Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,693 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

THE WEB - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE WEB (116934 Views)

The Africa Connected. Success Stories Powered By The Web Contest / ***SECRETS Exposed***how To Get Paid Writing For The Web! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE WEB by kingphilip(m): 11:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
so even the Senator is afraid.. but Mrs seriki is taking this the wrong way n she should beta retrace ha steps on time

temi should b very careful and betray Mrs seriki is atall she wants to betray anybody... tell tobi about this n he may even give u more than that amount

candy nice one dear... I don comment oya come update
Re: THE WEB by arabaribiti(m): 9:25pm On Nov 24, 2014
Candy nice one but temi i pity her sha but thats ladies for you their thinking dey inside their ? Abeg make una no attack me na joke i dey
Re: THE WEB by Hameenat94(f): 10:47pm On Nov 24, 2014
arabaribiti:
Candy nice one but temi i pity her sha but thats ladies for you their thinking dey inside their ? Abeg make una no attack me na joke i dey
U beta de joke oh. No use one person joke cos na woman de write this story
Re: THE WEB by Hameenat94(f): 10:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
[quote author=candy post=28288936]
Aw...but that's if she doesn't mess up sha...who knows?[/quote
She can't fit na
Re: THE WEB by ruffhandu: 11:50pm On Nov 24, 2014
Candy my person, well done. Help me ask madam ty, na now her mouth come strong to tongue-lash Smart abi?
Mrs Seriki is desperate to hold something so as to get away with her mess.

I am waiting patiently.
Re: THE WEB by Uthman51(m): 1:04am On Nov 25, 2014
Pity Adebimpe a lot..is it a bad thing to help a friend dat helped u when u were down"Temi"....Keep it up miss
Re: THE WEB by arabaribiti(m): 7:45am On Nov 25, 2014
Hameenat94 you know ladies are full of jealousy and they can betray their friends even their own sisters when their own relationship is not going fine just be sincere
Re: THE WEB by tescoleps(f): 9:37am On Nov 25, 2014
arabaribiti:
Hameenat94 you know ladies are full of jealousy and they can betray their friends even their own sisters when their own relationship is not going fine just be sincere
It's very bad to generalize..
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 25, 2014
ruffhandu:
Candy my person, well done. Help me ask madam ty, na now her mouth come strong to tongue-lash Smart abi?
Mrs Seriki is desperate to hold something so as to get away with her mess.

I am waiting patiently.
Bros, you know she couldn't have done it earlier na. She was a lowly maid, poor background. She tongue-lashed him when she had real weapons to fight with- her twins, maturity and a little change in her status.

@all, update coming in a bit. Thanks for following.

@kingphilip, you are one special 'reader', thanks for pressing buttons for the FP. Much love, bro.
Re: THE WEB by kingphilip(m): 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2014
candy:
King Philip, you are one special 'reader', thanks for pressing buttons for the FP. Much love, bro.
don't know y it's still being delayed
just continue updating they'll one day put it up
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2014

In her dream, madam ty saw blood. Rivers of it. Smooth oily pool of blood. Tobi was in it up to his chin, the undercurrent pulled at his feet. She tried to grab him, but she watched helplessly as he slipped away from her, as if a force was pulling him from under.

Then just as quickly as it all started, she saw the pool draw into smaller and smaller puddle. Her son was almost free and she was reaching out to him when her eyes snapped open. The room was dark, except for the reflection from the security flood light from the gate. She felt as if she had been sleeping for days instead of hours. She felt weak and thirsty.

Bolu was away on a trip to Lagos with Ade, they've started shopping towards their wedding. She expected them back in the morning. Tobi was at home with the Serikis, where he belonged for now. Madam ty sat up on her bed, brows frowning. There was so much she wished they all could forget and just start over.

She knelt at the foot of the bed and prayed for her children, especially Tobi. Dawn had just lightened the gray horizon when she was done praying. She picked her phone and scrolled to Tobi's number, then she changed her mind; it was too early. Yet, the ominous feeling at the back of her mind persisted. Reluctantly, she picked her phone again, and again she dropped it and called Bolu instead. They were setting out, they assured her.

"Is it not too early?" Madam ty asked with concern, theough she missed them and wanted them back soon as possible.
"No mum, I've missed you and I can't wait to show you my stuff. Besides, Temi has been calling since yesterday, apparently she'd missed me too." Bolu said cheerfully and madam ty heard Ade's giggle underground. Somehow, that brought a smile to her face.

She got up and took her shower. She decided to fast over her dream and left for her grocery store without cooking. This was the way she felt right before fate brought her past back into the present. Yes, that feeling of loss clouded her mind again.

She was making enough money from her store, but Tobi and Bolu made sure she never lacked anything. They even talked of her learning how to drive. At forty two? She had laughed over that.

The first call she received that day was Tobi's.

"Hello, mother." He said into the phone. He was calling from his office. He called her mother, and somehow, the informal address 'mum' had stuck to Mrs Seriki. He still loved and respected her, but loved his birth mother on a different scale.

"Oko mi, how are you?" Madam ty asked, anxiety ringing out. "How was your night? Hope you prayed before you set out for work." She bombarded him with a barrage of questions a concerned mother would ask her child. Tobi smiled and answered all in the affirmative- even though he hadn't said a word of prayer that morning, or the night before.

By 10:15am, Ade dropped Bolu off at her mum's store and left after saying a hurried 'hello' to madam ty and planting a brief kiss on his fiancée's cheeks.

"He has an 11am meeting with his dad." Bolu told her mum.

"Eeya, ok." Madam ty said as she helped Bolu move the two bags she brought into the store.

Bolu's phone rang just as she helped her mum attend to some customers. "Hello, Temi."

"Hello, ore. Are you back?" She asked

"Yes o, we just returned. You need to see the things we bought and the gown I ordered from wedding atelier."

Madam ty eyed her daughter as she chatted on, but Bolu didn't even acknowledge the look she understood to mean 'stop'. Her mother was furious, but she was too excited to 'stop'.

"I'll be expecting you o." Bolu said and ended the call. She gave her mother the 'what now?" Look and smiled.
"Boluwatife, I know you love Temi, but you should reduce the way you talk about your relationship and plans."
"Ok ma, but she's my bestfriend and maid of honor, besides, she loves me dearly."

"Ok o, just be careful." Her mother pleaded.

"You worry too much maami." Bolu argued with her mum. "She was there for us when we were nothing."

"I understand. It's ok sha." Her mother agreed with her just for the sake of peace.

Just then, yemi, the sales girl entered the store. Madam ty had sent her to one of their suppliers at Agbeni earlier.

"Good morning ma." She greeted Bolu.
"Olayemi dear, how are you?" She greeted Yemi. She had treated heer like a younger sister since the day baba ibadan brought her for them and madam ty had seen her like her daughter too. In fact, she slept in their house most nights.

Mother and daughter decided to leave Yemi alone at the store and headed home to prepare some food for Tobi and Temi. They were both coming to visit. They were not an iteem yet, but Bolu was determined to make them work; she loved Temi that much.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by D9ty7(m): 12:20pm On Nov 25, 2014
Kingphilip, tell me something that I don't know. Are you saying you already endorsed this story for the frontpage?
The mods needs more people to stand on their necks.
Candy: Check back in the evening, you'll find your story on the frontpage.
Re: THE WEB by D9ty7(m): 12:29pm On Nov 25, 2014
To everyone reading this story:
I know you all are enjoying it. Endorse this story for the frontpage. Mark my words, this story will make the fp before 8pm today. Provided we all endorse the story. Second my post or second kingphilip's post.
Here is the endorsement thread; https://www.nairaland.com/1210134/endorse-topics-make-frontpage/31#28332272
Re: THE WEB by kingphilip(m): 12:46pm On Nov 25, 2014
d9ty7 I did o but they're yet to take it to front-page

so temi is using calls to track ha friend n hand ha over to Mrs seriki? like seriously betrayal of any kind is just wickedness
candy tnx for the update looking forward to more of it
Re: THE WEB by QueenTolpatx(f): 1:17pm On Nov 25, 2014
undecidedhmmm, i hope temi wont do smtin dat will hurt bolu. i really am afraid 4 madan ty, she's gone thru alot. ................. candy thumbs up, cant wait to get to the end of this. more ink 2 ur pen wink
Re: THE WEB by Fareedha: 2:40pm On Nov 25, 2014
Guessing tge plan this time wont be succesful.it might affect tobi
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 25, 2014
Thank you guys for endorsing this story for FP. You've done your bit, come back and comment on the story thread jor...I'm really more interested in your continued presence here...FP will come when Obinnau wants.

QueenTolpatx:
undecidedhmmm, i hope temi wont do smtin dat will hurt bolu. i really am afraid 4 madan ty, she's gone thru alot. ................. candy thumbs up, cant wait to get to the end of this. more ink 2 ur pen wink

This story was somehow inspired by a true story, but the real one was too sad so I'm taking it easy on madam ty here tongue

Hammenat94,ruffhandu, debdave, tescoleps, princesslove, adeh39, missmossy...where are you guys na? I need you here o.

Kingphilip and D9ty7...you rock.
Re: THE WEB by tescoleps(f): 9:35pm On Nov 25, 2014
Candy we'r wit u all d way. Wen is d next update?
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 25, 2014
Temi, dis girl is really crazy, hw can she betray her frnd cos of money? Helen plan won't work, I think it will affect Tobi in a way sha, thanks 4 d update....., sorry 4 d late comments jare, my fone is sumhw faulty. Still following....
Re: THE WEB by ruffhandu: 8:33am On Nov 26, 2014
candy:

Bros, you know she couldn't have done it earlier na. She was a lowly maid, poor background. She tongue-lashed him when she had real weapons to fight with- her twins, maturity and a little change in her status.

You are right my dear. True talk.
Re: THE WEB by ruffhandu: 8:42am On Nov 26, 2014
candy:
Thank you guys for endorsing this story for FP. You've done your bit, come back and comment on the story thread jor...I'm really more interested in your continued presence here...FP will come when Obinnau wants.

This story was somehow inspired by a true story, but the real one was too sad so I'm taking it easy on madam ty here tongue

Hammenat94,ruffhandu, debdave, tescoleps, princesslove, adeh39, missmossy...where are you guys na? I need you here o.

Kingphilip and D9ty7...you rock.

Aw! Sad to hear. But the truth is, lots of horrible things happen to people everyday and it is concealed due to one reason or the other. Some have gone to the grave with dark secrets. So sad in this unfair world we live in. But another sad fact is: we have what it takes to absorb the things that come our way most times. Sad world.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 26, 2014
Temi! Hmmmmm
lemme reserve my comment sha
Re: THE WEB by missviva(f): 8:50am On Nov 26, 2014
What the hell was Temi thinking? Candy pls nothn shld happen 2 my Boluwatife o

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 26, 2014

"You look dull, babe." Bolu sat next to Temi on the couch. Also present in the room were Ade and madam ty. They were still expecting Tobi who was on an impromptu lunch date with Mrs Seriki. They were all checking out the items Bolu had picked in Lagos.

"I've noticed too, Temi. Is mama alright? How is your dad?" Madam ty asked with motherly concern. Ade drew near them on the cane woven stool that served as a magazine rack- a gift Tobi had bought them recently.

"Just leave me alone, will you?!" She shook bolu'ss hands off her shoulders and stood up in annoyance.
They were all shocked at Temi's outburst and rallied round her. "How are your sisters?" Bolu asked.
"Is it about Deji?" Ade asked.
"No." She shrugged her shoulders.

She had received the alert for the money mrs seriki paid into her account. Armed with the plan, she had come visiting with the hope of carrying out her mission. Unfortunately, she realised she couldn't. Tobi's impromptu lunch with Mrs Seriki is a sign she shouldn't do it. He had called to say he was coming to meet them after the lunch with his mum.

She quickly picked her purse and slipped her feet into her slippers, just under the sofa. She was ready in two minutes. "Bolu, I'll come back here immediately I'm done." Her tone softer now.

"Ok, I'll keep your food in the cooler." Bolu assured her, they both smiled. Bolu walked her to the main road where she hailed a bike.

The weather was getting harsh now, it was harmattan. The roads were dusty and her slippered feet had gathered its fair share of dust. Usually, she would have washed her feet before leaving felele, but she had to make it to the bank before 4pm as she couldn't transact her business over the atm.

"Gtb, shewa." She told the okada man
"N100." The okada man told her. On a different day she would have offered to pay N60, but not today. She hopped on the bike and urged him to drive faster. She was racing against time.

The okada pulled up in front of GTb and she paid him. She rushed towards the banking hall and checked her watch. It was 3:54pm. She prayed silently that they'll let her in. Luckily for her, Ayo, one of her camp mates who was retained after her service spotted her on her way in to the banking hall. They hugged and exchanged pleasantries. Ayo dragged Temi into the banking hall just as the security guard announced they were closing to customers.

Within minutes, the sum of N300 thousand was paid to Temi from her account. The amount Mrs Seriki had deposited there two days back. The remaining N100k was to be paid after she accomplished her mission. She quickly made a call to mrs seriki who was not expecting her call till after the deal is done.

"What is it?" She said into the receiver, irritation evident in her voice. "I believe you have something important to say."
"I'll like to see you ma." She was shaking as she waited for a cab to Mrs Seriki's office. Her worst fear was the money being snatched from her, then she'd be forced to open up to her friends or raise the money anyhow.

"What for? I'm enjoying lunch with my son, you have to call me back." She hung up on Temi and faced her son before he could ask questions. "That was Pat." Tobi shrugged his shoulders as he pulled a seat for her.

Tears ran down Temi's face as she held on to the bag containing the ill-gotten money. A part of her still jabbed at her for accepting in the first place, but she pushed the thought away. She felt her pocket for the substance mrs seriki gave her. It was no longer there.

Then she remembered; she had left it in her handbag, on the kitchen cabinet. Her feet grew cold and rooted to the spot. Mrs seriki had told her all she needed to do was sprinkle the substance on the floor and to ensure that she crossed over it, after which it loses its potency. She knew it was charm, but didn't know the effect, she dared not ask.

Though mrs seriki assured her it wasn't to kill anybody, she knew madam ty stood the risk of seeing her bag on the counter top and she wasn't sure of what will happen if she or her daughter looked through her bag and saw the substance.

Don't touch my bag, please. She prayed silently as she hailed another bike to felele. "Please be fast. I'll give you N100."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THE WEB by Queenxstar(f): 10:33am On Nov 26, 2014
GOD please, my heart is pounding. This Temi girl sef...
Re: THE WEB by fragilegal(f): 10:54am On Nov 26, 2014
hands on head.....waitn patiently
Re: THE WEB by stuff46(m): 11:56am On Nov 26, 2014
please don't touch her bag so that the devil can be put to shame.
*runs to my room brinqz my bible,startz prayer and worship. I don already drink alomo dis morninq i for like to add fastinq inside

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by ruffhandu: 3:03pm On Nov 26, 2014
Good work Candy. Fire dey go.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
Omo! See double wahala o shocked
Re: THE WEB by Suzyky4u(f): 10:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
Following...
Re: THE WEB by D9ty7(m): 11:25pm On Nov 26, 2014
And you just made the frontpage. Congratulations to you Candy, its in you, just like peak.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (36) (Reply)

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.