Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Genotype: Between AA And As.which One Is Common?? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Genotype: Between AA And As.which One Is Common?? (2399 Views)

Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS / Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? / The Marriage Between "aa" And "ss", "as" And Ss. (wat's The Product) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genotype: Between AA And As.which One Is Common?? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
I've been searching Google for this information. i did'nt find what im looking for

Doctors, nurses, medical practitioners in the house...
what is the statistics between genotype AA and AS
which is the Highest??

Thanks for your contribution...
Re: Genotype: Between AA And As.which One Is Common?? by Psittacus(m): 8:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
I remembered my lecturer said AS is common in West Africa, due to what he called Heterozygous Advantage. The S gene is a mutant of the A gene due to frequent malaria attack. The sickle hemoglobin in AS results in up population of natural antibodies. When many AA hav died from malaria and other infections, AS were able to survive. Law of natural selection. But with the introduction of vacines and cure for this diseases, i think the AS gene is still on top. The Doc. can tell beta

2 Likes

Re: Genotype: Between AA And As.which One Is Common?? by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 14, 2014
Re: Genotype: Between AA And As.which One Is Common?? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 14, 2014
thank you @Atibu1983
Re: Genotype: Between AA And As.which One Is Common?? by zainharb: 4:30pm On Sep 14, 2014
I have an uncommon genotype AC
Re: Genotype: Between AA And As.which One Is Common?? by Ronnie65(f): 3:47am On Sep 25, 2014
AS........
Re: Genotype: Between AA And As.which One Is Common?? by trendphemmy(m): 4:14am On Sep 25, 2014
1-3% of nigerian population is ss, sc. while 25% is AS AC. D rest AA

1 Like

Re: Genotype: Between AA And As.which One Is Common?? by passionate88: 10:31am On Nov 01, 2014
zainharb:
I have an uncommon genotype AC
Seriously?... AC?.
Re: Genotype: Between AA And As.which One Is Common?? by kbshow100(m): 11:02am On Feb 26, 2018
trendphemmy:
1-3% of nigerian population is ss, sc. while 25% is AS AC. D rest AA
please sir, can you give the source of this data. Thank you very much
Re: Genotype: Between AA And As.which One Is Common?? by kelvin019: 11:06am On May 26, 2019
From the website:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3186017/

715 persons from lagos were used for the survey within age 1 - 50
73.1% had HbAHbA genotype (AA),
24.5% had HbAHbS, (AS)
2.4% had HbSHbS (SS)

While 0.05% were other genotypes that are not common which may include AC, CC etc.

(1) (Reply)

Meet The 27yr Old Girl Who Held A Goodbye Party For Her Breasts. / Tokunbo Fairly Used Aluminum Anti-rust Wheelchairs For Sale / Bauchi Discharges 9 COVID-19 Patients, Records 2 Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.