Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,808 members, 7,817,344 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

The Ebola Virus And Why You Should Not Panic - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Ebola Virus And Why You Should Not Panic (539 Views)

See Picture Of The Ebola Suspected Quarantined Nurse Who Escaped To Enugu / Ebola Is Here: 5 Reasons Not To Panic / What We Need To Know About Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Ebola Virus And Why You Should Not Panic by DJurry(m): 10:48am On Sep 12, 2014
When a case of the Ebola Virus was reported in Lagos, Nigeria, panic rose from the hearts of Nigerians. I could sense the tension in the news, on the social media and even around me. This is quite human for no one wants to die.
If I'm not mistaken, the security agencies have "contained" this outbreak at that entry spot of immigrants into the country. I believe what's circulating now is NOT the disease but FEAR of the disease. Be calm & relaxed.

To keep you at ease anyways, I'd like to share with you information I got from a reliable source about the Ebola Virus. If you know about it already, great! This will be a reminder.

How Is The Virus Spread?

The incubation period (inactive period) for Ebola Virus ranges from 2 to 21 days so the infected person will appear healthy. The infection isn't spread during this period until the patient shows some symptoms which you'll learn below. The virus is spread only by direct contact with blood, sweat, saliva, urine & semen of infected person or animal e.g bats or monkeys.

Symptoms..

Headache, Cough, Tiredness, Fever, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea (frequent stooling) & Bleeding (from the nose & mouth).

Precautions..

Since there are no approved vaccines for the disease yet, prevention is the best action to take. Observe these practices below..

1. Wash your hands often with a mild soap & warm water for they often carry harmful germs & viruses. You may use hand sanitizers.

2. Boost your immunity to repel germs & viruses. Add fresh fruits, vegetables & balanced meals to your daily diet.

3. Avoid contact with wild animals.

4. Avoid sharing sharp objects that has touched the skin of other people e.g blades, needles, scissors & hair clippers.

5. Use chlorine-based disinfectant such as bleach for general cleaning at home and in the office.

6. Minimize contact with ill persons and overcrowded areas.

7. Avoid personal contact with dead bodies.

8. Avoid consumption of raw animal products like blood, meat & milk.

9. Report symptoms to a reputable health centre.

Note that salt does not in any way prevent or cure the Ebola disease.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you want a natural alternative to boosting your immunity, I recommend food supplements for you. Consider African Potato and/or Immune Booster made in South-Africa and NAFDAC-approved.
To know more, learn about them online or send me a mail.

(1) (Reply)

New Bug, Marburg Fever Emerges In Uganda, Kills One. / Hiv+ve? You Need This More Than Anyone. / Ebola: LASG Pledges N50m To First Consultants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.