Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi (25563 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach / Without Mikel Nigeria Is Out Of The World Cup. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by msmon(m): 3:41am On Sep 12, 2014
Nigeria national team coach Stephen Keshi says he still believes that John Obi Mikel is a vital cog in the Super Eagles side, despite the midfielder’s lack of game time at his club, Chelsea.
Mikel has not been overly influential during Nigeria’s first two 2015 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifying games, which have seen the Super Eagles picking up just a single point from their opening two matches against Congo (2-3) and South Africa (0-0).
Against Bafana Bafana, Mikel was outplayed by Man of the Match Andile Jali, the 24-year-old Belgium-based midfielder who South Africa will build their future around.
It was Jali’s speed, tenacity and skill on the ball that won him most of the one on one battles against the Super Eagles
midfielders.
Mikel appears to having fallen down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge, having only had 23 minutes of action so
far this season for the big-spending London club, but Keshi remains adamant that the 27-year-old is an important part of the national team.

“Just because he is not playing in his team (Chelsea), that does not mean I cannot use him in my team, that’s the coaches’ choice,” Keshi said after
Wednesday night’s 0-0 draw with Bafana Bafana in Cape Town.
“But in my team, if I think that he is good shape, with the wealth of experience he has, all his years in the Champions League, I think he’s very important for us in the team, and we just have to make the best of the situation.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/cant-without-mikel-keshi/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by ROCKJ1(m): 3:55am On Sep 12, 2014
Until he sends us to the cleaners and we don't qualify... your eyes go clear.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Okworigeorge(m): 4:28am On Sep 12, 2014
keep off
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by terzurum5(m): 4:36am On Sep 12, 2014
Pls don't only ask Keshi to drop Mikel name just one person that can fit into his position well in the present super eagles. We continue to complain Mikel this Mikel that but deep inside of us we do know very well it is going to take a while before we find a suitable player who will fit in well in his position.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by successking401(m): 5:25am On Sep 12, 2014
We are yet to find a better replacement against mikel

8 Likes

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by romme2u: 5:59am On Sep 12, 2014
until nigeria produces a world-class first rated players who can change the dynamics of our game, who can improve and upgrade our game, we will still be in the doldrums.

as far as i am concern mikel is not the kind of player who can control the pace of a game and produce results, that is why he still marry to the bench in chelsea.

moreover, football development in the country is dead because we yet to produce players who are not only regular starters in their clubs but pivotal to their club's successes

3 Likes

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by ramdris(m): 6:30am On Sep 12, 2014
I have one question for Keshi, what's he basing Mikel on? Club performance or national team performance. Cos to me, he is failing in both.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by emperorchedda(m): 6:55am On Sep 12, 2014
Mikel is very important to Nigeria just as he is to Chelsea. I keep asking haters if Mikel wasn't a good player anymore why will a high demanding club like Chelsea still keep after every transfer windows summer and winter?? Or is it that he can't be sold or even released since he is as irrelevant as haters claim? Chelsea let go of a lot of players in the last transfer window but Mikel remained and even made a wonderful assist in the hot match against Everton, that should make a statement to the blind folks who see nothing positive

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by lexyman(m): 7:06am On Sep 12, 2014
Something tells me that Mikel will lose his place in the team if he refuse to up his game ....we need a mobile 10, I. Mean attacking midfielder with the ability of a link up play with the attack line.i saw Igeibor doing that but he later withdraw .

Keshi should call up Haruna and let's see what he has to offer .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Systeme101: 7:07am On Sep 12, 2014
keshi is our problem nt the players...keshi is nt technicaly sound nd he rejected a sound technical asistant for d fear of loosing his job.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by seunlayi(m): 7:15am On Sep 12, 2014
[size=38pt]mikel must go[/size]

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by kenny091(m): 7:46am On Sep 12, 2014
maybe ge can keep using mikel on his football manager game after we keep his sorry axx out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by RockMaxi: 7:46am On Sep 12, 2014
Something is definitely wrong with Keshi...

22 Likes

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by MadCow1: 10:00am On Sep 12, 2014
#BringBackOurSiasia.... angry

or

#TakeKeshi&GiveUsOliseh.. angry

In Summary:: Nigeria can kiss Goodbye to the next Nations Cup as the Defending Champions would not be there to defend the cup.

16 Likes

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by msmon(m): 10:03am On Sep 12, 2014
If I say Stephen, you will say 'Koshi'
If I say Mikel, you will say 'Slowbie'

Stephen Koshi!
Mikel Slowbie!

Stephen Koshi!
Mikel Slowbie!

Stephen Koshi!
Mikel Slowbie!

33 Likes

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 12, 2014
hhhfhutdcgy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by yorke1: 11:00am On Sep 12, 2014
Mikel is a disgrace to the national team. No need be economical with the truth.

8 Likes

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by homesteady(m): 11:00am On Sep 12, 2014
Keshi has just spoilt my weekend!
Which kind of useless talk is this? I reject it for Nigeria!

9 Likes

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 12, 2014
Clueless leaders at the helm of affairs in this country..and now we have been blessed with a CLUELESS COACH. Well this is what you get when a player is richer than the whole team and coaching staff. Too much respect and "Oga do yo want to play today?" things going on there! angry

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by kunlesehan(m): 11:00am On Sep 12, 2014
lildrop: hhhfhutdcgy
hahahahahaha...abeg help me translate wetin u write.
Hmmmm... well it seems King Keshi and Special Mourinho understand something about Mikel that we don't.
Up blues!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Dreyl(m): 11:00am On Sep 12, 2014
Keshi is really fvcking up!
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by amiskurie(m): 11:00am On Sep 12, 2014
If to say na just me...."in 2face's voice"

Mikel na team?
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 12, 2014
amiskurie:
Abeg,help humanity confiscate your phone.
.GUY FACE FRONT.
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by jmoore(m): 11:00am On Sep 12, 2014
I disagree. Iheanacho can do better.

10 Likes

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by iheanyi40(m): 11:01am On Sep 12, 2014
Keshi we no want mikel again angry
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by checkdate(m): 11:01am On Sep 12, 2014
msmon: Nigeria national team coach Stephen Keshi says he still believes that John Obi Mikel is a vital cog in the Super Eagles side, despite the midfielder’s lack of game time at his club, Chelsea.
Mikel has not been overly influential during Nigeria’s first two 2015 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifying games, which have seen the Super Eagles picking up just a single point from their opening two matches against Congo (2-3) and South Africa (0-0).
Against Bafana Bafana, Mikel was outplayed by Man of the Match Andile Jali, the 24-year-old Belgium-based midfielder who South Africa will build their future around.
It was Jali’s speed, tenacity and skill on the ball that won him most of the one on one battles against the Super Eagles
midfielders.
Mikel appears to having fallen down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge, having only had 23 minutes of action so
far this season for the big-spending London club, but Keshi remains adamant that the 27-year-old is an important part of the national team.

“Just because he is not playing in his team (Chelsea), that does not mean I cannot use him in my team, that’s the coaches’ choice,” Keshi said after
Wednesday night’s 0-0 draw with Bafana Bafana in Cape Town.
“But in my team, if I think that he is good shape, with the wealth of experience he has, all his years in the Champions League, I think he’s very important for us in the team, and we just have to make the best of the situation.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/cant-without-mikel-keshi/
USELESS IDIOTS BLABBING TRASH

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by adekayo1234(m): 11:01am On Sep 12, 2014
keshi koshi lo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Jimfender(m): 11:01am On Sep 12, 2014
There is no denying the fact that Mikel is good, a man that have gone places and with experiences. but Keshi shouldn't make him feel too important...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by TeamclicksAir: 11:01am On Sep 12, 2014
like seriously...
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 12, 2014
One word for both=CLUELESS! angry

2 Likes

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by sirjohnson(m): 11:01am On Sep 12, 2014
What Is he joking? Wait, that headline is misleading. Keshi never said 'No Eagles Without Mikel'

Okay, Keshi already said today that He might not continue as Eagles coach. Read it Here

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Fails To Qualify For World Cup In Qatar After Ghana Draw / Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong / Burial Poster Of Mary Ejide, Austin Ejide's Mother (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.