Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi (25574 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach / Without Mikel Nigeria Is Out Of The World Cup. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by CharlieMaria(m): 8:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
seunlayi: [size=38pt]mikel must go[/size]
So we can now use Ghana Mikel must go? Aba please produce a another bag ASAP
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
maxisfield: What is ds one sayin angry
Yes o...Let's ask him together...You are smashingly looking glorious... You must be new here?
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
sexzskil: Fvck football My cpga is just 2.15, and u all here talking of one useless ball that adds no value to any life. SMH!
Sorry durling. BTW, what is your discipline?
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
missberrypop5: Lol, its going fine o. I'm learning things.
#interrupts# You've got nice pair of eyes
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Fayrouzz(m): 8:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
lexyman: Something tells me that Mikel will lose his place in the team if he refuse to up his game ....we need a mobile 10, I. Mean attacking midfielder with the ability of a link up play with the attack line.i saw Igeibor doing that but he later withdraw .

Keshi should call up Haruna and let's see what he has to offer .
So the coach says Mikel will play and something still tells you Mikel will lose his place??

Na wa o
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by efe2real(m): 8:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
emperorchedda: Mikel is very important to Nigeria just as he is to Chelsea. I keep asking haters if Mikel wasn't a good player anymore why will a high demanding club like Chelsea still keep after every transfer windows summer and winter?? Or is it that he can't be sold or even released since he is as irrelevant as haters claim? Chelsea let go of a lot of players in the last transfer window but Mikel remained and even made a wonderful assist in the hot match against Everton, that should make a statement to the blind folks who see nothing positive

So Mikel is very important to Nigeria and Chelsea, and he spend more time on the bench than on the pitch at Chelsea. Do you remember that Mikel didn't make Siasia's team to Beijing Olympics, yet we won Silver at that tournament, playing some spectacular football on our way to the final without Keshi's irreplaceable Mikel.

Mikel is simply overrated. He is not bringing much to the table. A good coach would have dropped Mikel in order to pass a message to him that he is not indispensible. Unfortunately, we don't have a good coach; we have a gambler as our national team coach.

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by iconize(m): 9:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
Goke7:

the guy feels he has no one competing for his place with him, I think Ogude or john ogu needs to be back in the team to give him some competition, people forgot that ogude was the one doing the dirty job for mikel to blossom in the confederations cup last year when onazi was injured. Guys like emenike, ambrose even omeruo and obaoboana needs players who will compete with them, I tell you they will all sit up, they are just too relaxed. This is not just a keshi's matter alone!Imagine emenike reporting late for camp haba we still get players nah!

I believe everybody in that team needs competition.

Ogu is quality player.
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Kponkwem(m): 9:45pm On Sep 12, 2014
seunlayi: [size=38pt]mikel must go[/size]

You can shout that out. Mikel is the most unskillful, unadventurous, lousy, goal-shy player in Africa today. But in Nigeria, mediocrity is always condoned. If that John Shittu of an agent hadn't hyped him in 95 to pocket millions that man would have found something else to do.

In Chelsea, he quickly signed a five year deal, which ties him to the club and which means selling him will cost Chelsea dear and since no club can loan him, he wouldn't mind remaining on the bench and signing millions of naira each week.
Trust an Igboman as he came home in 2012 to donate N50 million church.
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
Goke7:

word!! I thought I was the only one noticing this all along, onazi especially after the injury at the world cup has no business with the eagles for now, he has been the major problem in the last two matches, throwing useless long balls forward!
Did you notice the time Onazi left his position unprotected and we were hit by a counter attack. Onazi asked signalled Mikel that Mikel should have covered him.

I was like WTF Onazi. Play your role and you would not need Mikel and Nosa leaving their roles to cover you. That is what creates imbalance in our midfield.

Even when Onazi missed the goal opportunity created by Mikel, I asked, is that the position the defensive cover of the defenders should be playing.

Coach Keshi should set Onazi right to play his holding role. He should also bring in Mikel Agu of FC Porto to create competition for Onazi.

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:17pm On Sep 12, 2014
Kponkwem:

You can shout that out. Mikel is the most unskillful, unadventurous, lousy, goal-shy player in Africa today. But in Nigeria, mediocrity is always condoned. If that John Shittu of an agent hadn't hyped him in 95 to pocket millions that man would have found something else to do.

In Chelsea, he quickly signed a five year deal, which ties him to the club and which means selling him will cost Chelsea dear and since no club can loan him, he wouldn't mind remaining on the bench and signing millions of naira each week.
Mikel was rated above Aguero, David Silva, Fabregas in the 2005 U20 World Cup at Netherlands. How did John Shittu hype him. Mikel's performance was so good that journalists gave him good reviews.

Mikel was already being chased by Alex Ferguson before John Shittu became Mikel's agent.

You say Mikel is unskillful. He was the most skillful Nigerian player on the pitch against the South Africans.

If he is unskillful, how could he do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTZDkJ0Rs2U

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
Kponkwem:

The press has recently been calling ngeria`s u20 prodigee john mikel obi the new cantona. I see him more like a cross bw effenberg, viera and valderama. Perhaps the first classical playmaker to come out from his country. confident on the ball, alwas seekng it, hardly losing it and great distribution. Is he then the next big thing?....Megapro in 2005
http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/is-john-mikel-obi-the-one.214010/
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 12, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: The press has recently been calling ngeria`s u20 prodigee john mikel obi the new cantona. I see him more like a cross bw effenberg, viera and valderama. Perhaps the first classical playmaker to come out from his country. confident on the ball, alwas seekng it, hardly losing it and great distribution. Is he then the next big thing?....Megapro in 2005
http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/is-john-mikel-obi-the-one.214010/
bro, forget... You are always defending Mikel. The dude is a quack abeg.

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
2sExy1: bro, forget... You are always defending Mikel. The dude is a quack abeg.
Please name the Nigerian player that played better than Mikel in the match against South Africa. Mikel was second best player of the match behind the 17 (Jali) of South Africa.

How come the second best player of the match is quack. So which Nigerian player was better than Mikel?

Imagine our best player of the match being dissed while players worse than Mikel never get abused.

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by amichaelz101(m): 11:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
homesteady: Keshi has just spoilt my weekend!
Which kind of useless talk is this? I reject it for Nigeria!
ur eng teacher suppose go jail.lol
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by andyanders: 11:48pm On Sep 12, 2014
Mikel and Keshi can go because they are not relevant.Keshi thinks that he is still relevant? He must be dreaming.Same way the press praised him, same way they will destroy him.Useless coach with no brain,
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by samietiene(m): 2:08am On Sep 13, 2014
THANK GOD FOR FOOTBALL. If not 4 football Ronaldo
would be a barber. If not 4 football Messi would still be
serving coffee in a
caféterie. If not 4 football Muntari would be a shoe
cobbler. If not 4 football Mikel would be selling
electronics. If not 4 football Demba ba would be a thrift collector. If not 4 football Balotelli would be importing &
exporting weeds. If not 4 football Di maria would be
acting in mythical
films. If not 4 football Suarez would be___?

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by adexlink(m): 2:17am On Sep 13, 2014
coach steven settlement okechukwu sentiment keshi.....thanks for reminding us about the wealth of experience he has...
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by msmon(m): 2:23am On Sep 13, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: [color=#000099][b]Mikel was rated above Aguero, David Silva, Fabregas in the 2005 U20 World Cup at Netherlands. How did John Shittu hype him. Mikel's performance was so good that journalists gave him good reviews.

Mikel was already being chased by Alex Ferguson...

Unfortunately, all the aforementioned footballers are rated above him now, I stand to be challenged.
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by homesteady(m): 7:14am On Sep 13, 2014
amichaelz101: ur eng teacher suppose go jail.lol
why?
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by undercurrent(m): 7:27am On Sep 13, 2014
samietiene: THANK GOD FOR FOOTBALL. If not 4 football Ronaldo
serving coffee in a
electronics. If not 4 football Demba ba would be a thrift collector. If not 4 football Balotelli would be importing &
acting in mythical
[color=#990000][/color] lol Suarez would still be a footballer.
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 13, 2014
emusmith: #interrupts# You've got nice pair of eyes
thank you.
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 13, 2014
samietiene: THANK GOD FOR FOOTBALL. If not 4 football Ronaldo
serving coffee in a
acting in mythical
A Zombie grin bite and win grin

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by DikSin(m): 8:57am On Sep 13, 2014
emperorchedda: Mikel is very important to Nigeria just as he is to Chelsea. I keep asking haters if Mikel wasn't a good player anymore why will a high demanding club like Chelsea still keep after every transfer windows summer and winter??
I can swear u don't knw what the "BackEnd" of nairaland.com looks like, (that's if u knw what it is in the first place). All u knw is the "FrontEnd".

Now get this straight into ur stiff skull(s)
mikeL obI is the only player rated next to Lionel Messi of today few years ago: meaning mikeL ought to be the only *Black* player "dragging" the World Best Player Award/MVPA with him. Now see what we have...judge for yourself the gap between mikel and Messi. Those long nose bamboon, the white folks: see what they did: they made sure mikeL is been kept far below anything "best". Yes! The Blues kept him, but for a purpose. A purpose traced back to the 1900s whites hatred for any black human; even if you are white "but" have little of black in you like say bloodline, you're doomed. Where's cr when mikel won the second world best award where some even belived he was robbed

Truth is, Chelsea is been financed to keep that white boy (Messi) flying higher at the detriment of johN mikeL obI. The deal is behind the sceen. What u see is just a finished product of the "white conspiracy".

NB: even if they "release mikeL to feature in all major leagues (like they did Messi), he still won't meet up. Messi ti rin sile. The best he can get is competing against cee ronaldO; that's IF he ever made it that far till the end of his football career.

I love Lionel Messi
I love Football especially now that Messi is still very much aroundgrin

#TeamMessi
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:31am On Sep 13, 2014
msmon:

Unfortunately, all the aforementioned footballers are rated above him now, I stand to be challenged.
I did not say Mikel is rated above them now. I am saying Mikel was not hyped up back in 2003 - 2005. He was really good.

Also, not until Coach Kesh, Mikel was never given a chance to play as a creative midfielder. Most of the accolades Mikel has gotten after 2005 was due to Coach Keshi given Mikel a chance. If he is given a chance at club level,he will shine.

Messi would not have won a World Best Award if he was played as a defensive midfielder since 2005.

Look at Yaya Toure before Man City. When Yaya was given a chance at Man City, he became one of the best in the World.
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 13, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: If he is given a chance at club level,he will shine.
says who? angry no let me use NavalDrone.com scatter your face o.

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:42am On Sep 13, 2014
2sExy1: says who? angry no let me use NavalDrone.com scatter your face o.
When Mikel was given a chance by Coach Keshi to play that role, he was nominated as the best player in Africa. Beaten by Yaya, one of the best in the World today. It is not a coincidence.

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by utuwema: 9:53am On Sep 13, 2014
Just training with Chelsea it worth than those having playing time with low level clubs.
sirjohnson: What Is he joking? Wait, that headline is misleading. Keshi never said 'No Eagles Without Mikel'

Okay, Keshi already said today that He might not continue as Eagles coach. Read it Here

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 13, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: When Mikel was given a chance by Coach Keshi to play that role, he was nominated as the best player in Africa. Beaten by Yaya, one of the best in the World today. It is not a coincidence.
angry NavalDrone.com missiles activated... Shut your mouth or get blown away wink

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by sirjohnson(m): 10:03am On Sep 13, 2014
utuwema: Just training with Chelsea it worth than those having playing time with low level clubs.

You made a huge point

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:05am On Sep 13, 2014
2sExy1: angry NavalDrone.com missiles activated... Shut your mouth or get blown away wink
Runs out of thread.

Fearing NavalDrone.com since 1543.
grin
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 13, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Runs out of thread.

Fearing NavalDrone.com since 1543.
grin
lol. That's my latest pick bruv... Don't know if I could hold on much longer or get sale from it. But drone sales are picking up already... 2 nameproser done 17k and 10k recently. DroneRepair.com went for 10k(lennco), DroneData.com went for 17k, (owned Mrcurly). You know them?
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:25am On Sep 13, 2014
2sExy1: lol. That's my latest pick bruv... Don't know if I could hold on much longer or get sale from it. But drone sales are picking up already... 2 nameproser done 17k and 10k recently. DroneRepair.com went for 10k(lennco), DroneData.com went for 17k, (owned Mrcurly). You know them?
I do not know them but it is a good name. Filter your names and pick your personal premiums. You can not hold all. You still need room to take in some more names.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) / Burial Poster Of Mary Ejide, Austin Ejide's Mother (Photos) / Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.