Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,210 members, 7,825,789 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

I Feel Like God Has Forsaken Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Feel Like God Has Forsaken Me (1003 Views)

My God, My God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? / Why Has God Forsaken Me? / My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Like God Has Forsaken Me by TisaBone: 9:22am On Apr 15, 2012
I don't know what to do. I am going through something stressful right now, and I feel like god has deserted me. I know that is not the case, but I can't help but feel that way. I have been praying profusely for some type of resolution. Also I know that you can not just praise the Lord when things are going your way, but also in the bad times. What do I do, how do I approach God to have mercy on me?
Re: I Feel Like God Has Forsaken Me by Jenwitemi(m): 9:38am On Apr 15, 2012
I think that you have forsaken yourself, mate. The creator of the universe forsakes no one, absolutely no one. You have forsaken yourself via what you have convinced yourself to be your situation. Re-adjust your mind-settings, mate.
Re: I Feel Like God Has Forsaken Me by TisaBone: 9:48am On Apr 15, 2012
Jenwitemi: I think that you have forsaken yourself, mate. The creator of the universe forsakes no one, absolutely no one. You have forsaken yourself via what you have convinced yourself to be your situation. Re-adjust your mind-settings, mate.

i will try to do this. i will still continue to go to church because i believe in HIM. i'm not trying to make excuses, but while Jesus was on the cross, he even looked up into the heavens and asked his Father why he had been forsaken. I know God is with me, and this is a test of my faith, so I will definitively work on adjusting my black thoughts. please keep me in your prayers
Re: I Feel Like God Has Forsaken Me by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 15, 2012
TisaBone: I don't know what to do. I am going through something stressful right now, and I feel like god has deserted me. I know that is not the case, but I can't help but feel that way. I have been praying profusely for some type of resolution. Also I know that you can not just praise the Lord when things are going your way, but also in the bad times. What do I do, how do I approach God to have mercy on me?
The truth is more people look at God like a strict being.... Talk to Him and apologize like you would a father... See HIM as your father and dont pray like u pray... go into your room and have a one on one conversation with HIM, talk to Him like u can see Him sitting close... he loves you...
Re: I Feel Like God Has Forsaken Me by Callotti: 10:09am On Apr 15, 2012
You are mainly going through acute depression.
See a shrink and talk it out.
NO. . .PASTORS DO NOT COUNT! kiss
They are like native doctors. . .and will only make your financial situation worse.
Plus try to phock your arzzze(front and back holes) to add insults to injury.

Don't allow your phase to progress to chronic depression
God gave you free will remember? Time to use it to save yourself.
All the best! kiss
Re: I Feel Like God Has Forsaken Me by mkmyers45(m): 11:43am On Apr 15, 2012
TisaBone: I don't know what to do. I am going through something stressful right now, and I feel like god has deserted me. I know that is not the case, but I can't help but feel that way. I have been praying profusely for some type of resolution. Also I know that you can not just praise the Lord when things are going your way, but also in the bad times. What do I do, how do I approach God to have mercy on me?
Forsake you fear and face reality

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What is Your Take On Judging Others! / The Forbidden Fruit! / A Tribal Church- The Celetial Church Of Christ.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.