Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Why Has God Forsaken Me? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Has God Forsaken Me? (404 Views)

Has GOD Given Humans Freewill Or Predestinated Humans?? / I Feel Like God Has Forsaken Me / My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Has God Forsaken Me? by argon500: 1:03pm On Sep 14, 2014
Have you ever heard the expression “let go and let God”? Isn’t it interesting that there is a part of us that can accept that God could have created life with all the infinite details that had to go along with such a task, and yet at times it seems hard to trust that God can actually handle our lives? Could it be that God is only responding to some of our request and not others? The simple answer is, God/Creation always responds to our requests and no call goes unanswered.

Although this is an unalterable truth, there are many who would argue the opposite is true. In fact, some might even go so far as to say God has turned a deaf ear to their prayers and requests.
A common question asked in this world is, if God is always there and answers every request, how is it possible that at times we are not aware of his/her help?

As I have come to understand things, the confusion comes into play when our limited view from the human perspective is used to interpret our infinite life. Anything seen through the eyes of man will at best be a reflection of Reality but never the complete or REAL Picture.
Looking at things from an eternal view would obviously present a different picture than the one seen from having a vested interest in a particular outcome relative to the observer. Isn’t this is the reason why, when someone gets what they were asking for they usually say, God has answered my prayers? Conversely, when it appears that their prayers go unanswered, many of those same individuals feel that God has not heard them or is choosing to ignore their appeals.

Living a life with such a belief leads to the false perception that God is somehow separate from us and checks in once and awhile.
We live breath and have our being in the body of God. From that viewpoint, it can be recognized that God does not come into and out of our lives.

By being aware of Ultimate Reality, I am referring to being conscious (awake) enough to recognize that we are having an intimate relationship with our creator in this moment and other moment for all of eternity. That said, before we look further at the reason some believe they have been forsaken by God, I wish to share a memory I have of commercial to encourage someone to quit smoking.
The way I remember the commercial, there was an animated man who starts putting cigarettes into his mouth until he could not fit any more. He then makes the following statement, “quitting smoking is easy I do it everyday.”
I believe a lot can be learned by looking at his assertion that he quits smoking everyday. On one level he was right. Because he did not smoke continuously, he did in fact quit during the time between the cigarettes he did smoke. During the day that time could be anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. Given that fact that he did not smoke while he slept, he could also claim he had given up smoking for up to perhaps eight or so hours a day.

Looking back to the man who tried to quit smoking I believe, if he was honest enough to admit it, he too would have said, he died on a daily basis. Likewise, when it comes to trusting God, most people demonstrate they too, die on a daily basis.

If you are waiting for the end to come before you accept your TRUE SELF you are no different then the man who quit smoking daily.
Regardless of your path or what religion you practice, if you wish to awaken yourself and live awakened in this world you may find yourself reinterpreting your view of reality itself!

(1) (Reply)

Dreams And Visions / You Obtain God's Mercy Not Through Your Efforts But His / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.