Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,132 members, 7,953,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:25 PM

Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder (33805 Views)

Oscar Pistorius Could Compete At Rio 2016 / Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter / A Nigerian's Open Letter To Oscar Pistorius. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by PhockPhockMan: 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
PRETORIA, South Africa — The Paralympic athlete Oscar Pistorius has been found not guilty of the two gravest murder charges against him.

But, breaking for lunch on Thursday after a morning of sometimes unbearable suspense that left Mr. Pistorius heaving with sobs, the judge in the case, Thokozile Matilda Masipa, kept open the possibility that Mr. Pistorius might still be found guilty of a lesser charge, culpable homicide.

Calmly and coolly taking up piece after piece of evidence, dismissing some, discounting others, offering practical interpretations of still more, Judge Masipa said that although Mr. Pistorius made a poor and evasive witness, she found large parts of his story credible. Most significantly, she said it seemed — or at least that the prosecution had been unable to prove otherwise — that when he shot and killed his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, 29, through a bathroom door in February 2013, Mr. Pistorius genuinely believed that intruders had broken into his home and were hiding in the bathroom at the time.

Sitting in a wooden dock in a dark suit, white shirt and black tie, Mr. Pistorius slumped forward and sobbed as the judge spoke

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/09/12/world/africa/oscar-pistorius-south-africa-verdict.html?_r=0&referrer=

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Itydee(m): 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
Lucky guy. Same happened to OJ Simpson.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by bizngr(f): 1:40pm On Sep 11, 2014

This is LAW... No sentiments!

The prosecutors lacked substantial evidence to convince the judge (and me) beyond reasonable doubt that OP intentionally murdered his girlfriend.

Let Oscars conscience be his judge! Simple...

46 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
Whaooooooo

RIP to the dead ooooooo.

She died wrongfully.

Too badt.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Idrismusty97(m): 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
Of course he wouldn't be found guilty.... Not after employing the best lawyers in the world.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
Fraud of the highest order!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by HonourablePomk: 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
They knew this and kept him waiting this long

8 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Oyetboy(m): 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
he evaded jail...

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Firefire(m): 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
Good to hear
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by MEILYN(m): 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
I told my brother that this guy would be released and he was actually doubting me. The second rope will not hook him. 24hours isn't far from now.

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by klassic(m): 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
Make them finish the judgement Sha. Make I see if the second rope go hold am abi e go still jump am pass. Fast runner and jumper. # jump am pass grin

4 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Abbeyunique2(m): 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
he won't go Scot free. I know that for sure
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by customised13: 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
It just clearly shows that the prosecution was not able to provide enough evidence for a murder conviction.

It goes a long way to show that people are innocent until pronounced guilty in a court of law.

He still has to wait another to 24 hours to see if he would be cleared of culpable homicide.

9 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by tyson55(m): 1:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
Sounds like he'll be STUMPING to freedom.... poor girl hooked up with the wrong Golden Goose!

21 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by boofydon: 1:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
Had the feeling he would be let off the hook. Get the best lawyers, hope your prosecutor present a weak case and you will always be found "not guilty" tongue.
Only God knows the true story. Congrats to his legal team

10 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by roufy235(m): 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
good for him
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Jimfender(m): 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
If this guy really killed his girlfriend ....
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by jireh250: 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
Kai na wa o
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ok.space
booked incase of next time tongue
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Elnino4ladies: 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
Space booked
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by stevecantrell: 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Aitee1: 1:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
Haba...I'm not watching but those commenting on the live verdict thread said the case has been adjourned till 9 am tomorrow

Op are u sure of what u're saying

I don't wish him dead but then I hate the 'law'. It can be so twisted to set the accused free, too bad!!!

I wonder how many judges will make heaven tho...
R.I.P once again to the death!

5 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by mlanreh: 1:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
M so happy for him cool
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by tyson55(m): 1:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
The view I formed from watching the trial was that Pistorius is guilty of murder but the judge has to go on the evidence and what she is has said is that the prosecution failed to prove its case beyond reasonable doubt. Yes, Pistorius shot at the bathroom door, knowing he would kill someone but in the absence of proof (other than his own evidence) how can she conclude that he knew Reeva Steenkamp was behind the door?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
Dam it! This guy will walk, the worse that will happen is he gets few years behind bars.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
Itydee: Lucky guy. Same happened to OJ Simpson.

OJ's case was different. The prosecutors (police) tampered with evidence(s), and the great Johnnie Cochran (R.I.P), Robert Kardashian and the rest of the team were able to build a solid defense against that.

However, in this case, there was absolutely no way the prosecutors would've won by trying to go for premeditated murder. They had no case from the get-go. I still don't know how they thought they could prove beyond reasonable doubt that it was premeditated without substantial evidence about how he planned it, to be honest.

Out.

19 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by MrKnowitall: 1:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
Man kills his girlfriend in cold blood...found not guilty. Man hits his wife in an elevator...loses everything. I don't understand this crazy world, this crazy perplexing world.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by MARKone(m): 1:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
Story for the Gods

Lady justice, is surely blind grin
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Funbii(m): 1:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
He may yet be found guilty. This is only the
verdict as to premeditated murder, but something tells me he will get away all the same.
But its ridiculous, just because he DIDN’T CONFESS, you can’t find him guilty. You consider the evidence and you make the determination based on that. His story was utterly laughable. FAIR?? To whom? Certainly not to that poor woman that he murdered in cold blood. Just another example of a famous, rich man getting away with murdering a woman with little or no consequences.

8 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Donkunxex(m): 1:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
since 2013,,,I thought there's someting they call "THE LIE DETECTOR!". .. ain't watchinq trisha again...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Ikbobby(m): 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
The Law is about being able to Provide Clear cut evidence.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Referee Fernando Hernandez Kicks Lucas Romero In Groin For Demanding VAR Review / Ronaldo Shares Training Pictures To Announce His Return From Injury / "Up Next Wembley, E Choke" Iheanacho Reacts To Brace Against Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.