Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

THE WEB - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE WEB (116942 Views)

The Africa Connected. Success Stories Powered By The Web Contest / ***SECRETS Exposed***how To Get Paid Writing For The Web! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE WEB by Olivers2J(f): 5:37am On Nov 28, 2014
Candy Candy come & finish wht u'v startd ooooo, great story line & dexterity, so tired of jack & jill romancing in the bathroom

Waiting 4 ya nxt update
Re: THE WEB by bolajJP007: 6:43am On Nov 28, 2014
@candy, u are highly gifted. Pls keep it up. I want to let u kn I joined NL because of u. Thanks a lot for the novel. It's intriguing, educating and lovely to read. Pls update.
Re: THE WEB by highlyfavouredo(m): 7:32am On Nov 28, 2014
Pls madam when will this come out in print? Pls update so that we can get to the root of this. I love it, keep it up candy.
Re: THE WEB by ruffhandu: 8:02am On Nov 28, 2014
You are right, but there is a yoruba saying that: ki ile to pa oseka, n kan rere a ti ba je...(Before a wicked person reaps the reward of his evils, good things would have spoilt). [/quote]

Hey Candy, this is one of the unfairest things about life. It makes me get so tempted to ask why God allows it to be so sometimes. So so sad, and the truth. Sometimes, the good things would have spoilt so so beyond repair. Life!
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 28, 2014

She made the trip to the compass builders in ten minutes. She drove like a mad person, blaring her horn and even using her voice to pave way occasionally. She was mad at her brother for treating their mum this way. He knew she was hypertensive; he should have known better than to stand her up and refuse to pick her calls.

She parked her car in a vacant slot and climbed the stairs to Tobi's office. She managed to say hi to the secretary who stopped her when she made for his door. "He's not yet in, ms Bolu." She told her.

"Aw, ok. but why is he this late today?" It was 11:25am. Tobi never got to the office later than 9am, unless he had other appointment and he would have called the office.

"he has an interview at splash FM. Something about young professionals. He is there now..." The secretary said excitedly.

Tobi had mentioned something like that earlier, but why go to splash fm, a stone throw from their house and not say hello? Something was not right and she was bent on finding out what.

She drove back to her office. She uncluttered her desk and went through all the memos. She couldn't concentrate. Her phone rang. Mum calling.

"Hello ma."
"Bolu, have you seen your brother?"

She explained the situation to her but didn't mention felele. She knew nothing was going to stop her from barging into the interview room at splash fm.

Then she called his number again. This time, she struck gold. He picked her call.

"What do you mean?" Bolu aked, stunned, shaking. She sank weakly into her chair, her knees buckling beneath her. She found herself holding the edge of her table for support, her finger tips gone numb.

"I mean you and your mother should stop bothering me." Tobi answered her. Bolu stared across the room, her eyes rested on the framed picture of the three of them- Tobi in the middle, grinning from ear to ear, flanked on both sides by bolu and their mum.

"What happened to you Tobi?"

"Nothing. I just want to go back to my peaceful life of having one mother. I can't do the two-mother thing anymore." He said. "I need a break- "

"From us?" She cut in.
"Yes, from you and your mother."

Bolu held the phone to her ears for a long time after the connection had broken. Hers and her mother's new found line of happiness cut off. She was left holding the frayed end of what should have been a life line to their complete success story.

she burst into tears; for herself and for her mother. They had grown to love Tobi too much to lose him to some irrational action of his.

2 Likes

Re: THE WEB by mariemummy(f): 8:20am On Nov 28, 2014
Dnt worry Bolu, evil can never prevail. Thanks Ma'am Candy

first to comment. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: THE WEB by Rosytonia(f): 8:25am On Nov 28, 2014
Chai! Tobi why nah? U wan kill ur moda wit hrtbrk? fight dis juju oo. Aunty Candy, tnx 4 d brkfast..
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 28, 2014

They've been sitting at the reception for two hours before Tobi finally drove in at 09:20am. They rushed in after him, disregarding the receptionist's threat. Bolu knew it was empty threat;they were all her friends when she was a corper.

Tobi refused to acknowledge their presence and they in turn refused to give up. He climbed the stairs to his office, holding his briefcase closely, walking as if being pursued.

Bolu flung herself up the stairs as she raced after him. Her mother coming behind her while the receptionist just looked at the drama.
Upstairs, his personal secretary closed the door after him, but one look at Bolu's face and she bolted away from the door. Bolu grabbed the handle and yanked it open.

Tobi sat on his executive chair while his mother and sister remained on their feet. He glanced down, his hands moved, pretending to pick lint off his well-tailored pant. In his blue suit, white shirt and wine tie, he gave the appearance of the quintessential young professional-attractive, conservative, educated and intelligent. Madam ty looked at her son with barely concealed shock, astonished to find herself in this situation.

"Tobi, what did I do exactly?" She asked him in tears. "I am sorry I was not there to raise you, but you know it wasn't my fault."

Tobi gave a shrug and a smile that barely concealed his irritation. "Madam ty-" A sigh escaped madam ty's mouth and she held her hands to her mouth. "What? Are you not madam ty?" He asked before he continued. "I hold nothing against you. Infact, if truly you are my birth mother, thanks for not being part of my life."

The women were too shocked to react. Tobi checked his watch. According to his appointment cards, he had a meeting at Glo office by 11am. He had to prepare. He placed his briefcase on the table and opened it. Lying conspicuously on top of the other documents was the envelope he received from the dna diagnostics center in Lagos. It caught Bolu's attention and without thinking twice, she grabbed it.

"What-?" Tobi asked
"Who is our father, Tobi? And why hide the result from me?" She asked quietly.
"Chief Bode Seriki." He answered as he scribbled something on a check leaf he tore out of his booklet. "Ms Adebimpe Adewumi, this is a check of N2M. Cash it and leave me the h*ll alone." He faced bolu, "Bolu, since you are in the habit of looking for siblings, you can as well look for your sister on facebook. Her name is Samantha and she lives in NYC. Please leave me alone." He half pleaded, half threatened.

Madam ty tore the check into tiny shreds, better than what a shredder will do. She got up and left the office without even waiting for her daughter. Bolu quickly rushed after her.

Just as she was about to descend the stairs, she saw Chief and Mrs Seriki climbing the stairs. Apparently, they hadn't met her mum or she took the other direction. She stopped to greet them but Mrs Seriki waved her off and pulled her husband's arm, forcing him to move without even looking at the girl, least of all acknowledge her greeting.

The ride back home was quiet. Unnaturally quiet. Madam ty did not say a word, didn't answer any of Bolu's questions. Bolu felt better when she cried or screamed. The silence was a new one and it worried her.

2 Likes

Re: THE WEB by deain1(m): 8:43am On Nov 28, 2014
[/color][color=#006600]DEAR CANDY,[b]DEAR CANDY,[/b]DEAR CANDY, if this is a joke pls stop it... I also have hi BP. Don't keep us in suspense!
Re: THE WEB by emyrald91(m): 9:07am On Nov 28, 2014
woa... am pretty much impressed. Lemme no wen it is out of d prints... I can't miss to grab a copy.
Re: THE WEB by fhemyxXx(m): 9:14am On Nov 28, 2014
cry Candyyyyyyyyyy ,leave that bathroom and update now!!!! Don't wash off the soap on ur face,just update n wash it off later,btw I'm tripping for you already,your story turns me on
Re: THE WEB by bolajJP007: 10:05am On Nov 28, 2014
@Candy, pls why don't you just update the rest of the story so my mind can be at rest. I have thought of different ways the story will end, but I just can't pick one, pls help and finish this story today. Plssssssssss.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by limlim25: 11:03am On Nov 28, 2014
Candy, I am enjoying ur story keep it up
Re: THE WEB by missviva(f): 11:14am On Nov 28, 2014
I really feel 4 ma'A̶̲̥̅♍ ty....so heartbreaking
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 28, 2014
Temi should tell them wats going on. Even if she doesn't know wat the white substance is. It will be a sort of clue for Bolu and her mum.
Re: THE WEB by tsodjete: 11:57am On Nov 28, 2014
Well done madam. I'm loving ds story like...
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 28, 2014
Candy-ieee!!!!! Mehn,u're sweet.
Re: THE WEB by QueenTolpatx(f): 1:00pm On Nov 28, 2014
cry i really pray dis spell will melt away. ooowwww, dis is way too much for madam ty. candy well done o. and tanx 4 da puntual updates, expecting more
Re: THE WEB by JoseWael(m): 3:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
Hi Candy,
I am an ardent follower of ur interesting n super educative write-up.
Awaiting further updates.
#TeamSuperSweetCandy
Re: THE WEB by pelumzie(m): 7:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
Wow diz is a masterpiece!! It a great wrk I really enjoyed it..diz story jst change ma sad mood... It also make ma day plz candy kindly come online nd update more!!
Re: THE WEB by Seehow: 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
Honestly candy is a born writer, some 15 group of people are asking me if I know candy to come write for them , shocked mo ni rara o, I don't know her.
Please I can't wait for an update.

And please this tobi drama of ignoring madam ty
and bolu should stop, abi time never reach for the hateful-portion to expire?

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by Jaymima(f): 2:37am On Nov 29, 2014
I am here now. Nice work Candy.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 29, 2014
Seehow:
Honestly candy is a born writer
Thanks...I feel honored

Jaymina,JoseWael,tsodjete,Ronke001,limlim25,bolajJP007,Xdunamis, chikkyberry, cestmoi1,fhemyxXx,emyrald91,deain1,Rosytonia, mariemummy,Olivers2J, Sammyomotola,franklin000,teamanbastos,MaBuk,calmdove,sleekyshuga,stuff46,
Pelumzie,highlyfavouredo, mariaben,

And ma all time faithfuls: Mariamferanmi
Stonecoldcafe,Bblacky,Jennimma,Zyzxx,
Thinezy,Boladex1,Amiablejudy,Missviva
Plaitex,Missmossy, tfabu,Manuel180,gal10,farheeda, QueenTolpatx, Queenxtar, tescoleps,debdave. Hameenat94, ruffhandu, kingphilip, D9ty7 and the rest of the crew, I love you guys. Don't go anywhere...enjoy the weekend.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 29, 2014

At 7:05 the following morning, Bolu was in the small kitchen, preparing breakfast for herself and her mother. A small kettle, filled with water was working up to a boil on one burner and a small pot of spaghetti sauce was heating on the other. The whole house was filled with mouth watering fragrances of onions, tomatoes and seasoning.

The kitchen was carved out of the sitting room with plywood, covered in beautiful wall paper. From the kitchen, one can still get a full view of the sitting room, it was just one big room.

Her mother sat on the reclining sofa in the sitting room, silent, unmoving, staring down at her hands, which were folded in her lap. Her eyes were closed. She appeared like she had been asleep, but she wasn't. She had withdrawn farther and farther into a new shell. She hasn't uttered a word in almost 15 hours.

With the water boiled, Bolu tried to interest her mother in some hot chocolate, but she just shook her head and pushed the cup away. Bolu felt helpless. She had called Ade earlier and he was on his way over. He was the only solid thing in her life at the moment. True to his words, he honked just then. Kola, their landlord's son was washing his car outside, he helped open the gate and they chatted for a few seconds before Ade entered.

She ran into his arms and pointed at her mother where she sat, motionless.

"See?" Bolu told him, "She's been like this since we left Tobi's office yesterday."

Ade sighed in frustration. He had tried to reason with Tobi, even their other friends had. Tobi had remained adamant. "He acts like someone under a spell, I don't get him anymore." He shook his head and held Bolu to himself. She sobbed into his shoulders.

"We were getting on fine before we knew he was my twin brother." She said in tears.

"Babe, your mum needs you more now. Stay strong for her." He wiped her tears. She was profoundly unprepared for the events of the last five days. In a reaction to her mother's mood, bolu had forced herself to appear stronger than she felt.

Ade paced the room restlessly. He was worried. His mother was a psychologist and he'd seen some of her patients on the brink of a breakdown.

"Let's get a doctor to evaluate her." He suggested. They both agreed and ade quickly called a psychiatrist to arrange a meeting.

They waited for baba ibadan and they all drove down to Akobo for the doctor's appointment.

"She's in shock." The doctor told them. They gave a brief history of recent happenings and he decided she could snap out of it with love and care, no need for medication. He recommended therapy.

"We giving her all that sir, but no improvement." Bolu said in frustration. "Is there nothing she can take?"

The doc. Faced Ade, "Ade, this is your mum's turf. Is she aware of this case?"

Ade casted a brief side glance at Bolu before he answered. "Em, yes, she's aware. But right now, she's in Seoul as a UN delegate." Bolu looked at him with some annoyance and muttered "so much for keeping secrets" under her breath. She was clearly upset and Ade knew.

The doc. Carried on without noticing the exchange of looks between the lovers. "Please, let her handle this woman when she comes. In the meantime, try more of TLC and maybe a change of environment. I will not like her to sink deeper or go into serious depression."

They said thank you and filed out quietly. Baba ibadan supported madam ty. In the car, bolu was clearly upset. Ade placed his hands on her laps. "Babe, I'm sorry. had to talk to my mum, she's the one I talk to when I'm overwhelmed and this whole Tobi thing..."

"You promised you won't tell a soul. Now it's all over the town. These people are all public figures, maybe it got back to Tobi and that's why he's acting..."

"No way. Mum never even told dad because he's a politician and they can talk...please, believe me, I needed that session with her to clear my head and be strong for you."

She felt sorry for him. They've lumped their problem on him and he's just human. "Babe, I'm sorry too. I understand why you had to tell her and I love you." Bolu hugged him.

"Hem,hem..."Baba ibadan cleared his throat and they all laughed. "How about she comes to my house?" He asked. "You are preparing for a wedding, you don't need the distraction of taking care of her."

Bolu considered it. "I'm thinking of Osogbo with grandma. Your wife is a business woman, grandma stays at home and we can have the wedding low key there too and grandma, uncle and mummy agba will take care of her. I can see her even every other day."

They agreed on osogbo. The atmosphere back was a bit better than the drive to the doctor's. They all agreed it was not a bad idea."

"We'll take you down tomorrow." Bolu held her mother's hands. She had not said another word.

Forgetting Tobi was not an option. But if would get her mother well, she was up for it. A part of her missed the brief moments the three of them shared together.

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 29, 2014

A few days to the wedding. Ade worried incessantly about bolu's mum. They had agreed on a low key wedding to avoid the spotlight. There were reporters who hounded him and looked for any news about his fiancée. Not one to let a problem fester, Ade agreed with bolu to have the wedding at Osogbo. Luckily, his parents were very supportive.

Early on the morning of Thursday, they had decided to give Tobi one last visit, to invite him for the wedding.

"Hey!" Tobi shook hands with Ade and said a cool "hello" to Bolu. Temi was there, playing solitaire on his lap top while he worked on the desktop. It's been three weeks since Temi last answered Bolu's call or even called her back. Bolu had tried all she could to see her, but Temi had deliberately avoided her friend, now she knew why.

"Temi!" She screamed in a blend of joy and surprise at seeing her friend there. "Why have you not been picking my calls now?" She held her friend's hands.
"Em...em...I've been busy sha."
"But they said you no longer work at d'prince. I've been there." Bolu admonished her friend with love.

"Hem" ade cleared his throat to get their attention. "Tobi and Temi, we are here to invite you to our wedding-for the umpteenth time." Ade smiled and expected his friend to find it funny. He didn't.
"Sorry, like I told you guys earlier, I have a date with Temi on saturday. We can't make it." He held Temi's hands for emphasis. She looked up to him and smiled. He gave her a kiss on the lips that said 'we are an item'.

Bolu wasn't angry because they were an item. She was not even angry Tobi had drifted away from them. She was angry because Temi had betrayed her love. She was the chief bride's maid!

"Ok, I guess I'll just get another maid of honor." She looked her friend straight in the eye and waited for her answer.

Temi didn't answer. Bolu pulled her hands and lead her outside the office. They had to talk. Temi followed her reluctantly while Ade and Tobi carried on an awkward conversation.

Temi snatched her hands from Bolu's grip, they were beginning to hurt, or were they? Maybe it's the feeling of guilt. She followed her quietly to the car park and Bolu leaned on Ade's car, while Temi looked down at her feet in shame.

"Hmm, you've stepped up some." Bolu pointed at her designer shoes and dress. Temi held her hair up with a pair of Ray ban sun shades. Bolu wasn't looking bad herself. She decked a pair of black ph pant and a pink stripped shirt, all expensive. "Temi, you know I can never stand in your way with Tobi. But you shouldn't have done it secretly."

"Well, what can I say? Single girl met single guy, guy didn't want to talk about you or your mum, what do I do? Tell him off to be with you?" She asked

"No, babe. But you could have told me instead of lying about it. I called you before coming here, you never said you were..."

She couldn't hold it in any longer. Temi suddenly burst into tears, all pent up emotions let out in the stream that flowed down her cheeks. "Bolu, I'm so sorry. I have no excuse. I don't have your face or your great body. I felt Tobi was my only chance of meeting a great guy..."

Bolu held her rocking shoulders. "Temi dear, you are beautiful and you have a large heart. Besides, I can never come in your way. You were there when I needed you most, you couldve trusted me."

"I'm so sorry." She continued crying. "How is mama?"

"She's not fine o." She told her about everything they've been through.

"Oh, my! Poor mama!" They hugged and she called Tobi to tell him she was going. Ade joined them and they all drove down to felele. Seeing madam ty's condition, Temi confessed what transpired between her and Mrs Seriki. "Maybe she used another charm."

They were shocked. This looked bigger than them. "What then?" Ade asked. "We continue praying. Abi?"

"You really should've told me earlier, Temi." Bolu said.

"It's ok. Let's think of the way out now." Ade pacified Bolu and they sat down to think of the way forward. Temi was happy to be back in her friend's life and forgiven. She was determined to do her best to right the wrong.

Re: THE WEB by kingphilip(m): 7:07am On Nov 29, 2014
D9ty7:
I am human and so I have two legs like every other person.
You made it happen. Anyone can do what I did. Moreso, you are the first person to endorse the story.
endorse am twice n e no work

but u just once n viola dem send am shaperly
Re: THE WEB by Mariaben(f): 7:17am On Nov 29, 2014
Mrs Seriki should enjoy her son while it last cos i bet the spell will be broken and she will loose him for life. Nice work Candy. Am waiting for the next update.
Re: THE WEB by D9ty7(m): 7:23am On Nov 29, 2014
Lol. Lets just say you ought to endorse the thread thrice and I helped you complete it. If you had done it twice, they would have moved it to the fp.
kingphilip:

endorse am twice n e no work

but u just once n viola dem send am shaperly
Re: THE WEB by trendy01(f): 7:45am On Nov 29, 2014
Finally I am here! Candy candy candy...this is vry candicious grin
Re: THE WEB by Aimedrey(f): 8:18am On Nov 29, 2014
wow.....nyc story candy! hope the spell breaks fast o!
Re: THE WEB by kingphilip(m): 8:29am On Nov 29, 2014
D9ty7:
Lol. Lets just say you ought to endorse the thread thrice and I helped you complete it. If you had done it twice, they would have moved it to the fp.
lol u might b right sha
BTW I've bin busy these days but sure I'll come c u before today winds down
Re: THE WEB by kingphilip(m): 8:32am On Nov 29, 2014
he silence was a new one and it worried her
she can pull this through but I guess if she goes beyond this she might not b able to come out of it even if the spell is broken n Tobi makes his way back to the family

candy tnx for the updates but please I'll need one more update before today runs out please

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (36) (Reply)

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.