Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food (1931 Views)

My Cousin Is A Torn In My Mother's Flesh. How Do I Handle It? / A Nairalander Retakes photo Of His Mum And Siblings After 24 Years / His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by smada13(m): 9:36pm On Sep 13, 2014
Been having a little issue with my mum this past days where she'll prepare dinner for me and I will eat little of it due to my coming home late, eating out with friends and all that...

however things took a turn last night when I took a friend out to take few things....by the time I got back, I was full but managed to eat little of wat she prepared.. When she saw the leftover this morning, she was pissed and decided not to prepare breakfast... I resorted to eating indomie and went to my girl's place...

few hours after I got to my girl's place, I told her I was hungry and she went to prepare yam n egg....unfortunately for me her elder brothers came back with her parents and I was so shy to eat cus I've never ate in their house save for the fruits her mum do offer me (in fact her mum offered me pawpaw wen she settled down and I ate it). my girl saw the shy expression on my face n packed the food for me so I'll eat it when I get home....meanwhile, she had starved off her brothers from touching the food and one got upset cuz of that while the eldest one got the message....

fast forward back to my house this evening, my mum saw me come in with a packed food and refused to answer my greeting...only for her to tell my niece to send my wheat meal and soup to me...

Now, I'm confused..., which should I eat? I can't afford not eating the FIRST FOOD my girl prepared exclusively for me, and this my mum's food I can't refuse so as not to incur her wrath...

More so, yam and egg & wheat and vegetable are two distinct food you can't combine...

What should I do??
Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 13, 2014
Tell your mother when you will be home to eat and when not.

1 Like

Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by smada13(m): 9:41pm On Sep 13, 2014
carefreewannabe: Tell your mother when you will be home to eat and when not.

that's what I hope to do starting from tomorrow but I need to survive tonight's onslaught now..
Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 13, 2014
smada13:

that's what I hope to do starting from tomorrow but I need to survive tonight's onslaught now..

Be nice and apologize. She does not mean to punish you. She is just disappointed that you did not appreciate her food. You know how mothers are. wink

1 Like

Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by Lolaabokoku(f): 9:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
eat part of each food and live the rest. Shikkena!

1 Like

Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by smada13(m): 10:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Be nice and apologize. She does not mean to punish you. She is just disappointed that you did not appreciate her food. You know how mothers are. wink

aww....apologize?? can't even look at her face maybe I'll combine it with what I'll tell her tomorrow but for now I need to find a way around these foods
Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by ifyalways(f): 10:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
Clears throat. . .

"Some have food but cannot eat. Some can eat but have no food." cheesy

Yam fried/boiled since noon won't be as appetising as warm, freshly cooked veggie soup and wheat. If I were you, I will be digging the wheat. The yam can wait.

2 Likes

Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by smada13(m): 10:09pm On Sep 13, 2014
Lolaabokoku: eat part of each food and live the rest. Shikkena!

that's a nice idea o...but for the leftover!!! I'm done for!!!
Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by EfemenaXY: 10:11pm On Sep 13, 2014
@OP: And you created a thread for this? For Nairalanders to help you decide what to eat tonight? Like seriously??

5 Likes

Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by smada13(m): 10:19pm On Sep 13, 2014
ifyalways: Clears throat. . .

"Some have food but cannot eat. Some can eat but have no food." cheesy

Yam fried/boiled since noon won't be as appetising as warm, freshly cooked veggie soup and wheat. If I were you, I will be digging the wheat. The yam can wait.

it wasn't noon o....and mind you I don't want to collect the food from her o, she forced it on me cuz I've always been avoiding eating at her place....and it will be very bad of me to throw that food away all because its not fresh anymore... plus its the first food she'll cook for me o
Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by smada13(m): 10:21pm On Sep 13, 2014
EfemenaXY: @OP: And you created a thread for this? For Nairalanders to help you decide what to eat tonight? Like seriously??

its not about what to eat but how to please both parties and not have issues with any of them
Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by EfemenaXY: 10:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
smada13:

its not about what to eat but how to please both parties and not have issues with any of them

And what if nairalanders can't provide you with the much coveted 'solution' you seek? Then what?
Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by freecocoa(f): 10:34pm On Sep 13, 2014
EfemenaXY: @OP: And you created a thread for this? For Nairalanders to help you decide what to eat tonight? Like seriously??
Someone left me feeling really sad/angry this night and here I am on NL, looking to get my mind off it and maybe find some laughter, only to unfortunately jam this thread.

Like why is the universe against me tonight? Now I just feel like committing murder. angry

1 Like

Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by hushmail: 10:35pm On Sep 13, 2014
guy u no get fridge for house??

eat ur mum food, put ur chick own for fridge

tomorrow u eat am,

alternatively, eat both chikena grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 13, 2014

Hahahahahahaha. Very soon, someone will create a thread asking what time should they sleep? 9pm or 10pm?

1 Like

Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by davno: 10:44pm On Sep 13, 2014
Ur girl is not with u at home. So discard her food and eat ur mum's food. After d meal, go and tell ur mum how wonderful d meal was. She will be very pleased.

After that, call ur girl and LIE to her. Tell her d yam and whatever was too good and dt u'll want more of it. Ur girl will be very happy.

This way, u get to please two important women in ur life.

Don't let ur long throat for yam and egg make u hurt ur mum. A man has to lie his way true for peace to reign atimes.

1 Like

Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by jayedu108: 10:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
Lolaabokoku: eat part of each food and live the rest. Shikkena!
Hmmm longtime aare u dawn wit ur studies at akoka.
Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by smada13(m): 12:13am On Sep 14, 2014
davno: Ur girl is not with u at home. So discard her food and eat ur mum's food. After d meal, go and tell ur mum how wonderful d meal was. She will be very pleased.

After that, call ur girl and LIE to her. Tell her d yam and whatever was too good and dt u'll want more of it. Ur girl will be very happy.

This way, u get to please two important women in ur life.

Don't let ur long throat for yam and egg make u hurt ur mum. A man has to lie his way true for peace to reign atimes.

thanks but I can't lie to her......,I ate the yam anyways based on my niece's words....... will eat d wheat on Sunday plus d yam would v lost taste by Sunday unlike the wheat....my probs is in not seeing leftover....so my eating d wheat before going to church solves that....

thanks anyways n everyone.

1 Like

Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by smada13(m): 12:14am On Sep 14, 2014
Nashville:

Hahahahahahaha. Very soon, someone will create a thread asking what time should they sleep? 9pm or 10pm?

is that you people's probs go get a life jare
Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by smada13(m): 12:16am On Sep 14, 2014
freecocoa: Someone left me feeling really sad/angry this night and here I am on NL, looking to get my mind off it and maybe find some laughter, only to unfortunately jam this thread.

Like why is the universe against me tonight? Now I just feel like committing murder. angry

you can go ahead if you can stand the consequences.....and who are u killing
Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by smada13(m): 12:17am On Sep 14, 2014
hushmail: guy u no get fridge for house??

eat ur mum food, put ur chick own for fridge

tomorrow u eat am,

alternatively, eat both chikena grin grin

eat both? na die I dey....... thanks sha
Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by smada13(m): 12:19am On Sep 14, 2014
EfemenaXY:

And what if nairalanders can't provide you with the much coveted 'solution' you seek? Then what?

I already got it....I just felt like sharing it to get responses and see if this has happened to someone before...... thanks sha
Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by Jennydoris(f): 12:30am On Sep 14, 2014
Just package the one your babe gave you and put them in the fridge and eat the one your mum prepared. Then warm the one in the fridge tomorrow as your breakfast. It's better you eat your mum's food if possible eat the whole eba but if u can't, make sure you lick the whole soup. I don't know how you're going to do it but just try. You may not know how happy she will be when she finds out that you ate almost everything. You can always explain to your girlfriend about what happened and settle things but you have no explanation to give to your mum. Remember she is your mother and your babe remains your girlfriend until marriage changes her name to yours, your mum still have every right to prepare and keep food for you to a very large extent more so when you both are staying together. Then later you can kindly tell her when and when not to keep food for you. She is your mum, please give her that sense of belonging until your wife to be takes over from her. My opinion though.
Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by smada13(m): 5:29am On Sep 14, 2014
Jennydoris: Just package the one your babe gave you and put them in the fridge and eat the one your mum prepared. Then warm the one in the fridge tomorrow as your breakfast. It's better you eat your mum's food if possible eat the whole eba but if u can't, make sure you lick the whole soup. I don't know how you're going to do it but just try. You may not know how happy she will be when she finds out that you ate almost everything. You can always explain to your girlfriend about what happened and settle things but you have no explanation to give to your mum. Remember she is your mother and your babe remains your girlfriend until marriage changes her name to yours, your mum still have every right to prepare and keep food for you to a very large extent more so when you both are staying together. Then later you can kindly tell her when and when not to keep food for you. She is your mum, please give her that sense of belonging until your wife to be takes over from her. My opinion though.

hmmm.....will have to really ponder on this......though I ate my girl's food, I'll talk my mum in..... thanks
Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by Jackeeh(m): 7:41pm On Sep 14, 2014
How old are you again? 10? 11? 5?

1 Like

Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by Kanwulia: 8:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
You must be feeling cool with yourself!
A jobless mum and a jobless "your girl" competing to poison you!
Shior! angry

Shows women never grow old with desperado syndrome!
A grown-azzzze man who cannot PLAN his own meals.
Mtcheeeew!
Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by tellwisdom: 8:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
Mumu child
Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by Baddo101(m): 10:30pm On Sep 14, 2014
Guy. eat d one u cam eat in ur room if i av one package d rest in ur bag or whatever take dem along 2mrw and throw d rest in a dumping site. or ur office trash can.......if una get one.
Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by Nobody: 3:11am On Sep 15, 2014
I haff die.

Op,do we look like a nutritionist,or time-table maker here. Good,now we know you girl,and your mum are good cook..Next!
Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by smada13(m): 6:02am On Sep 15, 2014
Kanwulia: You must be feeling cool with yourself!
A jobless mum and a jobless "your girl" competing to poison you!
Shior! angry

Shows women never grow old with desperado syndrome!
A grown-azzzze man who cannot PLAN his own meals.
Mtcheeeew!

Hey! did you just call my mum n girl jobless Its obvious you have no home training.....had it been you were brought up properly, you won't have made that statement. I pity your parents, they've wasted their investment on you. SMH4U

1 Like

Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by smada13(m): 6:04am On Sep 15, 2014
tellwisdom: Mumu child

its obvious you are!!! silly thing....
Re: Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food by smada13(m): 6:05am On Sep 15, 2014
Baddo101: Guy. eat d one u cam eat in ur room if i av one package d rest in ur bag or whatever take dem along 2mrw and throw d rest in a dumping site. or ur office trash can.......if una get one.

In my house, we were taught not to waste food since our childhood days. so I can never do that. the issue has been taken care of though.... thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Is The Right Time To Delete A Late Loved One's Number. / . / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.