Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

60 Questions For The Christians - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 60 Questions For The Christians (5443 Views)

The Christians' Dialectic : Is Telekinesis God's Given Gift Or Demonic ? / Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka / "I'd Be A Christian If It Were Not For The Christians!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2006
well today we remember the victims of 9/11.
Al queda called on all Muslims to unite and destroy the USA and wipe Israel off the map.

God will wipe Islam off the earth before that ever happens.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Hugoboi(m): 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2006
God will wipe Islam off the earth before that ever happens

Word!!!

Methinks terrorism is 4 the faint hearted looking for a way out of their miserable existence
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 12, 2006
Hugoboi:

Word!!!

Methinks terrorism is for the faint hearted looking for a way out of their miserable existence

What do you expect from a young man or woman who is one out of 30+ kids from an Arab Muslim man who is busy running around from room to room visiting 4 wives and several temporary wives that allah gave unto him.
What time did the man have to teach the kids and what morals can he even teach.
while the mother is busy figuring out how to be the beloved of the sex maniac husband at the expense of the  numerous kids they churn out like maggots to populate the Islamic world.
Unfortunately,we all feel the consequences of this child abuse and neglect.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by firdaus4us: 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2006
Up till now, the answers to the topic has not been given. Distractions everywhere.
Pls answer the questions one after the other.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by m4malik(m): 11:30am On Dec 31, 2006
It's either you deliberately closed your eyes to the answers proferred already, or you are still struggling with simple statements.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by muske(f): 3:10pm On Jan 02, 2007
babyosis and the rest,

why do u like attacking individual rather than answer questions posed at you. i have been reading your post right from the beggining, instead of you to answer questions asked you, you turned table, turning the issue to a personal thing.

the question still hangs, will u kindly answer the question and lets move forward.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by shahan(f): 7:46pm On Jan 02, 2007
I can't understand you, muske.

Did you really read the rejoinders (even if not all of them)? In fair round table dialogue, have your brethren been able to answer some of the questions raised by Christians on the Forum?
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by babs787(m): 10:58am On Jan 04, 2007
M4malik,

the topic is still lying unaswered. why not answer the questions asked you before changing over. the questions hasnt been answered. answer the questions and am waiting for your response.

shahan,

muske asked a good question, the author threw a question but all malik could do was ask another questions thereby nullifying the  earlier post, why not answer the question in all sincerity and what questions do you asked that hasnt been answered?

babyosis,

why not mellow down and go through the site posted to you by firdaus on the authentication of your bible, the authors, etc including some books that are not included in the bible but mentioned as part of the book (maybe the holy spirit didnt remember to inspire them to put them during the compilation) (there is evidence if u need, request for it).

u were quoting verses from the quran that refer to torah and Injeel and that Allah said we should believe in them. let me ask you, was Paul's, john's sayings, etc part of Torah given to jesus.

have u for one day try to ponder on your bible. Allah didnt say we should believe in the bible. there is a difference between the bible and the torah. the torah is the revelation given to jesus while the bible is a compilation of books or do u add acts of apostle, revelation etc as part of the torah or sayings of jesus?
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by muske(f): 11:15am On Jan 04, 2007
shahan,

shahan:

I can't understand you, muske.

Did you really read the rejoinders (even if not all of them)? In fair round table dialogue, have your brethren been able to answer some of the questions raised by Christians on the Forum?

Ve been folowing the thread. in a fair round table dialogue, u and your brethren failed in providing answer to the questions. u claimed your religion is superior but lack enough proof to back it up rather devised strategy of using question to answer question. ve gone through all the topics on this nairaland most especially the one involving christians and muslims in which you christians failed woefully in defending your faith.

even in this very particular post, the author threw questions at you, u never answered but u claimed to have. he asked another set of questions, u never answered too.

try answering questions posed at you before migrating to another.

u claimed that all your questions have not been answered. can you re-phrase your questions again but that will after uve answered those asked you.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by m4malik(m): 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2007
@muske & babs787,

I'm trully sorry you chaps are finding it difficult to read. Answers have been proffered, and the best you could have said is you're not satisfied, rather than 'no answers' have been offered.

In anycase, muske. . .

muske:

u claimed your religion is superior but lack enough proof to back it up rather devised strategy of using question to answer question.

The claim of "superiority of religion" is the trademark of Muslim apologists, far less so with Christians. Our one premise is pointing out the truth that Muhammad denied in order to claim the status of a prophet of the same Biblical God he never knew.

Second, there's nothing wrong with answering a question with another question - as long as it brings you back on course to the gist of the discussion. Go through my posts on Nairaland and see how many times our Muslim friends have evaded my questions one and all. I really don't mind, afterall they are not accountable to me; however, your accusations are best directed to your brethren.

muske:

ve gone through all the topics on this nairaland most especially the one involving christians and muslims in which you christians failed woefully in defending your faith.

For the mere fact that you're often careless with language, no one would take you seriously about your having gone through all the topics on this nairaland - every single one of them! And if we have to examine a few, you perhaps might have to eat back your words.

muske:

u claimed that all your questions have not been answered. can you re-phrase your questions again but that will after uve answered those asked you.

Let me for one moment oblige you that sad claim of not having satisfied your queries; in fair exchange would you first be so gracious as to proffer answers to this recurring decimal in the Qur'an: who are the "WE" and "US" in the following texts:

Sura 6 vs.94
"And behold! ye come to Us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all (the favours) which We bestowed on you. . ."

Sura 10 vs.12
"When trouble toucheth a man, he crieth unto Us (in all postures)- lying down on his side, or sitting, or standing. But when We have solved his trouble, he passeth on his way as if he had never cried to Us for a trouble that touched him! thus do the deeds of transgressors seem fair in their eyes!"

Sura 7 vs.11
"It is We Who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels prostrate to Adam, and they prostrate; not so Iblis; He refused to be of those who prostrate.

More to come when you offer answers to those. Shallom.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by babs787(m): 9:50am On Jan 08, 2007
@malik

Now to your question raised on plurality of Allah, the below we awaken you to reality

We or our that ALLAH uses in many verses of the Quran does not mean the plural of GOD BUT THE WORD OF RESPECT which even an ordinary person like you and I always use for a single person. For example, if somebody knock the door from outside, the person inside will say “who are you” “are” in this speech stands for “plural of respect”. Moreover, we use this word to ask person about his health “are you okay”? why not say “is you okay” or “who is you”?.

Using the word “we” or “our” does not mean that Allah is many.

In Arabic language for instance, when addressing one who is subordinate to you, you may address him with a singular pronoun ‘ANTA’ that is ‘you’ but where the addresse is superior (older) to the addresser, ‘ANTUM’ is usually used which is a nominate plural (you).

In yoruba language (which am conversant with) in South West of Nigeria, the older usually addresses the younger ‘IWO’ meaning ‘YOU’ (singular) and the younger will addres the older “EYIN” that is “YOU” showing the way to address one person who should be respected or honoured due to his status which may be age or position. In the language of the Quran Arabic and many other languages, an elder or a senior of any sort may address himself or herself “we” instead of “I” (U MAY RESEARCH YOURSELF).

Having explained to you, let me back it up with the below verse to awaken you from the ignorant state and stop you from hiding behind this very issue.

Quran 14v52: this is a sufficient exposition for the people and that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He (Allah) is one and those possessed of understanding may mind.

Based on the above explanation, I challenge you to explain the below to me

Genesis 1 v26: then God said “and now we will make human beings, they will be LIKE US and resemble US” (GOOD NEWS BIBLE)

Genesis 1 v26: and God went on to say “LET US make man in our image according to OUR likeness. (NEW WORLD TRANSLATION OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES)

WHY “US” AND “OUR” there?

After explaining the above, I want you to explain “be like us or likeness of God”, “resemble us” and God’s image. cos GOD SAID IN

Isaiah 40v18: to whom then will you LIKEN GOD, OR WHAT LIKENESS COMPARE WITH HIM.

Isaiah 40V35: to whom then will you COMPARE ME, and that I should be LIKE HIM.says the Holy one.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by shahan(f): 4:19pm On Jan 14, 2007
babs787:

We or our that ALLAH uses in many verses of the Quran does not mean the plural of GOD BUT THE WORD OF RESPECT which even an ordinary person like you and I always use for a single person.

In the first place, who is your *allah* respecting??

Second, does it then mean that your *allah* is like "an ordinary person like you and I"? So, if your *allah* says "We created you for the first time," you and I can say the same thing and still be singular??

babs787:

For example, if somebody knock the door from outside, the person inside will say “who are you” “are” in this speech stands for “plural of respect”.

Is this why others have accused you of poor scholarship and half-baked education? Sorry, but you missed the point. The word "are" is a verb, but such words as "We" and "Our" are pronouns. The former is a linking verb, while the latter identify the speaker.

The whole point is not about verbs, but about the identity of the beings themselves. As long as several entities are claiming to have created, that is indicative of plural identities of beings, which expose Islam for the polytheism that it actually is in reality.

babs787:

Moreover, we use this word to ask person about his health “are you okay”? why not say “is you okay” or “who is you”?.

We don't say "who is you" because only the Quraish tribe speak English like that! cheesy

Meanwhile, don't transpose the verbs for the pronouns being discussed. We are not about verbs of "is" and "are" - the question is rather about the plural pronouns of "WE" "US" and "OUR" that the *allah* of the Qur'an uses for himself to defend the pretended monotheism of Islam.

babs787:

Using the word “we” or “our” does not mean that Allah is many.

Maybe not; but it rather means that the *allah* of Islam is not sure who actually created all things, and he has to haggle and share this title among his jinns as a way of appeasing them. Take me up on that and I'll oblige you the proof texts.

babs787:

In Arabic language for instance, when addressing one who is subordinate to you, you may address him with a singular pronoun ‘ANTA’ that is ‘you’ but where the addresse is superior (older) to the addresser, ‘ANTUM’ is usually used which is a nominate plural (you).

Excellent, and I give that to you with an applause.

However, how does that distinguish the *allah* of Islam from the men of the Arab tribes who speak of one another in such language? So, let's say one Arab man rides alone from Medina to Mecca: would he be correct to tell a younger Arab youth that, "We rode from Medina to Mecca"?? Do you see the implications of what you're trying so hard to defend with weak presumptions??

babs787:

In yoruba language (which am conversant with) in South West of Nigeria, the older usually addresses the younger ‘IWO’ meaning ‘YOU’ (singular) and the younger will addres the older “EYIN” that is “YOU” showing the way to address one person who should be respected or honoured due to his status which may be age or position.

Case already sorted between language constructs. My point is, would the same case apply to the one you worship in Islam?

babs787:

In the language of the Quran Arabic and many other languages, an elder or a senior of any sort may address himself or herself “we” instead of “I” (U MAY RESEARCH YOURSELF).

I've done extensive research on the languages of the oriental world; but I guarantee you that even the Arabs will tell you not one of them claims to be the creator! Besides, your whole defence collapses if you're trying to compare the *allah* as a senior to the Arabs! cheesy

babs787:

Having explained to you, let me back it up with the below verse to awaken you from the ignorant state and stop you from hiding behind this very issue.

Quran 14v52: this is a sufficient exposition for the people and that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He (Allah) is one and those possessed of understanding may mind.

If *allah* is one as he claims, it is a shame that he could not deny the claims of his jinns who arrogate to themselves his own prerogative. They claimed to have created man and all things; as well as being the ones that early muslims worship - and all your *allah* could do is whimper that weak verse of being "one". Quaint indeed.

babs787:

Based on the above explanation, I challenge you to explain the below to me

Genesis 1 v26: then God said “and now we will make human beings, they will be LIKE US and resemble US” (GOOD NEWS BIBLE)

Genesis 1 v26: and God went on to say “LET US make man in our image according to OUR likeness. (NEW WORLD TRANSLATION OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES)

WHY “US” AND “OUR” there?

Have you ever heard of the Trinity?

babs787:

After explaining the above, I want you to explain “be like us or likeness of God”, “resemble us” and God’s image. because GOD SAID IN

Isaiah 40v18: to whom then will you LIKEN GOD, OR WHAT LIKENESS COMPARE WITH HIM.

The verses you quoted are self-explanatory: no one compares to God in His awesome power, majesty and works. The fact that man was created in the image and likeness of God does not make man God Himself!

babs787:

Isaiah 40V35: to whom then will you COMPARE ME, and that I should be LIKE HIM.says the Holy one.

Again, no one compares to Him in all His glory! How about that for the *allah* of the Qur'an who couldn't make up his mind?? cheesy
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by barikade: 10:06pm On Jan 14, 2007
Islam is purely a polytheistic religion; and this is obvious to any careful reader of the Qur'an. Many Muslims who haven't studied the Qur'an only go by what their mulas and imams tell them.

One of such is that *Allah is the revealer and speaker of the Qur'an. Wrong. The jinns who revealed the Qur'an to Muhammad clearly differentiated themselves from their *Allah; and they are the same ones who claimed that they created everything, separate from Islam's *Allah.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 14, 2007
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by barikade: 11:24pm On Jan 14, 2007
Thank you o jare, babyosisi.

The next thing the new apologists on the other side of the fence will come up with now is that you're plagiarizing. It's really laughable the excuses they devise ever so often in their weak attempt to cover up for Muhammad. If they're not condemning the folks at AnsweringIslam.com as liars, they come back with the same accusation at bible.ca and other websites. This new theory of denying Muhammad's atrocities don't seem to be working for them at all.

Here's a line of interest that confirms what I was about earlier:

"The verses of the Qur’an make it clear that the very name Allah existed in the Jahiliyya or pre-Islamic Arabia. Certain pagan tribes believed in a god whom they called ‘Allah’ and whom they believed to be the creator of heaven and earth and holder of the highest rank in the hierarchy of the gods. It is well known that the Quraish as well as other tribes believed in Allah, whom they designated as the ‘Lord of the House’ (i.e., of the Ka’ba), It is therefore clear that the Qur’anic conception of Allah is not entirely new." (A Guide to the Contents of the Qur’an, Faruq Sherif, (Reading, 1995), pgs. 21-22., Muslim)
Source: http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-polytheism-moon-worship.htm
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Ndipe(m): 11:27pm On Jan 14, 2007
Moses and Muhammad got problems and difficulties from their people initially, but were accepted by them at the end., whereas Jesus was rejected by his people at the start and is still rejected by the Jews until today. "He (Jesus) came unto his own, but his own received him not".( John 1:11)

True, the Jews rejected the Messiaship of Jesus Christ, during His Earthly Mission, but guess what? Today, there are some Jews who have accepted Him as the Messiah. They are known as Jews for Jesus Christ. Check them out on Google.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 14, 2007
The crescent moon symbol was used since 2100 BC in paganism. Polytheism has extensively used the symbol of the crescent moon as far back as Abraham as hundreds of archeological examples verify.
All the Arabs at the Kaba in Mecca worshipped the moon god Hubal.
Crescent moon is the official symbol of Islam on top of every Mosque in the world and beside the Kaba on top of the Maqam Ibrahim! It is the last remaining polytheistic remnant of ancient moon worship under a new sanitized monotheistic veil.

from the site above
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by shahan(f): 12:51am On Jan 15, 2007
babyosisi:

The [b]crescent moon symbol was used since 2100 BC in paganism. . . All the Arabs at the Kaba in Mecca worshipped the moon god Hubal. Crescent moon is the official symbol of Islam on top of every Mosque in the world and beside the Kaba on top of the Maqam Ibrahim! It is the last remaining polytheistic remnant of ancient moon worship under a new sanitized monotheistic veil.[/b]

from the site above

Has anyone wondered why Muhammad had a few chapters in the Qur'an titled by the elements he swore by? Take a look:

Qur'an 53 - AN-NAJM (THE STAR)

Qur'an 54 - AL-QAMAR (THE MOON)

Qur'an 72 - AL-JINN (THE JINN)

Qur'an 91 - ASH-SHAMS (THE SUN)

Qur'an 92 - AL-LAIL (THE NIGHT)

. . . these are all elements of his paganistic background, and by which the "messenger" received revelations of solemn oaths and thus revealed Muhammad's devotion to the pagan Arab deities of his day. Here is a list of the paganistic elements of the oaths:

Q.93 vs.1 & 2
I swear by the early hours of the day,
And the night when it covers with darkness.

Q.100 vs.1 - 3
I swear by the runners breathing pantingly,
Then those that produce fire striking,
Then those that make raids at morn,

Q.91 vs.1 - 7
I swear by the sun and its brilliance,
And the moon when it follows the sun,
And the day when it shows it,
And the night when it draws a veil over it,
And the heaven and Him Who made it,
And the earth and Him Who extended it,
And the soul and Him Who made it perfect,

Q.75 vs.1 - 2
Nay! I swear by the day of resurrection.
Nay! I swear by the self-accusing soul.

Q.74 vs.32 - 34
Nay; I swear by the moon,
And the night when it departs,
And the daybreak when it shines;

Q.79 vs.1 - 4
I swear by the angels who violently pull out the souls of the wicked,
And by those who gently draw out the souls of the blessed,
And by those who float in space,
Then those who are foremost going ahead.

One should therefore not be surprised about the idolatory that the Quraish prophet sold to Muslims; and instead of investigating the paganism in Islam, they would rather defend them and swear by anything and everything. So, it becomes obvious why the moon and star were included as symbols of Islam.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by muske(f): 5:35pm On Jan 18, 2007
shan,

you really showed your ignorant state. you are now comparing mathew, luke etc down to revelation having known that they are riddled with fantasies.

i thought u have this thing upstairs, but ur medula , has been eaten up thereby giving u no room to think.

you are confused at the names of the chapters, why not include women, table spread etc, why not do yourself good by going throug the verse and deduce the origin of the chapters rather than acting like thomas.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by shahan(f): 5:49pm On Jan 18, 2007
@muske,

muske:

shan,
you really showed your ignorant state. you are now comparing mathew, luke etc down to revelation having known that they are riddled with fantasies.

Anyone who carefully reads the twisted tales of Muhammad in the Qur'an should feel sorry for you, muske. Your *allah chose to lower his dignity to the syllables of those idols by which Muhammad swore; and in your characteristic Islamic slant, reason deserted you for a moment to fail to realise the idolatory behind those names.

muske:

i thought u have this thing upstairs, but your medula , has been eaten up thereby giving u no room to think.

It's easy: just because you have crossed-eyeballs in your sockets doesn't make you the wiser, my dear!

muske:

you are confused at the names of the chapters, why not include women, table spread etc,

The names of the chapters quoted are the very ones by which Muhammad swore like the pagan idolaters of his day, thank you.

muske:

why not do yourself good by going throug the verse and deduce the origin of the chapters rather than acting like thomas.

Going through the verses is exactly what I have done - and that's the result up there, unless you've been reading another book upside down.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 02, 2007
Let us stop diz arguments diz ppl have been blindfolded can't u see, THAT ISLAM IS FALLING
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by stimulus(m): 9:17pm On Jul 02, 2007
shocked shocked Shahan, na wah for you O!

jayon:

Let us stop diz arguments diz people have been blindfolded can't u see, THAT ISLAM IS FALLING

Well, what we can see is being denied by the islamists! Small time now, they will come again with the propaganda that Islam is the "fastest" growing religion all over the world! Remind them of how fast Sura 19:71 is being fulfilled, and wait to see the "peace" in them! grin
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by MIRACH(m): 6:33pm On Jul 03, 2007
jayon:

Let us stop diz arguments diz people have been blindfolded can't u see, THAT ISLAM IS FALLING
abeg TOLD dem o,d religion is falling every second of d day.
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by nossycheek(f): 12:04pm On Jul 04, 2007
shahan:

Going through the verses is exactly what I have done - and that's the result up there, unless you've been reading another book upside down.

I always wonder cool
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:21am On Feb 12, 2009
This was supposed to be a Christian bashing thread but see how the table has turned. How true is the saying that "He who sows to the wind will reap the whirlwind, but this one is either a hurricane or a tornado. shocked
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by Abuzola1(m): 12:51pm On Feb 16, 2010
This is interesting cheesy
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by blackcypha(m): 12:38pm On Feb 17, 2010
Zap madhammed
Zap allah
Zap islam grin
Re: 60 Questions For The Christians by seyibrown(f): 4:39pm On Sep 11, 2010
Bookmarked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Most Christians Infected With Prosperity Gospel" / "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" / How Do Atheists Explain Miracles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.