Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

THE WEB - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE WEB (117145 Views)

The Africa Connected. Success Stories Powered By The Web Contest / ***SECRETS Exposed***how To Get Paid Writing For The Web! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 18, 2014
candy:
Are you giving lecture at the other writers' thread? Just saw the thread today because of my mention! Good job you guys are doing there.

I'll serve something light here tonight, heavy food is not good at night ;P
I'm not teaching.
I love heavy food @ Night o
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
So, iron lady too dey fear?
Re: THE WEB by Eniqurl(f): 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
I'll serve something light here tonight, heavy food is not good at night ;P[/quote] Whu tld u heh ? Ah love heavy food at nigh oh. M waitinq for mre updates, thnks for dz one.
Re: THE WEB by Kunzu(m): 10:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
I need some candies

#where is she ooo
Re: THE WEB by D9ty7(m): 10:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
There is only one way to pull the crowds to your thread. REGULAR UPDATES.
I know you are trying because your updates are well lengthy but with the space of time between them, its just like you updated just once today.
Try it when you are less busy, drop 2-3 legthy updates and sit back and watch. You'll see the result.
I know you have a life outside Nairaland and you can't be online everytime but you've started this and you have to finish this or your followers go on rampage.
By the way I love your last update.
See you later at the top.

2 Likes

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 19, 2014
D9ty7: T

oga, weldone...
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
Divepen: So, iron lady too dey fear?
Iron lady dey fear o....big skeleton in her closet.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
D9ty7: There is only one way to pull the crowds to your thread. REGULAR UPDATES.
I know you are trying because your updates are well lengthy but with the space of time between them, its just like you updated just once today.
Try it when you are less busy, drop 2-3 legthy updates and sit back and watch. You'll see the result.
I know you have a life outside Nairaland and you can't be online everytime but you've started this and you have to finish this or your followers go on rampage.
By the way I love your last update.
See you later at the top.
Your comments just have a way of motivating me! Thanks.

Though I'm quite busy with work, kids and all, I'll try and drop 2 updates today at once.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
Kunzu: I need some candies
Candies here...what's your flavor?
Thanks for coming.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
Eniqurl:
Whu tld u heh ? Ah love heavy food at nigh oh. M waitinq for mre updates, thnks for dz one.
You know the result of eating foofoo at night na...big tummy tongue
Thanks for following.
Re: THE WEB by princesssusan(f): 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
New member, i need a wlkum update plzzz cheesy
Re: THE WEB by D9ty7(m): 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
I tot you wanted to say a welcome kiss... lol
princesssusan: New member, i need a wlkum update plzzz cheesy
Re: THE WEB by D9ty7(m): 5:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
I dey hail.
Divepen:
oga, weldone...

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by D9ty7(m): 5:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
Did I just hear you say kids? Ah dun know o.
candy:
Your comments just have a way of motivating me! Thanks.

Though I'm quite busy with work, kids and all, I'll try and drop 2 updates today at once.
Re: THE WEB by Kunzu(m): 7:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
candy:
Candies here...what's your flavor?
Thanks for coming.

I need d WEB Flavour and CHOCOLATE Flavour

#I neva see any updates ooo
Re: THE WEB by princesssusan(f): 2:11am On Sep 20, 2014
D9ty7: I tot you wanted to say a welcome kiss... lol
Hahaha nawah 4 u o
Re: THE WEB by D9ty7(m): 10:19am On Sep 20, 2014
don't mind me....
princesssusan:
Hahaha nawah 4 u o
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 20, 2014
princesssusan: New member, i need a wlkum update plzzz cheesy
Loading sis, thanks for joining.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
Her recurrent dream was starting to disrupt her waking life and she was concerned. The grip of her dream on her emotions suggests to her that it was more than just a dream; it may be a warning of an impending doom. Something that has to do with her daughter. What bothered Madam TY beyond the reality of the dream was the usual presence of two children in the dream. But who is this second child had been a question on her mind.

Thankfully, she has not had the dream in three nights now. She found sleep time more refreshing. She was arranging the pineapples she just bought from Oje, setting aside the already ripe ones she'll cut and tie in nylon bags later. She had the luxury of doing this outside before;now she'd been forced to do it in the room. Mama, alhaji's wife had become more confrontational and any mistake from madam TY will make them homeless.

"Maami!" Bolu shouted excitedly from the street door.
"Boluwatife" her mother called her name excitedly. She quickly left waht she was doing and ran outside to meet her daughter.
"Maami, e ku ojo meta" she said, half hugging her.

Mother and daughter were so happy to see eachother. Since the two weeks following orientation camp, Bolu hasn't been home. They had communicated on phone. Determined to spend as little money on transportation as possible, Bolu had stayed with Temi at the new place she rented, very close to her office. All she wanted was to save enough money to get them out of this hole.

"Why are your fruits not displayed on the table outside?" She asked her mum, concern written on her face.
" Alhaja will not let me o!" She answered, "unless I pay N700 for the space every month".
"Now, she is mean!" Bolu said with irritation in her sweet voice. "Well, I have a surprise for you"
"What is it, Bolu?", "you finally found a boy good enough for you?" She asked, smiling.

For six months now, relationship and marriage issue had found its way into their every conversation. Unfortunately, she was yet to find 'that one', thereby making her mum happy. She hoped to soon, but knew she wasn't going to rush it.

"No, mum, I found us a house, a better place than Alhaji and Alhaja had ever lived in", they both laughed at that.
"So, how can we afford such a place?" Madam TY asked dejectedly.
"Temi gave me N40,000. N30,000 as loan, I will repay from my salary", she continued,"she gave me N10,000 free, the place I got is N60,000, self contain".
Madam TY glared at her daughter. "You know we don't need that kind of luxury ..."
"...maami, government will pay me N19,000 a month, my place of primary assignment will pay N10,000".

Returning her attention to the fruit basket, madam TY sighed and shrugged her shoulders. "I have N16,000, I was hoping to make it 18 so we can get somewhere like this"
"Well, I have N13,000. All together, we have N69, 000", she drew her stool closer to her mum who was already peeling the pineapples. She collected the knife and tray, and started the peeling.
"How will you ever pay Temi back for all her kindness to you?", madam TY asked, expecting no answer.

Bolu and Temi met and became best friends in their 100L days in ABU. They both studied sociology and both hailed from Osun state. Temi's parents were timber merchants at the popular bodija market in Ibadan and she had on several occasions helped Bolu pay part or all of her tuition.

Life for Bolu and her mother had always been tough, but they've never had it that rough before. The Kaduna riot had forced them back home the previous year and they had fled the city leaving their few belongings behind. Coming down south without anything or even anyone to lean on was a tough decision. The Yoruba community they belonged to had arranged a bus to take those willing back home and of course, only small handbags were allowed due to the limited space.

Bolu and her mum had gone straight to Osogbo, her mum's place, to stay with her grandparents and they had only recently relocated to Ibadan on the invitation of Baba Ibadan, her maternal uncle. The room they managed now was one of the three rooms baba ibadan rented with his family before he moved to his own house at Olodo. He was magnanimous enough to pay for one year upfront for one of the rooms till they could settle down well.

Later that evening, they had gone to check the new apartment. Satisfied that her mother liked it, they paid and cleaned it the following day and on sunday, they moved.

2 Likes

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kunzu:

I need d WEB Flavour and CHOCOLATE Flavour
#I neva see any updates ooo

So sorry, 'NEPA' seized power, generator acted up, battery all flat! But all sorted out now, I've uploaded a WEB flavor, enjoy!
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 20, 2014
D9ty7: Did I just hear you say kids? Ah dun know o.
Yes o, ain't easy having kids run all over you while trying to edit a story! Bless them sha.
Re: THE WEB by D9ty7(m): 12:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
Nice update.... But seriously where do you live in Ibadan?
Which of the Olodos are u referring to?
Re: THE WEB by D9ty7(m): 12:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
Amen.
candy:
Yes o, ain't easy having kids run all over you while trying to edit a story! Bless them sha.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 20, 2014

She smiled as usual. From her chair she had a fine view of the new express road through the transparent glass that made up most part of the office wall. This morning, the road looked so busy 'okada' riders could barely meander in between cars as usual. A line of frustrated motorcyclists formed on one side.

Her office looked small, but tastefully decorated. She had never owned space this elegant in her life. Her purse was at her feet, a small imitation LV purse. She had on a red shirt and a pleated black skirt. Her hair was made into lovely tiny braids, packed neatly with a band. She looked really beautiful and she knew it.

"Good morning Bolu", Tobi greeted as he strolled into the office.
"Em, good morning sir, hope you had a fun-filled weekend". Bolu quickly stood up to collect her boss' laptop bag.
"Never mind. I've told you to cut the 'sir' out, I thought we were friends". Tobi said and winked playfully.

Bolu and Tobi had become really close over the past few weeks since she resumed work as his acting secretary, to the annoyance of Mrs Seriki and Amber Smart, Tobi's girlfriend.

"Ok, how was your weekend?" She asked
"I'll tell you about it over lunch, if you don't mind.
"Let's see...here". She handed him his appointment cards and phone messages in a company booklet. They chatted some more and he left for his office.

Bolu sighed and faced the road again. This time however, the stretch of the express that overlooked her office was clear. The traffic build up cleared, the angry motorcyclists all gone and she smiled again. It looked like a beautiful week ahead.

She checked her watch, 8:15am. clients didn't start coming till around 9:30am unless on appointment. She switched on her PC and logged on to nairaland.com for news updates. Just as she was about to relax and read the first news on the front page, Amber entered the office, looking furious.

"Good morning ma", Bolu stood up to greet her boss' girlfriend. She didn't know why she was so scared of Amber, but she was really scared of her.

"What's good about the morning, Bolu?"
Silence.
"Answer me, you slut".
Bolu quickly searched her frail mind for what she had done again to deserve this, but nothing came to mind. She decided to apologize all the same. Meekly, without raising her eyes or voice, she said a quiet "sorry ma" and continued starring at her slippered feet.

"Just steer clear of Tobi, he is not in your class" she hissed and entered Tobi's office. Just then, her phone rang. She checked the caller I'd, it was Temi. She smiled and her mood brighted up again.

"Hello ore" she greeted her friend.
"Ok" she said again into the mouthpiece and ended the call. Temi was at the gate, just checking to see if she was in the office.

"Hmmm, you look georgeous, Bolu!" Teemi screamed on seing her friend.

"Thanks, you are looking fine yourself"
"So, when are you moving to the new place?" Temi asked.

"Oh, you were busy with your man this weeked, I didn't want to bother you-we moved on sunday"

"You no well" Temi said jokingly."You should have called me to help you".

" Ha ha ha, what did we have there to move?" She asked, laughing. "Infact, we only carried a few things"

"You should still have called, Joseph would've helped you with his van"

"Thanks sha. We filled this personal data form on friday, now that I've changed address over the weekend, do I notify them?" She sought Temi's counsel.

Tomi considered the options briefly. "No jor, sey bi you are just a corper. When they retain you, you can give full detail, even your Oshogbo address" and both girls laughed.

They were chatting when the intercom rang, showing Tobi's line and bolu picked it with shaky hands. She knew it was her arch-enemy, Amber. She squeezed her face and said a quiet hello then dropped the line.

"Her royal majesty will like me to get her bag from her car"

"What of the messenger?"

"Apparently, I'm a glorified messenger"

"Hm, she's lucky you are the one she's doing this to, Bolu" Temi said in annoyance.

"I trust you" Bolu said and dashed out to the management car park.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 20, 2014
D9ty7: Nice update.... But seriously where do you live in Ibadan?
Which of the Olodos are u referring to?
The Olodo here is Olodo, iyana church, Monatan side. You know another one? I only know that olodo!

*I live at Oluyole estate extension.
Re: THE WEB by Kunzu(m): 2:12pm On Sep 20, 2014
#Following
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 20, 2014
You guys shouldn't just read and pass na, leave your comments...and please point out errors where you see 'em. I'm just a learner with a story wink
Re: THE WEB by D9ty7(m): 3:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
Believe me the comments will come just give me the go ahead to do something about it.[quote
author=candy]You guys shouldn't just read and pass na, leave your
comments...and please point out errors where you see 'em. I'm just a
learner with a story wink[/quote]
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 20, 2014
D9ty7: Believe me the comments will come just give me the go ahead to do something about it.
Awww...thanks! I give you all the go ahead you need. The comments are like fuel needed to move the story forward.
Re: THE WEB by D9ty7(m): 5:11pm On Sep 20, 2014
Am on it.
candy:
Awww...thanks! I give you all the go ahead you need. The comments are like fuel needed to move the story forward.
Re: THE WEB by yhermmie(f): 6:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
I'm so much loving this story..... Move on pls....

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by princesssusan(f): 7:23pm On Sep 20, 2014
Candiliciuos candy, diz ya story is woooooooow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.