Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,965 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter (26104 Views)

Oscar Pistorius Could Compete At Rio 2016 / Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder / A Nigerian's Open Letter To Oscar Pistorius. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by coogar: 2:02pm On Sep 12, 2014
freecocoa: Where's coogar o? Abeg how many years are we looking at?

maximum = 15 years
minimum = he could go home on a suspended sentence.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by DopeAngel(m): 2:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
zubyzoe: ur wicked!
my pleasure
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by babystathopoulos: 2:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
snika: So how many years is the jail sentence?
[url][/url]
They said the maximum sentence for culpable homicide(manslaughter) is 15years so it's the judge to decides the years he would spent in jail. Some say it might fall between 5-10years

He was also found guilty of second degree of wrong use of firearm something like that sha, the sentence for that is about 5years seperately from the first.

On the 13th of october is the hearing of his sentencing, they would sum both sentences and would serve them concurrently.

NB. Culpable homicide means unintentional but illegally killing a person (CNN)
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Feedmemore(f): 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
Everybody is justifiably outraged at this seeming miscarriage of justice, but like every thing else, we'll stay mad for a minute and then move on to the next outrage. Some are pointing at the south african legal system as if they've never seen such a travesty before.(cough, cough) I'm still doing a double take down here in Florida at the Casey Anthony trial, and I haven't even let my mind wander beyond the sunshine state. Humans very often serve up dishes that are far from just, but it's left up to the rest of us to make the meal served, easier to digest for those who got the cold plate. Speak up and give comfort to those wronged, vote when you get a chance, work to actively change certain laws. I don't know the Steenkamp family, but I have no problem acknowledging their pain and at least thinking about them and keeping them in my prayers.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 12, 2014
When he dies he is going to burn in hell for intentionally shooting Reeva.

Wicked cripple! angry

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by knightsTempler: 2:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
Looks like even a black judge can play to white politics .

" I was in bed , my girlfriend wasn't lying there next to me .....uh ....so I heard a noise ! Wait it MUST BE a burglar , and he locked himself in my bathroom ! So I emptied the clip of my 9mm into the bathroom door ACCIDENTLY killing my girlfriend ", who was found sitting on the bowl -with night clothes NOT pulled up indicating that she was NOT in the bathroom for the usual natural reasons - of course the door was found to be broken "after the discharging of the gun " by means of a cricket bat -ONLY THEN did I discover to my horror , that it was my girlfriend who I shot to death !

If anyone believes that - I got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell them .

5 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
Bwelz:
how u tey noh?
C'mon, how will just walk free after murdering someone.. We agree it was unintentional, but murder was the case and they jailed him..
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by freecocoa(f): 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
coogar:

maximum = 15 years
minimum = he could go home on a suspended sentence.
Suspended sentence? What does that even mean? Jesus!
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by babystathopoulos: 3:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
NairaMode:

No... Why would I insult you? Don't do such. What if you are the one that would help me with that dream job.
It's common to say something doesn't make sense if it doesn't make sense to someone
I just wanted you to clarify.
people would agree with me that what you wrote was not clear cut.

I nor agree with you o, the way you wrote it sound like an insult more than a request to clarify. It would ve been better put if you wrote "I didn't understand you"
Cut long story short, he felt offended even if it wasn't your intent- courtesy demand you just apologize first before trying to justify yourself(no need for that sef)
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by coogar: 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
freecocoa: Suspended sentence? What does that even mean? Jesus!

the sentence would be suspended. he goes home but with conditions attached. if he breaches the agreement, he would go to prison and serve his sentence.

moreover, he could even get a fine.....several thousands of dollars for the crime committed. his lawyers should be able to get him a lighter sentence due to his disability & being a first offender.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
babystathopoulos:

I nor agree with you o, the way you wrote it sound like an insult more than a request to clarify. It would ve been better put if you wrote "I didn't understand you"
Cut long story short, he felt offended even if it wasn't your intent- courtesy demand you just apologize first before trying to justify yourself(no need for that sef)

Are you serious?
Okay what do you think about him saying: "You sound like person pikin". Didn't really get it.

Well I guess we should apologize to each other then.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Forwetinnah: 3:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
knightsTempler: Looks like even a black judge can play to white politics .

" I was in bed , my girlfriend wasn't lying there next to me .....uh ....so I heard a noise ! Wait it MUST BE a burglar , and he locked himself in my bathroom ! So I emptied the clip of my 9mm into the bathroom door ACCIDENTLY killing my girlfriend ", who was found sitting on the bowl -with night clothes NOT pulled up indicating that she was NOT in the bathroom for the usual natural reasons - of course the door was found to be broken "after the discharging of the gun " by means of a cricket bat -ONLY THEN did I discover to my horror , that it was my girlfriend who I shot to death !

If anyone believes that - I got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell them .

Won't be surprised if he placed her on the bowl after shooting her...nobody was there except Pistol and Reeva
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by coogar: 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
Forwetinnah:

Won't be surprised if he placed her on the bowl after shooting her...nobody was there except Pistol and Reeva

did he place the bullets through the door too, perhaps the door was fixed after he killed her. you guys should give it a rest......
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by clem305D(m): 3:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
I had a hunch it would end this way...

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by free2ryhme: 3:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
QMark: Even the longest law movie "Law & Order" is not as long as this case. I can't afford to spend another day after yesterday watching that woman judge run her mouth all day.

But O J simpsons case was longer
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by igbsam(m): 3:41pm On Sep 12, 2014
Delafruita: t was the most likely judgement.murder is difficult to prove beyond reasonable doubt especially in a case with poor witnesses and good defense attorneys.I said it at the beginning of this trial thatnhe woulnt be convicted of murder but coukd face jail time one some if the other charges

Rightly said
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Forwetinnah: 3:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
SeaGold:

It was a clear premeditated murder done professionally. He shot the girl at close range, close the door behind him and shoot at the door sporadically. In the eyes of the law he ain't guilty cos prosecution cannot establish any case but in conscience he acted despicable ending a life provocatively.

He was charged for murder and should be discharged and acquitted. All these phantom charges of manslaughter and culpable homicide should not suffice since it wasn't the case entered. If they need to establish a case on those ground, they need to file fresh charges on them.

I ain't learned but trying to make a discernment from a novice point of view ooh. Superior argument can suffice if need be!

I hope the state/prosecutors files an appeal and be ready next time with concrete evidence. The fact that the trigger happy cripple has been going around with his 9 milimeter pistol firing shots in different restaurants, parties and cars without provocation is proof enough that he's an impulsive killer...The Oscar winning actor should be given more pistols after all he's a national Hero in SA

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Forwetinnah: 3:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
coogar:

Did he place the bullets through the door too, perhaps the door was fixed after he killed her. you guys should give it a rest......

undecided
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by 19naia(m): 4:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
So which prison experience will he get? The Good , the bad or the Ugly?

here are two prison scenarios, one of rehabilitation and the other of pure hell chaos

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDOZ5Bk2tU8

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5whh-2ZVVeU
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by tonte(m): 4:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
SA with it's high crime rate and his disability as well, makes him have a need to carry a firearm should in case a burglar breaks into his home and his legs are far from him and he can't run...his only option then would be to defend himself with the firearm...but his shooting of his babe is just something nobody can really explain

NairaMode: Funny thing a bout this case is if it were an ordinary citizen anywhere in the world, the case wouldn't take this long.
It's so painful that with the guys challenges and the wealth that the Almighty God gave to him and his talent, this is what would eventually become of his faith.
What did he need a gun for in the first place?

My guess is the girl broke the news that she was calling the relationship quit. Nigga was embittered and pop pop he shot the soul. Framed all the screams and kept giving different lies upon lies during the trial. Cried several times to connect with the jury's emotions and the world over but in the end justice prevailed.

Law and justice is a little tricky. Who agrees with me that this guy may actually not be guilty but in law they deal with evidences, circumstances and witnesses account.
I recommend a book titled: "A certain justice" by PD James. Ohhh!!! When I used to read novels.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by freecocoa(f): 5:00pm On Sep 12, 2014
coogar:

the sentence would be suspended. he goes home but with conditions attached. if he breaches the agreement, he would go to prison and serve his sentence.

moreover, he could even get a fine.....several thousands of dollars for the crime committed. his lawyers should be able to get him a lighter sentence due to his disability & being a first offender.
Na wa o, I don't even know what to say again.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by coogar: 5:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
freecocoa: Na wa o, I don't even know what to say again.

you don't know what so again apart from you wanting him to go to prison by fire by force. wait a minute, do you know this guy somewhere? why are you so bent in seeing him in prison clothes? cheesy
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Trojan00(m): 5:45pm On Sep 12, 2014
QMark: Even the longest law movie "Law & Order" is not as long as this case. I can't afford to spend another day after yesterday watching that woman judge run her mouth all day.
maybe u dnt knw the Nigerian legal system that's y u talking like this

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by freecocoa(f): 6:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
coogar:

you don't know what so again apart from you wanting him to go to prison by fire by force. wait a minute, do you know this guy somewhere? why are you so bent in seeing him in prison clothes? cheesy
His actions cost someone's life, isn't that enough? angry

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by babystathopoulos: 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
NairaMode:

Are you serious?
Okay what do you think about him saying: "You sound like person pikin". Didn't really get it.

Well I guess we should apologize to each other then.
Obviously you didn't get him.... He was hailing you(your comment), a pigin slang to commend someone or so...wait a minute.. Did you grow up in 9ja? If yes do you speak pigin? Or you be ajebutter grin
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Timotos: 7:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
snika: So how many years is the jail sentence?

25 years in jail
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by metalliccards(f): 9:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
truth is i really dnt know what 2 think right now, what if it was all a mistake/ what if it was all a planed out script. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by coogar: 9:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
freecocoa: His actions cost someone's life, isn't that enough? angry

accidents happen all the time - he's not different to thousands of drunk drivers that kill people on the road everytime.

he made a mistake - it wasn't intentional!
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by annice2014: 10:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
tongue
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by LordReed(m): 10:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
Slymonster: manslaughter has a minimum years of 15 but he can appeal it...lol if it was naija,murder na murder as far person die and na you kill am......Our justice system need to learn from this...

There is manslaughter in Nigerian law.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
SeaGold:

It was a clear premeditated murder done professionally. He shot the girl at close range, close the door behind him and shoot at the door sporadically. In the eyes of the law he ain't guilty cos prosecution cannot establish any case but in conscience he acted despicable ending a life provocatively.

He was charged for murder and should be discharged and acquitted. All these phantom charges of manslaughter and culpable homicide should not suffice since it wasn't the case entered. If they need to establish a case on those ground, they need to file fresh charges on them.

I ain't learned but trying to make a discernment from a novice point of view ooh. Superior argument can suffice if need be!

Nope! Sorry, doesn't work that way. Its not a toss of coin or a roll of the dice. The prosecutors aren't stupid, they knew it would be a long-drawn cat and mouse affair. They brought up murder first because its the "truthful perspective" which they couldn't prove materially, but they knew that already! They defense was gonna beat it down to what we've witnessed so far: Manslaughter. So, all in all, they've tried their best. Oscar has to serve his time and kiss his athletic career goodbye.

But then, if an intruder really enters your house, the last place he or she is gonna be or be found is in the bathroom! Or is the bathroom the entrance to the house?
Also, u can hardly spook or surprise an intruder, because he or she is the intruder! You will hardly get a fighting chance. And most intruders are armed and won't hesitate to use it. So...sorry bro. My Oscar goes to...OBASANJO'S SON
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
Seun: It's a maximum of 15 years but he could get 7 to 10 years. The judgement sounds very fair to me. He was careless and someone died.

He was (d)evil and Reeva died.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Football Fans Who Broke Referee's Head After Match In Bauchi Arrested. Photos / Nigerian U-20 Players In Europe That Are Making Waves / Full List Of Nigerian Medalists At The 2022 Commonwealth Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.