Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Please Pray For A Brother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Pray For A Brother (2389 Views)

What We Men Really Pray For In Marriage (Photo) / Please Pray For Babyosisi's Dad / Please Pray For This Pregnant Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Pray For A Brother by deltateam: 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2014
Greetings to you all.Am in the family section and I believe that this place holds a key to my marital success.

Am a man who is struggling to build something and probably get married by next year. I need your prayers to make my hustle to prosper so I can testify. Word of encouragement and prayers here will be appreciated. This is my first time of posting this but I believe it will work for me. So by next year I will come here and testify.

I was led to do this. God bless you as you comply.
Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 13, 2014
I wish you success.

1 Like

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by KillerBeauty(f): 7:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hope ur hustle is legit o
Re: Please Pray For A Brother by deltateam: 7:31pm On Sep 13, 2014
KillerBeauty: Hope ur hustle is legit o

Yes it is.

2 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Coldfeet(f): 7:36pm On Sep 13, 2014
Looking forward to that testimony thread next year from you op! Wish you success cool

3 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by EfemenaXY: 7:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
deltateam: Greetings to you all.Am in the family section and I believe that this place holds a key to my marital success.

Am a man who is struggling to build something and probably get married by next year. I need your prayers to make my hustle to prosper so I can testify. Word of encouragement and prayers here will be appreciated. This is my first time of posting this but I believe it will work for me. So by next year I will come here and testify.

What's the rush?

If you're struggling this much, barely a year to your proposed date of getting married, then maybe you should seriously re-evaluate if getting hitched now is the best decision to take.
Re: Please Pray For A Brother by deltateam: 7:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
EfemenaXY:

What's the rush?

If you're struggling this much, barely a year to your proposed date of getting married, then maybe you should seriously re-evaluate if getting hitched now is the best decision to take.

My sister it is o. Bible even said he that findeth a wife findeth a good thing and obtains favour from God. I have been toiling over the years so its not a matter of time but favour and grace.

Like I said I was led to do this and I believe it will break that marital barrier to my marriage and launch me into a new realm of abundance and marital success. Even 1 month is too much a time for God to transform a man not to say 1 year.

This will surely work for me. Just do your part.

10 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by EfemenaXY: 7:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
deltateam:

My sister it is o. Bible even said he that findeth a wife findeth a good thing and obtains favour from God. I have been toiling over the years so its not a matter of time but favour and grace.

Like I said I was led to do this and I believe it will break that marital barrier to my marriage and launch me into a new realm of abundance and marital success. Even 1 month is too much a time for God to transform a man not to say 1 year.

What do you mean by you were led to do this?

Someone 'prophesied' that you should get married? This decision isn't of your own making but of someone else's on your behalf??
Re: Please Pray For A Brother by KillerBeauty(f): 8:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
deltateam:

Yes it is.

God bless your hustle

1 Like

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by deltateam: 8:21pm On Sep 13, 2014
EfemenaXY:

What do you mean by you were led to do this?

Someone 'prophesied' that you should get married? This decision isn't of your own making but of someone else's on your behalf??

Please we don't need this argument. Its my faith that matters. Nobody prophesied anything.

5 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by EfemenaXY: 8:22pm On Sep 13, 2014
deltateam:

Please we don't need this argument. Its my faith that matters. Nobody prophesied anything.

Am I arguing with you?

1 Like

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 13, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Am I arguing with you?
yes, you like argument. tongue

8 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by EfemenaXY: 8:31pm On Sep 13, 2014
krall: yes, you like argument. tongue

My nemesis...you don come again?

How your recharge card biz? I hear say you dey expand into iron bending + pepper grinding tinz... sad sad

Kia! That person(s) liking Brother Krall's post...issoright...dia is god o! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 13, 2014
EfemenaXY:

My nemesis...you don come again?

How your recharge card biz? I hear say you dey expand into iron bending + pepper grinding tinz... sad sad

Kia! That person(s) liking Brother Krall's post...issoright...dia is god o! cheesy
no na vulcanizer work.
Re: Please Pray For A Brother by breadplanets(f): 8:36pm On Sep 13, 2014
Op God will surely see you through.

4 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 13, 2014
EfemenaXY:

What's the rush?

He's only trying to set a target/aim, then work towards it.... Don't people set targets? undecided...it doesn't mean the target or goal must actually be fulfilled but he has to strive and then hopes it comes to be...

I wish you the best... may God be with ya

3 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by EfemenaXY: 8:51pm On Sep 13, 2014
MarvellousGod: He's only trying to set a target/aim, then work towards it.... Don't people set targets? undecided...it doesn't mean the target or goal must actually be fulfilled but he has to strive and then hopes it comes to be...

I wish you the best... may God be with ya

Of course people set targets. But what do you do when your target's going to miss it's deadline?

Would postponing till he's better off financially kill him? Has he got a biological clock to beat? It's irksome to read about people rushing into life changing events ill-prepared, then hoping God will do the rest.

Marriage is no can of beans.
Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Purecotton: 8:52pm On Sep 13, 2014
deltateam:

I totally relate with you on this.

My husband too struggled to get a breakthrough career wise. He took a step of faith and decided we do our family introduction. Barely 48hours to the event he got a job in the field he's been seeking.

Although the pay isn't great but it's was far better than staying at home earning nothing.

I agree. Whoever finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favour from The Lord.

5 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Of course people set targets. But what do you do when your target's going to miss it's deadline?

Would postponing till he's better off financially kill him? Has he got a biological clock to beat? It's irksome to read about people rushing into life changing events ill-prepared, then hoping God will do the rest.

Marriage is no can of beans.
You're right but this your line of argument will come in if by next year he still wants to get married despite being financially unstable. .for now, it's just a wish/target...This wish of his will motivate him to struggle harder..

5 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by EfemenaXY: 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
MarvellousGod: You're right but this your line of argument will come in if by next year he still wants to get married despite being financially unstable. .for now, it's just a wish/target...This wish of his will motivate him to struggle harder..

He sounded quite determined to me.

See, this is the picture I get when I read stories like these...after getting married by-fire-by-force...the kids start coming pretty quickly. So, say for example, he's blessed with triplets? What do we read next?

Stories that touch the heart...An appeal from wifey calling on all well-meaning Nigerians, Community Elders, and even the World Health Organisation to help them fund / buy nappies, SMA, clothes for their kids...especially as Oga's done a 'runner'.

1 Like

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by deltateam: 9:17pm On Sep 13, 2014
EfemenaXY:

He sounded quite determined to me.

See, this is the picture I get when I read stories like these...after getting married by-fire-by-force...the kids start coming pretty quickly. So, say for example, he's blessed with triplets? What do we read next?

Stories that touch the heart...An appeal from wifey calling on all well-meaning Nigerians, Community Elders, and even the World Health Organisation to help them fund / buy nappies, SMA, clothes for their kids...especially as Oga's done a 'runner'.

Your concern is duly noted but it will never be so. Please stop being pessimistic and wet blanket.

6 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by EfemenaXY: 9:19pm On Sep 13, 2014
deltateam:

Your concern is duly noted but it will never be so. Please stop being pessimistic and wet blanket.

Easy on the name calling bros.

I'm not pessimistic, nor am I a wet blanket. I'm a realist and down-to-earth person.

What did you mean by saying God will take care of the rest?
Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2014
OP may your heart desires and mine come to pass in Jesus Name

8 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Abrilla(f): 9:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
Laugh won kill me oh
Efe don't you understand some Nigerians and marriage
They believe marriage comes with its own blessings so you don't have to be a lil comfortable to get married
When they get there they will cross the bridge
Its well with some mindset

1 Like

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by EfemenaXY: 9:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
Abrilla: Laugh won kill me oh
Efe don't you understand some Nigerians and marriage
They believe marriage comes with its own blessings so you don't have to be a lil comfortable to get married
When they get there they will cross the bridge
Its well with some mindset

Exactly my point, sis!

I personally don't see the need for the creation of this thread in the first place. Nairalanders praying for a person who willingly wants to jump from frying pan to the fire ill-prepared...

Anyway, good luck with his ventures sha.
Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 14, 2014
deltateam: Greetings to you all.Am in the family section and I believe that this place holds a key to my marital success.

" Ask and it shall be given" that is what my bible tells me. I pray all your heart desires shall be fulfilled, and you will have reasons to testify before the end of this year. It well with you my brother, keep your faith moving and work towards it.

2 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by priest2u(m): 3:37am On Sep 14, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Exactly my point, sis!

I personally don't see the need for the creation of this thread in the first place. Nairalanders praying for a person who willingly wants to jump from frying pan to the fire ill-prepared...

Anyway, good luck with his ventures sha.
Why are you discouraging him ? Between everyone is free to marry whenever they feel it's time , you sound like a gold digger. You don't sound like a woman who is willing to work hard with a man she loves and build a future together . Also couples are free to defer child bearing till when they are comfortable.

5 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Nobody: 5:29am On Sep 14, 2014
Don't be so quick to attack Efe and label her a pessimist
As much as we have faith, faith without works is dead.
I know so many situations where people assumed marriage would be their breakthrough and when it didn't happen their spouse became the scape goat calling them bad luck and evil.
What Efe means is beyond hoping the marriage will be the solution to your challenges have a plan.
The lady you want to marry does she work to support you?
What percentage of what you earn now can you put aside for house keeping?

If a child comes after marriage can you afford the expenses?
What kind of wedding do you hope to have??

We don't make plans because we are faithless we make plans because we have faith that when we start God steps in but God will need something to work with. When Jesus was turning water into wine the people provided the water he used
When Jesus fed 5000 the people provided the initial loaves and fishes.
So in essence have a well laid out plan beyond " God will provide " and " he who finds a wife".

2 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by priest2u(m): 5:47am On Sep 14, 2014
aisha2: Don't be so quick to attack Efe and label her a pessimist
As much as we have faith, faith without works is dead.
I know so many situations where people assumed marriage would be their breakthrough and when it didn't happen their spouse became the scape goat calling them bad luck and evil.
What Efe means is beyond hoping the marriage will be the solution to your challenges have a plan.
The lady you want to marry does she work to support you?
What percentage of what you earn now can you put aside for house keeping?

If a child comes after marriage can you afford the expenses?
What kind of wedding do you hope to have??

We don't make plans because we are faithless we make plans because we have faith that when we start God steps in but God will need something to work with. When Jesus was turning water into wine the people provided the water he used
When Jesus fed 5000 the people provided the initial loaves and fishes.
So in essence have a well laid out plan beyond " God will provide " and " he who finds a wife".
I have one question for you , is marriage only for the rich or comfortable? Poor people also get married , raised kids and that's d fact of life . Don't work yourself too much over things you can't understand . Even your bible says " he made both d poor and d rich " . The idea that a man must be comfortable before getting married is so wrong , he just need to look for a woman at his own level . There is a man for every woman and vice versa.
There are so many market women with petty trade in Nigeria sending their children to higher institution . A strong and virtuous woman can never be afraid to get married to a poor man #FACT#

8 Likes

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 14, 2014
priest2u:
I have one question for you , is marriage only for the rich or comfortable? Poor people also get married , raised kids and that's d fact of life . Don't work yourself too much over things you can't understand . Even your bible says " he made both d poor and d rich " . The idea that a man must be comfortable before getting married is so wrong , he just need to look for a woman at his own level . There is a man for every woman and vice versa.

KINDLY show me one place I mentioned comfort, riches or poverty in my post.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by Nobody: 5:56am On Sep 14, 2014
No wonder marriages collapse.
What a foundation!

1 Like

Re: Please Pray For A Brother by priest2u(m): 5:57am On Sep 14, 2014
aisha2:

KINDLY show me one place I mentioned comfort, riches or poverty in my post.
Thank you
First you took side with Efe . Second, you raise too many question that are not relevant if he has found d right woman to marry .

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Her Husband Is Cheating And Depriving Her Of Sex So She Wants To Retaliate. What / I Have An Amazingly Handsome Son / How My Husband Caught Me In Bed With Our Gateman (sponsored Post)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.