Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,610 members, 7,770,615 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:07 PM

Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? (57511 Views)

Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? / Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS / Please Explain Genotype AA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Leem4: 7:51am On Dec 20, 2014
[b]i was born in the mid 90s. At birth i am a very healthy child according to my mum and relatives. My mum said, she can count the number's of time she took to the hospital.

It all started, when i am six years old, i started having crises. Majorly rheumatic pains in my body.
When these become convesant, our doctor told my, parent to carry out genotype test on me. As per the result of the test, i am SC. Since i am young, i dont have the knowlegde nor understanding about these.

Some month ago, a program is being aired in regards to advice to youth, base on genotype.
Then i voiced out to my parent, that as an literate , WHY did they get married to each other when they knew they will give bith to SS. WHY did they give birth to me to make me suffer. WHY do i have to live my life like these always, (they dont allow me to get involve in many activities ). As the conversation ensued, my mum said, during her time, the awareness level is low, and people dont even mind it.

Six years ago, for rougly two years, i didnt go the hospital, talkless of having crises. Am very healthy, but since last year, the crises and many health issue erupt again.

We relocated, then we changed our hospital, the doc the said my parents and i should go for genotype test and blood group test.
THIS is where the problem lie's, my mum is AA and my dad is AC. Regarding to the bloog group test, all of us are A+. With my little, knowledge, about genetics, if AA and AC is cross breed, they will give rise to AA AC AA AA. And they are both A+ they will give birth to A+. When i showed my mum these mistake, he told my dad, then we went to another hospital to retake the test which is still the same.
Now my question is this possible,? Is there any scientific backing about these, or are the not my parent, but i have physical resemblance to my dad.
Please i need your answer's
[/b]

9 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by alabiyemmy(m): 7:58am On Dec 20, 2014
oNLY YOUR mUM CAN ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.

186 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by donmalcolm21(m): 8:08am On Dec 20, 2014
The woman knows the father to all the children why the Father acts like a bull in a China shop.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Leem4: 8:38am On Dec 20, 2014
donmalcolm21:
The woman knows the father to all the children why the Father acts like a bull in a China shop.
PLS READ TRU AGAIN my mum is AA, AND I AM SC, AND DAD IS AS. SO I HAVE MY DAD S GENE, WHERE DID THE C IN MY GEN COME FROM

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Leem4: 8:41am On Dec 20, 2014
alabiyemmy:
oNLY YOUR mUM CAN ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.
what is giving concern is dat my mum is AA not dad.
Assumming my mum is As and dad is AA, den something is wrong. But my MUM IS AA. Even if she is unfaithful dat A must appear in my gene

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by MummyEsther: 6:23pm On Dec 20, 2014
Please forgive me first for what im about to say but it might be correct.

Your dad must have had you from a woman who had SC. I'm sorry its quite harsh to conclude it like this but that's the only medical explanation. Your mom must have taken you from your biological mom. it probably was an arrangement btw your mom and dad. Did they tell you they waited for a few years without a child before they had you?
I'm on the ttc forum where i saw your post, so I know such can happen especially if your dad was fertile and mom was not. As at that time they had you.

It could also be that they adopted you. Only DNA can prove all your doubts..

All you should worry about is your health and how to live long, don't press on them too much if they refuse to tell you. What trying to conceive women face in their homes and environment is enough to kill a woman psychologically.

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Leem4: 7:02pm On Dec 20, 2014
MummyEsther:
Please forgive me first for what im about to say but it might be correct.

Your dad must have had you from a woman who had SC. I'm sorry its quite harsh to conclude it like this but that's the only medical explanation. Your mom must have taken you from your biological mom. it probably was an arrangement btw your mom and dad. Did they tell you they waited for a few years without a child before they had you?
I'm on the ttc forum where i saw your post, so I know such can happen especially if your dad was fertile and mom was not. As at that time they had you.

It could also be that they adopted you. Only DNA can prove all your doubts..

All you should worry about is your health and how to live long, don't press on them too much if they refuse to tell you. What trying to conceive women face in their homes and environment is enough to kill a woman psychologically.
i kno i should expect
Is dere no scientific prove reg

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:27pm On Dec 20, 2014
laye laye, its impossible!
There's a foul play!
Last Bullet
Baologicali (Biologically), the parents should v AA, AS, AA, AA.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 20, 2014
There are two logical explanations.

1. The tests were inaccurately done. The one done on your mum is most likely wrong. Your mum should be 'AS', nt 'AA'.

2. If the tests were re-done for the 3rd time and they still give the same outcome, then your dad and your mum is guilty of a conspiracy when you were conceived years back. Your dad likely had an affair and your mum chose to accept you as hers, just to cover up the reproach the scandal would have brought!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Leem4: 8:00pm On Dec 20, 2014
I think, every one is saying there is a conspiracy, so there is no scientifical prove?

3 Likes

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Leem4: 8:08pm On Dec 20, 2014
Marc9:
There are two logical explanations.

1. The tests were inaccurately done. The one done on your mum is most likely wrong. Your mum should be 'AS', nt 'AA'.

2. If the tests were re-done for the 3rd time and they still give the same outcome, then your dad and your mum is guilty of a conspiracy when you were conceived years back. Your dad likely had an affair and your mum chose to accept you as hers, just to cover up the reproach the scandal would have brought!
mayb her child died or something. Because, if am nt her child, i have my pregnacy mate in my village in whch we grew up 2geda. And my mum speaks of days of preg

2 Likes

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 20, 2014
Leem4:
mayb her child died or something. Because, if am nt her child, i have my pregnacy mate in my village in whch we grew up 2geda. And my mum speaks of days of preg

That one sef possible!

2 Likes

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by figur: 12:31am On Dec 21, 2014
It is also possible you could have been switched at birth by the nurses/midwives mistakenly.As for you taking after your dad in appearance...well children tend to take after the physical appearances and characteristics of those who bring them up after a while.

45 Likes

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Leem4: 6:42pm On Dec 21, 2014
figur:
It is also possible you could have been switched at birth by the nurses/midwives mistakenly.As for you taking after your dad in appearance...well children tend to take after the physical appearances and characteristics of those who bring them up after a while.
hmm

2 Likes

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by detutu1: 9:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
Oun mee riri shocked

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by reaky(m): 7:32am On Dec 22, 2014
figur:

Seconded

8 Likes

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by jamesbridget13(f): 1:24pm On May 12, 2015
only God knws how. science is not final

7 Likes

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by EagleScribes: 3:26pm On Jun 26, 2015
I think lalasticlala should know about this and let thw whole house contribute to this.

It's a wonder that there's no scientific proof to this

Leem4, you are not the only one on this. I have heard of similar issues and DNA tests even proved that they were real parents of the child. A very similar story to yours

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by dayosaurus(m): 3:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
I know this will hurt.

But the truth is

One/both are not your biological parents. .

Buh it doesn't matter, as long as they love n care for please let sleeping dogs lie

Leem4:
I think, every one is saying there is a conspiracy, so there is no scientifical prove?

It's impossible, a leopard can't give birth to a cheetah

3 Likes

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Burger01(m): 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2015
AA! For SC! No frigging way! sad

3 Likes

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by adamshuaib(m): 3:41pm On Jun 26, 2015
First Page tinzz
Leem4:
PLS READ TRU AGAIN my mum is AA, AND I AM SC, AND DAD IS AS. SO I HAVE MY DAD S GENE, WHERE DID THE C IN MY GEN COME FROM

its SS not SC
Its AA or AS or SS
Noo SC, it doesn't exist
SS can only be given birth by AS + AS soo both ur parents had to be AS to get u

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 3:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
Hold on, lemme confirm from doctor sid.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by GodMode: 3:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
No, its not possible..
Someone did wayo..
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Mubbyleey(m): 3:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
Haba! it's not possible... yeye dey smell
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Goldenheart(m): 3:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Swagk101(m): 3:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
I smell rat.Btw, u are asking for a scientific proof right? Seems Emmyboy has an answer tho...listen 2 wat he gat

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by EMMYB0Y(m): 3:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
impossible

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by efilefun(m): 3:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
cool
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Drsmiles(m): 3:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
Doctors point of view grin
Impossible if all these tests are true positives
However the tests should be repeated ( your dad may carry the AS genotype )
Before you jump to conclusions
And contrary to some 'voiced' opinion here
The SC genotype actually exists

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by dramenda(f): 3:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
Will comment later
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Chukwutobi: 3:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
It could happen.

The best thing now is for you to make a decision not give birth to more SC or SS.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by BUSHHUNTER: 3:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
there is two things involved:

Is either that woman or father is not your real parent

Or

There is error in the test you guys carried out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Final Year MAPOLY Student Slumps And Dies While Taking Her Bath (Photo) / Nigerian Lady Finds This Inside Her Bra (Video) / Coronavirus Can Be Sexually Transmitted - Osagie Ehanire, Health Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.