Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered (2417 Views)

Gov Amaechi Like Taking Risk...(photos) / 'I Knew When Gov. Amaechi Was Wearing A Cloth Everyday For 3 Days' - FFK / Gov. Amaechi Visits Lamido In Jigawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by Dahkogrin007(m): 6:45pm On Sep 12, 2014
Sabinus Ordu, uncle of Governor Rotimi Amaechi of
Rivers State has been murdered by unknown
persons at his farm in Ubima, Ikwerre local
government area of the state on Monday 8
September.
Ordu, until his death was the Vice Principal of
Community Secondary School, CSS, Aluu in
Ikwerre.
According to Mrs Ibim Semenitari, Commissioner
for Information and Communications, although
Governor Amaechi and late Ordu are of the same
grandparent, the governor regards him as his
uncle.
Narrating the incident she said when Ordu returned
from work he had his lunch and then left the house
on his motorbike to check his traps at his farm in
Ubima but did not return home.
At about 8:00 p.m. a search party set out to find
him. They however found his body dismembered
beside a bush path.
The matter has been reported to police.
On whether the family or government read political
motive to the gruesome muurder, Mrs Semenitari
said: “The man is the Vice Principal of a school
and a quiet civil servant. He is not a card carrying
member of APC and he is not a contractor.
Naturally, as a governor’s relation he may be
sympathetic to the governor’s political beliefs but
nothing more.
“But we are hesitant to think that the gruesome
murder is politically motivated. All fingers point to
that fact but we need to be cautious. This to us is
ominous, especially now that the elections are
around the corner,” she said.
“The governor has refused to comment on the
murder because the victim is his relation,”
Semenatiri said.
She however said that “the government enjoins the
police to unravel the killers and they should they
should be brought to book. This should not be one
such killings that will join the league of unresolved
murders and other heinous crimes in the country,”
she stated.
Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by Chubhie: 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
Life seems so cheap in Nigeria. We are officially back into the state of nature.
Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by tit(f): 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
what weapon inflicted the wounds?
was he attacked by an animal or with a machete?
was the dis-membering defensive wounds?
any cattle-rearers in the area?
land dispute? maybe the amaechis are using their new-found powers to expand their boundaries.

a political hit is likely to use guns.
they could use knives to cover up.
any gunshot wounds apart from the knife wounds?

3 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by Dreambeat: 7:53pm On Sep 12, 2014
Politics!!Wonder what 2015 will look like. May God help us,his children

1 Like

Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by zurine(f): 7:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
hmm
Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by bacca2: 8:00pm On Sep 12, 2014
Oh not again... We don't need the return of assassination in Rivers State.
Condolence to Amaechi Family and the Ikwerre Nation

RIP

1 Like

Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
Jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh angry
Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by Kponkwem(m): 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
So sad
Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 12, 2014
at least post the source na

no media is carrying this news to my knowledge
Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by Balkan(m): 10:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
R I P to the dead.
my condolence to Rumuamechi the governor
Rumuikwerre people

1 Like

Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by jking001(m): 10:49pm On Sep 12, 2014
Nah wah sha if am governor,i would upgrade security around my family members and even upgrade their lives,imagine governors uncle going to check trap.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by hardywaltz(m): 12:04am On Sep 13, 2014
Keneking: Jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh angry
Please don't be silly please.

jking001: Nah wah sha if am governor,i would upgrade security around my family members and even upgrade their lives,imagine governors uncle going to check trap.

That's why u will neva be Governor!!
The man chose to live a simple lyf and u see it as a crime coz he didn't join in stealing the state blind like the Orji's are doing in Abia State.
Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by shizzleStar: 12:16am On Sep 13, 2014
let the senseless accusation begin

^ok its started already, frustrated FOOLS everywhere

1 Like

Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by brainpower(m): 4:37am On Sep 13, 2014
Its a pity actually, the man isn't a politician or a contractor. But let's shift from looking at this as political a bit. First of all I am from that region and I know how far some men can go because of land issues or possibly he caught someone trying to steal his meat and it could be his rival. But on a second note, someone just mentioned Fulani and I'm nt trying to sound tribalistic, it has happened before around there and is still happening everywhere in this country. If you are alone and you see a fulani man rearing his cattles around your farm, go back and get more people cos if you confront him alone, they make kill you and run away. Human life doesn't mean anything to them. Just don't let them feel threatened when you are alone.

1 Like

Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by akumada1: 6:21am On Sep 13, 2014
brainpower: Its a pity actually, the man isn't a politician or a contractor. But let's shift from looking at this as political a bit. First of all I am from that region and I know how far some men can go because of land issues or possibly he caught someone trying to steal his meat and it could be his rival. But on a second note, someone just mentioned Fulani and I'm nt trying to sound tribalistic, it has happened before around there and is still happening everywhere in this country. If you are alone and you see a fulani man rearing his cattles around your farm, go back and get more people cos if you confront him alone, they make kill you and run away. Human life doesn't mean anything to them. Just don't let them feel threatened when you are alone.
Tnx man
Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by Daguccizgreat(m): 6:51am On Sep 13, 2014
Aluu....land of mysterious death
Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by Horlawoomey(m): 7:05am On Sep 13, 2014
RIP to the dead but that SEMENITARI name is funny to me, Nigerdeltans and their funny nomenclatures
Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 7:07am On Sep 13, 2014

This is getting out of hand. Kenerex, hold fire abeg! grin My condolence to the Amaechis. Let this dastard act not be related to politics. I desire politics without bitterness in this country?
Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 13, 2014
NIGERIALOLoCOM:

This is getting out of hand. Kenerex, hold fire abeg! grin

Yes Sir.
Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by size38: 7:20am On Sep 13, 2014
Too bad killing and wasting innocent blood
Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by moyinoluwabun(m): 7:35am On Sep 13, 2014
People are wicked, condolence to Amaechi and congrats to Joseph Mbu that he's no longer Rivers CP else, Amaechi would av roped him in. Let d killer not die again.
Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by wisolf(m): 9:45am On Sep 13, 2014
At least we are all reminded of Aluu again undecided
Re: Gov Amaechi’s Uncle Murdered, Dismembered by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 13, 2014
Hay Peee See.....Deceiving Nigerians since rthe days of Tinubu

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Richest African Presidents 2014 / On Peter Obi, Abagworo Has Been Vindicated. / It Has Been A Long Time!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.