Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Relocation Advice - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocation Advice (1021 Views)

Traffic Gridlock: Ambode Orders Relocation Of Bus Terminals / Benin Vs Warri - Which Place Is Better For Relocation? / What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocation Advice by xij38580: 9:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
Let me start by stating :
1)The definition of Happiness differs from person to person
2)Not all who decide to leave Nigeria is doing so due to unemployment
3)Not all who wander are lost
4)Money isn't the ultimate for all persons, some prefer the simple pleasures of life

Here's my story. Am a young adult and would like to relocate away from Nigeria. My grievances against this country are numerous. However, I am tired of the daily routine of insanity. Am a believer of facts and figures and do not share the sentiment that Nigeria will get better. Looking at the past and coupled with our government's ridiculousness, Nigeria isn't acting serious about change.

So I would like to relocate. I work as a software developer. I do have some clients here that brings in some income besides my salary. Also run a couple of online businesses that brings in some cash.

I have about $17000 in savings, I know its not much, but would like to migrate so a place that has
1)a functional system/government
2)a merit value system
3)an understanding of the value of human life.

Am not to particular about jobs/hustling, all I basically need for employment is stable electricity + high speed internet + access to books.

Please what countries can you recommend I move to ? I'd prefer somewhere outside Africa because the same problems plague us as a continent. Thank you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocation Advice by kilokeys(m): 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2014
i like ur courage..

i hope it works for you.

its a thought i have been having. so tired.. but all d same i wish u luck
the US is better than the UK. thats all i can say

1 Like

Re: Relocation Advice by gel03: 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
Canada or USA is good.
I am currently a permanent resident of canada. I love Canada. The quality of life is superb. My decision to relocate to canada with my family is the best decision I have taken so far in life. I understand your frustrations, I felt same way when we were still in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Relocation Advice by xij38580: 9:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
Thanks for the response so far, but is my savings even enough for me to secure some form of decent residency ?

@Kilokeys
Thanks I never liked the UK. For some reason I never liked the Queen either. I dislike the notion of monarchy
Re: Relocation Advice by Osama10(m): 9:48pm On Sep 12, 2014
Having the same thought too. wink

If you look critically into the future of Nigeria you would be disappointed and this is not about money or job but the quality of life.

Look to Canada or US. cool

1 Like

Re: Relocation Advice by xij38580: 10:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
@gel03
Could you provide some tips ? It could help make my exodus easier. Thanks
Re: Relocation Advice by Oghobahase: 5:14am On Sep 13, 2014
xij38580: @gel03
The US is ok.Its a little frustrating if you don't have papers,but it is quite easy to blend in here.Good Luck
Re: Relocation Advice by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 13, 2014
The most important thing is the route you will take to relocate.

The most common is going via student visa especially to the US. You can get post study visa afterwards and chart your way through the system.

You can also try Canada and Australia either through the study path or permanent residency path.

Will leave this to the gurus to come expantiate.
Re: Relocation Advice by DisGuy: 12:19pm On Sep 13, 2014
whatever you do choose a warm climate if you will be mostly self employed, chose an island

student route seems to be the only favourable route to US/CAN/AUS..and it will eat up most of your savings
Re: Relocation Advice by drumma(m): 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
H.... lovely post you have there and I must say I just posted my own in the UAE post.

I am thinking of relocating to UAE to further my aviation career seems it seems to be a tourist destination. However I have some savings plus my ridiculous salary but I am just confident that I will make it through in any environment....

You can choose Dubai as your destination too its quite promising.

xij38580: Let me start by stating :
1)The definition of Happiness differs from person to person
2)Not all who decide to leave Nigeria is doing so due to unemployment
3)Not all who wander are lost
4)Money isn't the ultimate for all persons, some prefer the simple pleasures of life

Here's my story. Am a young adult and would like to relocate away from Nigeria. My grievances against this country are numerous. However, I am tired of the daily routine of insanity. Am a believer of facts and figures and do not share the sentiment that Nigeria will get better. Looking at the past and coupled with our government's ridiculousness, Nigeria isn't acting serious about change.

So I would like to relocate. I work as a software developer. I do have some clients here that brings in some income besides my salary. Also run a couple of online businesses that brings in some cash.

I have about $17000 in savings, I know its not much, but would like to migrate so a place that has
1)a functional system/government
2)a merit value system
3)an understanding of the value of human life.

Am not to particular about jobs/hustling, all I basically need for employment is stable electricity + high speed internet + access to books.

Please what countries can you recommend I move to ? I'd prefer somewhere outside Africa because the same problems plague us as a continent. Thank you
Re: Relocation Advice by xij38580: 6:35pm On Sep 13, 2014
DisGuy: whatever you do choose a warm climate if you will be mostly self employed, chose an island
student route seems to be the only favourable route to US/CAN/AUS..and it will eat up most of your savings

True tuition is expensive in those countries and even my savings wouldn't be enough to pay for a year. Thanks for the advise, I'd also look into Islands. Any one I should pay close attention to ?

drumma: H.... lovely post you have there and I must say I just posted my own in the UAE post.
I am thinking of relocating to UAE to further my aviation career seems it seems to be a tourist destination. However I have some savings plus my ridiculous salary but I am just confident that I will make it through in any environment....
You can choose Dubai as your destination too its quite promising.
Never really considered Dubai, always just imagined it as a large Vegas on steroids filled with Oil money Arabs (No insult intended). Maybe I should consider it though. Heard the weather there could really get seriously hot.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.
Re: Relocation Advice by drumma(m): 7:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
@xij38580 verywell said @d comment about vegas but this what informs my decision about places. That vegas factor they have infused into their culture has made provisions for tourist attraction on a lower scale which in turn has injected alot of revenue into their economy and we all know that in this time and aviation & infotech works hand in hand so im sure you'll be able to get a job if you know how to chanel ur resources

xij38580:

True tuition is expensive in those countries and even my savings wouldn't be enough to pay for a year. Thanks for the advise, I'd also look into Islands. Any one I should pay close attention to ?

Never really considered Dubai, always just imagined it as a large Vegas on steroids filled with Oil money Arabs (No insult intended). Maybe I should consider it though. Heard the weather there could really get seriously hot.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.
Re: Relocation Advice by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
xij38580: @gel03
exodus? If u can do IELTS & score very well, follow Canadian and Australian skilled worker threads.

(1) (Reply)

How He Nearly Died Due To Egypt Airline Mistake / Seeking For UK Permanent Residence Visa / Cheap Airlines And Their Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.