Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

60 Questions For The Christians - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 60 Questions For The Christians (5444 Views)

The Christians' Dialectic : Is Telekinesis God's Given Gift Or Demonic ? / Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka / "I'd Be A Christian If It Were Not For The Christians!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by olabowale(m): 9:59pm On Sep 03, 2006
@davidylan; I remember on another thread that I said that I did not want to dignify your thought by responding to you. This is not because of any arrogance on my part, however I think that my question to you is this; Are you a medical Doctor, if yes read about the heart and then read about the brain and then give your educated response with a new vigor. From your view point expressed above, I am sure you are not a Medical Doctor, so let Babyosisi, the person who has identify herself as a Medical Doctor respond directly to my statement. Have you ever heart of Brain dead. Even when a persons heart is no good, the function of the heart has to be mentained, in extreme case, artificial heart is made, like in the Javid design. The heart allows blood to circulate, the body to receive the essential nourishments, allow excretion to occur, even oxygen and other gaseous elements and compounds, eg, carbon dioxide and other elementss like Iron are transported through the blood. Infact the brain does not feel pain, its functions are primarily interpretations in the matters of the five senses. Yes I am not aMedical Doctor and I do not play one on TV, however as a person who studied Civil Engineering, you must agree that I do have some somewhat advanced knowledge than the High School level that you stated. Further there are many Medical Doctors in my life. One of them is here in USA and she is well known in her right.
Again, it is obvious you never read the Qur'an before. If you did, from the translation which is not Qur'an per se, you would have found out that in many places Allah, the Almighty stated that He is the One that forgives sins. He, Allah the Lord of all things, known and unknown stated that Muhammad is a mercy and a means of forgiveness for his followers, indeed the world over. I could have given you the parts in the Qur'an, but I want you seek out the knowledge because Paradise is not cheap. It takes, immensed effort and dedication. May God Almighty help you and all of us together. By the way, even a person who is harder than you, God Almighty can soften his/her heart and before death received guidance and the mercy and forgiveness of God.
By the way, I consider all of us, as long as we are adults as equals. Age is nothing but a number.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by olabowale(m): 4:05am On Sep 04, 2006
@ softee. Sorry it took this long to respond to you. About my saying that Chrisianity is an easy and 'feel good' religion is based on the age old believe that Jesus is more than a servant of God, who the lord of the worlds sent as aprophet to a nation of people, the children of israel.  In this believe that Jesus was more than a messenger of his Lord, the christians, a religion that is not started by jesus, had developed a doctrine of death on the cross and salvation based on the belief of believing in shedding of his blood. My sister, God Almighty, who had created all things without a prior example before He created, will creat all things again, after everything, except God perished away. He will recreat all things to Judge  on judgement day.

For example, the ammageddon proponent have been saying the world will end so many times, but it never happened. The latest was in the past month. Further the Rapture proponent will talk about Jesus coming down to take them all up, whereby they who had never died will cheat death. Do they think that iit is permissable that some people will die and they these ordinary people will not die. No they must taste death and be recreated for Judgement, the same way they had been created the first time. Only God can creat, no one else. By the way somebody may say that Jesus created, but i will beg to defer because what jesus created was from within what God had created for the first time without any example.

It is in the christian religion that you will find that the laws of Moses, though still essential to all christians today, you will read where Saul/Paul had stated that the believe in the blood of jesus negate the essence of the laws. If the Bible is the words of God, then is it permissable for anyone to edit it or say that it has been amended by another part, like the NT cancelling out the majority of the laws and injuctions in the OT. Please pay attention that jesus said that he had come to fulfil the laws of Moses and stated that not even a jot will be disregard and whoever disregards it or encourage any to disregard it will be the least in the heave. i wonder what is the meaning of all of this except that he, jesus was on the same religion as Moses. By the way what does it mean to be least in heaven and what heaven can a person be least; Paradise or hellfire in this case.

You can do any kind of evil, yet as long as you believe in the blood of Jesus, you are okay. God does not make Paradise that easy. If it were, for people like me, it would have been anything goes. God Almighty was consistence in His commandment to each of His prophets before Jesus. When the peolpe who are christians bastardize the message of Jesus (AS), then God sent His last messenger (AS) to return people to that authentic straight away path; there is no God except Allah (God) and you must no associate anything with Him. Since all the messages of the previous messengers and prophets, inclusing the message of jesus has been polluted, then Islam revealed in Qur'an and through Muhammad (AS) is the only acceptable religion from the time of Muhammad to the end of time, as ling as you know about that religion, hearing the name Allah, His revealed religion, His book and Muhammad (AS).
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by firdaus4us: 10:44am On Sep 04, 2006
Assalam alaykum my dear br Olabowale. May Allah continue guiding us aright and may He take our soul on the path of Islam. How is family and life generally? I know one day we will definately meet our Lord, Allah and He will reward us abundantly. Having said that, it seems the christian Nairalanders will never agree with us, Allah knows best. Hence, I think we should now direct our post to topics that will benefit all the Muslim nairalanders, and may be ones in a blue moon to reply to some of their posts.

May Allah be with us. I wish you happy Ramadan in advance.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 04, 2006
firdaus4us:

Assalam alaykum my dear br Olabowale. May Allah continue guiding us aright and may He take our soul on the path of Islam. How is family and life generally? I know one day we will definately meet our Lord, Allah and He will reward us abundantly. Having said that, it seems the christian Nairalanders will never agree with us, Allah knows best. Hence, I think we should now direct our post to topics that will benefit all the Muslim Nairaland users, and may be ones in a blue moon to reply to some of their posts.

May Allah be with us. I wish you happy Ramadan in advance.

Classical escapist attitude of muslims who post incendiary topics and then run out of steam when there ignorance is exposed!
You started the topic, it is expedient on you to convince us beyond reasonable doubt that indeed christianity has a lot of questions to answer, however in your enthusiasm you forgot the quran itself has more questions to answer than the bible!
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by olabowale(m): 4:40pm On Sep 04, 2006
@davidylan.
If you are sincere that you are looking for good reasons to have a true thought about religion, then may God help you and all of us to the right path of His mercy. Now, tell me what questions you will like and please quote the Qur'an or hadith. Remember that you have what we call hadith Kursi and the other hadith is classified by the chain of narrations from strong to weak. When hadith is weak, I will let you know.

Happy trail.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2006
@ olabowale,

I respect the maturity you show in your last post. I do not question other religious beliefs unless they try being mischevious and question mine with ulterior motives.

1. Is the God of the quran the same as the God of the bible? Do we really worship the same God?
2. Is it true that Allah "sent down" and "confirmed" the bible?
3. Was the bible corrupted? And by who and when? pls be specific, i'm tired of generalisations that just sound like regurgitated hearsay.
4. Where is the "original" bible Allah "send down" and "confirmed"?

Thank you.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by olabowale(m): 9:22pm On Sep 04, 2006
@davidylan; Is there any other god but the true One GOD. The Igbos call Him Chineke, the Yorubas call Him Oluwa, Olodumare, Olorun, etc. Every language has a name for Him. Yes God the Almighty revealed Books to His prophets, for example Moses received Torah (OT), David received Sabur (Psalm) and Jesus received Injil (NT/Good News).

However when they received it, and while they were on earth within their communities, there was no window for corruption. Each prophet could correct his followers, hence all corruptions were after each prophet had been removed from his community. In the case of Moses, it was death. Then came to David which was also by death. As for Jesus son of mary, there was no death, but he was taken up, alive in body and soul.

I think you need to ask the Christian leaders why is the Bible ever changing in text, meaning and in some cases, a good portion disappeared altogether. Take the case of the Catholic Bible versus the protestants. King james commissione a different Bible altogether because the Catholic pope will not allow him to devorce his wife and marry a another. This is shameful and even though I agree that a person should be divorced and get away from bad situation, but is that enough to start another religion. Especially when the new religion is based on the same principal that the old religion is based upon.

I think the Church authority is to answer all those questions. Those who sell the word of God for mislly price, satisfying their own desire against the commandment of God will have their reward in the day of judgement.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 05, 2006
@ Olabowale,

it is the same story with you muslims, you make wild allegations and when questions are put across to you, you dodge it! You could not even answer ONE of the questions i put to you, rather you go on a merry go round on why i should put the same question to christian leaders!

If you cannot produce the original bible, how can we beleive it when you tell us it was corrupted and by who? All these generalized "the bible was corrupted by some people after the death of the prophets" does not help anyone!

The same prophets you mention died centuries before Mohammed came on the scene and declared their works corrupted claiming to have recieved the real word from Allah! How should we believe him? When we ask for proof you all run and hide under ambigous words!

And about every language having a name for God, that is not the same with Islam, Allah cannot merely be said to be an arabic name for the same God in christianity. Both have nothing in common!
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by olabowale(m): 4:46am On Sep 05, 2006
@davidylan; Some have eyes yet they can not see, some have ears yet they can not hear, their hearts are deseased.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 4:59am On Sep 05, 2006
olabowale:

@davidylan; Some have eyes yet they can not see, some have ears yet they can not hear, their hearts are deseased.

1. That quotation is certainly not found in the quran but is purely a biblical statement! Are there no laws against plagiarism?
That statement was made in the bible more than ONCE as reference to idols like Allah!
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by olabowale(m): 5:09am On Sep 05, 2006
Why don't you ask the Arab Christians what name do they call God. Further since you do not know there are many versions of the Bible and that the Bible is constantly being edited, then i can not discuss this with you any longer. Please get a current Catholic Bible and compare it with any protestant Bible and see the difference. Start from this reference point. May God help you and all of us.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 5:23am On Sep 05, 2006
olabowale:

Why don't you ask the Arab Christians what name do they call God. Further since you do not know there are many versions of the Bible and that the Bible is constantly being edited, then i can not discuss this with you any longer. Please get a current Catholic Bible and compare it with any protestant Bible and see the difference. Start from this reference point. May God help you and all of us.

Of course how can you "discuss this any longer" when all you have is regurgitated false allegations from misguided mullahs! The question you have failed to answer is this:
- If indeed Allah claims to have "sent down" and "confirmed" the bible, how could it have been edited and where is the original version?
Until you answer this question, we will continue to see mohammed and his quran as nothing but a quraish bandit! What "versions" of the bible are you refering to and who are those constantly editing which bible? The one i've been using for the last 20yrs?
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by olabowale(m): 11:14am On Sep 05, 2006
@Davidylan; About the Bible, please go back 30-40years. This is an insignificant time relative to the 2000 years of Christianity. Look in the Catholic Bible, the books and the text, then compare with the Protestant Bible of you choice since you have several of them. As to the history of the Qur'an, from your writing, it seems as if you never have laid an eye on it and you do not realize that Allah is also written in the Coptic Bible, you see this is an arab word for God Almighty. Further plagirizm is not in Qur'an.

Let me show you; In Ghana, Gari in their language is Gari, and so it is the same in most Nigerian languages. For sure it is in Yoruba and igbo. Which group copy the other here. More importantly, when you read the story of Yusuf in the Qur'an, it become very clear that the same story in the Bible is less detailed. There are miracles performed by jesus (AS) as recorded in the Qur'an that the same does not appear in the Bible. Read this in Surah Mariam.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by firdaus4us: 12:30pm On Sep 05, 2006
@davidylan
If u mean The God of Jesus, then that is the God, Allah, Muslims worship.

No, Allah didn't sent down let alone comfirm Bible, but He sent down and confirmed the books given to all the prophets, Jesus inclusive. He sent it down to them and corfirmed it be the execution of all the messages therein. Contrariwise, People wrote Bible from their experiences with Jesus. Hence, part of it, are God words and others are either stories or just ordinary word of man like paul. e.g do think Jesus ever in his life came across the word Christian as called (his followers) in Antioch? etc.

Show me anywhere in the Bible where we can see the name Bible in the Bible or where, if at all, you can read that God ever confirm Christianity as a way of life or religion?

Whether corrupted or not, I am less concern, but you can ask people like Paul.

Is Bible in book form during Jesus's life on earth?  

Check this, may be, to know more about origin of Bible.
http://www.deism.com/biblevotes.htm
or http://www.foundationsforfreedom.net/Topics/Bible/Bible_Canonization.html

Check below for:
The Composition of the Bible
The Bible's 66 books written over a period of 1500 years by more than 40 authors.

Old Testament (OT)
The OT consists of 39 books written from 1500 BC to 400 BC mostly in Biblical Hebrew. Aramaic was used in a limited way in some texts (when in exile).

New Testament (NT)
The NT consists of 27 books written from 33 AD to 70 or 90 AD mostly written in Koine Greek. Up until 1914 they thought this language was a 'heavenly' Greek!

The Authors of the Bible
In contrast to what we might think, most of the authors were not part of a religious caste. The authors included kings and shepherds, fishermen and statesmen and men from many different walks of life. They went from being ordinary men to God's prophet. Only at a few special times did God call them to use their prophetic gift to write down God's revelation for others to read.

Then, who and who wrote the Bible?

Towards the end of this site, http://www.foundationsforfreedom.net/Topics/Bible/Bible_Version.html
I read

1) Cults like Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons use their own scriptures which should not be used. They are not the Bible.
2) Westcott and Hort were liberals. Erasmus was a humanist rather than a conservative Christian! They have done good work compiling the manuscripts, but we need to keep alert to problems as to how their beliefs influenced their work including the favoring of certain texts. Fortunately, it doesn't really affect the end product that much.
3) Note the differences between the two main schools of manuscript selection.

Summary
Of the 5,500 NT manuscript fragments, the critical text is based upon only 50 of them even though it boasts of being a broad representation of the texts. The church used the received text which represented 99% of the manuscripts.

Therefore, pls ask the church to produce the original Bible.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 05, 2006
and what is your point exactly?
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by firdaus4us: 1:15pm On Sep 06, 2006
@babyosisi
If u don't know what to write, pls print it out and contact your pastors for interpretations and possible reply!
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 06, 2006
for your info(not that it will help in any way but let me try anyway).
Christians do not run to pastors like you run to your mullahs to interprete and dig out the mind of allah and his prophet MO.

Every Mature spirit filled Christian has someone called the Holy spirit that guides them into all truths.
The pastors are not like your Mullahs that will tell you Mo married 22 wives rather than the recommended 4 to bring Islamic unity and you swallow that like a Ramadan sheep.

You are trying to discredit the Bible in a bid to promote the religion of a murderous,womanizing,pedophilic,sex maniac you call a prophet,who turned a pagan worship to a religion naming his God allah, the name of one of the gods worshipped by his quarysh tribe even though your mullahs tell you allah is the name of God almighty,we know that is false.I posted the history in another thread.
The same pedophile sprinkled the Koran with certain muddled up Biblical accounts that were twisted by him and you come here and say the Bible is corrupted with no proof and some other Muslim says some accounts in the Koran are different from the Bible as proof that the Bible has changed.

The Bible existed hundreds of years before Mohammed,allah and their Koran so who would have a better chance to corrupt bible stories,the biblical authors or Mohammed and allah his boss.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 06, 2006
But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, 21 for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God. (2 Peter 1:20-21)

In the passage above we see that scripture is 'prophecy' or 'prophetic word.' We are not talking about what it does to us but what it is. It is not a matter of interpretation. God revealed it, and the Holy Spirit 'moved' or directed the prophet as he wrote it down. We see the personalities of the writers in the scripture. God didn't dictate to them every letter but stirred and moved them.

The koran however was 'thrown down' from the skies by allah, how magical!!!
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 06, 2006
cheesy

@ Babyosisi
No, it was not "thrown down", it was "sent down" and "confirmed"!
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 06, 2006
Oh, there we go lol,thrown may be too violent,he sent it on down,how 'peaceful'
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 06, 2006
He sent it thru a Jinn, erroneously named Jubril, hiding in a rock!
He sent it down piece meal, he preffered to send it when Mo needed it at that moment to get out of sticky situations like where he was found in bed by one of his wives with a maidservant, Allah quickly "sent down" the verse that tells him all women are lawful for him, how smart of Allah to send that down to get his great servant out of such a delicate situation!

Allah also had to "send down" some verses to abrogate his earlier ones, he probably was asleep when he sent them! cheesy
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 06, 2006
LOL,I thought jinns were demons,how could they handle such holy tasks'?

Muhammad was really a very smart guy come to think of it,he was ahead of his time.
He started by being the 3rd husband of a rich widow,his boss,an older woman.
He dared not cheat on her  but as soon as she died, his hormones went berserk and he got a revelation to lust after everyone in a hijab

Now Muslims use his marriage to the older twice before married woman as a virtue.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by firdaus4us: 12:27pm On Sep 07, 2006
@davidylan

Better verses are in the Holy Quran that condemned Idols

[b]Quran 7:190-196:
They associate with Allah partners who do not create anything, but are themselves created; who cannot help them nor have the power (even) to help themselves! If you invite them to follow the Right Way, they will not follow you! It will be all the same for you whether you call them or keep silent. Those whom you invoke with Allah are MERE SERVANTS OF ALLAH LIKE YOU! Just invoke them, and if what you say of them be true, they will answer your prayers! Have they feet that they should walk with them? Or have they hands that they should hold with them? Or have they eyes that they should see with them? Or have they ears that they should hear with them? Tell them, O Muhammad, “Call up the partners you have set up, and then all of you sit down together and plot against me, and give me no respite. My Protector and Helper is Allah, Who has sent down this Book (Al Quran), and, it is He who protects the righteous people.”

Quran 35:13-14
He merges night into day, and day into night, and he has subjected the Sun and the Moon (to His Law); each one runs its course for an appointed term. Such is Allah, your Lord! To Him belongs all Dominion. Those whom you invoke besides Him, do not own even a blade of grass! If you call them, they cannot hear your prayers! And if they hear, they cannot answer you! And on the Day of Resurrection, they will disown your ‘shirk’. None can inform you of the Truth, like the One Who is acquainted with all things.

To people like u, these verses are for you:

Quran 46:4-6
Prophet, say to them, "Have you ever seen them with open eyes those whom you invoke instead of Allah? Show me what they have created in the earth? Or have they any share in the creation and control of the heavens? Bring me a Book revealed before this, or produce some remnant of knowledge in support of your beliefs if you are truthful." And who could be further astray than the one who invokes, instead of Allah, those who cannot answer him till the Day of Resurrection. Nay, they are even UNAWARE THAT THEY ARE BEING INVOKED. And when all mankind shall be gathered together (on the Day of Qiyamah), they (the so called leaders and intercessors) will become enemies of those who invoked them and they will DISOWN THEIR WORSHIP!!!

Quran16:86-87
When the people who had committed shirk in this world will see those whom they had made associates with Allah, they will say, “Our Lord, here are those associate-deities whom we used to invoke besides You.” At this their deities will retort, “You are liars!” At that time, all of them will proffer submission before Allah, and all that they used to forge in this world shall vanish from them.

I don't doubt it! U either Worship Jesus or Mary, depending on your denomination.[/b]

Answer this question:
If u believe that Allah means idol then to the Christians' Arab, what is the name of God?
@babyosisi
If u need not to run to your pastors for interpretations, then, run to that Holy ghost to interpret that post to u.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 07, 2006
@ Firdaus4them

Which "day of the resurrection" is the quran talking about? Who and who are going to be resurrected? When is that day? Who is resurrecting who and to where?
Just some trumped up fallacy mo must have come across while plagiarising the bible!
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 08, 2006
I told you the guy Mo was smart,he should have been a Nigerian.
He sought to get many followers so he added some biblical stories arbitrarily to capture the Christians and Jews,changed allah from a juju deity to the almighty to capture the pagan worshippers ,added sex and more sex to capture the perverts and womanizers.

Then when he was of the minority he told them there was no compulsion in religion but as he grew in strength he changed gear and asked his followers to capture,hunt down and wring the necks of infidels.

The guy knew what he was doing.

He practically had everyone covered.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by olabowale(m): 9:27pm On Sep 08, 2006
@Babyosisi; I read your last entry, and I said, neeh. So I left it alone without any reply to it.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 08, 2006
no be true I talk?
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by olabowale(m): 10:34pm On Sep 08, 2006
@Babyosisi; You lie. Gigantic lie. Its like the Count MoncheHousen issue. No, worst.

may God the Almighty Who is able to do all this soften your heart.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 08, 2006
what part do you dispute?
MO said he did not know what a certain allah would do to him at his demise.That should serve as a clear warning to any Muslims.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by zebudaya(m): 10:51pm On Sep 09, 2006
babyosisi:

I told you the guy Mo was smart,he should have been a Nigerian.
He sought to get many followers so he added some biblical stories arbitrarily to capture the Christians and Jews
, changed allah from a juju deity to the almighty to capture the pagan worshippers ,added sex and more sex to capture the perverts and womanizers.

Then when he was of the minority he told them there was no compulsion in religion but as he grew in strength he changed gear and asked his followers to capture,hunt down and wring the necks of infidels.

The guy knew what he was doing.

He practically had everyone covered.

you de craze grin I issue fatwa on you immediately!
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 10, 2006
Zeby darling according by ovularia na wetin I do you now?
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by zebudaya(m): 12:20am On Sep 11, 2006
you talk say make prophet no chase woman? they no been get cable those times! man bodi no be wood! wetin else man go do for desert? don't let boredom happen to you grab an ikebe!

you don tire olabowale.!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do Atheists Explain Miracles? / How Donald Trump Is The Christian Hero We Never Expected / Ethics Vs Morality an Ex Muslims Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.