Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,019 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Why Every Mum Should Get A Child Trust For The Kids. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Every Mum Should Get A Child Trust For The Kids. (1967 Views)

Video: Of The Kids Kissing In A Lagos Church Compound / Take The Pressure Off The Kids: Why Kids Need To Play / Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Every Mum Should Get A Child Trust For The Kids. by ernie4life(m): 6:10pm On Sep 13, 2014
Many people don't understand what child trust is all about and that's why they don't make use of it. In simple terms, child trust is a safe and convenient way of securing your child/ children's future both academically and welfare.
       It is sad when you hear stories of how the bread winner of a family dies and the relatives come and share his properties without considering the kids and their welfare. We also hear stories of how couples split and the child's welfare becomes an issue. This is sad especially in a case where the wife depends solely on the husband or a wife who earns very little that is not enough to carter for both her and the kids.
    Child trust is a game changer, it offers parents the opportunity to plan and secure the future of there kids. Do you know that trust service superceds "will ".. what I mean is assuming you entrust your house to your child, it is no longer yours, even if you will it to your brother, the trust will supercede the " will". Considering that 90% of Nigerians die without a written will there by making their  asset liable to be contested by family relation.
HOW DOES CHILD TRUST WORK?
Child trust is opened in the name of the child by the parents with a certain amount of money, every year the parents contribute that same amount of money into the child trust. The money is used exclusively to help the parents actualize their educational dreams for the child and the child's welfare. The firm/ institution / trustee which you entered the trustee agreement with will insure that the money is used exclusively for the purpose for which it is ment. 
         Now let's go a little practical, what was your school fees when you where in secondary school? 
What is the current school fees of that same school today? Compare the figures, estimate what it will be when your child is ready for secondary school.
With this you will agree with me that school fees are on a steady rise of about 350%. Now ask your self what quality of education do I want for my kids and what is it going to cost me?  
A mother who truly cares for kids will start planing their tomorrow today, now is the time to get a child trust for your kids. 

BENEFITS OF CHILD TRUST
1) the trust fund is a convenient way of preserving the future of your child.
2) the child is provided for in event of your disability or death.
3) the trust fund is protected from creditors and family relatives. 
4) the trust fund is professionally managed to generate returns ( minimum of 10% annually).
5)your child's elementary, secondary or college tuition, hospital bills are paid on your behalf by the trustee from the trust fund.
6) funds are accumulated fir the future benefits of the child.

Dear mums if you know you truly love your kids now is the right time to plan and preserve their future, talk to your hubby so you can get a child trust for your kids today.
Re: Why Every Mum Should Get A Child Trust For The Kids. by ernie4life(m): 5:23am On Sep 14, 2014
ignorance is not an excuse
Re: Why Every Mum Should Get A Child Trust For The Kids. by amakajoe(f): 9:10am On Sep 14, 2014
ernie4life: ignorance is not and excuse

I don't understand pls expand ur explanation
Thanks
Re: Why Every Mum Should Get A Child Trust For The Kids. by ernie4life(m): 12:32pm On Sep 14, 2014
amakajoe:

I don't understand pls expand ur explanation
Thanks
what don't u understand?
Re: Why Every Mum Should Get A Child Trust For The Kids. by ernie4life(m): 3:38am On Oct 13, 2014
still open
Re: Why Every Mum Should Get A Child Trust For The Kids. by red101(f): 11:21am On Dec 26, 2014
hmm this is for really rich people. If God blesses me with kids and wealth then yea i'll open trust funds hahaha

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trust+fund+baby
Re: Why Every Mum Should Get A Child Trust For The Kids. by ernie4life(m): 12:29pm On Dec 26, 2014
red101:
hmm this is for really rich people. If God blesses me with kids and wealth then yea i'll open trust funds hahaha

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trust+fund+baby

anybody can do child trust for there kids, it's all about planing a better future for your kids
Re: Why Every Mum Should Get A Child Trust For The Kids. by baybiemee: 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
ernie4life:

what don't u understand?

Kindly explain what you mean by ignorance is not an excuse, it's that simple.
Re: Why Every Mum Should Get A Child Trust For The Kids. by ernie4life(m): 3:51pm On Dec 26, 2014
baybiemee:

Kindly explain what you mean by ignorance is not an excuse, it's that simple.
In this age of prolific knowledge, Good and quality education is tops among what parents owe there kids, and like they say " if you think education is expensive try ignorance ". Truth be told quality education in nigeria comes at a high price, with unstable economy and other factors school fees are on the increase everyday, today inflation is at a single digit tomorrow it could go higher. Nobody can control what happens in the economy the best you could do is the to hedge and protect your self from such.

Family values have been eroded , nobody prays it happens but it happens anyway, divorce and break up its on the rise, and when this happens the children are the ones who get affected the most.

While we keep praying to God to help us we still need to play our own part.

Get a trust or an insurance policy for your children to protect them against unforseen circumstances, to make sure your dream for them come alive. 

You could also talk to your legal adviser or financial adviser to give you more options.
Re: Why Every Mum Should Get A Child Trust For The Kids. by baybiemee: 5:55pm On Dec 26, 2014
ernie4life:

In this age of prolific knowledge, Good and quality education is tops among what parents owe there kids, and like they say " if you think education is expensive try ignorance ". Truth be told quality education in nigeria comes at a high price, with unstable economy and other factors school fees are on the increase everyday, today inflation is at a single digit tomorrow it could go higher. Nobody can control what happens in the economy the best you could do is the to hedge and protect your self from such.

Family values have been eroded , nobody prays it happens but it happens anyway, divorce and break up its on the rise, and when this happens the children are the ones who get affected the most.

While we keep praying to God to help us we still need to play our own part.

Get a trust or an insurance policy for your children to protect them against unforseen circumstances, to make sure your dream for them come alive. 

You could also talk to your legal adviser or financial adviser to give you more options.

It's a great idea, and I am very interested in it. Am sure it's the same with flexisave of FBN insurance. A staff of theirs spoke to me earlier about it. Will just need to carry hubby along. Nice one, thanks
Re: Why Every Mum Should Get A Child Trust For The Kids. by ernie4life(m): 6:27pm On Dec 26, 2014
baybiemee:

It's a great idea, and I am very interested in it. Am sure it's the same with flexisave of FBN insurance. A staff of theirs spoke to me earlier about it. Will just need to carry hubby along. Nice one, thanks

trust is quite different from savings,
Trust has a legal backing
Trust is not subject to tax
Trust involves four entities ( the settlor, the Beneficiary, the custodian and the fund manager)
Re: Why Every Mum Should Get A Child Trust For The Kids. by johnforem: 8:48am On Dec 29, 2020
If you want your child protection, you can read about the [url="https://theangeltrust.com/child-trust-fund-as-junior-individual-saving-accounts/"]Child Trust Fund[/url], which refers to a long-term tax-free savings account for children in the UK. Junior ISAs are long-term, Tax-Free Savings Accounts for Children in the UK. Currently, for the tax year 2020-2021, saving limits are set to £9,000 for Junior ISAs.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Remember This? (photos) / What Is Something You Did As A Child That Your Parents Don't Know About? / 5 Table Manners A Child Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.