Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,409 members, 7,826,580 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You (3024 Views)

We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out / Why You Didn't Receive Your Own Free 1gb From Mtn / Reason Why The Etisalat Bis Didn't Work On Your Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 13, 2014
I just came across this and futher findings proved it to be very true.

The data bundle you subscribed from someone DOES NOT carry a 30 days validity as we earlier made you to believed.
The life cycle of the bit-by-bit shared/sold data volume is tied to the 30 days validity available on the total given data volume by MTN. Let's say I bought my data bundle from MTN on the 13th of July, 2014, and you in turn bought some from me today 23rd July, 2014, your validity will be till 13th August, 2014, as against 23rd, August, 2014. With this scenario, the data sold out in bits by subscribers do not enjoy a separate validity period outside the parent data bundle from where you got your share.
Therefore, should you desire to use any reseller here, please ask them the day they purchase their data so that you wouldn't fall a victim of expecting your plan to expire in 30 days' time, but only be disconnected or your airtime wipe out in 2 days as the validity period of your reseller expires.

You can't make multiple subscriptions on the same MTN line from different resellers when you still have some data volume in your account from your previous subscription
For those of you that may be thinking of extending your validity period by buying multiple data bundles on your line, please take note that any amount of data you purchased does not have any separate life cycle outside its mother's life cycle, which automatically rule out your attempts of extending the lifespan of your data bundles. If you are making a multiple purchases from the same person on the same line, your validity period will be tied to the same date of the parent validity, and you can only have your validity period extended if your provider have bought a new data plan from MTN.
But to make another subscription from a different reseller is NOT POSSIBLE when you still have left-over data volume in your account. To change your current reseller probably due to price differences, you just have to exhaust your old data plan before doing so.

Note Please:
Before you buy your next subscription from any reseller, please ask them the date they purchased their current plan. It is very very important.
Also bear it in mind that the data volumes you buy from any reseller DOES NOT have any 30 days validity period. Its validity is between 1 to 30 days, depending on the date your reseller purchased his data bundles from MTN
Cut-c: http://www.yomiprof.com/2014/07/very-important-what-third-party-data.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by parrotibaba(m): 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
dis is why I ain't interested no more in dis ...

2 Likes

Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
parrotibaba: dis is why I ain't interested no more in dis ...
But its way cheaper getting it from resellers and there are sincere ones who will actually tell you the validity cycle most especially if you are purchasing a very large volume. Like earlier in the morning, I wanted 5gb from a guy here on NL (I'll ask for his permission to post a link to his thread), but he came clean and actually told me to go for 1gb or 2gb because his validity elapses in 2wks time unless if I feel I can exhaust the 5gb within that time frame.

1 Like

Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2014
I don't see the gain in buying from them o...after all MTN 4.5gb is just 2500... undecided
Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 13, 2014
Please how much do this resellers buy their data plan and hw many line can sum1 share to, am interested
Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by tempem: 6:50pm On Sep 13, 2014
Well, make deals with someone of high percentage of trust.
Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by 2Pistols: 7:39pm On Sep 13, 2014
JeffreyJamez: I don't see the gain in buying from them o...after all MTN 4.5gb is just 2500... undecided
Etisalat 6GB is just 2000. grin
#TeamBlackBerry
Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:43pm On Sep 13, 2014
2Pistols: Etisalat 6GB is just 2000. grin
#TeamBlackBerry

mchew abeg swerve with your bb

5 Likes

Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by 2Pistols: 7:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

mchew abeg swerve with your bb
I know it hurts, but it's true smiley

1 Like

Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by generalissimo(m): 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2014
2Pistols: I know it hurts, but it's true smiley
Sowie, pls what is the name of the BB Plan? because I'm hearing for the first time.
Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by 2Pistols: 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2014
generalissimo: Sowie, pls what is the name of the BB Plan? because I'm hearing for the first time.
It's called Complete Monthly or something like that. Actually it's 1K for 3GB but if you sub twice it's going to be 6gb on your timeline my brother. (send COM to 399). It only works on bb
Now I sound like a fuhking sales rep. angry

1 Like

Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by generalissimo(m): 9:15pm On Sep 13, 2014
2Pistols: It's called Complete Monthly or something like that. Actually it's 1K for 3GB but if you sub twice it's going to be 6gb on your timeline my brother. (send COM to 399). It only works on bb
Now I sound like a fuhking sales rep. angry
Thanks! I know of that plan but I just didnt know one could subscribe twice on d same line in a month. But I think this Etisalat sales rep go fit u o grin
Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by Femistico(m): 9:26pm On Sep 13, 2014
@op u dey do copy nd paste...no be u write dis writeup

3 Likes

Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by nwaobitex: 9:34pm On Sep 13, 2014
tanku op
Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by Simplefaithy(m): 9:56pm On Sep 13, 2014
2Pistols: Etisalat 6GB is just 2000. grin
#TeamBlackBerry
. we talking android here plz. bb sud goan sleep.

2 Likes

Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by Simplefaithy(m): 9:58pm On Sep 13, 2014
Femistico: @op u dey do copy nd paste...no be u write dis writeup
who cares?? after all d info is useful moreover d source is dia

1 Like

Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 13, 2014
I stand to disagree with the op. I bought from a reseller here and the expiry is exactly 30 days when I checked my data balance.
Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by NmaGOD44(f): 11:40pm On Sep 13, 2014
colly227: I stand to disagree with the op. I bought from a reseller here and the expiry is exactly 30 days when I checked my data balance.
exactly.... u can always find out the expire date whenever u check ur balance or immediately u get d msg cos the expire dat will b included in it....though some retailers may not tell u wen they purchased it but not all of them cos some purchase on daily basis
Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by darelar(m): 12:02am On Sep 14, 2014
The guy is just blabbing. I have been subscribing from a guy on niraland for about 3 months now and I just did it last night and two of my younger bro just subscribe from him today and the validity is always complete. I use glo 3gb on my bb and the 1gb for 1k on my android and each time I dial *461*7#, it will show me the remaining data and the exact time it will expire which is the 30 days. I can't remember his name but here is his number 08033328364

2 Likes

Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 14, 2014
darelar: The guy is just blabbing. I have been subscribing from a guy on niraland for about 3 months now and I just did it last night and two of my younger bro just subscribe from him today and the validity is always complete. I use glo 3gb on my bb and the 1gb for 1k on my android and each time I dial *461*7#, it will show me the remaining data and the exact time it will expire which is the 30 days. I can't remember his name but here is his number 08033328364
his name is Darelar.

2 Likes

Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by dupeoraf(f): 3:46am On Sep 14, 2014
This is a learning for all.

I am an entrepreneur that trades baby diapers, wipes, baby formulas etc.

The story line the fraudster gave me was that they got my pin from olx and wanted to buy.

That they are based in Gambia and a air hostess helps to move the goods by airfreight to Gambia.

Order was for 110 cartons of huggies diapers, 24 cartons of huggies wipes, 5 cartons of sma.

The mobile number of the girl named Bola is 09098097297.

The BlackBerry pin is 32305A4C.

Goods were delivered opposite chicken republic at Ilupeju, in front of a closed shop that belongs to Alhaja. The address given was actually 10, Ogunji road, Ilupeju but because the street was busy, she advised that I offload to the shop off the road.

She paid me with fake 100 dollar notes and sent me a bbm the next morning to thank me for the goods and how the dollars were fake and adviced that I should not go to the bank or bureau de change cos i'll be arrested for tendering fake dollars.

Their mobile number is still working as they probably have other people that they are working on to dupe.

The network provider-Etisalat doesn't have their address registered against the number.

The learning is: don't be in a haste to trade.
Ask for bank transfers if you'll be dealing with foreign currencies, and large amount.

The value of the goods is 515,700 naira.

EFCC say the amount is too low to pursue the case.

Police is requesting for 15,000 to issue a petition so as to get the details from the network provider.

The person's name on bbm is Nikky's place.

I'll appreciate if this person can be brought to book.

Your suggestions will be most appreciated.
Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by femi4: 5:15am On Sep 14, 2014
dupeoraf:

The story line the fraudster gave me was that they got my pin from olx and wanted to buy.

That they are based in Gambia and a air hostess helps to move the goods by airfreight to Gambia.

Order was for 110 cartons of huggies diapers, 24 cartons of huggies wipes, 5 cartons of sma.

Goods were delivered opposite chicken republic at Ilupeju, in front of a closed shop that belongs to Alhaja. The address given was actually 10, Ogunji road, Ilupeju but because the street was busy, she advised that I offload to the shop off the road.

She paid me with fake 100 dollar notes and sent me a bbm the next morning to thank me for the goods and how the dollars were fake and adviced that I should not go to the bank or bureau de change cos i'll be arrested for tendering fake dollars.

Their mobile number is still working as they probably have other people that they are working on to dupe.

The network provider-Etisalat doesn't have their address registered against the number.

Ask for bank transfers if you'll be dealing with foreign currencies, and large amount.

Police is requesting for 15,000 to issue a petition so as to get the details from the network provider.

Madam, you have to create a new thread for this

1 Like

Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by egopersonified(f): 11:32am On Sep 14, 2014
dupeoraf:

Please create a new thread and people would give you good advice. I would love to know the outcome of this.
Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by tutaboi(m): 11:43am On Sep 14, 2014
JeffreyJamez: I don't see the gain in buying from them o...after all MTN 4.5gb is just 2500... undecided

And if one didn't finish it (4.5gb)within a month , what happens to the remaining meg
Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by tutaboi(m): 11:53am On Sep 14, 2014
Now back to our point...OP hw much is 1gb for MTN??
Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
tutaboi: Now back to our point...OP hw much is 1gb for MTN??
I am not a reseller dawg
Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 14, 2014
SMDH..So your dumb brain couldn't comprehend the first ine of the post ad neither could it register the fact that I acknowledged the source? undecided
Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by gmcbiz(m): 7:13pm On Sep 14, 2014
darelar: The guy is just blabbing. I have been subscribing from a guy on niraland for about 3 months now and I just did it last night and two of my younger bro just subscribe from him today and the validity is always complete. I use glo 3gb on my bb and the 1gb for 1k on my android and each time I dial *461*7#, it will show me the remaining data and the exact time it will expire which is the 30 days. I can't remember his name but here is his number 08033328364

His name is greatmindsng
Thnx for the recommendation bro
Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:00pm On Sep 14, 2014
tutaboi:

And if one didn't finish it (4.5gb)within a month , what happens to the remaining meg

Rolls over.
Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by luluosas(m): 9:02pm On Sep 14, 2014
Link to the original post by Luluosas www.nairaland.com/1825952/important-information-mtn-sme-data

Dear OP, thank you.
I never knew this post was making wave elsewhere until I visited the link on your post www.yomiprof.com/2014/07/very-important-what-third-party-data.html?m=1

Thanks to Yomi the owner of that blog for quoting my thread as his source of information. Honestly, honesty pays.
Thank you again OP for drawing my attention into this information.
Re: Very Important: What Third Party Data Resellers Didn't Tell You by luluosas(m): 9:05pm On Sep 14, 2014
He said he came across it somewhere. Maybe you needed to have digest his information first. Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Phantom Z’s Amazing UI with Picture / Cubot S200 Review / Hilarious Converasation Between A Nairalander And Airtel Customer Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.