quan cool
Re: The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans by Mynd44: 8:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
Silkmoth33: ur dispeakable! grin don't u use that word on me
Nigga, go sit somewhere
Re: The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
Re: The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans by themmydhayhor(m): 8:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
Just gringringringringringringringringringrin
Re: The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
Mynd44:
Nigga, go sit somewhere
grin fuçk u! U racist punk!
Re: The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans by Mutuwa(m): 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
so mr Op wetin u want make we do?if as adumbrated the word is "derogatory" how do u think we in naija should avoid it?peacefully or otherwise?
Re: The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
ice prince comes to mind...
Re: The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
U all need to watch 12 years a slave
Re: The Constant Use Of The Word "Nigga" By Africans by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
Page front!!!! angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Being A Man Or A Woman. Which Has More Advantages? / This Life / Tech Bloggers Vs Entertainment Bloggers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.