Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,577 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons (12109 Views)

Photos From Emir Sanusi's Coronation (LIVE !!!) / Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold / SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 13, 2014
■ Ceremony blocked based on security report –Govt

The coast appears not clear yet for the newly installed Emir of Kano, His Eminence, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi who was crowned Muhammadu Sa­nusi II, the 14th monarch of the emirate in June as there are indications that the Fed­eral Government might have stopped the planned coronation ceremony of the former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) governor.

Saturday Sun gathered that arrangements had been concluded and guests invited for the ceremony scheduled to hold last Saturday September 6 before it was abruptly cancelled without any official announcement to explain why.

Investigations reveal that the already planned elaborate coronation ceremony was called off following pressures from security agencies warning of a likely breakdown of law and order if the emirate council and the state government go ahead with the programme which was to give official recognition to the installation of the emir.

“We had to alert the state government and the emirate of the danger of going ahead with the ceremony because of grave threats from Boko Haram and some elements opposed to the emergence of Sanusi as emir within the city. This is certainly beyond politics but a serious security issue”, a top security source told Saturday Sun.

Another source within the Kano emirate council, who also confirmed the last minute cancellation of the coronation ceremony, expressed frustration over the development. “It was a last minute decision by all stakeholders given the security reports brought by Abuja people at least in the interest of peace. The most unfortunate part of the whole thing is that some invited guests had to cancel their engagements outside the country including a prominent traditional ruler in Kaduna State to return home last week to attend the function only to be told a few hours to the programme that the ceremony has been cancelled with no specific date in view”, the high ranking chief stated.

While reacting to the well concealed development, a top official of the Kano State government who does not want to be named because of the sensitive nature of the issue, admitted that the ceremony was hurriedly put off because of some issues related to security complications.

“There is no point hiding anything, it is true the ceremony was put off to enable the state government to complete a coronation arena being built within the government house since the palace won’t be ideal for such because of security implications. When completed and a new date fixed, only invited guests will be allowed to attend the function. The state government would not want to leave anything to chances at this critical time”, the source stated.

When asked when the ceremony will now hold, the state official said: “No one can say, at this juncture, when the programme will hold but we are hoping it may be after sallah.”

There had been a number of Boko Haram attacks in the ancient city. At least six persons were killed in July in a suicide bombing at the Kano State Polytechnic.

Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=81531
Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 13, 2014
Presidency,
If this is your doing phorgive ahm fah.
Bury the hatchets for peace sake abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 13, 2014
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi will forever be respected as the CBN governor who made charges on ATM withdrawals absolutely free.

God bless His Royal Majesty!

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 13, 2014
cheesy
Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by Gboliwe: 8:02am On Sep 13, 2014
The coronation is just a formality he has since started acting in full capacity as Emir.
Despite what the state government gave as reason for the change in plans some noisemakers still want to link it up to the presidency.

Continue!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by Caseless2: 8:17am On Sep 13, 2014
Gboliwe: The coronation is just a formality he has since started acting in full capacity as Emir.
Despite what the state government gave as reason for the change in plans some noisemakers still want to link it up to the presidency.

Continue!
DSS wont give such reason if it was TAN's rally that's to hold. Infact, TAN rally is heading to d northeast(boko haram zone) and northwest soon, and ordinary coronation wont hold because of security reasons.
The DSS shld tel TAN to cancel their forthcoming rallies in d north as there is no safe place in d north right now, then we'll believe the reason they gave regarding sanusi's coronation.

29 Likes

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by thwarrior72: 8:17am On Sep 13, 2014
Mitcheeuuu... na wetin concern me with abooki news this morning? undecided

1 Like

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by Caseless2: 8:19am On Sep 13, 2014
thwarrior72: Mitcheeuuu... na wetin concern me with abooki news this morning? undecided
oaf!

9 Likes

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 13, 2014
thwarrior72: Mitcheeuuu... na wetin concern me with abooki news this morning? undecided

Mo'R'on

Gboliwe: The coronation is just a formality he has since started acting in full capacity as Emir.
Continue!

Bootlicker

Do you mind giving us another crap while his passport is yet to be released to him ? The only thing I'm seeing here is a presidency that scared of Sanusi and won't want him to be coronated till Jonathan declares for re-election or possibly till he wins.

14 Likes

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by asadike(f): 8:30am On Sep 13, 2014
ok
Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by thwarrior72: 8:47am On Sep 13, 2014
Blousetooth You are taking this ur abooki asslikin to another level ;Dg
Bluetooth2:

Mo'R'on

Bootlicker

Do you mind giving us another crap while his passport is yet to be released to him ? The only thing I'm seeing here is a presidency that scared of Sanusi and won't want him to be coronated till Jonathan declares for re-election or possibly till he wins.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by stinggy(m): 8:50am On Sep 13, 2014
Come weal come woe, SLS is here to stay

1 Like

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by thwarrior72: 8:51am On Sep 13, 2014
Caseless2: oaf!
I ain't gat ur time this morning tongue
Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by princealbashir: 8:53am On Sep 13, 2014
Our dear federal government won't stop disgracing themselves. SLS was the best CBN governor in the history of this country - My personal opinion though! just few months after he was removed, they reversed his policy on the ATM withdrawal charge... he made possible what they're claiming isn't possible. Ride on Sir Your Eminence. may God continue to place you above your enemies. Amin. May HE place me and my fellow NL's above our enemies too..... Amen

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by jmaine: 9:07am On Sep 13, 2014
princealbashir: Our dear federal government won't stop disgracing themselves. SLS was the best CBN governor in the history of this country - My personal opinion though! just few months after he was removed, they reversed his policy on the ATM withdrawal charge... he made possible what they're claiming isn't possible. Ride on Sir Your Eminence. may God continue to place you above your enemies. Amin. May HE place me and my fellow NL's above our enemies too..... Amen

Best CBN governor my foot.

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 13, 2014
jmaine:

na so e pain you reach? cheesy cheesy

18 Likes

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by jmaine: 9:16am On Sep 13, 2014
berem: na so e pain you reach? cheesy cheesy

If you feel so . . . .

1 Like

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by scribble: 9:17am On Sep 13, 2014
Boko Emir

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by omenka(m): 9:34am On Sep 13, 2014
berem: Sanusi Lamido Sanusi will forever be respected as the CBN governor who made charges on ATM withdrawals absolutely free.

...than any dullard from Bayelsa!!

13 Likes

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by sopoundz(m): 10:24am On Sep 13, 2014
apc warlords in diz threads. lol
Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by udemzyudex(m): 10:29am On Sep 13, 2014
berem: Sanusi Lamido Sanusi will forever be respected as the CBN governor who made charges on ATM withdrawals absolutely free.

Wetin concern agbero with overload?

Wetin concern ATM withdrawal and coronation?
grin

1 Like

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 13, 2014
omenka: ...than any dullard from Bayelsa!!

The same position a 'dullard' is occupying is what your tribesmen have been fighting for, for the past 12years....I rather be a dullard president than a 'wise' abooki

10 Likes

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by omenka(m): 10:55am On Sep 13, 2014
himkers:

The same position a 'dullard' is occupying is what your tribesmen have been fighting for, for the past 12years....I rather be a dullard president than a 'wise' abooki
Very typical jonathanian. Once you oppose the president, you must be an "aboki". Smh.

Sickening horde of headless buffoons!

16 Likes

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by princealbashir: 11:00am On Sep 13, 2014
jmaine:

Said, my personal opinion. You can go ahead and name somebody else Sir; I don't care...

8 Likes

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 13, 2014
omenka: Very typical jonathanian. Once you oppose the president, you must be an "aboki". Smh.

Sickening horde of headless buffoons!
pathetic to say their level of reasoning. Smh

8 Likes

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by stevolinkon40: 11:02am On Sep 13, 2014
okay na.
Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by 9jahubcom(m): 11:03am On Sep 13, 2014
oh
Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by 9jahubcom(m): 11:04am On Sep 13, 2014
udemzyudex:
Wetin concern agbero with overload?

Wetin concern ATM withdrawal and coronation?
grin
ohlala

1 Like

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by princealbashir: 11:04am On Sep 13, 2014
jmaine:

Said my personal opinion. You can go ahead and name someone else Sir, I don't care.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by l00ll0ll(m): 11:04am On Sep 13, 2014
Ship from US with no commission fee!! 3.85/lb!!! Some little items are even shipped FREE for now.. Best naija shipper in the states!! Amazon, ebay, CG.... And d rest.... I no sabi d guy, he's good, so he deserves it... https://www.nairaland.com/1856615/shop-u.s-ebay-amazon-3.85
Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by dhamstar(m): 11:04am On Sep 13, 2014
Good for him though
Re: Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons by olafunny(m): 11:05am On Sep 13, 2014
Nigeria not secured. God's intervention all we need.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Malami Is Undermining Buhari’s Anti-corruption War — Oluwatosin Ojaomo / Tinubu Hails Rescue Of Kidnapped Kuriga School Children / Sharia Court Bill: Leo Ogor Speaks - "Nobody Is Expanding Sharia To Anywhere"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.