Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

SHOCKER! What TB Joshua Said In His Church Today About Building Collapse - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / SHOCKER! What TB Joshua Said In His Church Today About Building Collapse (1990 Views)

Ogun Pastor Prays Recharge Card Into His Church Members Phone / SA Pastor Who Makes His Congregation Eat Snakes, Beaten, His Church Burnt Down / What TB Joshua Just Posted On INSTAGRAM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SHOCKER! What TB Joshua Said In His Church Today About Building Collapse by Makweembo: 3:51pm On Sep 14, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHJfGVmuYHg&feature=youtu.be

On Sunday 14th April 2014, Prophet T.B. Joshua played to his congregation and Emmanuel TV viewers worldwide shocking footage captured by security cameras of the horrific moment a guest-house collapsed within the church premises.

Joshua, speaking to a packed auditorium of worshippers seemingly undeterred by the tragic incident that transpired days earlier, began by thanking officials involved in the extensive rescue operation, as well as supporters worldwide for their prayers."

He then recounted the events that preceded the building collapse at exactly 12:44pm on Friday afternoon. “I know this is not the right time to talk,” the cleric started. “I will just say a little because I don’t want to interfere with the job of security personnel.”

Joshua narrated how on Friday morning at approximately 8am, he left the ‘prayer mountain’ where he ‘lives’ to return to the church, only to be alerted by phone that “there was a jet hovering, moving around at very close range at the mountain which I had just left.”

Shortly afterwards, he was informed the plane in question was flying dangerously low over a particular building within the church premises. “We are going to show you the video,” he then announced.

Church members reacted with gasps of shock and disbelief as a video containing security footage of the ‘strange airplane’ and its multiple flights was shown, followed by the building collapse in less than three seconds of horror.

Joshua went on to state that after thirty years residing in Ikotun, Lagos, he had never witnessed an incident of this nature. “This is to tell you we have a stable terrain in this area. I have been in this community for the past 30 years and no building has collapsed,” he insisted.

He went on to assure congregants that no effort was being spared in rescuing the victims of the tragedy. “As a minister of the Gospel, our first priority is life – life saving,” he stated. “There is no compromise in what we do at all. I am going to leave this for you to judge.”

He then released a warning that another similar incident would occur within the country if proper precautions were not observed. “Let us believe, educate our people and be alert. Why? So that our country will not witness a similar incident in another place.”

Seeming to speak the minds of congregants, Joshua went on, “I know you will ask me – why Synagogue? Don’t forget the spiritual blessing that God has bestowed on us? A big head wears a large hat.”

He proceeded to decry the attitude people had exhibited towards a much-publicised confession of an alleged Boko Haram member in The SCOAN in March 2014. “No matter how long a lie is sustained, truth will someday prevail,” the cleric admonished. “We should remember the militant that came with his group to this church with a bomb. Upon televising it, they said it was a lie – but later discovered it to be true. The case is still with the security.”

He added that the multiple rumours peddled about Ebola victims dying at The SCOAN and the alleged ‘salt-water’ cure ascribed to him that went viral were all attacks against the church. “They were trying to scare you from coming to this church. Don’t be scared – you are not the target, I am the target.”

Joshua stated however that his ‘job’ on earth was still unfinished. “I knew my hour had not yet come. I have not yet finished my job.”
He reminded congregants of a message he had given several weeks earlier that the last few months of 2014, which he had already termed ‘The Year Of Crossing The Bridge’, would contain tragic and calamitous events as if ‘it were 10 years’. He declared that in the midst of the unfortunate incident, “God is on top of the matter”.
Joshua then stated that Divine judgement would befall the perpetrators of the attack. “I want to assure you that our God will get back to them – the agents of satan,” he authoritatively declared.

Joshua went on to shock congregants the more by reading out a message he had received concerning another foiled Boko Haram plot against The SCOAN. “Man of God, my name is Emmanuel,” the message stated. “I have a confession to make. I want to give my life to Jesus Christ. I am a Boko Haram member. I came to SCOAN to plant a bomb but could not do it because of the God who called you. I went back to Jos with the bomb which I still have with me now.”

"The reason I am showing you this is for you to know the God you are serving,” Joshua explained. “God wants to reveal to you what He has been doing that you don’t know about,” he continued, adding that he knows ‘faithless’ attendees may likely stop visiting his church.
Joshua concluded by saluting the ‘martyrs’ who lost their lives in the tragic incident, describing them as people of faith who ‘knew the God they are serving’.

He insisted that truth would prevail amidst the conflicting reports arising concerning the cause of the building’s collapse. “Right from the beginning of my life, people have been lying but they still come back to the truth. That is a good life – for people to lie against you first before they realise the truth. Here I am – I leave it for you to judge. I am a prophet. The security have a job to do.”

Ihechukwu Njoku - freelance Nigerian journalist

SOURCE: Linda Ikeji Blog - http://www.lindaikeji..com/2014/09/footage-of-synagogue-building-colllapse.html

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER! What TB Joshua Said In His Church Today About Building Collapse by successking401(m): 4:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
On "Thou shall not judge", i stand
Re: SHOCKER! What TB Joshua Said In His Church Today About Building Collapse by wesley80(m): 4:59pm On Sep 14, 2014
Thank you for posting this.
Re: SHOCKER! What TB Joshua Said In His Church Today About Building Collapse by engrflames: 5:38pm On Sep 14, 2014
The gate of hell shall never overcome the church.
Re: SHOCKER! What TB Joshua Said In His Church Today About Building Collapse by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 14, 2014
He's simply playing to the gallery,instead of hitting the nail by accepting responsibility for the carnage.

Funniest thing is that his congregation would swallow that gibberish talk line,hook,and sinker.

Because he's a man of God doesn't mean we have to shy away from the truth.

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKER! What TB Joshua Said In His Church Today About Building Collapse by gbadexy(m): 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
Only God knows what's hidden from man.
But the part that got me wondering is where he said the congegrants shouldn't be scared that he was the target.
You are the target and they shouldn't be scared but the 40 that died were his congregants and not him.
Re: SHOCKER! What TB Joshua Said In His Church Today About Building Collapse by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2014
Once upon a time there was an emperor whose only interest in life was to dress up in fashionable clothes. He kept changing his clothes so that people could admire him.
Once, two thieves decided to teach him a lesson.
They told the emperor that they were very fine tailors and could sew a lovely new suit for him. It would be so light and fine that it would seem invisible. Only those who were stupid could not see it. The emperor was very excited and ordered the new tailors to begin their work.
One day, the king asked the prime minister to go and see how much work the two tailors had done. He saw the two men moving scissors in the air but he could see no cloth! He kept quiet for fear of being called stupid and ignorant. Instead, he praised the fabric and said it was marvellous.
Finally, the emperor’s new dress was ready. He could see nothing but he too did not want to appear stupid. He admired the dress and thanked the tailors. He was asked to parade down the street for all to see the new clothes. The emperor paraded down the main street. The people could only see a naked emperor but no one admitted it for fear of being thought stupid.
They foolishly praised the invisible fabric and the colours. The emperor was very happy.
At last, a child cried out, “The emperor is naked!”
Soon everyone began to murmur the same thing and very soon all shouted, “The emperor is not wearing anything!”
The emperor realised the truth but preferred to believe that his people were stupid.
http://shortstoriesshort.com/story/the-emperors-new-clothes/

4 Likes

Re: SHOCKER! What TB Joshua Said In His Church Today About Building Collapse by alotofgrace(m): 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
a strange aircraft ahn

how could something dat small do dat?

anybody can edit the timeline of a video shoot.

anything could be responsible for an engineering fault
his building collapsed - sheekaynah
Re: SHOCKER! What TB Joshua Said In His Church Today About Building Collapse by ShobayoEmma(m): 9:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
commenting on a thread that has to do with tb hitting frontpage . . . for the past 30yrs. . . in tb voice. Long life scoan. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: SHOCKER! What TB Joshua Said In His Church Today About Building Collapse by Exmay(m): 12:27am On Sep 15, 2014
See yeye excuse.... abeggi, let the government persecute the Engineers and owners of all collapsed buildings. they should remember that law is not a respecter of anybody. let them be persecuted for manslaughter.
Re: SHOCKER! What TB Joshua Said In His Church Today About Building Collapse by tit(f): 12:42am On Sep 15, 2014
This is the shance of the god of TB Joshua to do what the God of Elijah did.
All of you that are casting aspersions on the poor man
because a strange plane flew over his house,
despite the fact that their Holy Book said "touss not my anointed, ..."
or I shall send my mopol angels to slap you.
You people are still saying he built a substandard house
which collapsed like a house of cards!
And you want the man of god arrested and
his multi-billion dollar property confiscated and close!
That he called carpenters to remove the roof of a two story building,
then added four more floors!
That he did not obey some building code.
You people are of little faith!

Did Isah not feed five thousand people with two agege bread?
Did Daddy GO Adeboye not drive from Lagos to Kaduna on empty?
With faith, TB can build skyscraper on two story foundation,
And nothing will happen.

It is his enemy the devil who push the hotel down!
For you unbelievers, mopol angel will be small for you.
It is Jonathan sniper angel that will deal with you.

Auspicious, can you help me with the spin on this?
Re: SHOCKER! What TB Joshua Said In His Church Today About Building Collapse by nora544: 12:45am On Sep 15, 2014
Lagos state governor, Babatunde Fashola today visited the site of the collapsed building inside the Synagogue Church of All Nations in Ikotun. He commiserated with the church founder, Prophet T.B Joshua and also ordered all church workers to stop work on the site to enable officials of the Nigerian Emergency Management Authority work effectively. See more photos after the cut...

Meanwhile, the Lagos state Commissioner for Physical planning, Mr Toyin Ayinde, revealed that the 5-storey building had no government approval for its construction.

Speaking to newsmen at the site today, the state Commissioner said records in his office shows that no permit was handed to the civil engineers for the building to be erected but said he was awaiting the church engineers to present the building permit they were given to erect the collapsed building.

What a fake man!

(1) (Reply)

What Makes The Letter "J" Very Special !!! / More Proof That Jesus Is The Father!!!!!!!!! / Why I Will Never Attend Christ Embassy Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.