Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:10 AM

Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are (1270 Views)

I Refuse To Believe That Only 'Christians' Are Saved / If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically / The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by paxonel(m): 6:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
we are all saved. so long were born into a christian home and not in the family of any other religion.we are saved because we belong to the Christian faith called Christianity and not in any other religion
the point is most times when we read bible we fail to see the picture what the bible is trying to let us see
Romans 10:1 Paul says Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
this point to the fact that Israel a country for the jews who had the old covenant through Abraham belong to a religion known as Judaism just like Muslims belonging to a religion known as islam therefore the jews were not saved
Judaism ( Jews) had their righteousness through the law of moses which was not enough, so they needed the righteousness of God through Christ (the founder of Christianity) for them to be saved
Romans 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
that means Judaism(the Jews ) also believe in God just like Islam believe in God,yet they were not saved
that also means that for them to be saved they must have the knowledge which is to abandon their Judaism to join Christianity which is the religion Jesus christ established
and the only way they could join christianity was for them to believe in Jesus by being convinced in the heart that Jesus is the Messiah (the coming Christ )
Romans 10:9 says That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
to confess there is the point where they are truly convinced.at that point they they will exclaim OF A TRUTH THAT JESUS WE CRUCIFIED IS THE MESSIAH. that is the confess, confession is exclamation
so salvation is simply a change of religion, from any religion into Christianity
Romans 8:1 says There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
to be in Christ Jesus there means to be in Christianity and not in any other religion, that also means every Christian do not walk after the flesh but after the spirit because Jesus Christ (the founder of Christianity )is the holy spirit in us
Christianity is our faith. we are justified into salvation by Christianity our faith and not by works
Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
You can see that churches (especially in Africa ) have not been telling us the truth, all of them.
Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by harbibi: 7:19pm On Sep 14, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by sammoe(m): 7:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
paxonel, I beg to differ with you on this: " we are all saved. so long were born into a
christian home and not in the family of any
other religion".

Only a personal confession as a result of deep conviction can save one. i.e.being born again.

1 Like

Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by tartar9(m): 8:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
so no matter what you do you wont go to hell as long as you think jesus carry your sin.didn't know it was so easy.

2 Likes

Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by mstik(f): 8:52pm On Sep 14, 2014
We are made righteous with Christ, through his death.
Sin can't get a believer into hell
Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by paxonel(m): 11:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
sammoe: paxonel, I beg to differ with you on this: " we are all saved. so long were born into a
christian home and not in the family of any
other religion".

Only a personal confession as a result of deep conviction can save one. i.e.being born again.
that is true, only a personal confession and conviction can save
and for anybody to confess Christ ( that is,saying JESUS IS LORD OR THE MESSIAH ) that means he is convinced
you see, everybody in christianity confesses that. they know it, they are already convinced that Jesus is the Messiah. we were made to be convinced by our parents as we grow up from childhood so it is an advantage to us because it will be very difficult for non christians to made us believe otherwise thereby making us loose our salvation (you will understand this better if you understand the concept of eternal life which i will discuss later, for eternal life is real ) so if anybody outside christianity (people of other religion ) eventually get convinced that person is automatically saved. remember the thief that was crufied with Jesus. what saved him at that point was because he was convinced that Jesus was the Christ, not because he repented from his sin (please repentance is good o, but repentance can't save anybody)
and Romans 10:9 also confirm that you are automatically saved once you are convinced that Jesus is the Messiah
so an evangelist (like paul in the bible ) is a person who preach to convince non christians to join Christianity.
then pastors take over to groom them
pastors are not suppose to win souls in church (ofcouse you don't see Muslims in church ) but to groom souls that have already be won by evangelists
talking about born again, the concept we christians of this generation we have about born again is very wrong and contradictory . infact right now as i am talking to you we are yet to understand what Jesus meant by born again to Nicodemus
you know there is time for everything. there was the time when Jesus was yet alive on earth before he was crucified (popularly known as the days of John the bapist ) and there is another time which is after the crucifixion where christianity was fully established on earth (the days of the kingdom of. God )
these two eras are not the same
so if Jesus at the time when he was yet to be crucified (which means there was no salvation as at then ) asked Nicodemus to get saved by saying you must be born again, I mean,where is the sense there? will Nicodemus save himself by himself?
I know these things require a level of thinking to understand but if you can think you will see the contradiction there
the worst is, christians who begin to see themselves righteous by their works now hijacked the name born again and begin to boast that they are righteous. they even say they are perfect (ministry of perfection )
i will later explain extensively what Jesus described as born again to Nicodemus when he said marvel not that i say you must be born again (meaning, don't be supprise, i want to tell you what i mean by born again )
John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
this is a parable describing an event, i will explain later please
i don too talk
but just think over it
Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by scosco1: 4:37pm On Sep 15, 2014
I read ur views , in as much as I try to avoid sensitive topics as this but cause you mention judaism its good I clear some misconceptions .
Firstly , I'll start with this saying... " the issue of folks still thinking they are born with a debt that they cannot pay has not been found in the Torah or Hebrew scriptures. I put it to you that its a fabrication from the last 2000yrs. Noone for 4000yrs ever heard about an original sin " - Jeff Gilbert .
- that one is saved excpt born in a christian home is not true please. Noone can save except G-d : " See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand." - deut 32:39
" I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour." - Isa 43:11
ONLY G-D SAVES !!

- who is paul to speak for Israel ? Paul rather thrilled the gentiles with philosophy and hellenized ideas. This was a man who practically twisted scripures in ur new testamnt !

- Christianity and Islam are offshoots of Judaism. They all started as one man's idea,self-spiritual journey,self realization and what have you ! G-d revealed and spoke to Israel as a Nation(3million) at Mt.Sinai. Judaism has been for close τ̲̅ȍ 4000yrs and we haven't shown any sign of leaving except G-d has changed ...‎​​ℓ☺ℓ !!

- you say the laws of moses wasn't enough ? Search ur scriptures properly ..although you can check this out :-
" 10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.

11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.

12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?

13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?

14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;

16 In that I command thee this day to love the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the Lord thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

17 But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;

18 I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.

19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

20 That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them." - deut 30:10-20

(Please note 30:11-14 ) **

- You say judaism is not a religion of ‎knowledge. ....I don't wanna waste time on that ( jews produce,diffuse aπϑ apply knowledge )

- Jsus isn't Israel's Messiah please ...judaism finds it funny that he is the christian god. The term Messiah means "anointed". This refers to anyone initiated into G-d's service by been anointed with oil. Every king aπϑ prophet was a messiah !
Saul - 1sam26:4
David - 2sam23:1
Prophets - 1kings19:16
Non-Jewish kings - Isa45:1 ...am sure ur bible never called this king THE MESSIAH, however, he is the special anointed one who will usher the world into a future Utopian age, an age of perfection . We should be able to verify this One, who he is .
Don't wanna spend much time on this .

You also gave me that " a man is justified by faith without deeds(works) .... Honestly ur NT always contradicts itself and says something as this " faith without works is dead ..." , can't remember the verse but am sure you are famiiar with it.
Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by paxonel(m): 9:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
scosco1: I read ur views , in as much as I try to avoid sensitive topics as this but cause you mention judaism its good I clear some misconceptions .
Firstly , I'll start with this saying... " the issue of folks still thinking they are born with a debt that they cannot pay has not been found in the Torah or Hebrew scriptures. I put it to you that its a fabrication from the last 2000yrs. Noone for 4000yrs ever heard about an original sin " - Jeff Gilbert .
- that one is saved excpt born in a christian home is not true please. Noone can save except G-d : " See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand." - deut 32:39
" I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour." - Isa 43:11
ONLY G-D SAVES !!

- who is paul to speak for Israel ? Paul rather thrilled the gentiles with philosophy and hellenized ideas. This was a man who practically twisted scripures in ur new testamnt !

- Christianity and Islam are offshoots of Judaism. They all started as one man's idea,self-spiritual journey,self realization and what have you ! G-d revealed and spoke to Israel as a Nation(3million) at Mt.Sinai. Judaism has been for close τ̲̅ȍ 4000yrs and we haven't shown any sign of leaving except G-d has changed ...‎​​ℓ☺ℓ !!

- you say the laws of moses wasn't enough ?,, Search ur scriptures properly ..although you can check this out :-
" 10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.

11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.

12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?

13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?

14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;

16 In that I command thee this day to love the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the Lord thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

17 But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;

18 I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.

19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

20 That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them." - deut 30:10-20

(Please note 30:11-14 ) **

- You say judaism is not a religion of ‎knowledge. ....I don't wanna waste time on that ( jews produce,diffuse aπϑ apply knowledge )

- Jsus isn't Israel's Messiah please ...judaism finds it funny that he is the christian god. The term Messiah means "anointed". This refers to anyone initiated into G-d's service by been anointed with oil. Every king aπϑ prophet was a messiah !
Saul - 1sam26:4
David - 2sam23:1
Prophets - 1kings19:16
Non-Jewish kings - Isa45:1 ...am sure ur bible never called this king THE MESSIAH, however, he is the special anointed one who will usher the world into a future Utopian age, an age of perfection . We should be able to verify this One, who he is .
Don't wanna spend much time on this .

You also gave me that " a man is justified by faith without deeds(works) .... Honestly ur NT always contradicts itself and says something as this " faith without works is dead ..." , can't remember the verse but am sure you are famiiar with it.

ahaahhaaaha, very funny.
if i do not know anything about Judaism atleast i know that you people have been thought of these simple undeniable truths
God is a spirit..
God can do anything as a spirit
consequently,there is spiritual and physical realm,
and that we live in the physical realm,restricted with our 5 senses which can only perceive things only in the physical except we are told about God and the spiritual realm though the sciptures
and that through Adam and Eve, sin and death came to mankind.
and that anybody who break any of 10 commandments of moses is liable to die
well, i want to say when i say the law of moses is not enough i meant it is not enough for things of the spirit,God is a spirit, God don't need the law for his judgment, the law is physical
because the law is physical, in this physical realm that we live we need the law of moses as Jesus didn't come to abolish it. so we christians understand the law as well as Judaism and Islam as we christians also preach repentance of sin
that aside, Now, you people in Judaism know that Adam and eve sin in the OT as a result there is death which was a problem to mankind. please i want to ask have they informed you people in Judaism that there is solution to the problem of death for mankind?
incase they they have not inform you that one then it is obvious prove that Judaism has not yet seen the solution to the problem of mankind because we in Christianity have the solution, knowing that God can do anything
so i will encourage you to join christianity if you want to know how the problem of death was solved
you also know that God can do anything in Judaism. How come you don't know that God can transform himself into a man he created in his image and likeness and live on earth like a man in the person of Jesus Christ such that few people knew he was God through his miracles?
he did that for a reason. if you want to know the reason please join christianity
if angels had the power to transform themselves as men and come to earth to thine with Abraham don't you think God can do better?
there is something about Christianity that may interest you. You know, just like you said,Christianity is an offshoot of Judaism, true.
over time Judaism have tried to suppress christianity starting by killing Jesus Christ and all the persecution of early christians but inspite of all that christianity didn't go into extinction. why because, Jesus descibe christianity in one of his parables as a little seed that is planted and that seed grow to become a very big tree so that fowls of the air come to lodge on it
Luke 13:19 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.
this prophesy has been fulfilled today, Google it, which religion is the biggest religion in the world today? you will find out that it is christianity (i know there are also bad people in christianity as well as every religion and some christians are also leaving christianity for other religion )
inspite the suppression and persecution or how you think one man idea,self spiritual jorney or self realization you think christianity is, thosands of people worldwide are leaving their local faith and running into christianity on dairly bases
that means there is something they have seen in christianity that other religion on earth could not offer
like i said, you will never know what we have seen until you join, it's just a simply principle of life
if you don't know about a thing you can't say anything categorically about it
Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by scosco1: 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2014
Who told you that anyone who breaks any of the commandments is liable to die ?

You say the law is physical ? G-d never said the law(Torah) is restricted to our physical well being. When G-d saves He saves the whole .
-what do you have to say of tithing ?
-Charity ?
-marriage ?
-kindness even to animals ?
-studying the law(Torah) so it doesn't depart from our lips aπϑ heart ?
-Idolatry ?
aπϑ many more . Does the Torah's view on some of these subjects I listed only apply physically or they don't have spiritual implications ?

The law(Torah) is G-d's instruction to mankind . More like an instruction manual from a manufacturer τ̲̅ȍ Ў☺y so Ў☺y enjoy the product . Our Creator gave us guidelines on living within the earth that He created out of His goodness so we can overcome our evil inclination aπϑ enjoy Life.

"G-d is not a man"...God can "appear" as a man but not become a man please. He can appear in forms...that doesn't mean He is what Ў☺y saw !

Judaism suppress christianity ? ...don't know if Ў☺y are famiiar with history ? Please re-read your history books again . Jews have suffered persecution like no other nation in history , more especially in the hands of christians , Ok ?
By the way you are so right with ur figures ...christians are more ! So , who can persecute you Christians except you allow the so as to gain sympathy since its obvious you have such population ! Jews worldwide aren't upto 30milliion even wen am been generous wit the figures . Jews have been persecuted throughout their history even till now that Israel has been reborn in 1948 as state of Israel ! The only Jewish nation in the world !

Death wil cease forever when HaMashiach(Messiah) graces the earth during the messianic era !

" He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the Lord hath spoken it." - isa 25:8

Jsus since he died 2000yrs ago mankind hasn't stopped dying ! We are still dying !

We take G-d by His word , not some spiritual stuffs the christian folks are so gullible too accept . Christians are good at spiritualizing evrything .
Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by paxonel(m): 7:46pm On Sep 16, 2014
scosco1 : Quote Post
Who told you that anyone who breaks any
of the commandments is liable to die?
well,before God, death or mere punishment there is no difference .it is in this physical life that we have different punishments for a person who steal and another person who lie. before God it is not like that. it is one vedict for everybody who commit sin(no matter the sin, nothing like big or small sin ) and that vedict is death
James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by paxonel(m): 11:35pm On Sep 16, 2014
scosco1: Who told you that anyone who breaks any of the commandments is liable to die ?

You say the law is physical ? G-d never said the law(Torah) is restricted to our physical well being. When G-d saves He saves the whole .
-what do you have to say of tithing ?
-Charity ?
-marriage ?
-kindness even to animals ?
-studying the law(Torah) so it doesn't depart from our lips aπϑ heart ?
-Idolatry ?
aπϑ many more . Does the Torah's view on some of these subjects I listed only apply physically or they don't have spiritual implications ?

The law(Torah) is G-d's instruction to mankind . More like an instruction manual from a manufacturer τ̲̅ȍ Ў☺y so Ў☺y enjoy the product . Our Creator gave us guidelines on living within the earth that He created out of His goodness so we can overcome our evil inclination aπϑ enjoy Life.

"G-d is not a man"...God can "appear" as a man but not become a man please. He can appear in forms...that doesn't mean He is what Ў☺y saw !

Judaism suppress christianity ? ...don't know if Ў☺y are famiiar with history ? Please re-read your history books again . Jews have suffered persecution like no other nation in history , more especially in the hands of christians , Ok ?
By the way you are so right with ur figures ...christians are more ! So , who can persecute you Christians except you allow the so as to gain sympathy since its obvious you have such population ! Jews worldwide aren't upto 30milliion even wen am been generous wit the figures . Jews have been persecuted throughout their history even till now that Israel has been reborn in 1948 as state of Israel ! The only Jewish nation in the world !

Death wil cease forever when HaMashiach(Messiah) graces the earth during the messianic era !

" He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the Lord hath spoken it." - isa 25:8

Jsus since he died 2000yrs ago mankind hasn't stopped dying ! We are still dying !

We take G-d by His word , not some spiritual stuffs the christian folks are so gullible too accept . Christians are good at spiritualizing evrything .

1 Like

Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by scosco1: 11:41pm On Sep 16, 2014
paxonel: scosco1 : Quote Post
Who told you that anyone who breaks any
of the commandments is liable to die?
well,before God, death or mere punishment there is no difference .it is in this physical life that we have different punishments for a person who steal and another person who lie. before God it is not like that. it is one vedict for everybody who commit sin(no matter the sin, nothing like big or small sin ) and that vedict is death
James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
Show me where G-d said that in the OT when He was giving them the law(Torah) ...that if you fail one it's as if you failed all ? G-d is a just and righteous G-d ! HE alone gives true justice , justice in the sense that you get the punishment that is equivalent to the wrong that you did ! "he judges according to our deeds" ...G-d will not punish one a homosexual with the same degree of punishment with one who told a lie because he was hungry ! He no longer is a True and just G-d if HE does so ! So show me where when HE was giving the law(Torah) where HE said if you fail one you fail all or the punishment for failing one is equivalent to failing all ? ...deut 30:11 " for this commandment I give you today is not too hard for you , neither is too far " ....
Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by paxonel(m): 12:09am On Sep 17, 2014
scosco1: Show me where G-d said that in the OT when He was giving them the law(Torah) ...that if you fail one it's as if you failed all ? G-d is a just and righteous G-d ! HE alone gives true justice , justice in the sense that you get the punishment that is equivalent to the wrong that you did ! "he judges according to our deeds" ...G-d will not punish one a homosexual with the same degree of punishment with one who told a lie because he was hungry ! He no longer is a True and just G-d if HE does so ! So show me where when HE was giving the law(Torah) where HE said if you fail one you fail all or the punishment for failing one is equivalent to failing all ? ...deut 30:11 " for this commandment I give you today is not too hard for you , neither is too far " ....
you see, this is a clear reason why there is socialism and capitalism today. a capitalist will want a clear justice because all is well with him, but the moment things becomes bad (because no condition is permanent ) he begins to desire grace
on the other hand, a socialist understand that all hands are not equal. consequently, things can never be better for everybody in the society unless there is grace. so he becomes merciful to the poor
God who created mankind understand that everybody can not keep the law in the OT. so he becomes merciful by bringing the NT to help us, he decides to be merciful. will you now fight him for being merciful?
Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by Spuggie: 12:11am On Sep 17, 2014
mstik: We are made righteous with Christ, through his death.

seriously??
i suppose raping, murder, rituals, adultery, fornication cannot land a believer in hell. Trust me on this,I love ur version of Christianity
Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 17, 2014

Yes yes we who do not think like you are all going to hell...how thoughtful lol

1 Like

Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by paxonel(m): 12:53am On Sep 17, 2014
Spuggie:

seriously??
i suppose raping, murder, rituals, adultery, fornication cannot land a believer in hell. Trust me on this,I love ur version of Christianity

justice demand that anybody who perpertrate evil (whether you are a christian or not ) will go for it. He will suffer the consequence here on earth.Grace will not be there to help him
Romans 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
But when it comes to eternal life (not going to hellfire ) grace stand for every man who believe in Christ
Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Grace and justice(works of the law ) are two different things, they didn't come to fight each other
Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
i don't think it takes a special high level of reasoning to understand this thing

Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by scosco1: 11:21am On Sep 17, 2014
paxonel:
you see, this is a clear reason why there is socialism and capitalism today. a capitalist will want a clear justice because all is well with him, but the moment things becomes bad (because no condition is permanent ) he begins to desire grace
on the other hand, a socialist understand that all hands are not equal. consequently, things can never be better for everybody in the society unless there is grace. so he becomes merciful to the poor
God who created mankind understand that everybody can not keep the law in the OT. so he becomes merciful by bringing the NT to help us, he decides to be merciful. will you now fight him for being merciful?

Like I always say I respect everyone's belief ...I enjoy reading ur opinions neither am I saying mine is the best but its good we always take a critical look at most of what is been revealed to us ..pls take ur time and ponder on this observations below please :

- We are told that God came to dwell on the earth as Jesus. However, I found that :
"But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold the heaven and theheaven of heavens cannot contain You; much less this temple that I haveerected."
1 Kings 8:27

- We are told that God came as a human in Jesus to change the way things were tosomething better. However, I found out that :
God is not man to be capricious, Or mortal to change His mind. Would Hespeak and not act, Promise and not fulfill?
Numbers 23:19
Moreover, the Glory of Israel does not deceive or change His mind, for He isnot human that He should change His mind."
1 Samuel 15:29

- We are told that YHVH's glory was given to Jesus and all praise is to Jesus.However, I found out that :
"I am YHVH, that is My Name; and My glory I will NOT give to another,nor My praise to the graven images."
Isaiah 42:8

- We are told that God speaks in types and shadows and we must find those hiddenthroughout Scripture. However, I found this :
"Not in secret did I speak, in a place of a land of darkness; I did notsay to the seed of Jacob, Seek Me, in vain; I am YHVH, Who speaksrighteousness, declares things that are right."
Isaiah 45:19

- We are told that the God of the "Old Testament" changed to a moreloving God through Jesus in the "New Testament". However, note this as well :
And until old age I am the same, and until you turn gray I will carry; Ihave made and I will bear and I will carry and deliver.
Isaiah 46:4

- We are told that Jesus and God are the same, equal, alike. However, I also discovered :
To whom shall you liken Me and make Me equal and compare Me that we may bealike?
Isaiah 46:4,5
And to whom do you compare God, and what likeness do you arrange for Him?
Isaiah 40:18
"Now, to whom will you compare Me that I should be equal?" saysthe Holy One.
Isaiah 40:25

- We are told that salvation comes from Jesus who, according to 19 verses in theNew Testament, is "the son of man". However, I found thisinteresting:
"Do not put your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom thereis no salvation!"
Psalm 146:3
(Here are the NT verses in which Jesus calls himself, or is mentioned as, theson of man: Mk 14:21, 2:10, 2:18, 14:62, 10:45, 13:26; Mt 26:24, 24:30, 11:19,16:27, 9:6; Lk 22:22, 7:34, 5:24, 12:8; Jn 3:13, 5:27; Rev 1:13, 14:14)

- We are told that Jesus is the savior and the redeemer. However take note :
I, I am YHVH, and besides Me thereis NO Savior.
Isaiah 43:11
And I am YHVH your God from the landof Egypt, and gods besides Me youshould not know, and there is no savior but Me.
Hosea 13:4
So said YHVH, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, "I am YHVH yourGod, Who teaches you for your profit, Who leads you by the way you should go.
Isaiah 48:17
Thus said YHVH, your Redeemer, Who formed you in the womb: It is I, YHVH,who made everything, Who alone stretched out the heavens And unaided spread outthe earth;
Isaiah 44:24
For I am YHVH your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
Isaiah 43:3

- We are told that the "Law/Commandments" of the Old Testament are toodifficult for us to fulfill and many things are concealed from us, which is whywe need Jesus who fulfilled it all for us and now nothing is concealed.However, take note and realize it ( in mind that this is YHVH, Himself,speaking):
"For this commandment which I command you this day, is not concealedfrom you, nor is it far away.
It is not in heaven, that you should say, "Who will go up to heaven for us and fetch it for us, to tell [it] to us, so that we canfulfill it?"
Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say,"Who will cross to the other side of the sea for us and fetch it for us,to tell [it] to us, so that we can fulfill it?"
Rather,[this] thing is very close to you; it is inyour mouth and in your heart, so that you can fulfill it."
Deuteronomy 30:11-14

I'll stop here for now and allow you go through my opinion and Scriptures on all we have discussed .
Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by mstik(f): 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
It's not my own version of Christianity
When a believer comes to understand this
He indeed becomes dead to sin
Spuggie:

seriously??

Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by scosco1: 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
Please , I don't mean to offend anyones sensibilities or personal convictions to his/her faith . Am sorry if I did ,it wasn't meant too ...I take it more of a logical and enlightening discussion . We are all free to choose our paths pls . Shalom !

1 Like

Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by paxonel(m): 8:17pm On Sep 17, 2014
scosco1:

Like I always say I respect everyone's belief ...I enjoy reading ur opinions neither am I saying mine is the best but its good we always take a critical look at most of what is been revealed to us ..pls take ur time and ponder on this observations below please :

- We are told that God came to dwell on the earth as Jesus. However, I found that :
"But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold the heaven and theheaven of heavens cannot contain You; much less this temple that I haveerected."

- We are told that God came as a human in Jesus to change the way things were tosomething better. However, I found out that :
God is not man to be capricious, Or mortal to change His mind. Would Hespeak and not act, Promise and not fulfill?
Moreover, the Glory of Israel does not deceive or change His mind, for He isnot human that He should change His mind."

- We are told that YHVH's glory was given to Jesus and all praise is to Jesus.However, I found out that :
"I am YHVH, that is My Name; and My glory I will NOT give to another,nor My praise to the graven images."

- We are told that God speaks in types and shadows and we must find those hiddenthroughout Scripture. However, I found this :
"Not in secret did I speak, in a place of a land of darkness; I did notsay to the seed of Jacob, Seek Me, in vain; I am YHVH, Who speaksrighteousness, declares things that are right."

- We are told that the God of the "Old Testament" changed to a moreloving God through Jesus in the "New Testament". However, note this as well :
And until old age I am the same, and until you turn gray I will carry; Ihave made and I will bear and I will carry and deliver.

- We are told that Jesus and God are the same, equal, alike. However, I also discovered :
To whom shall you liken Me and make Me equal and compare Me that we may bealike?

- We are told that salvation comes from Jesus who, according to 19 verses in theNew Testament, is "the son of man". However, I found thisinteresting:
"Do not put your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom thereis no salvation!"
(Here are the NT verses in which Jesus calls himself, or is mentioned as, theson of man: Mk 14:21, 2:10, 2:18, 14:62, 10:45, 13:26; Mt 26:24, 24:30, 11:19,16:27, 9:6; Lk 22:22, 7:34, 5:24, 12:8; Jn 3:13, 5:27; Rev 1:13, 14:14)

And I am YHVH your God from the landof Egypt, and gods besides Me youshould not know, and there is no savior but Me.
So said YHVH, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, "I am YHVH yourGod, Who teaches you for your profit, Who leads you by the way you should go.
Thus said YHVH, your Redeemer, Who formed you in the womb: It is I, YHVH,who made everything, Who alone stretched out the heavens And unaided spread outthe earth;

- We are told that the "Law/Commandments" of the Old Testament are toodifficult for us to fulfill and many things are concealed from us, which is whywe need Jesus who fulfilled it all for us and now nothing is concealed.However, take note and realize it ( in mind that this is YHVH, Himself,speaking):
"For this commandment which I command you this day, is not concealedfrom you, nor is it far away.
It is not in heaven, that you should say, "Who will go up to heaven for us and fetch it for us, to tell [it] to us, so that we canfulfill it?"
Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say,"Who will cross to the other side of the sea for us and fetch it for us,to tell [it] to us, so that we can fulfill it?"
Rather,[this] thing is very close to you; it is inyour mouth and in your heart, so that you can fulfill it."

I'll stop here for now and allow you go through my opinion and Scriptures on all we have discussed .
Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
chai. JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH. so shocked 2 hear this. Why are u laying up wrath and curses 2 urself with al this satanic doctrines

1 Like

Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by paxonel(m): 8:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
scosco1:

every Scripture you quote here (apart from the ones you quoted to point out that jesus says he is a son which does not exclude the fact that the son of man is God, John1:1) are all in the OT which we have in our bible as well as the NT and we have examined the two religions and concluded that Jesus is the Christ. for instance Jesus talked about the abomination of desolation in Matthew 24 as prophesied by Daniel in the OT,
Daniel 8:13 precisely, we read through daniel in the old testament to confirm what Jesus was talking about just to see if jesus was truly the messiah and we were marvelled by the level of accuracy
but you people in Judaism never bothered to go through the NT to do a research, how then will you know? you people don't know you are all restricting your knowledge to OT alone and you are lagging behind
no wonder everything you say here i see them as incomplete understanding of the sovereignty of God who rule all spheres of life,both heaven and earth. because every scripture you quoted here (apart from the ones you quoted to say Jesus is the son of God) are irrationally old testament alone
Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by emmyskies(m): 8:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
This wrong doctrine don pain me well well well well well. Kai!!! If an unbeliever goes to hell, we'd say he went there coz he didn't believe in Christ, but if a believer goes to hell, what do we then say??

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." (2 Timothy 4:3-4)

The wage of sin is death, whether believer believer or no believer, the soul that sinneth shall die.

JESUS CHRIST have said it already: If your eyes or right hand, no matter how precious they are to you causes you to sin, cut them off and throw it away, avoid sin at all cost, he will say to sinners on the last day: Depart from me, I know you not!! Ye workers of iniquity.

Let them that have ear, let them hear

1 Like

Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by emmyskies(m): 8:47pm On Sep 17, 2014

Why then would He cast believers that preached and did many great works in His name to hell on the last day?
Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by emmyskies(m): 8:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
ProphetUdeme: chai. JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH. so shocked 2 hear this. Why are u laying up wrath and curses 2 urself with al this satanic doctrines
Bro, if you know how these things pains me eh?? Woe unto men, that the devil have come to reside amongst us...
Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by paxonel(m): 9:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
ProphetUdeme: chai. JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH. so shocked 2 hear this. Why are u laying up wrath and curses 2 urself with al this satanic doctrines

my friend we are here to solve problems, if you have anything to say, support it with scriptures just like the way i supported mine with scriptures
there are lot of satanism in Nigeria today in the form of poverty and corruption yet your old doctrine cold not solve them
I'm telling you something you didn't know before instead of you to examine it first, using your bible, you are quick to call it satanic
for your information it is the same doctrine you call satanic that has lifted up America,Canada,Australia, UK and other developed christian nations.over the years to become what they are today, just because they aspire for knowledge and understanding by having a critical and meticulous study of the scripture
but Nigeria is wallowing in poverty and corruption because nigerians are still reading bible like primitive people who lark education
Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by paxonel(m): 9:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
emmyskies: This wrong doctrine don pain me well well well well well. Kai!!! If an unbeliever goes to hell, we'd say he went there coz he didn't believe in Christ, but if a believer goes to hell, what do we then say??

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." (2 Timothy 4:3-4)

The wage of sin is death, whether believer believer or no believer, the soul that sinneth shall die.

JESUS CHRIST have said it already: If your eyes or right hand, no matter how precious they are to you causes you to sin, cut them off and throw it away, avoid sin at all cost, he will say to sinners on the last day: Depart from me, I know you not!! Ye workers of iniquity.

Let them that have ear, let them hear
we know wrong doctrines by every statement they make. bros, calm down,nor vex again. just mention only one statement i make in that explanation that is wrong
just one
just give me one wrong statement there in the explanation
hope you know Nigeria is a very corrupt nation?
you will also tell me, the doctrine they have been teaching nigerians over the years if it is the right one why is Nigeria corrupt?
have you heard of the word FALLACY?
you will also tell me what fallacies mean to you
then we will know who the matter dey pain pass whether na me or you
Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by emmyskies(m): 9:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
paxonel:
we know wrong doctrines by every statement they make. bros, calm down,nor vex again. just mention only one statement i make in that explanation that is wrong
just one
just give me one wrong statement there in the explanation
hope you know Nigeria is a very corrupt nation?
you will also tell me the doctrine they have been teaching nigerians ever the years if it is the right one why is Nigeria corrupt?
then we will know who the matter dey pain pass whether na me or you

I don't have anything personal against you. Read your post again and read every single comment on your thread to know what is wrong or rather, false
Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by paxonel(m): 9:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
emmyskies:

I don't have anything personal against you. Read your post again and read every single comment on your thread to know what is wrong or rather, false
then i will take it that you don't have anything to say
Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
emmyskies:
Bro, if you know how these things pains me eh?? Woe unto men, that the devil have come to reside amongst us...
i wonder if they read their bible upside down widout the Spirit's help to understanding which results in Heresy that they are spewing here. Lord have mercy on us

1 Like

Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by paxonel(m): 11:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
emmyskies:

it has never started paining you, you have not seen anything yet o anti good news
shame nor they catch you?
i don't blame your pastors who are grooming you into this.
i blame Nigerian government who is allowing pastors to give Nigerians like you false orientation thereby making atheist and even Muslims laugh at you nigerian christians
Re: Everybody In Christianity Are Saved. No Matter How Terrible You Think You Are by emmyskies(m): 10:20am On Sep 18, 2014
paxonel:

it has never started paining you, you have not seen anything yet o anti good news
shame nor they catch you?
i don't blame your pastors who are grooming you into this.
i blame Nigerian government who is allowing pastors to give Nigerians like you false orientation thereby making atheist and even Muslims laugh at you nigerian christians

Eiya....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheists Have A God His Name Is Big Bang / ISIS Fighter Becomes A Christian After Being Denied Entry Into Heaven / I Am A Moslem But I Can't Do Without...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.