Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,299 members, 7,954,192 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:56 PM

Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students (9970 Views)

Medical Students Protest, Lock UNILAG Gate (Photos) / Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m / 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by Profcamsey(m): 2:15pm On Sep 14, 2014
I think this is some few reasons you hate medical students. I have once been in this shoe before and now I realise its of no use.
1. Those lucky to be admitted into medicine are considered to be better than you. No, they are not . few of them got in through connections, catchment and runs. I even had more marks than some meds in my 1st year.
2. They are proud to the extent they call themselves Dr. This, Dr. That as students and you think its a slap on other students. Why cant you hate law kids for that?
3. They are considered to be serious students and praised mostly by basic sciences lectures. No, most of them over read but dont know anything. A chem lecturer once told us that medics papers are marked first and they upgrade their scores if less than expected. This fueled our hatred for them and we started blaming ourselves for not been admitted.
4. They study on different campus, nice class, cool environ and modern equipments , this make u think they are favoured. Hell no, you know what they are missing? Socail life. A senior medic once told me Camsey, College is boring.
5.You think they are WOMAN WRAPPER? No, your girls chase them not the inverse. Its not their fault.
6. They dress corporate and they wear white coat even to classes. This is the main point of hatred of basic sciences like Biochemistry and Microbiology students. We feel like "why cant we wear overall to classes too". Even medics do complain to me they hate wearing overall all times but just have to obey the rules.
7. The head of it all is that you think they will surely secure job immediately after school and earn high pay. No, a Doc once told me that its not easy to secure place for housejob this days and even to get job na wahala. This is 1 of the things I regretted after gaining admission to medical school, I see nothing is so big about medicine.
NB: Hating will really affect you if you don't paddle your own canoe. It broke my GPA. You can add yours

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 14, 2014
Space successfully booked
Whether u study medicine or plant maintainance or water resistance its none of my biz

Reping FUNAAB

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by Nastydroid(m): 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
hmmmmn
Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by MisterLongman(m): 5:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
@Op your write-up reeks of inferiority complex..... Medical students are not the reason why you were denied the opportunity to study medicine...... Channel your negative energy towards Dibu ojerinde of JAMB instead or better still the university that broke your heart

13 Likes

Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 14, 2014
Profcamsey: This is 1 of the things I regretted after gaining admission to medical school, I see nothing is so big about medicine.
NB: Hating will really affect you if you don't paddle your own canoe. It broke my GPA. You can add yours
I don't get it, Are you in Med school or In another dept??

Anyway, whoever does that has a big inferiority complex wahala.

5 Likes

Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2014
Thinking.......
Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by Skykid1208(m): 5:53pm On Sep 14, 2014
this op ur plan no go work
going by what u wrote up there do u know u might b responsible for making gullible aspiring medical students loose focus?
we need motivation and not a show of inferiority by a medical student.

y am i even commenting

u have no reliable source 4 this ur info

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by Profcamsey(m): 5:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
Skykid1208: this op ur plan no go work
going by what u wrote up there do u know u might b responsible for making gullible aspiring medical students loose focus?
we need motivation and not a show of inferiority by a medical student.

y am i even commenting

u have no reliable source 4 this ur info
I m not making any1 loose focus. I did jamb 4 times b4 been admitted to study medicine, though I was doing Bsc. Biochemistry. I noticed this is what my mates n I do especially those of us that wanted medicine n it really affected us. Dont take it personal
Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by Profcamsey(m): 5:59pm On Sep 14, 2014
MisterLongman: @Op your write-up reeks of inferiority complex..... Medical students are not the reason why you were denied the opportunity to study medicine...... Channel your negative energy towards Dibu ojerinde of JAMB instead or better still the university that broke your heart
Pls can you read over again. I m not hating any 1 here
Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by MisterLongman(m): 6:05pm On Sep 14, 2014
Profcamsey: Pls can you read over again. I m not hating any 1 here
What's there read over again.. Your reason sounds lame and illogical

3 Likes

Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by jedisco(m): 6:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
@op
You sound like one of the countless others who really got frustrated in their pursuit of studying medicine. The fact is that medicine just like any other course, has its peculiarities- one of those being the high cut-off which obviously means many will not make the cut. And truth be told, on the average, studying some courses are more likely to result in a higher paying job than others for those who would seek jobs (like I said, on the average).

What I usually tell people who didn't make it into medicine is to get settled soon enough on whether they really want to and have the ability to study medicine. A negative answer to any of the above simply means the person should begin to like the course he/she got and plan out his/her life as studying medicine does not guaranty success at all. Those who have the zeal to push through can always come back and retry just like you did.
I also advise them to take their eyes off medicine and other health related courses as going on to study any other health related course after unsuccessfully trying to get medicine would just put the person in a state of perpetual bitterness and envy even after graduation except if the person begins to like and be truly proud of the course he/she eventually studied.

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by adrelanine: 6:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
Nice of ops...n
Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by Camellia(f): 6:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
...na wa o..medicine this..medical students that every time on NL na wetin.....
Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by MisterLongman(m): 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2014
Profcamsey: I m not making any1 loose focus. I did jamb 4 times b4 been admitted to study medicine, though I was doing Bsc. Biochemistry. I noticed this is what my mates n I do especially those of us that wanted medicine n it really affected us. Dont take it personal
Who are you trying to fool.... You mean you wrote jamb 4 times (to study medicine) before settling for biochemistry
Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by Profcamsey(m): 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2014
I m not hating any1 here just an advice n reality
Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by Profcamsey(m): 6:31pm On Sep 14, 2014
jedisco: space booked
God is watching u all, spacebookers.
Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by Profcamsey(m): 6:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
MisterLongman: Who are you trying to fool.... You mean you wrote jamb 4 times (to study medicine) before settling for biochemistry
question 4 google. I dont have your time
Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by amakufrancis(m): 6:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
Noted
Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by bullyman36(m): 6:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
Give me few minutes to think of wat to write
Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by MisterLongman(m): 6:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
Profcamsey: question 4 google. I dont have your time
LIENUS, I know your type...... You and your fellow biochemists are very fond of haunting medical students............. You say all manner of nonsense, like medical students are lazy, they are lucky to be admitted to study medicine........... Biochemistry is harder than medicine............. Biochemistry is the mother and father of medicine.................. They don't calculate grade point average (G.P.A) in medicine.......................... Biochemistry has more job prospects than medicine........................ When I entered into the university, I wanted to study medicine but now I discovered that biochemistry is better and so on..................................... Yet your lecturer will come to class and say "Most of you studying biochemistry filled medicine in your jamb form"...... I remember one of my lecturers used to call them waste product

2 Likes

Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by jairusben(m): 6:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
too get job is hard? i disagree too d core
Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by iduzebaba(m): 6:55pm On Sep 14, 2014
waitin patiently for dem johesu to see this post
Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by adeoladrg(m): 7:07pm On Sep 14, 2014
Okada! Drop me here!! cool
Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by Profcamsey(m): 7:13pm On Sep 14, 2014
MisterLongman: LIENUS, I know your type...... You and your fellow biochemists are very fond of haunting medical students............. You say all manner of nonsense, like medical students are lazy, they are lucky to be admitted to study medicine........... Biochemistry is harder than medicine............. Biochemistry is the mother and father of medicine.................. They don't calculate grade point average (G.P.A) in medicine.......................... Biochemistry has more job prospects than medicine........................ When I entered into the university, I wanted to study medicine but now I discovered that biochemistry is better and so on..................................... Yet your lecturer will come to class and say "Most of you studying biochemistry filled medicine in your jamb form"...... I remember one of my lecturers used to call them waste product
sorry I am a Medical student and once a biochemist. so you dont av 2 die before your day. So pained guy

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by Donfamous(m): 7:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
Wait op. Are u now a medical student or studying bio chemistry?
Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by sisiafrika(f): 7:30pm On Sep 14, 2014
I'm looking for my Jonny
Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by Donfamous(m): 7:30pm On Sep 14, 2014
Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by calaharry: 7:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
Profcamsey: sorry I am a Medical student and once a biochemist. so you dont av 2 die before your day. So pained guy
Med students are dealing with life very fragile and delicate . They should be given the best to save lives and promote sound health for humanity.
No course is superior. It is only about studying in the right area of your passion and talent to excel. What about Rocket Science, Astronauts study mathematics with multi)engineering discipline from first degree to more degrees in aeronautic engineering,space science , and NASA certification ...
Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by sisiafrika(f): 7:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
MisterLongman: Who are you trying to fool.... You mean you wrote jamb 4 times (to study medicine) before settling for biochemistry
ur trying too hard to appear smart when really you just a petty dullard. Can't u read

4 Likes

Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by Johnfavour(m): 7:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
MisterLongman: LIENUS, I know your type...... You and your fellow biochemists are very fond of haunting medical students............. You say all manner of nonsense, like medical students are lazy, they are lucky to be admitted to study medicine........... Biochemistry is harder than medicine............. Biochemistry is the mother and father of medicine.................. They don't calculate grade point average (G.P.A) in medicine.......................... Biochemistry has more job prospects than medicine........................ When I entered into the university, I wanted to study medicine but now I discovered that biochemistry is better and so on..................................... Yet your lecturer will come to class and say "Most of you studying biochemistry filled medicine in your jamb form"...... I remember one of my lecturers used to call them waste product
bros y u come take d matter personal like this. U no understand d OP ni jare. BTW na d fact b dat, I sabi jelous dem die wen I dey skul wch leads to infeority complex. I cant wait to be on FP.
Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by sisiafrika(f): 7:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
jairusben: too get job is hard? i disagree too d core
disagrEe till tomorrow, that's the reality. Oh, forgotten that its easy to get a private hospital job (40K) per month.

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Will Always Hate Medical Students by QSheba: 7:41pm On Sep 14, 2014
#team engineering all the way smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Noun 2012/2013 Application Form / Nelson Olaiya Tope Declared Missing...photo / ABU Zaria Project Topics And Research Materials | Download Abu Project Material

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.