Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (195322 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Olarewajub: 5:25am On May 19, 2015
Hello Drsteriod , nice work here. Please is there any special glass for those who do not have defect but are always expose to tv, laptop and phone light and also for microscopist just to protect their retina?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 7:43am On May 19, 2015
Olarewajub:
Hello Drsteriod , nice work here. Please is there any special glass for those who do not have defect but are always expose to tv, laptop and phone light and also for microscopist just to protect their retina?
yes bro...there is a special kind of glasses we call transition lenses,which helps to protect the eyes against UV rays,extreme light sensitivity,reflection. This will help prevent the formation of UV radiated induced cataract,macular burns and other retinal problems which affects the eyes and can lead to irreversible loss of vision..protection of the eyes with this kind of lenses is the key to preventing this kind of blindness.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Olarewajub: 7:56am On May 19, 2015
drsteroid:
yes bro...there is a special kind of glasses we call transition lenses,which helps to protect the eyes against UV rays,extreme light sensitivity,reflection. This will help prevent the formation of UV radiated induced cataract,macular burns and other retinal problems which affects the eyes and can lead to irreversible loss of vision..protection of the eyes with this kind of lenses is the key to preventing this kind of blindness.
Thanks, hope it glass effect does not have side effect and it is cost effective.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Olarewajub: 8:00am On May 19, 2015
drsteroid:
Please one other thing, can i be putting on this lens always or only when i'm expose to certain light.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 1:18pm On May 19, 2015
Olarewajub:
Thanks, hope it glass effect does not have side effect and it is cost effective.
yea...its affordable and doesn't have side effect
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 1:19pm On May 19, 2015
Olarewajub:
Please one other thing, can i be putting on this lens always or only when i'm expose to certain light.
its designed in a way that u can always put it on wherever and whenever, but u can always put it off if u wana sleep
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by JAkpayen(m): 4:11pm On May 20, 2015
Hello drsteroid, what do you think might be wrong. When I'm reading especially if the font is small/medium, it suddenly becomes blurr to my view. What type of lense can correct this.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 7:17pm On May 20, 2015
JAkpayen:
Hello drsteroid, what do you think might be wrong. When I'm reading especially if the font is small/medium, it suddenly becomes blurr to my view. What type of lense can correct this.
I will like 2 know how old u are? Cos the main cause of ur complain is usually associated with age,ur age will help give a clue,cos with ageing,ability to see tiny prints becoms difficult...and this is usually called PRESBYOPIA..tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by JAkpayen(m): 11:01pm On May 20, 2015
I'm 34. But I spend much time working on the PC. What's your advice in correcting it?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 6:28am On May 21, 2015
JAkpayen:
I'm 34. But I spend much time working on the PC. What's your advice in correcting it?
I will advice u go see an eye doctor for a comprehensive eye test,diagnosis and treatment...Thank u
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Immaangel(f): 7:04am On May 21, 2015
I have this constant pulling of d lower eyelid of my right eye for over 2weeks, pls whats d remedy for it
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by JAkpayen(m): 9:26am On May 21, 2015
drsteroid:
I will advice u go see an eye doctor for a comprehensive eye test,diagnosis and treatment...Thank u
You're an eye doctor so I can schedule for consulting with you, right? How do I contact you?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 9:55am On May 21, 2015
JAkpayen:

You're an eye doctor so I can schedule for consulting with you, right? How do I contact you?
sorry! I couldn't find your mail,but was notified u sent a mail...u can talk 2 me on whatsapp. 08062531454
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by ptoall1000: 8:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
I hv an eye specs of -1.75 but the lens are too expensive about 12k and above. Where do u think I can get lens of 5k or less. I live in Abuja.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by lakesidepapa(m): 8:11am On Jun 03, 2015
drsteroid:
I am an Eye doctor, I discovered through clinical experience that most Patients don't really know about some basic things and problems affecting the eyesn and these has led to simple eye problems being seen as complicated and frightening to most patients and they don't really know how to go about it. There are some eye problems that are hereditary,which requires normal routine eye examinations but due to ignorance most patients tend to lose their sight to eye problems that could have been prevented. I want to use this opportunity to enlighten us and provide solutions to problems affecting the eyes,in line with WHO Vision 2020-Right to sight for all, so all questions concerning the eyes are welcomed

I don't smoke but my eyes is red, how can i turn them to whitish ones
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 7:00pm On Jun 04, 2015
ptoall1000:
I hv an eye specs of -1.75 but the lens are too expensive about 12k and above. Where do u think I can get lens of 5k or less. I live in Abuja.
I don't rily have an idea... If it was in Lagos,I wud have been able 2 help u out
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by ddonolu: 2:28am On Jun 24, 2015
Hello doc, my eyes becomes itchy after i take garri or spaghetti or any starchy food, i mean really itchy, will my sight become worse and what is the solution? Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 8:37am On Jun 24, 2015
ddonolu:
Hello doc, my eyes becomes itchy after i take garri or spaghetti or any starchy food, i mean really itchy, will my sight become worse and what is the solution? Thanks
itching is usually as a result of allergens,which your body is sentive or allergic to..I wil advice u visit an eye clinic 4 a comprehensive eye test.Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jen4r: 1:17pm On Jun 25, 2015
please doctor, since last week somthing like tick sand entered my eye while i was riding on bike, i was able to get water afther ten minutes later to wash the eye, since then the eye is really giving me problem, i cannot not clear with it and since yesterday the overflow of tears really stop, but tears still drop little, i've been using chlolophenicle eye drop since then, but i still feel pain and can see clear with the eye, please your advice is urgently need, i have never have eye prolem before, thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 3:01pm On Jun 26, 2015
jen4r:
please doctor, since last week somthing like tick sand entered my eye while i was riding on bike, i was able to get water afther ten minutes later to wash the eye, since then the eye is really giving me problem, i cannot not clear with it and since yesterday the overflow of tears really stop, but tears still drop little, i've been using chlolophenicle eye drop since then, but i still feel pain and can see clear with the eye, please your advice is urgently need, i have never have eye prolem before, thanks
Sorry for the late response bro,what happened to your eyes need an urgent attention..u need visit see an eye doctor asap for proper irrigation of the eyes,so that the particles in the eyes can be washed off.This wil help relieve you from the symptoms you are experiencing.chloramphenicol can do little or nothing since there is no discharge associated with the comfort.emphasis must also be placed by the Doctor to check for Corneal abrasion due to the complain of pain and profuse tearing.Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 3:02pm On Jun 26, 2015
jen4r:
Sorry for the late response bro,what happened to your eyes need an urgent attention..u need visit see an eye doctor asap for proper irrigation of the eyes,so that the particles in the eyes can be washed off.This wil help relieve you from the symptoms you are experiencing.chloramphenicol can do little or nothing since there is no discharge associated with the comfort.emphasis must also be placed by the Doctor to check for Corneal abrasion due to the complain of pain and profuse tearing.luking forward to hearing from you after the visit.Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Olarewajub: 9:45pm On Jun 27, 2015
Please in respect to the procurement of a photochromic lense, do i need to undergo any test by the optician and shouldn't i be able to use all transition lense since i don't have any eye defect? Drsteroid
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 5:43am On Jun 28, 2015
Olarewajub:
Please in respect to the procurement of a photochromic lense, do i need to undergo any test by the optician and shouldn't i be able to use all transition lense since i don't have any eye defect? Drsteroid
Good day bro, u can't say u don't have any defect until u have been satisfied visually ok by an Eye Doctor.if any defect,your doctor can incorporate your prescription into your photochromic lens,so that it can serve a dual purpose. I wil advice you to see an eye doctor before getting a photochromic lens.Thank you
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Olarewajub: 12:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
drsteroid:
Good day bro, u can't say u don't have any defect until u have been satisfied visually ok by an Eye Doctor.if any defect,your doctor can incorporate your prescription into your photochromic lens,so that it can serve a dual purpose. I wil advice you to see an eye doctor before getting a photochromic lens.Thank you
Is it possible for someone to have a eye defect without being aware? I'm only buying the photochromic lense because of my use of the microscope.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 6:27pm On Jun 28, 2015
Olarewajub:
Is it possible for someone to have a eye defect without being aware? I'm only buying the photochromic lense because of my use of the microscope.
its really possible,because we have some eye defect which can be latent with know symptoms,but becomes big problem to the visual system when left unchecked.Try see an eye doctor before getting any ocular prescription.Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by tunde1200(m): 9:05am On Jun 30, 2015
Weldon for the good work Dr.

My mum was diagnosed and confirmed to have cataract on both eyes by Dr in MECURE eye hospital at oshodi.
To remove the cataract will cost 80k for one and after 1 week the other for another 80k.

I have once come accross free eye treatment on this site but I don't have their contact kindly link me up to any one you know or less amount to the above amount.

Transition lenses you have said ealier.
I do read well no matter how small or big. see from far and short have no issues with my eyes at all and I just love to wear glasses. Can I use that type of transition lense too for protection?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 12:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
tunde1200:
Weldon for the good work Dr.

My mum was diagnosed and confirmed to have cataract on both eyes by Dr in MECURE eye hospital at oshodi.
To remove the cataract will cost 80k for one and after 1 week the other for another 80k.

I have once come accross free eye treatment on this site but I don't have their contact kindly link me up to any one you know or less amount to the above amount.

Transition lenses you have said ealier.
I do read well no matter how small or big. see from far and short have no issues with my eyes at all and I just love to wear glasses. Can I use that type of transition lense too for protection?
good day bro,I wil like to ask u some questions,u can whatsapp me on 08062531454 or send an e-mail,so we can talk better
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by tunde1200(m): 1:19pm On Jun 30, 2015
Ok I do that now.
drsteroid:
good day bro,I wil like to ask u some questions,u can whatsapp me on 08062531454 or send an e-mail,so we can talk better
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Kudibaby(f): 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2015
hello Dr
my eyes 're red and gather pus and it's somehow painful,it all started thus afternoon,pls what could be the cause and what drug can I use.thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 2:21pm On Jul 16, 2015
Kudibaby:
hello Dr
my eyes 're red and gather pus and it's somehow painful,it all started thus afternoon,pls what could be the cause and what drug can I use.thanks
those it come with pain or affect your vision?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by tunde1200(m): 8:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
Thanks you very much doctor may almighty ALLAH increase your knowledge on your job.
i really appreciated your help for linking me up with my needs for my mum.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.