Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others (109377 Views)

Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? / MTN SME Data Testimony Thread... / How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by luluosas(m): 5:08pm On Jul 23, 2014
Update On MTN SME Data Share Service:

Hello fellow Nairalanders,
A lot of people today are into reselling MTN SME Data Share bundles business including my humble self, which is a sort of succor to Android, Windows, iOS and USB Modem Internet subscription users, as you now get more data volume for less as compared to what MTN is offering on their HSI platform. A welcome development I must tell you.

However, I would like to point out two things you may not be aware on this MTN SME Data Share bundles, especially as you usually bought this data bundles from initial subscribers of this product. I am not trying to ask you to patronize me but it is a good thing you should know about this.

1. The data bundle you subscribed from someone DOES NOT carry a 30 days validity as we earlier made you to believed.
The life cycle of the bit-by-bit shared/sold data volume is tied to the 30 days validity available on the total given data volume by MTN. Let's say I bought my data bundle from MTN on the 13th of July, 2014, and you in turn bought some from me today 23rd July, 2014, your validity will be till 13th August, 2014, as against 23rd, August, 2014. With this scenario, the data sold out in bits by subscribers do not enjoy a separate validity period outside the parent data bundle from where you got your share.
Therefore, should you desire to use any reseller here, please ask them the day they purchase their data so that you wouldn't fall a victim of expecting your plan to expire in 30 days' time, but only be disconnected or your airtime wipe out in 2 days as the validity period of your reseller expires. Every genuine businessman and GOD fearing fellow should be able to tell you this truth. I hope you understand.
To check your data balance dial *461*7# or text Sharebalance to 131.

2. You can't make multiple subscription on the same MTN line from different resellers when you still have some data volume in your account from your previous subscription.
For those of you that may be thinking of extending your validity period by buying multiple data bundles on your line, please take note that any amount of data you purchased does not have any separate life cycle outside its mother's life cycle, which automatically rule out your attempts of extending the lifespan of your data bundles. If you are making a multiple purchases from the same person on the same line, your validity period will be tied to the same date of the parent validity, and you can only have your validity period extended if your provider have bought a new data plan from MTN.
But to make another subscription from a different reseller is NOT POSSIBLE when you still have left-over data volume in your account. To change your current reseller probably due to price differences, you just have to exhaust your old data plan before doing so. I hope you got it clear.

The scenario above was discovered as both a reseller and a subscriber, and therefore speaking to you from a practical point of view.

Just a reminder:
Before you buy your next subscription from any reseller, please ask them the date they purchased their current plan. It is very very important.
Also bear it in mind that the data volumes you buy from any reseller DOES NOT have any 30 days validity period. Its validity is between 1 to 30 days, depending on the date your reseller purchased his data bundles from MTN.

Thank you for reading.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by Dieumerci(m): 5:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
Thanks so much for this information.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by luluosas(m): 5:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
Dieumerci: Thanks so much for this information.
You are welcome.
Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by opeyemmmy(m): 5:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
luluosas:
1. The data bundle you subscribed from someone DOES NOT carry a 30 days validity as we earlier made you to believed.
The life cycle of the bit-by-bit shared/sold data volume is tied to the 30 days validity available on the total given data volume by MTN. Let's say I bought my data bundle from MTN on the 13th of July, 2014, and you in turn bought some from me today 23rd July, 2014, your validity will be till 13th August, 2014, as against 23rd, August, 2014. With this scenario, the data sold out in bits by subscribers do not enjoy a separate validity period outside the parent data bundle from where you got your share.

My friend had this issue with the glo data share. Luckily for her, glo bis came to her rescue.

A question: can one check one's data balance after its validity has expired? I guess not.

With the scenario you put up there, is it possible I check my data balance after 13th August?
If no, how then will you determine the extent of my data usage?
Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by diarisgod(m): 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2014
Thanks for opening up man.

I want to ask what kind of plan you people subscribe to that allow you to sell it that 'cheap' compared to what the Network provider sells to us.

1 Like

Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by Tinyemeka(m): 6:15pm On Jul 23, 2014
luluosas:
You are welcome.
Question: I have done at least 3 subs on MTN and 2 on Glo before. Why is it that whenever I check my MTN bundle balance immediately after being added, it shows that I have 30 days validity left instead of whatever the sharer has remaining?

P.S. I appreciate the heads-up info you gave.

2 Likes

Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by luluosas(m): 6:26pm On Jul 23, 2014
diarisgod: Thanks for opening up man.

I want to ask what kind of plan you people subscribe to that allow you to sell it that 'cheap' compared to what the Network provider sells to us.
This plan is a SME data bundles from MTN, and the minimum amount to buy from MTN is N10,000 for 10GB. They designed the data to be transferred at a time at 250MB, 500MB, 750MB and 1GB. So you now determine how much you want to sell to recover your money. That's the issue. Thank you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by luluosas(m): 6:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
Tinyemeka:
Question: I have done at least 3 subs on MTN and 2 on Glo before. Why is it that whenever I check my MTN bundle balance immediately after being added, it shows that I have 30 days validity left instead of whatever the sharer has remaining?

P.S. I appreciate the heads-up info you gave.
It could be that the person just subscribed that same day. See my subscription this evening to support my post. Thank you.

1 Share

Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by diarisgod(m): 6:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
luluosas:
This plan is a SME data bundles from MTN, and the minimum amount to buy from MTN is N10,000 for 10GB. They designed the data to be transferred at a time at 250MB, 500MB, 750MB and 1GB. So you now determine how much you want to sell to recover your money. That's the issue. Thank you.
I refuse to believe this man. Telling me you get 10GB from MTN at the rate of N10,000 is not true. I have seen some of these guys into similar business of yours selling their 1GB for N950 & 2GB for N1,500. So, do the calculation! The buying price is not even gonna surface let alone profit.

I believe this is a tweak you are not willing to let out. I also called MTN Customer care now and they could not confirm your claim.

1 Like

Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by luluosas(m): 6:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
opeyemmmy:

My friend had this issue with the glo data share. Luckily for her, glo bis came to her rescue.

A question: can one check one's data balance after its validity has expired? I guess not.

With the scenario you put up there, is it possible I check my data balance after 13th August?
Yes you can but you won't see any data volume there because it has expired.
To know your remaining data volume and expiring date, dial *461*7# or text SHAREBALANCE to 131. Thank you.
Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by luluosas(m): 6:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
diarisgod: I refuse to believe this man. Telling me you get 10GB from MTN at the rate of N10,000 is not true. I have seen some of these guys into similar business of yours selling their 1GB for N950 & 2GB for N1,500. So, do the calculation! The buying price is not even gonna surface let alone profit.

I believe this is a tweak you are not willing to let out. I also called MTN Customer care now and they could not confirm your claim.
My dear friend, when I visited MTN office in my State of residence to enquire about this product, they were just looking me like an alien from another world, as they were completely ignorant of the product. Their website gave me the info instead.
Please kindly visit MTN website and check SME Data Share under their business platform.
For your information, this is not a tweak, cheat or trick. Thank you.

13 Likes

Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by diarisgod(m): 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
luluosas:
My dear friend, when I visited MTN office in my State of residence to enquire about this product, they were just looking me like an alien from another world, as they were completely ignorant of the product. Their website gave me the info instead.
Please kindly visit MTN website and check SME Data Share under their business platform.
For your information, this is not a tweak, cheat or trick. Thank you.
I also skimmed through the MTN website(www.mtnonline.com) but i didn't get it. Kindly help with a direct link to the stuff.
Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by luluosas(m): 7:14pm On Jul 23, 2014
diarisgod: I also skimmed through the MTN website(www.mtnonline.com) but i didn't get it. Kindly help with a direct link to the stuff.
Tomorrow I will do that when I get to the office because I couldn't get it using mobile. Just be patient please. Thank you.
Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by diarisgod(m): 7:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
luluosas:
Tomorrow I will do that when I get to the office because I couldn't get it using mobile. Just be patient please. Thank you.
Alright. I really commend your understanding.

1 Like

Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by opeyemmmy(m): 7:17pm On Jul 23, 2014

4 Likes

Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by Davidbanky(m): 7:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
Please my mtn night plan is about to finish and I will like to add to it, can I buy this bundle and add to the mb and do u sell ? Please state the prices if u do .. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by marcjoe(m): 7:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
For ppl that want to know more about the service check...

http://www.mtnbusiness.com.ng/sme/datashare

And

http://www.mtnbusiness.com.ng/sme/datashare/faqs
Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by VocalWalls: 7:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
opeyemmmy:

Nwanne, I'm just pretending that I don't know what's up.

@OP, thanks for coming out clean.

Best thing to do is get 5 persons with 2 k each, subscribe and share the data at once.

I once fell for the Glo plan, octavo never came out clean, I didn't bother asking him anything about it, all I did was move on!

4 Likes

Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by opeyemmmy(m): 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
luluosas:
Yes you can but you won't see any data volume there because it has expired.
To know your remaining data volume and expiring date, dial *461*7# or text SHAREBALANCE to 131. Thank you.

Thanks.

If I buy 1gb data on a particular day and the data plan of the 'primary owner' expires before my due validity date, how can/will you determine my actual usage?

Say for instance, I buy 1gb on 11/07/2014, a week after you (the primary subscriber) buys the data plan. Midway through my usage (say 3rd week, and after using 600mb), I receive a message that my data plan has expired... how will you determine my exact usage? Will you base your decision on what I tell you to be my exact usage or you have a way you determine it?

The premise of my argument has to do with presumed honesty (if there's ever any) of both parties.

Pardon me if I appear overly critical... it's due to what my friend experienced in the time past.
Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by opeyemmmy(m): 8:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
VocalWalls:

Nwanne, I'm just pretending that I don't know what's up.

@OP, thanks for coming out clean.

Best thing to do is get 5 persons with 2 k each, subscribe and share the data at once.

I once fell for the Glo plan, octavo never came out clean, I didn't bother asking him anything about it, all I did was move on!

Experience, they say, is the best teacher.

My friend had to ditch the glo data share after her 3rd subscription. It was this same issue.
Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 23, 2014

1 Like

Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by aieromon(m): 9:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
Thanks for the information.

This is the reason why I prefer a shared plan where I can access data consumed as well as validity date. I haven't had any issues with enterPRO and I hope he keeps up the good job.

7 Likes

Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by aieromon(m): 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
opeyemmmy:

Thanks.

If I buy 1gb data on a particular day and the data plan of the 'primary owner' expires before my due validity date, how can/will you determine my actual usage?

Say for instance, I buy 1gb on 11/07/2014, a week after you (the primary subscriber) buys the data plan. Midway through my usage (say 3rd week, and after using 600mb), I receive a message that my data plan has expired... how will you determine my exact usage? Will you base your decision on what I tell you to be my exact usage or you have a way you determine it?

The premise of my argument has to do with presumed honesty (if there's ever any) of both parties.

Pardon me if I appear overly critical... it's due to what my friend experienced in the time past.

My reseller tops up his account to push the validity date. Its a caculated risk especially as you cannot determine the sales volume. I noticed that after purchasing a bundle, I had only two weeks validity. EnterPRO noted it and promised to extend the validity,at the expense of sending me additional 500mb. My guess is that he rolled over his existing data plan to accommodate for new subscribers.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by OCTAVO: 9:26pm On Jul 23, 2014
We offer complete 30 days cos we have a lot of traffic daily. Check Here https://www.nairaland.com/1566834/mtn-glo-etisalat-data-sale

2 Likes

Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by EnterPRO: 10:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
aieromon:

My reseller tops up his account to push the validity date. Its a caculated risk especially as you cannot determine the sales volume. I noticed that after purchasing a bundle, I had only two weeks validity. EnterPRO noted it and promised to extend the validity,at the expense of sending me additional 50mb. My guess is that he rolled over his existing data plan to accommodate for new subscribers.

thanks boss.

you bought from our first batch. we did a lot of experimenting with it and a few people were affected. those still with us are enjoying the fruits of those experiments.

our volume has also increased and the 1 or 2 weeks lag is now a thing of the past.

2 Likes

Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by omoelu1(m): 11:02pm On Jul 23, 2014
diarisgod: I refuse to believe this man. Telling me you get 10GB from MTN at the rate of N10,000 is not true. I have seen some of these guys into similar business of yours selling their 1GB for N950 & 2GB for N1,500. So, do the calculation! The buying price is not even gonna surface let alone profit.

Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by omoelu1(m): 11:03pm On Jul 23, 2014

brother, it is a case of "the more you buy, the cheaper it gets"
Not everybody buys the #10,000 plan (this is the least).
we have the 20gb plan which costs lesser, the 50gb and so on. the purchase price reduces as you go up the ladder

1 Like

Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by chillykelly86(m): 12:18am On Jul 24, 2014
luluosas: Update On MTN SME Data Share Service:

Hello fellow Nairalanders,
A lot of people today are into reselling MTN SME Data Share bundles business including my humble self, which is a sort of succor to Android, Windows, iOS and USB Modem Internet subscription users, as you now get more data volume for less as compared to what MTN is offering on their HSI platform. A welcome development I must tell you.

However, I would like to point out two things you may not be aware on this MTN SME Data Share bundles, especially as you usually bought this data bundles from initial subscribers of this product. I am not trying to ask you to patronize me but it is a good thing you should know about this.

Therefore, should you desire to use any reseller here, please ask them the day they purchase their data so that you wouldn't fall a victim of expecting your plan to expire in 30 days' time, but only be disconnected or your airtime wipe out in 2 days as the validity period of your reseller expires. Every genuine businessman and GOD fearing fellow should be able to tell you this truth. I hope you understand.
To check your data balance dial *461*7# or text Sharebalance to 131.

2. You can't make multiple subscription on the same MTN line from different resellers when you still have some data volume in your account from your previous subscription.
For those of you that may be thinking of extending your validity period by buying multiple data bundles on your line, please take note that any amount of data you purchased does not have any separate life cycle outside its mother's life cycle, which automatically rule out your attempts of extending the lifespan of your data bundles. If you are making a multiple purchases from the same person on the same line, your validity period will be tied to the same date of the parent validity, and you can only have your validity period extended if your provider have bought a new data plan from MTN.
But to make another subscription from a different reseller is NOT POSSIBLE when you still have left-over data volume in your account. To change your current reseller probably due to price differences, you just have to exhaust your old data plan before doing so. I hope you got it clear.

The scenario above was discovered as both a reseller and a subscriber, and therefore speaking to you from a practical point of view.

Just a reminder:
Before you buy your next subscription from any reseller, please ask them the date they purchased their current plan. It is very very important.
Also bear it in mind that the data volumes you buy from any reseller DOES NOT have any 30 days validity period. Its validity is between 1 to 30 days, depending on the date your reseller purchased his data bundles from MTN.

Thank you for reading.

Good write up luluosas.
Summary, people:- Buy your SME Data Share from a trusted, fast-selling company.
PowerHQ has got your back.

www.powerhq.com.ng/DATA
Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by chillykelly86(m): 12:19am On Jul 24, 2014

It gets cheaper with bigger purchases. 75GB goes for #52,500
Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by Nobody: 1:06am On Jul 24, 2014
So y have u pple been lying dat d validity is 4 a month wen it sometimes isnt? Octavo , chikebrain , is dis true?

1 Like

Re: Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others by luluosas(m): 8:40am On Jul 24, 2014
aieromon:

My reseller tops up his account to push the validity date. Its a caculated risk especially as you cannot determine the sales volume. I noticed that after purchasing a bundle, I had only two weeks validity. EnterPRO noted it and promised to extend the validity,at the expense of sending me additional 50mb. My guess is that he rolled over his existing data plan to accommodate for new subscribers.
The bolded is never possible on this MTN SME data platform because MTN had already programmed the data to be transferred at a time to 250MB, 500MB, 750MB and 1GB data volumes. So what EnterPRO did for you was to transfer 50MB from his personal subscription to compensate you. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Download Mymtn App And Get 500MB Free Data / Airtel APN On Universal Modem / How To See Who Viewed Your Facebook Profile The Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.