Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (195584 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by ozome15(m): 5:59am On Dec 05, 2015
Dear Dr I will like to known how to make my eyes white again. As most times is red. I like white eye.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 8:30pm On Dec 05, 2015
ozome15:
Dear Dr I will like to known how to make my eyes white again. As most times is red. I like white eye.
If your eyes are naturally reddish(physiological),there is little or nothing that can be done..but if pathological(as a result of disease or any abnormally),there are treatments available depending on the cause.I will advice you visit a nearby EyeClinic and see and Eye Doctor for a comprehensive Eye test..will like to hear from you after the visit.Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 8:35pm On Dec 05, 2015
caketake3:
I feel sleeping after using my eyeglasses. I have changed it twice and still same
after using your Glasses Or whenever you put on the glasses?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Ishilove: 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2015
drsteroid:
after using your Glasses Or whenever you put on the glasses?
Dr, I want free eye check up angry
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by unuane1(m): 6:39pm On Dec 06, 2015
Help doc I blink my eyes more often and it is getting worst daily. I sometimes feel blur in the night especially when am outside and expose to light rays from cars etc. my friends complain about my blinking of recent and they often asks what's wrong with my eyes. l don't know maybe am over exposing my eyes to lap top pls advice me
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 6:50am On Dec 07, 2015
Ishilove:

Dr, I want free eye check up angry
hahaha...Ishilove wants free eye check up wink!!You can come 4 it
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 6:57am On Dec 07, 2015
unuane1:
Help doc I blink my eyes more often and it is getting worst daily. I sometimes feel blur in the night especially when am outside and expose to light rays from cars etc. my friends complain about my blinking of recent and they often asks what's wrong with my eyes. l don't know maybe am over exposing my eyes to lap top pls advice me
there are many Eye conditions that can cause excessive blinking,they include refractive errors,kerato-conjuctivitis sicca(Dry eye syndrome),allergic reactions,accomodative problems, photophobia etc. I will advice you visit and Eye Clinic for a proper diagnosis and treatment.Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 9:18am On Dec 08, 2015
drsteroid:
Good pm,Sorry 4 d late reply,I got a notification u sent me an e-mail but cudnt find your message in my mail box.
From the case history you just gave,it showed you have been diagnosed of having astigmatism which requires Spectacle (glasses) correction or contact lens..I wil advice you visit your eye doctor and get the required prescription and also make sure the prescription comes with a photochromic and anti reflection coating ,this wil releive you from the frequent temporal headache,blurry vision at distance,discomfort associated with extreme sentivity to light rays,and protection from rays emanating from ur PC and phones.
Frontal,temporal ache are usually frequent symptoms of uncorrected astigmatism and extreme photophobia( extreme sensitivity to light).
Visionace,maxivision which you mentioned all belong to classes of drugs known as antioxidants and multivitamin (supplements) for the eyes,I wil advice you visit your Eye Doctor or a clinic nearby for a comprehensive Eye test for a proper diagnosis to the symptoms of 'covering' usually experienced in one of your Eye relative to the other. Thanks

I really appreciate your reply sir thanks a lot!!!
Which reputable or best eye centre do you recommend I visit maybe around Lagos or Ogun or anywhere because I really value my health a lot.Thanks sir.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 6:31pm On Dec 08, 2015
HEFAIROHLUWA:

I really appreciate your reply sir thanks a lot!!!
Which reputable or best eye centre do you recommend I visit maybe around Lagos or Ogun or anywhere because I really value my health a lot.Thanks sir.
you can talk to me on whatsapp concerning that,don't intend mentioning names of clinic here..08062531454

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Greycious(m): 5:45pm On Dec 11, 2015
Hello Doc, I don't have any medical issues but my eyes are most times red. it becomes very reddish when I'm stressed or couldn't get enof sleep or hungry grin
it doesn't come with any sort of pain or itching, just reddish.
pls what can I do to make ppl believe I don't smoke.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by YYAlhajey: 2:00pm On Dec 24, 2015
Solution to dry eye please
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:00am On Dec 26, 2015
YYAlhajey:
Solution to dry eye please
therez no solution per se jst dt d symptoms can b alleviated with eye drops known as artificial tears bt in some cases steroidal eye drops could b prescribed
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Kaycole: 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
There is a white stuff beside my iris,pls I need help on what to do about it.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:22pm On Dec 27, 2015
Kaycole:
There is a white stuff beside my iris,pls I need help on what to do about it.
wldnt b able to identify d type of growth unless i cn gt a visual of it
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by integrity85(m): 5:37am On Dec 28, 2015
optm:
therez no solution per se jst dt d symptoms can b alleviated with eye drops known as artificial tears bt in some cases steroidal eye drops could b prescribed

I have the same dry eyes issue too, especially when I wake up from sleep.

Could you please list the eye drops so that one may likely pick them.
Thanks.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:39am On Dec 28, 2015
integrity85:

I have the same dry eyes issue too, especially when I wake up from sleep.

Could you please list the eye drops so that one may likely pick them.
Thanks.
it wld b unethical pls do wel to visit an eye clinic it's safer nd better fr u. tnks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by integrity85(m): 1:35pm On Dec 28, 2015
optm:
it wld b unethical pls do wel to visit an eye clinic it's safer nd better fr u. tnks

OK. May I contact you please?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Meel: 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2015
Dear doc eye always pain me severely after looking at a bright light, be it sun, globe, tv. And i have tried abstinence but i cannot totally do without it.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:51am On Dec 29, 2015
[quote author=integrity85 post=41419748]

OK. May I contact you please? [/quote d best i cn do fr u nw is jst to advise. cnt treat u: i hvnt started practicing I jst finished schling any gud clinic shld b able to help u out.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:58am On Dec 29, 2015
Meel:
Dear doc eye always pain me severely after looking at a bright light, be it sun, globe, tv. And i have tried abstinence but i cannot totally do without it.
do u also experience dis pain when u read? hw old re u?do u experience any oda 'eye 'symptom apart frm dis pain caused by light? ??+
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Meel: 7:12am On Dec 29, 2015
optm:
do u also experience dis pain when u read? hw old re u?do u experience any oda 'eye 'symptom apart frm dis pain caused by light? ??+

am do it depends on d source of light i use to read, if i shud read in a large ha'll, dat is spacious and d light is well circulated. It will be normal, but shud i stay in a place d ray of light is concentrated, it will affect me. And if i make use of bright lamp i will be affected. And it sometimes itch me.
Thanks Doc
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:44am On Dec 29, 2015
Meel:
am 20, it depends on d source of light i use to read, if i shud read in a large ha'll, dat is spacious and d light is well circulated. It will be normal, but shud i stay in a place d ray of light is concentrated, it will affect me. And if i make use of bright lamp i will be affected. And it sometimes itch me.
Thanks Doc
,ur case is simple but complex. simple in d sense dt d symptom of photophobia u re having could b alleviated by using photochromic lenses and complex in d sense dt photophobia as a symptom could b associated with many ocular conditions nd it wld take alot frm taking a thorough case history to clinical examination to unravel. I wld suggest u visit an eye clinic fr proper examination and treatment __
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Meel: 6:37am On Dec 30, 2015
optm:
,ur case is simple but complex. simple in d sense dt d symptom of photophobia u re having could b alleviated by using photochromic lenses and complex in d sense dt photophobia as a symptom could b associated with many ocular conditions nd it wld take alot frm taking a thorough case history to clinical examination to unravel. I wld suggest u visit an eye clinic fr proper examination and treatment __
sorry doc, how do know i have used lenses before??
Na my doc gave me one transparent glass. I will change my doc soon. But if i change to anoda eye doc, how will i explain what is wrong with me to dem to make dem understand. I have visited 3 mbbs doc and an eye doc, several tyms. And the prob still persist.
I reside at ilorin if u can point a gud doc for me. And d best way to explain my ailment.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:54am On Dec 30, 2015
Meel:
sorry doc, how do know i have used lenses before??
Na my doc gave me one transparent glass. I will change my doc soon. But if i change to anoda eye doc, how will i explain what is wrong with me to dem to make dem understand. I have visited 3 mbbs doc and an eye doc, several tyms. And the prob still persist.
I reside at ilorin if u can point a gud doc for me. And d best way to explain my ailment.
. dnt knw any gud eye clinic in illorin. maybe dr jaunty d one who created dis thread cld help u out. jst explain to the eye Dr jst as u hv explained here he/she shld knw wht to do. everything is gonna b ok _
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Meel: 9:29am On Dec 30, 2015
optm:
. dnt knw any gud eye clinic in illorin. maybe dr jaunty d one who created dis thread cld help u out. jst explain to the eye Dr jst as u hv explained here he/she shld knw wht to do. everything is gonna b ok _

thanks doc
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Greycious(m): 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2015
Dr, please respond to my previous post on this same page.
thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 11:16am On Jan 03, 2016
Greycious:
Hello Doc, I don't have any medical issues but my eyes are most times red. it becomes very reddish when I'm stressed or couldn't get enof sleep or hungry grin
it doesn't come with any sort of pain or itching, just reddish.
pls what can I do to make ppl believe I don't smoke.
Happy new year..Sorry,I have been so busy. From your explanation,it showed that the redness often experienced may not be pathological( diseased condition).Stress,lack of Sleep are some of the major causes of conjuctival congestion( redness of the eyes),this is because there is usually extremem pressure on the walls of the blood vessels leading to vasodilatation which brings about increase blood flow to the conjuctival vessels thereby causing vessels congestion which manifest as red eyes. I will advice you always make out time to rest when needed and avoid murdering sleep during the night.you can also create time to visit an Eye Clinic for a comprehensive Eye Check just to know the status of your Eye health.Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 11:18am On Jan 03, 2016
Greycious:
Dr, please respond to my previous post on this same page.
thanks
Sorry for the delay,I have done that
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Greycious(m): 12:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
drsteroid:
Sorry for the delay,I have done that

thanks for the reply doc
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by GraceInUSA: 7:08pm On Jan 03, 2016
Happy New Year doc. I want to know more about glaucoma and the cure if there's any.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Quelme: 8:37pm On Jan 03, 2016
GraceInUSA:
Happy New Year doc. I want to know more about glaucoma and the cure if there's any.
it is a group of disease resulting from intense pressure on the eye's optic nerve which leads to impairment of vision and possibly total blindness. There is no cure but it can be managed properly with a couple of surgical procedures. There are drugs too to help ameliorate the disease condition...
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 7:09am On Jan 04, 2016
GraceInUSA:
Happy new year 2 u also.There is a thread on Glaucoma which I wrote.You can open this link: https://www.nairaland.com/2175132/world-glaucoma-week-march-8-14.
You can get all you need to know about Glaucoma from the link.Thanks,wishing you a prosperous year and good health.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.