Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Thread for South Korea prospective students - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread for South Korea prospective students (534490 Views)

Nigerians In South Korea / Any Prospective Students For University Of Essex, Southend On Sea Campus? / South Korea Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by mryoung16: 3:46pm On Mar 18, 2017
[quote author=Shakitibob0 post=54710198]my brother... I don day follow you talk for backyard[/quote

chiaa,what happened bro.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Rapahel1116: 5:17pm On Mar 18, 2017
My question is pls!!!! Our brothers there.....is there part time jobs like cleaning,restaurant works ,oil station ,cashier ,baby sitting or any kind of part time jobs for students dat pays hourly like in the UK, or Germany or US ? Dat one can do wen he's not on break ?cos dia factory work na for holiday oh
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by NONNYG: 5:25pm On Mar 18, 2017
mryoung16:

@shakitibobo, bro how far? have you submitted your visa application? i finally made it to Korea like this.
congrats
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by mryoung16: 7:52am On Mar 19, 2017
NONNYG:
congrats

Thanks NONNYG
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by saipn: 10:40am On Mar 19, 2017
mryoung16:

Thanks NONNYG
congrats bro
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by NONNYG: 1:28pm On Mar 19, 2017
Mr Young, check ur pm
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by lionlee216(m): 6:31am On Mar 20, 2017
WILL10:

There is really no harm in dreaming.....but there are consequences if u don't make a move after ur dreams.
Cheers guys.

I love this

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Gilbenex: 10:59pm On Mar 20, 2017
Mr Young congrats where did you apply for visa Lagos or Abuja?
mryoung16:

@shakitibobo, bro how far? have you submitted your visa application? i finally made it to Korea like this.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by mryoung16: 7:40am On Mar 21, 2017
Gilbenex:
Mr Young congrats where did you apply for visa Lagos or Abuja?

Thanks boss, i applied through Abuja route
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by CaptPlanet(m): 12:12pm On Mar 21, 2017
Hello guys. Lovely thread. Keep up the good work.

I'm interested in going for an msc program in SK and I have a couple of questions.
As regards fees, i'm interested in a very affordable school where I can do an MBA or International business. Must I take the english test like Ielts/toefl?

As regards jobs, i'm getting the vibes that its just engineering students will get to practice or get good paying jobs that are not factory jobs. Do I stand a chance to get an office job with my course?

Thatnks

Cc: Will10, acadollar
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by uckennety(m): 7:45pm On Mar 21, 2017
I wish to come to S.korea and get a job is it possible?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by uckennety(m): 12:10am On Mar 22, 2017
dunk2011:
I will not discourage anyone from going to korea ...me self i like korea ...i enjoy myself ..but i was ona different level ..i was sponsored and housing was paid too... na just enjoyment i just dey enjoy..
For u to enter korea someone need to be responsible for u ...

One thing i like abt korea is the diversity ....stay away from lrish girls hehehe.....

Can u give me 1st hand information about s.korea
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by uckennety(m): 12:15am On Mar 22, 2017
chisco82:

It means you have to leave if you dont want your visa to expire.
But you can apply for an assylum paper which will enable to to be renewing ur stay, that will also afford you to work and if your assylum stays upto one year you can apply for working permitthrough ur place of work or you can enrol into korean language school and be using student visa so the school will be extending your visa.
Another thing is what kind of visa is the person going to get for you. Please ask him there are some visa or some conference to Nigeria is not eligible to.

Pls am coming to s.korea wid a tourist visa am coming to hustle any ideas
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 4:29am On Mar 22, 2017
mylollipop:
What is the fate of D4 visa holders?Can they get jobs easily and what type of jobs are they entitle to?

D4 holders are officially NOT ALLOWED to work until after completing 6-months. be it as PT or FT.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 4:40am On Mar 22, 2017
CaptPlanet:
Hello guys. Lovely thread. Keep up the good work.

I'm interested in going for an msc program in SK and I have a couple of questions.
As regards fees, i'm interested in a very affordable school where I can do an MBA or International business. Must I take the english test like Ielts/toefl?

As regards jobs, i'm getting the vibes that its just engineering students will get to practice or get good paying jobs that are not factory jobs. Do I stand a chance to get an office job with my course?

Thatnks

Cc: Will10, acadollar

1. Make a thorough check on the platform and review some previously mentioned Univs. Also kinda stick tightly with googledotcom.

2. For MBA or Msc....English test score is a must. But some Univs(specifically privates) could have it waived for you. Do have a check on that too.

3. There are collar jobs for everyone here after studies especially in high-brow cities of SK, but major checks would be your graduation avrg points scale, your skill-set and your level of integration(able to speak fluent Korean would be a major plus here).

3 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 4:58am On Mar 22, 2017
FAQ 8

I greet you in 37 languages sir!

My story long oo but sha in summary, i have been dumped, duped, forsaken, laughed at but Jesus never fail me yet so i think it's not over yet! Its either i live for it or i die for it.
On point :
1) I have ND (cgpa 3.10/4)

2) HND (cgpa 2.78) one lecturer lost my script and gave me "C" on 12Credit unit course he was handling...

3) i wrote IELTS exam and Scored: Speaking: 7.5, Reading:5.5, Writing:7.5, Listening:6.5 Total=6.5.

4) I have NECO (pure sciences including further maths) and made a nice result in one seating.

I have been hustling (employed without employment letter but i can get it from my boss if you require it) with some "one man company" sha where i have gained experience.

I studied MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (PRODUCTION OPTION ) at *** and finished 2013. I am also done with NYSC from 2015-2016. I will be 27years by November this year.

What are my best chances in furthering my education at KIT?
Masters/Language or Bsc (Maybe i can continue from like year 3 or so)?
I have seen your post on Nairaland.com. my username is ***

I would prefer masters or PGD but i relay on your guidiance and will follow stricktly whatever instruction you would give me.
I love your personality and would like to have a closer relationship and never wiuld take ut forgranted if you let me.
Find as attached, my international passport.
I beseech you to kindly find time out of your busy schedule to attend to me.

Hi ***,

Thanks for writing me.
You sure have a quite competitive profile, but you certainly would require a 4-year Bachelor Degree with an even more competitive Grade-points to come here (at KIT) for Masters program.
I suggest you to consider coming over to SK with the Language program admission, and then take your time to navigate and make the best future academic decision-path for yourself while on the program. You can also consider directly going for a 4-year bachelors degree as your only alternative.

However, the Language Program for the Sept. 2017 Batch intakes would be available by May for aplications.

For clarity sakes,
1. SK Univs. does not recognize HND/ND certificates here for direct-entry level admission into a Masters degree program. You must either have a bachelor degree (for Masters admission) or have a School cert/ND (for Undergraduate admission).

2. Please check this link to know more about the requirements for KIT Language and other programs. http://eng.kumoh.ac/e_new/sub03/Admission%20Guide.php

3. Jobs don't come easy here during classes 'cos you will be very busy with classwork and exams. So bring enough money to last you till semester-end. You can easily get jobs after each semester-end and save very well enough before next resumption.

Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 5:23am On Mar 22, 2017
FAQ 9

Hi brother

I have successful completed payments of tuition fee and admission letter would be sent out on Monday....

Please how were you able to get a good flight deal on wakanow?

And also about Bta, did you get it from travellex?
I really do not understand this Bta thing well ooo....Does it have a range like the minimum and maximum I should hold...
Or any amount goes?

The sender and I have been in regular chat prior to this

Good....Congrats!

1. Compare the flight cost from your preferred location and other locations in Naija and settle for the best one for you. In my case (Abuja n Lagos locations were my considerations).

2. BTA - Basic Travel Allowance.
It is usually applicable before the coming of credit cards facility and ATM cards and it's more suited for Business Visa holders traveling to buy n sell goods. However, students do not need to carry certain amount called BTA. Just tell whosoever asks that you have paid your fees and have a few more in your ATM card or would do wire transfer from your parents for upkeep. Period.

I only had few physical cash on me as BTA.

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 5:39am On Mar 22, 2017
FAQ 10

Sir willy

Good day....hope you are good?

Please I have this question..

1. I am using my personal account's statement though I have a registered business name with which I operate. But all money earned from my business are paid into my personal account.

What documents do you feel I should add to make all my dealings legitimate?

Do I still need a tax clearance?(I do not have one presently)

2. I am backing my statement with the statement from my uncle's company account...do I need a sponsorship letter in the name of my uncle or his business instead? Do I also need tax clearance here?

3.You posted on nairaland that itinerary is not needed prior to visa application... Is this claim still valid?

Hello ***,

1. Use the account with which you have significant cash and cash-flow associated with and most importantly; the one that bears your legal names, and you do not require any tax clearance for that.

2. Letter of sponsorship should be used for which-ever bank account details your uncle submits. If he uses his business account, then LOS should fly on that account and must include tax clearance(since it's a corporate /business account). However, supporting documents (Like IDs, family-link and sponsorship letter) should fly in his own name and certified by the Court.

3. As at the time of my applications, Yes, flight itinerary is not required.

Finally, Make a visit to the SK Embassy in Lagos once or twice just to cross-check with their current visa rules before submission.

Regards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by CaptPlanet(m): 10:29am On Mar 22, 2017
WILL10:

1. Make a thorough check on the platform and review some previously mentioned Univs. Also kinda stick tightly with googledotcom.

2. For MBA or Msc....English test score is a must. But some Univs(specifically privates) could have it waived for you. Do have a check on that too.

3. There are collar jobs for everyone here after studies especially in high-brow cities of SK, but major checks would be your graduation avrg points scale, your skill-set and your level of integration(able to speak fluent Korean would be a major plus here).

Thanks a lot bro. I appreciate
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
uckennety:

Pls am coming to s.korea wid a tourist visa am coming to hustle any ideas
No wahalla, halla me as soon as u comes in.
Neccesary helps u need will be available for u.
You got nothing to worry about bro.

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Rapahel1116: 11:05pm On Mar 22, 2017
Pls sir I sent u a pm .pls reply back sir
WILL10:
FAQ 9

Hi brother

I have successful completed payments of tuition fee and admission letter would be sent out on Monday....

Please how were you able to get a good flight deal on wakanow?

And also about Bta, did you get it from travellex?
I really do not understand this Bta thing well ooo....Does it have a range like the minimum and maximum I should hold...
Or any amount goes?

The sender and I have been in regular chat prior to this

Good....Congrats!

1. Compare the flight cost from your preferred location and other locations in Naija and settle for the best one for you. In my case (Abuja n Lagos locations were my considerations).

2. BTA - Basic Travel Allowance.
It is usually applicable before the coming of credit cards facility and ATM cards and it's more suited for Business Visa holders traveling to buy n sell goods. However, students do not need to carry certain amount called BTA. Just tell whosoever asks that you have paid your fees and have a few more in your ATM card or would do wire transfer from your parents for upkeep. Period.

I only had few physical cash on me as BTA.

Cheers
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by uckennety(m): 11:13pm On Mar 22, 2017
chisco82:

No wahalla, halla me as soon as u comes in.
Neccesary helps u need will be available for u.
You got nothing to worry about bro.

Abeg mk I inbox u 4 ur email! So I can gt ur contact
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 11:19pm On Mar 22, 2017
uckennety:

Abeg mk I inbox u 4 ur email! So I can gt ur contact
Alright.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by uckennety(m): 11:30pm On Mar 22, 2017
chisco82:

Alright.

I don inbox am waiting 4 u to reeply
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Janepatricks: 11:39pm On Mar 22, 2017
jugreency3:

Thank u sir. But that Language nor go easy o. Na drawing o. I may be wrong sha but i just fi it wont be easy. How i wish it was french. But i believe my nija pals sha, they can learn anything to get what they want.
Who wants to go for admission in may let's start talking about it bec its here o.
please I have a problem nd I need help asap I hv a friend who worked in south korea 13 yrs in a factory but he is trying to go back but they are saying he can't go back till after 5 yrs pls help ns throw more light on this
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 4:00am On Mar 23, 2017
Janepatricks:
please I have a problem nd I need help asap I hv a friend who worked in south korea 13 yrs in a factory but he is trying to go back but they are saying he can't go back till after 5 yrs pls help ns throw more light on this

Your friend have probably flouted the SK visa rules(often for illegal or overstay cases), while on his first sojourn here and then banned until after 5-years for re-entry into Korea. He apparently cannot do anything about it other than wait until after 5-years. And if he tries to move to other notable/lucrative countries with same passport, it would ring an alarm!
Read more here: http://www.koreatimes.co/www/news/nation/2016/03/116_201217.html

We must all keep educating ourselves, friends and family on the consequences of our current actions and/or inaction.

Overhere, Africans(especially my fellow Nigerians),flout the SK visa rules with so much ease and dis-regard to the SK system, and their actions will come back haunting them later and pitiably haunt others with genuine interest of coming to S. Korea as well. At-least 4 people i have been in-touch with have had their visa applications rejected even after submitting all the necessarily and required documentations, and this is possibly 'cos of the actions/inaction of the bad eggs already here.

Just a couple of months ago, a Nigerian was found guilty in collaboration with two other foreigners (on the run) for raping an Irish lady after a night club meet-ups over here. These are not good news to the ears. We must keep educating ourselves, family n friends.
Do the needful, have a legal status when in a foreign country and keep away from crimes and criminality, 'cos no short-cuts to success. It is that simple!

NB: Please do not be slighted by my burst-out here Dear Janepatricks. I just felt the need to use your friend's situation as a referral to buttress my point about illegality, crimes and criminality of our Bros n Sis down here, 'cos when a finger points at others, at-least 3 more fingers points back at the same person.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 4:03am On Mar 23, 2017
Rapahel1116:
Pls sir I sent u a pm .pls reply back sir

I don't do PMs. Sorry!
Please leave a message here or send me an email if it is too confidential.

Cheers
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by danggy(m): 4:57am On Mar 23, 2017
acadollar:
There has been thread for so many countries with none for south korea.
You can ask questions if you wish to come here,
Its not a bad place afterall and you can work legally even as student after your ist 6 months of coming and having a good grades.
But is not an english speaking country.
If you have enough money, you can invest and obtain a business visa.please am new here...I want know if there's any conference next month

Feel free to ask questions.
Nigerians with bad image, drugs, terrorism and money issues, please back off, the hustle is real here.

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by danggy(m): 5:09am On Mar 23, 2017
Please, I really want to learn something here..how possible is it for someone to get a conference visa with none appearance?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Janepatricks: 8:59am On Mar 23, 2017
Please my brothers living in sk nd he worked for close to 13yrs till he came bk to nigeria nd he is planning to go back but they said since he is a foreigner he overstayed nd as such he as to stay In nigeria nd try again after 5 yrs pls need answers
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Janepatricks: 9:09am On Mar 23, 2017
Janepatricks:
WILL10:

Your friend have probably flouted the SK visa rules(often for illegal or overstay cases), while on his first sojourn here and then banned until after 5-years for re-entry into Korea. He apparently cannot do anything about it other than wait until after 5-years. And if he tries to move to other notable/lucrative countries with same passport, it would ring an alarm!
Read more here: http://www.koreatimes.co/www/news/nation/2016/03/116_201217.html

We must all keep educating ourselves, friends and family on the consequences of our current actions and/or inaction.

Overhere, Africans(especially my fellow Nigerians),flout the SK visa rules with so much ease and dis-regard to the SK system, and their actions will come back haunting them later and pitiably haunt others with genuine interest of coming to S. Korea as well. At-least 4 people i have been in-touch with have had their visa applications rejected even after submitting all the necessarily and required documentations, and this is possibly 'cos of the actions/inaction of the bad eggs already here.

Just a couple of months ago, a Nigerian was found guilty in collaboration with two other foreigners (on the run) for raping an Irish lady after a night club meet-ups over here. These are not good news to the ears. We must keep educating ourselves, family n friends.
Do the needful, have a legal status when in a foreign country and keep away from crimes and criminality, 'cos no short-cuts to success. It is that simple!

NB: Please do not be slighted by my burst-out here Dear Janepatricks. I just felt the need to use your friend's situation as a referral to buttress my point about illegality, crimes and criminality of our Bros n Sis down here, 'cos when a finger points at others, at-least 3 more fingers points back at the same person.

Cheers!

He overstayed nd came back voluntarily without any criminal case nd had to renew his passport nd he is just lyk everybody else trying to fend for himself nd family isn't that the reason we travel outside the country.... thanthanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (189) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.